Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:06:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201066 times)
The real one

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:53:25 AM

i don't wanted to build a link or something else.
i just wanted to say, that new coins and airdrops always gain some attention, some more, some less.

and the litecred point was just an example, how much attention is possible.

Oh no, it wasn't an accusation of linking to anything. The name seemed to resemble Decred, so it had to be said that there is no association - worried about users getting confused, if it's not made clear. It's appreciated that you brought it up.

I was present last night during the airdrop of licred, and i swear on my parents is a BIG SCAM.

Fake airdrop with fake users.The coin will go to the 2 chinese boy how did the scam BTW is not their first SCAM here from these people.

Decred is another coin, with real people anD a project. You can't compare decred and litecred licred or wtf they call.

Litecred is a Chinese SCAM build up in 3 days. Decred is a star in the sky.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
behindtext

Activity: 121
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 12:09:20 PM

i don't wanted to build a link or something else.
i just wanted to say, that new coins and airdrops always gain some attention, some more, some less.

and the litecred point was just an example, how much attention is possible.

Oh no, it wasn't an accusation of linking to anything. The name seemed to resemble Decred, so it had to be said that there is no association - worried about users getting confused, if it's not made clear. It's appreciated that you brought it up.

I was present last night during the airdrop of licred, and i swear on my parents is a BIG SCAM.

Fake airdrop with fake users.The coin will go to the 2 chinese boy how did the scam BTW is not their first SCAM here from these people.

Decred is another coin, with real people anD a project. You can't compare decred and litecred licred or wtf they call.

Litecred is a Chinese SCAM build up in 3 days. Decred is a star in the sky.

While I'm unwilling to condemn litecred as a scam, here are some things to consider:

- Decred has been developed in private over an almost 2 year period (started in April 2014).
- Since none of the Decred source code is public yet, any project based on Decred almost assuredly has no code of its own.  Once the source code is public, this will obviously change.
- There has been zero contact between the litecred project and Decred.

My assessment of litecred is that it falls in the "too soon" bucket, so proceed with caution.

kerhso

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

🌟 LAToken ICO - August 22, 2017 🌟

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:31:20 PM

I have successfully submit an application, but did not receive E-mail

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:16:05 PM

Interesting project. I'll try to apply for the airdrop.  Smiley

decred (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 236

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 01:16:27 PM

You are likely in the second batch of participants and their e-mails will go out in the near future. You can PM _ingsoc on the project's forum and he can look at your application for you if you need to check up on its status.
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:20:09 PM

I guess i best reply to this, then, so not to clog the thread disproportionally, I'll try to just watch a day or two.

There is no fundermental misunderstanding. I do not believe dcred an attack on bitcoin as such, more an attack on decentralisation/equality due to massive % of "total" dcreds held by c0 in 1 year. I don't think everything new is a threat, but then there is nothing new in (a company) trying to take such vast (potential)future profit/power. I appreciate any contribution to Bitcoin made by c0, past and future, thankyou. I understand no claim of perfect has been made, but (imo) the stake held by c0 will prevent any real, long term, growth (perfect). c0 will hold all the real mass profit.

I would not suggest anyone follow Bitcoin blindly, I always recommend research, as I would here. Funny how $82 can warp ones' oppinion though.

Who said Decred was worth anything?

I understand the value will be set by the market, not ones' opinion

If decred is "not worth anything", how will the devs earn a living?
(devs paid in decred will need to sell to eat I presume)

p14 (270) beyondtext
While I understand that you may feel 10% is too high a rate, as someone who has funded a lot of development work over the past 5 years, I disagree with your assessment.  At a 10% subsidy rate, the dev organization will accumulate approximately 302,000 decred during its first year.  If we assume the value of 1 decred averages to USD 1.00 over the first year, this means we'll have USD 302K to spend on development work.  This is a small amount of funding and can pay for 3-4 full time developers for 1 year, so if we went below 10% dev subsidy it would mean the project cannot fund itself unless its exchange rate is well over USD 1.00 per decred.

