Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:23:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62725 times)
qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:21:27 AM

I would always go with holding Bitcoin because that is what I know and what I am familiar with and I do not no a thing about gold.
I think that I am going to search some things about gold and maybe invest in it as well.
queluy

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:44:36 AM

Personal feeling holding btc than holding some of the gold hedge Kiss
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:28:05 PM

I would always go with holding Bitcoin because that is what I know and what I am familiar with and I do not no a thing about gold.
I think that I am going to search some things about gold and maybe invest in it as well.

If you are rich and you have a lot of extra money then you must invest in gold because it is a good way to secure your money and slowly grow it because gold is one of the safest investment that you can made and it is not hard to have that because there is a lot of seller of gold and also it is easy to secure it by just having a secured vault in your house.
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:48:43 PM

why not both of them ? i think with saving 20-30% your profit/money to gold always be a good choice, they already have their own market that can'be ruined by any other thing, even bitcoin i think. Old people and traditional people that can't use technology still hard to believe bitcoin is really exist, but who knows ? we are the next generation of old people, we can teach the next generation  Grin

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 05:06:22 PM

Investing in gold is relatively straight-forward. It is not as complex as purchasing equities or mutual funds. Also it is not as difficult as investing in real estate or farmland (which requires a lot of paper-work). Only a few things should be checked before purchasing gold - such as the quantity of purchase, storage and long-term target.
VasyaPupkin

Activity: 322

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:25:06 PM

Investing in gold is relatively straight-forward. It is not as complex as purchasing equities or mutual funds. Also it is not as difficult as investing in real estate or farmland (which requires a lot of paper-work). Only a few things should be checked before purchasing gold - such as the quantity of purchase, storage and long-term target.

You are right, in fact, investing in gold is not as difficult as it seems to some people. I read many answers that it's very difficult to buy gold. But this is not so, because gold can be bought as easily as bitcoin

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 06:27:56 PM

gold is not better then btc, coz u can't  buy or sell gold like btc so for me btc holding better  then gold.

We can say this because we are earning bitcoin but this shouldn't be debated as both things are profitable to us. Both has their own good preferences and the best thing into it is you can diversify your capital for these very good investment. Bitcoin is investment and currency while gold is also the same, both things can be a good asset.
Yup, I agree that the gold is more stable than bitcoin.
But nowadays bitcoin is more beneficial than holding the gold because the bitcoin have a great potential to increase its value and it is increasing and proving itself. Keeping both the gold and bitcoin is a brilliant idea for the future.
dmamigo

Activity: 1232

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:01:09 PM

gold is not better then btc, coz u can't  buy or sell gold like btc so for me btc holding better  then gold.

We can say this because we are earning bitcoin but this shouldn't be debated as both things are profitable to us. Both has their own good preferences and the best thing into it is you can diversify your capital for these very good investment. Bitcoin is investment and currency while gold is also the same, both things can be a good asset.
Yup, I agree that the gold is more stable than bitcoin.
But nowadays bitcoin is more beneficial than holding the gold because the bitcoin have a great potential to increase its value and it is increasing and proving itself. Keeping both the gold and bitcoin is a brilliant idea for the future.

Gold can be possessed as backup and for safe/fixed returns if you go for Gold bonds, where as Bitcoin return is riskier and speculative return, but the return is way higher as per current movement. So it will depend on a particular individual what he wants with his money.

But I like your idea of holding both Gold and Bitcoin, as both has different feature and returns.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:00:19 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Better to hold BTC than gold. It is easy to earn than gold.
Exactly something very hard to find will have a high price? Do you think what makes gold has a high price and strong. Because gold is hard to find you need to mine with a very expensive tool to get gold. And gold will have a very high price, im sure of it
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 10:15:50 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Gold have been in existence since time immemorial and I believe there is no households that is not aware of gold. And bitcoin just came into existence not quite long with so many people not knowing what bitcoin is really all about. So it is irrational to compared bitcoin will Gold holder's.  Gold has many users as a store of value as compared to bitcoin.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:31:17 PM

why not both of them ? i think with saving 20-30% your profit/money to gold always be a good choice, they already have their own market that can'be ruined by any other thing, even bitcoin i think. Old people and traditional people that can't use technology still hard to believe bitcoin is really exist, but who knows ? we are the next generation of old people, we can teach the next generation  Grin
Thats true, i think people with less technological knowledge would certainly choose to invest in gold. With it then gold will continue to have investors. Besides gold I think will have a bright future too. See gold hard to find, and has a limit on the number

BunnyShibe

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:15:03 PM

Thats true, i think people with less technological knowledge would certainly choose to invest in gold. With it then gold will continue to have investors. Besides gold I think will have a bright future too. See gold hard to find, and has a limit on the number

people are holding gold for a long time. it is a long long tradition, but now people are changing their mind and now they are giving more importance to such business where they have more chances of making money. and specially those people who know about bitcoin they like to invest money in bitcoin because they know the importance of bitcoin that bitcoin can give them a good profit that they even cannot expect from any other business even not from their day job.
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:26:53 PM

people are holding gold for a long time. it is a long long tradition, but now people are changing their mind and now they are giving more importance to such business where they have more chances of making money. and specially those people who know about bitcoin they like to invest money in bitcoin because they know the importance of bitcoin that bitcoin can give them a good profit that they even cannot expect from any other business even not from their day job.
but still majority of people do not know anything about bitcoin. and therefore they are still giving preference to gold. even some people have knowledge about bitcoin but still they are not investing their money in bitcoin because of security risk.they are not business minded people and are not welling to risk their money.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
wilwxk

Activity: 476
Merit: 314

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:31:33 PM

I think i never will say its most security hold bitcoin as hold gold, but i can say the gold its only if you need a extremly secure "bank" of money and hold of btc its for who wants to win something.
Fireblade

Activity: 770

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:50:49 PM

I think i never will say its most security hold bitcoin as hold gold, but i can say the gold its only if you need a extremly secure "bank" of money and hold of btc its for who wants to win something.
but even gold cannot give you good security, because there are chances of stealing your gold. if you are interested in trading or investment then you have a good option and that is to trade altcoin. from trading altcoin you can no doubt make a good profit that we even cannot get from investing our fiat money in some kind of business.
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 01:25:38 AM

The nice thing about gold over bitcoin is that it has a much longer history and it's far less risky. They are both considered good assets for times of financial crisis, but I definitely see gold as being much safer.

Questat

Activity: 2842
Merit: 604

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:40:46 AM

The nice thing about gold over bitcoin is that it has a much longer history and it's far less risky. They are both considered good assets for times of financial crisis, but I definitely see gold as being much safer.
What is safer is really better but to hold for longer time is not good for people who does not really have a good amount to invest.
Gold offers opportunity to the rich people but bitcoin can make rich become richer and poor become rich.

oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:49:11 AM

Based on the security you could prefer gold, but in terms of profitability bitcoin is the all time best. I suggest to invest into bitcoin, and in a short surely you'll be experiencing a good price increase. Make use of the difference leaving the capital to invest into gold.
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:25:42 AM

Gold has been used as an investment from the past few centuries.It is used as an ornament too.But now,many gold investors are shifting from gold to bitcoins.They see bitcoin giving more returns than gold in a very short period and also they find their investment in bitcoins as secure since it works on a secured block chain system.

JayT

Activity: 188

http://cryptoinvesting.net

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 08:54:52 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 09:19:59 AM by JayT

Everyone saying that bitcoin is better because it will go up faster doesn't know much. You can leverage gold 100x, then a 1% move = double your money. It all depends how much risk you want to take on...the leverage is there if you want to play the paper. What if gold goes up to 2000 again? (it will) that is A LOT of doubling. Gold is the best long term. Banks and government will probably issue gold backed currency and the price will go very high. Gold has a much better chance being adopted for currency (again, as usual) than bitcoin.

Bitcoin will be seen as totally speculative unless it is accepted as official currency. Bitcoin has a lot of headwinds too. Don't fool yourself, if gvt wanted to squeeze it, they could. They could ban it! They could ban gold too. But they wont, because no need. They let you play in the cryptos, no problem. Won't be paying your taxes in btc anytime, bet on that. Sure, in bad financial times it will go up, but so will every other asset like land, classic cars, art, metals etc. Gold would be over 70,000 / ounce if our money was backed by it.

All the gold that exists is worth 4 trillion. The market is much bigger then bitcoin. That number, the marketcap is what matters to value 'all of something', exactly what you would do when comparing the 2.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: