Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:25:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62724 times)
roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:28:03 AM

Everyone saying that bitcoin is better because it will go up faster doesn't know much. You can leverage gold 100x, then a 1% move = double your money. It all depends how much risk you want to take on...the leverage is there if you want to play the paper. What if gold goes up to 2000 again? (it will) that is A LOT of doubling. Gold is the best long term. Banks and government will probably issue gold backed currency and the price will go very high. Gold has a much better chance being adopted for currency (again, as usual) than bitcoin.

Bitcoin will be seen as totally speculative unless it is accepted as official currency. Bitcoin has a lot of headwinds too. Don't fool yourself, if gvt wanted to squeeze it, they could. They could ban it! They could ban gold too. But they wont, because no need. They let you play in the cryptos, no problem. Won't be paying your taxes in btc anytime, bet on that. Sure, in bad financial times it will go up, but so will every other asset like land, classic cars, art, metals etc. Gold would be over 70,000 / ounce if our money was backed by it.

All the gold that exists is worth 4 trillion. The market is much bigger then bitcoin. That number, the marketcap is what matters to value 'all of something', exactly what you would do when comparing the 2.
You are obsoletely correct the gold never replaced by bitcoin. The present situation the value of the gold is less to compare bitcoin, but it has more value in the inaternatinaol market. And the investors also huge to compare bitcoin investors. Illiterates and poor people are invested in Gold, but they will not invest in bitcoin. That much popularity gold already got in the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:49:57 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Gold has been used as an investment from the past few centuries.It is used as an ornament too.But now,many gold investors are shifting from gold to bitcoins.They see bitcoin giving more returns than gold in a very short period and also they find their investment in bitcoins as secure since it works on a secured block chain system.
Yes more and more people now are getting into bitcoin rather than gold because of the bigger returns of investment in bitcoin rather than gold and bitcoin is one of the newest currency that has a lot of features that can help the world to change or improve its financial system and people who discovered bitcoin wants to get involved to that change.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:37:59 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

The nice thing about gold over bitcoin is that it has a much longer history and it's far less risky. They are both considered good assets for times of financial crisis, but I definitely see gold as being much safer.
What is safer is really better but to hold for longer time is not good for people who does not really have a good amount to invest.
Gold offers opportunity to the rich people but bitcoin can make rich become richer and poor become rich.
Yes that is because price of bitcoin has been rising till now. But who knows what will happen after scaling on 1st of August this year, well if it happens. Risk is higher with bitcoin, and that is why the gain is higher too. Holding bitcoin over a longer period till now has proven good, but who knows what will future bring...
btctousd81

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 02:25:28 PM

if you want more return in short time period, bitcoin is great, but if you want stability and peace of mind then you better stay with the gold.

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:55:07 PM

why not both of them ? i think with saving 20-30% your profit/money to gold always be a good choice, they already have their own market that can'be ruined by any other thing, even bitcoin i think. Old people and traditional people that can't use technology still hard to believe bitcoin is really exist, but who knows ? we are the next generation of old people, we can teach the next generation  Grin
I think a good idea by investing in both? Why not? If you have a lot of money you can share your money or the profits you get by investing in both. After all if the price of both goes up of course it can give double benefit to you rirght ?
Armando

Activity: 870
Merit: 500

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 02:27:08 PM

why not both of them ? i think with saving 20-30% your profit/money to gold always be a good choice, they already have their own market that can'be ruined by any other thing, even bitcoin i think. Old people and traditional people that can't use technology still hard to believe bitcoin is really exist, but who knows ? we are the next generation of old people, we can teach the next generation  Grin
I think a good idea by investing in both? Why not? If you have a lot of money you can share your money or the profits you get by investing in both. After all if the price of both goes up of course it can give double benefit to you rirght ?

right, it's never a good idea to keep all money in one pocket
Palmerson

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 03:36:31 PM

Gold is this centuries-proven metal for investment. I think you cannot compare it with any currency. The price depends on the Fiat of the state's economy and Central Bank policy. Bitcoin price generally rests exclusively on demand, but it is not reliable. Think gold wins in all respects.

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀

♡   Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency   ♡
██Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |  Bitcointalk  |  Github██

▄▄██▄▄
       ▄▄███▀  ▀███▄▄
   ▄▄███▀▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀██▄
██▀  ▄▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄▄  ▀██
██▄ ██▀              ▀██  ██
▀▀████▄▄▄             ██  ██
▄   ██▀▀▀████▄▄▄      ▀▀████
██  ██       ▀▀▀███▄▄▄     ▀
██  ██             ▀▀▀███▄▄▄
██  ██▄▄            ▄▄██ ▀██
██▄   ▀▀██▄      ▄██▀▀   ▄██
▀███▄    ▀██▄▄██▀    ▄███▀
    ▀▀██▄▄   ▀▀   ▄▄██▀▀
        ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀██▀▀
Armando

Activity: 870

Trading will make me rich)

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 04:01:37 PM

Gold is this centuries-proven metal for investment. I think you cannot compare it with any currency. The price depends on the Fiat of the state's economy and Central Bank policy. Bitcoin price generally rests exclusively on demand, but it is not reliable. Think gold wins in all respects.

IMO BTC is the "gold" of our new, "digital age"...
Vikingr

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:16:41 PM

Invest in both will give you less money if you invest in a 1 side then yes you will get more.If it is about Gold then you will get in small number of money from Gold if it is bitcoin then you will be one day millionaire by bitcoin. As it is going. Bitcoin is more powerful than gold in a debate. So therefore try to go for bitcoin.
Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:20:29 PM

Invest in both will give you less money if you invest in a 1 side then yes you will get more.If it is about Gold then you will get in small number of money from Gold if it is bitcoin then you will be one day millionaire by bitcoin. As it is going. Bitcoin is more powerful than gold in a debate. So therefore try to go for bitcoin.
that is right and i think investment in both can make you confuse. i will also suggest that bitcoin investment can be more profitable. but you must also keep it in your mind that investment in bitcoin is also as risky as other investment are because no one know about the price of bitcoin and the price of bitcoin can even drop at any point. while investment in gold may more safe because there is no such fluctuation in the price of bitcoin.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 10:43:11 PM

Actually both have their own advantages ,. The investment opportunities of gold and bitcoin are pretty good. But if viewed in terms of legality, gold may be far superior to bitcoin.
And this has been proven for years.
jonosutio

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:09:34 PM

If for a safe look should choose to hold gold, because the price is stable but if you want to get the results of long-term investments should select hold bitcoin only, as seen from several years the price is always rising, as a note of limited bitcoin stock only 21 million coins
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:28:17 PM

if you want more return in short time period, bitcoin is great, but if you want stability and peace of mind then you better stay with the gold.

Thats true, if you want to profit in the near term then you can choose invest in bitcoin but the risk will certainly be bigger than investment in gold. But I think it's not a problem to choose both for investment, certainly investment in both will provide a nice combination of benefits right ?
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:41:12 PM

Holding btc and gold both  is profitable, but for good return in small time BTC is better to hold here. For gold is not much profitable as much as BTC in terms of fast return.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:08:40 AM

Holding btc and gold both  is profitable, but for good return in small time BTC is better to hold here. For gold is not much profitable as much as BTC in terms of fast return.
In my opinion, we should just focus in bitcoin first because in bitcoin, we can easily grow our money in a short and fast period of time and after we made profits in bitcoin then we can start to invest those profits in gold we can have both investment and both for long term which is the best option for those two gold investments because bitcoin is the gold v2.
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:25:48 AM

The value of BTC is rising very fast. The value of gold is steady. Investing in BTC will provide you fast money. A year in investment with BTC will yield a considerable profit relative to your investment of course. Whereas in gold, there is no fast rise in price. But it provides you an almost risk-free investment as gold will remain to be valuable even after several decades. BTC does not have that assurance. There's the significant difference that you should be mindful of.
darthmaul

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:59:27 AM

that is right and i think investment in both can make you confuse. i will also suggest that bitcoin investment can be more profitable. but you must also keep it in your mind that investment in bitcoin is also as risky as other investment are because no one know about the price of bitcoin and the price of bitcoin can even drop at any point. while investment in gold may more safe because there is no such fluctuation in the price of bitcoin.

It is not about gold or bitcoin. Its about the percentage of money in terms of traded volume. The more the volume the more that asset will give you ROI. So how does the volume is decided? It can be from hours to months for particular market. On one side gold works for 5 days while bitcoin keeps working whole without a rest. This might be a fatal difference between the two commodities. Im sure bitcoin will overcome gold at any given time but who knows for how long the blockchain technology will sustain its root in the digital world. The fall and rise can occur at any time and the investment must be done with complete acknowledgment of these assets, questions like what is trade volume, how long the commodity is going to stay, how much involvement is there, must be asked every time you do it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
mrfreezeh

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:14:50 AM

The value of BTC is rising very fast. The value of gold is steady. Investing in BTC will provide you fast money. A year in investment with BTC will yield a considerable profit relative to your investment of course. Whereas in gold, there is no fast rise in price. But it provides you an almost risk-free investment as gold will remain to be valuable even after several decades. BTC does not have that assurance. There's the significant difference that you should be mindful of.
When invest Bitcoin, can't use it as retirement, because we not know in future, cryptocurrency can rasing and popular on the world's as Gold or not? Still live or died by an issue or banned on the world's by government! I think if invest long-term 10-30 years, Gold is best choice and not have value can compare with it, Bitcoin can investing 1-3 years if can improve in next time Smiley
oaz7t

Activity: 269
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:55:21 AM

I'm going all with the bitcoin. That is why I'm here in thus form. To know bitcoin more and more and make myself confident about bitcoin investment. That would logical investment into bitcoin as I can get fiat money with all the interest earned with bitcoin over the time.
n0ne

Activity: 2576
Merit: 548

Seabet.io | Crypto-Casino

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 06:07:53 AM

When invest Bitcoin, can't use it as retirement, because we not know in future, cryptocurrency can rasing and popular on the world's as Gold or not? Still live or died by an issue or banned on the world's by government! I think if invest long-term 10-30 years, Gold is best choice and not have value can compare with it, Bitcoin can investing 1-3 years if can improve in next time Smiley
Why not, the driving force of entire cryptocurrency network is faith. Believe in it, you'll be profited whether it's a plan for retirement or to get rich doesn't matter. I suggest you to make an equal investment on bitcoin and gold now, just have patience and give priority to gold as a long term investment. Surely within 5years time you'll be benefitted high from bitcoin. With this you can invest more on gold for your retirement if gold is the secured investment.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: