Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:34:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62724 times)
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:25:35 AM

Well, in my opinion, Gold is Gold, Having more Golds means the higher the price of fiat money
Bitcoin is internet dependent, but holding it means investing it and waiting for the rise of the value of bitcoin.
Which is better? I think Gold is still better than Bitcoin when it comes to holding it and Gold is "physical".
The fact that gold is a physical asset is also a disadvantage, gold can be stolen very easily and it is very difficult to track also there are many counterfeits of gold, unlike bitcoin, no one can counterfeit a bitcoin, and there are some substances that are very similar to gold in the appearance that can fool people, gold is also very difficult to transport without bringing attention to yourself, so as you can see bitcoin has advantages over gold as well.

Bitcoin also has it's own disadvantage, Bitcoin price is very volatile right now and you don't want to lose your savings in bitcoin by 20% in a day. But Bitcoin is super easy to carry (paper wallet, or perhaps brain wallet) and you can spend bitcoin easily, but you don't want to reveal your BTC stash (this could be a threat to your safety) when you're selling some of Bitcoins into fiat.
It was not my intention to imply that bitcoin does not have any weak points all my point is that there are differences between gold and bitcoin and we must learn to choose the best tool for the job, if you want to store the value of your money there is not a better option than gold, but if you want to earn money by investing or trading there is nothing that can surpass bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 03:32:45 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

For me if you're really an investor, you will probably do both of them. Hold bitcoins and hold gold, in can cause a lot money in the future, because bitcoin value and gold value are both have a potential. Their value always goes up from time to time.

It's wise and strategic to diversify your investments and so having your investments in both gold and Bitcoin is in the right direction and you stand a chance of making it big in future.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 06:48:09 AM

The gold market is huge compared to the market of bitcoin and I do not think that is going to change any time soon, however bitcoin is slowly gaining ground, let us hope that in the next 10 to 20 years bitcoin can compare to a fraction of the market of gold.

Gold market is huge just because Gold is for there  for more than 100 years and people has great trust on it. No one can say that he did not know about the Gold. On the other hand Bitcoin has not completed its 10 years of its lifecycle and also many people in the world simple do not know what is a bitcoin. But this does not make Gold superior than Bitcoin. Consider the price and value which bitcoin has created in just less than 10 years and if bitcoin had 100 years of time, it could have been way ahead of Gold.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
ProzCoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:47:20 PM

I think holding of gold is better as gold is seen as an investment option for centuries and each and everyone trusts and backs gold which makes gold the most popular and safest investment a person can make. Gold will never loose its value so i think holdings of gold are better.
holding of gold is no doubt a good option people are hoding gold for a long long time, but I think the new generation is more interested in bitcoin because there is more chances to make money in trading bitcoin as compare to gold.
It was the old days when people were holding gold as in nowadays I am not seeing anyone who is saying that they are holding gold for making money if anyone is holding then he is not aware of bitcoin. Now everyone know that gold will give a smallest profit after years while bitcoin gives the same amount of profit within a few weeks or months.
yes in current time people are mostly use Gold as for jewelry and for fashion. while for making money i think bitcoin is the best option with them from where they çhave the opportunity to make a big amount of money.

Let me correct you, yes jewelry and diamond is only for fashion and luxury, but the gold is different. It's not like you said. People buy gold for investment purposes. Not for the fashion. Most of the old reserves was used for gold bullions, not for fashion items.
that is correct. People consider gold as an investment but not diamond. Diamond and other jewelry are only used for fashion purposes and trade between rich people. Gold is more common to all the people from different strata. 

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:44:46 AM

The gold market is huge compared to the market of bitcoin and I do not think that is going to change any time soon, however bitcoin is slowly gaining ground, let us hope that in the next 10 to 20 years bitcoin can compare to a fraction of the market of gold.

Gold market is huge just because Gold is for there  for more than 100 years and people has great trust on it. No one can say that he did not know about the Gold. On the other hand Bitcoin has not completed its 10 years of its lifecycle and also many people in the world simple do not know what is a bitcoin. But this does not make Gold superior than Bitcoin. Consider the price and value which bitcoin has created in just less than 10 years and if bitcoin had 100 years of time, it could have been way ahead of Gold.
I do not know about that but I do know that if bitcoin keeps growing at the rate it has done so and the devs keep improving the protocol then there is a big chance that bitcoin will be able to get a significant market that belongs to gold at the moment since investor will like to have a store of value and to earn money too.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:05:11 AM

There are a few key differences:

Liquidity and fees: it's much easier, and less costly as a % of principal, to buy/sell bitcoin than it is to buy/sell gold. This is positive for bitcoin.
Time: gold has been used as a store of value for thousands of years, and will probably be used as a store of value in the future. Bitcoin is still in its infancy. This is positive for gold.
Practical value: Gold is used for some industrial processes, but rarely. Bitcoin has a ton of uses as a means of exchange. Positive for bitcoin.
Exactly!, Bitcoin and Gold has it's own pros and cons, but we must understand that bitcoin is not strong as Gold when it comes to global adoption and becoming a global standard, but as time goes by, bitcoin will mature into becoming as strong as gold, and i agree when it comes to normal exchanges, bitcoin is usable specially on exchange to fiat money, no doubt on that and bitcoin has a lot of future opportunities and possibilities that can strengthen it's status as a currency.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:31:55 AM