So, as we see, Beyondtext assumes $1 average in year 1.
(presumably starting at $0.49, finishing the year at $1.50?)
That presumption allows Beyondtext to pay 3-4 devs.

If in fact the price remains at, or lower, than $0.49, that only pays maybe 2 devs or less.

p25 488 ingsoc
This begs the question though, and it's a serious one, what's the alternative for a new dev in the future? Work on Bitcoin and get paid nothing? Or work in a system where you get compensated for innovation and contributions that feed back into Bitcoin as well? I know that's biased, but

So when ingsoc says "new dev work BTC for free or work here for pay...."
maybe only 1 dev need apply! Not so ground breaking.
Edit, just noticed ingsoc does say "A new dev in future" - singular

(Also worth considering on this subject is that work will need doing, submitting, voting, implementing ect, before any payment?
My point, it will be hard for any dev to plan/live of of this. A lot of risk of project rejection? Also the DHG is not an ideal entity for payment
Edit. Also, if a lot of work is done by competing devs, but price doesn't rise, devs will go unpaid/underpaid. Equating to a massive risk dev work goes unrewarded/underrewarded when/if implemented, benefiting the "freeloader" not the dev. Same as Bitcoin?)

BTW I dont disagree with the 10% block reward to pay devs whatsoever. I quite like it.
I am just wondering the impact this will make on the project, in relation to the 4% premine c0 hold impact on the project.

The scope of the 10% dev reward block can be changed over time. The premine cannot. It gives an immediate dominance to a company/single entity.

So, if the "accepted (Beyondtext) sustainable dev/price ratio" is (ie) 3-4 dev @ $1 average yr 1,
then c0 really has 2x return on "up front invesrment cost" = 840k
or, if the "accepted sustainable dev/price ratio" is (ie) 1-2 dev @ $0.49.
then c0 really get 1x return on up front investment cost" = 420k
So (to move on below) we need a consensus on how many devs are needed/expected/required? (I read 3-4 min? maybe not such a project if only supporting 1 dev?)
Anyway, if the price does need to be higher (than 0.49) to support the expected dev numbers, this should be clearer.

So now the PoS yr1. c0 recieve ~ 450k coin, passively, for nothing other than they started this "controlled by all" project.
That is another 2% of all decred coin produced, ever. And on it goes, year after year.(at least in the "good return" early years)
c0 claim they only want their investment back, yet are rewarded, massively, thereafter.
IMO, c0 PoS reward should be diverted to the dev fund. That would be fairer, (supporting devs more ect.) that is how this coin should be structured.

This is the usual massive profit/power model here.
Wake up people, we've seen it all before.

I could really use $80 of BTC though....

Edit. And in immidiate response to my detailed, potentially productive, hard thought (though negative) analysis, two blinged up hero members step in to profit from the next p&d game.....   vvv   vvv   vvv

decred need to average a price of $1 in year 1, in order to pay 3-4 devs. (Behindtext)
I presume a $1.5 price at end year 1 to achieve this?

So, c0 should declare the past "work/investments" at $1.50, not $0.49, a level which will not sustain the development of this project, then c0 would receive 1/3 the coin they concider due to them, (840k decreds) = 280k decreds

And really, c0 should continue to shoulder some of the risk going on. Also show good will.
So c0 could receive maybe 240k decreds at launch, and (with PoS rewards) still be adequately rewarded/repaid.

In this scenario, at end of year 1, c0 will have receive ~ 1 million less coin than they would under current proposal.
That would probably give this coin a chance to work.

Then 600k less decreds need premining.
Also, c0's PoS awards earned on those coin will be less obscene, and create less dominance/centralisation.
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:24:15 PM

Decred >>> Blockpocker

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 01:54:55 PM

• Internal voting system for the addition of new features and hard or soft fork selection - Both PoW and PoS miners can vote for features and issues through bit flags, providing a sensible mechanism for resolving disputes about the features of the blockchain.

Is there any more info on this? Majority vote will be considered consensus from all peers?

eXtatiC

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:18:13 PM

Me too! Still waiting e-mail Huh
Ch3wbacca

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:23:23 PM

Be patient guys, they are probably at jobs, or analyzing the links that represent the email addresses or sleeping.  Tongue

PM me if you wish for me to advertise you
MickGhee
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:29:22 PM

Decred >>> Blockpocker
whatever dude if you think like that you can hit the bricks we need good loyal positive people here

You are likely in the second batch of participants and their e-mails will go out in the near future. You can PM _ingsoc on the project's forum and he can look at your application for you if you need to check up on its status.

thats what i did make sure you give an example of who you are and what you do. i dont know if they have a criteria but a lil bragging cant hurt i guess lol

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
decred (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 236

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 03:33:37 PM

Is there any more info on this? Majority vote will be considered consensus from all peers?

There is more information about consensus in the introduction to Decred (Technology) and the technical brief (Hybrid PoW/PoS Design) pages on the wiki.
MickGhee
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 03:50:54 PM

also i sent my buddy this way he has a youtube channel called BITCOIN RUSH. its pretty popular. he is prolly gonna talk about this coin on his next episode which will send this thing supernova.  so get ready for fun!

MickGhee
Legendary

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 04:11:46 PM

WE NEED MOAR TWITTERS

Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:06:25 PM

WE NEED MOAR TWITTERS

I agree. I retweeted the last tweet made by decredproject.

scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 05:10:53 PM
Last edit: January 13, 2016, 12:28:40 AM by scam confirmed

• Internal voting system for the addition of new features and hard or soft fork selection - Both PoW and PoS miners can vote for features and issues through bit flags, providing a sensible mechanism for resolving disputes about the features of the blockchain.

There is more information about consensus in the introduction to Decred (Technology) and the technical brief (Hybrid PoW/PoS Design) pages on the wiki.

Thanks! Do I understand correctly that a simple majority vote (more than half hashrate/trust/or the like) will be considered sufficient for the activation of a contentious hard fork and that the purpose of the voting system ist to abolish consensus-based decision making in favor of a democratic voting system?

I am wondering why you think this kind of voting system „resolves disputes about the features of the blockchain“? I mean it's already possible for a majority of users to switch to a different fork, just as it‘s possible for a minority of users to do it -  with or without „internal voting system“.  But to switch the entire economy to new consensus rules requires -> general agreement among participants -> consensus.

Colonel Crouton

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:24:55 PM

I wasn't talking from that point of view..

I was talking from the point of view about thinking about the technology behind Decred and what impact it can have. The majority won't focus on that but "how big it can get".

This is normal and expected, and am more keen on what this project will bring to the table.

How big it can get is really all that matters for a decentralized currency. It's part and parcel with the tech.

For example, can bitcoin itself scale to make it a global currency for everyday use? It's probably consistent with the motivation behind bitcoin to say that the answer to that question is fundamentally important to the future of human liberty.

Ten-Hut!
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:11:41 PM

WE NEED MOAR TWITTERS

I got approved for the airdrop, haven't had time to install the wallet and collect my coins but when I do will give my feedback.
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 12:36:04 AM

Maybe all the people bitching about 5000 limit didn't read what the devs are looking for. The airdrop is not for people that have been in crypto for a month and won't contribute anything to the project or community.  If you are not an old and active member on forums, IRC, or twitter with a lot of crypto followers, artist, programmer, promoter, etc. offering your talents, then frankly you shouldn't be in the 5000 because you are not what they are looking for. It is not a mass airdrop to anyone who asks, and it is refreshing to see that.  No one needs 5000 Chinese and Indian 12 year olds getting 168 coins and instantly selling them. And even though I am a hero member and active in forums and IRC, I did not apply, as I can promote it a bit and get pool ops or exchange ops to look at coins, but this coin isn't going to need that, it will be a given. I can just mine or buy 168 coins, but I do know people that will promote it on twitter with big followings that applied and got accepted.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money