It's because bitcoin has not been so popular right now, look at gold users already reaching the whole world and everyone in the world knows that gold is a profitable and safe investment. Of course that's what makes the gold market bigger than bitcoin, I think bitcoin takes a long time to be like gold?
ladydark

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:59:55 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Gold has been stored for centuries as an investment and also used a an ornament.It has gained trust of people world wide for decades.Huge volume of people are holding gold as an investment.But bitcoin has been introduced just eight years ago.Earlier,it was mostly used as a currency.From past two years after its price has raised tremendously and so people started considering bitcoin as an investment.So,in no way,volume of bitcoin holders could reach volume of gold holders.

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 02:27:47 PM

Gold has been stored for centuries as an investment and also used a an ornament.It has gained trust of people world wide for decades.Huge volume of people are holding gold as an investment.But bitcoin has been introduced just eight years ago.Earlier,it was mostly used as a currency.From past two years after its price has raised tremendously and so people started considering bitcoin as an investment.So,in no way,volume of bitcoin holders could reach volume of gold holders.
Yes you are right now Bitcoin will give us good profit if we invest on this coin. But this is physical currency suppose the value goes down you will not get anything you should wait to increase price or you sell your coins at a low price. But gold is not like that if the value drops mean we can make ornaments and use it in real life. You can save your money in gold but don't expect profit like Bitcoin.
Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:04:20 PM

Fact for the last 3 years that the price of gold is stagnant so it is no longer profitable. Different from bitcoin, very volatile and profitable, so I recommend to hold bitcoin than gold.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 04:28:29 PM

but i think in present time the best place for good investment is bitcoin. through bitcoin investment you can make such amount of money that you cannot even expect form anything else. i am sure that bitcoin investment can give us good profit.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:28:00 AM

Of course gold market is bigger than bitcoin market, of course because gold has existed for thousands of years ago and already believed by many people in the world, of course that makes gold bigger, safer, than bitcoin. I think bitcoin is nothing compared to gold. gold more superior
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:34:06 AM

It's because bitcoin has not been so popular right now, look at gold users already reaching the whole world and everyone in the world knows that gold is a profitable and safe investment. Of course that's what makes the gold market bigger than bitcoin, I think bitcoin takes a long time to be like gold?
Gold has been around for lot more time and that generate trust in people they know that if they put their savings in gold, gold is not going to become valueless while they are sleeping when people finally have that confidence in bitcoin then the price of bitcoin will go up.
TropicalDog17

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:58:20 AM

Gold is stable for thousand years so you could hold your fortune in gold without worrying gold becomes worthless. holding bitcoin is more profitable but it's risky. Imo, holding gold is better
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:27:10 AM

Gold is stable for thousand years so you could hold your fortune in gold without worrying gold becomes worthless. holding bitcoin is more profitable but it's risky. Imo, holding gold is better
i dont agree on you the price  of the gold is rising.but it is consuming  a lot of time.t hat was only thier different .because in bitcoin in only 1 year or 3 to 5 years from now it can be more valuable.in a short period of time gold cannot currently increase thier price but in bitcoin it is un predictable  maybe tommorow or in the next week or these comming 2 to 3 years from now it can be verry high in terms of price..
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:24:48 AM

I think both are equally good choices, but for me for a percentage I better prioritize bitcoin because it has proven to be profitable faster than gold that seems slow moving.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:31:46 PM

Never. Gold is not extinct yet and so many countries hold it as their tradition. Gold exists at least 10 times more than the amount of bitcoin available. You can use Bitcoin on a daily basis for transactions,but who will use gold everyday for transactions? Also gold Is something that is tangible ,valuable,trusted by everyone but bitcoin is not tangible and Its not trusted as well.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:07:13 PM

I think both are equally good choices, but for me for a percentage I better prioritize bitcoin because it has proven to be profitable faster than gold that seems slow moving.

Both gold and bitcoin has a great value and you will never miss any single profit for choosing any of them. Just like the economists are saying, gold, silver are money and bitcoin is money as well. You will not lose for choosing one of them but for me, since I know bitcoin is the best and I'm still not entering the gold scene, I'll go first with bitcoin too.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
minizi99

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:43:42 PM

Both gold and bitcoin has a great value and you will never miss any single profit for choosing any of them. Just like the economists are saying, gold, silver are money and bitcoin is money as well. You will not lose for choosing one of them but for me, since I know bitcoin is the best and I'm still not entering the gold scene, I'll go first with bitcoin too.

Bitcoin gives us the opportunity to earn capital, which can be invested in gold.
But gold does not make a big profit, its price is stable and will never fluctuate as the price of bitcoin.
Both of these assets are good in their own way
wizardee

Activity: 666

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:45:22 PM

I do not really think that this is a good comparison in 2017, as Bitcoin still has a potential to be used as only a currency, while Gold has already had its time go by on that matter. However, on the contrary, Gold is a physical item that will retain its value for thousands of years and will be appreciated for its value every second of that time. Bitcoin is still highly volatile, but should still be a solid investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: