Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:32:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-Central, first exchange licensed to operate with a bank. This is HUGE  (Read 191822 times)
Joost

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 05:39:32 PM

The bitcoin-central site was taken off line for security maintenance to upgrade the servers environment.

Yet another self-imposed 48 hour deadline has passed, though. Please make sure you at least post daily updates. Lack of communication is the worst PR ever.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 06:10:58 PM

I'll just leave this here...

Quote from: davout
Quote from: sethsethseth
Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.
Nope, that would be Bitcoin-Central.net, open-source exchange, older than Britcoin (aka Intersango). Operating smoothly since December 2010. Never hacked.
Since Intersango is apparently unable to keep it together we're launching a new GBP market. Lowest fees available (free incoming wires, 0.99 GBP outgoing wires, 0.498% trade fee)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63877.msg1296575#msg1296575

Moral of the story: never brag about your security.
This was no bragging but simply stating facts.
To stick to facts:
Instawallet was hacked last week but bitcoin-central user balances are safe and NOT affected. The bitcoin-central site was taken off line for security maintenance to upgrade the servers environment.

Glad to hear it. I'm so much more happier now.
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:02:36 PM

The bitcoin-central site was taken off line for security maintenance to upgrade the servers environment.

Yet another self-imposed 48 hour deadline has passed, though. Please make sure you at least post daily updates. Lack of communication is the worst PR ever.

This. I think the communication has been awful, despite the rather infrequent notices.
tnkflx

Activity: 349
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:12:00 PM

I'll just leave this here...

Quote from: davout
Quote from: sethsethseth
Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.
Nope, that would be Bitcoin-Central.net, open-source exchange, older than Britcoin (aka Intersango). Operating smoothly since December 2010. Never hacked.
Since Intersango is apparently unable to keep it together we're launching a new GBP market. Lowest fees available (free incoming wires, 0.99 GBP outgoing wires, 0.498% trade fee)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63877.msg1296575#msg1296575

Moral of the story: never brag about your security.
This was no bragging but simply stating facts.
To stick to facts:
Instawallet was hacked last week but bitcoin-central user balances are safe and NOT affected. The bitcoin-central site was taken off line for security maintenance to upgrade the servers environment.

So, when will it be back up? You missed your deadline...

| Operating electrum.be & us.electrum.be |
seldon

Activity: 353

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 10:42:42 PM

[Apr-05 11:30PM CET]

The service was taken offline last Monday, April 1st, to upgrade security after discovering a security breach. Now that we are finished with the security upgrade, we are going to resume services gradually starting today, April 5th 2013.

As a first step, Bitcoin-Central and Paytunia customers will be able to access their account with their prior login/password to view their balances (BTC, EUR, GBP or USD). Funds received by bank wire during the service suspension have been credited. The system will be operating in read-only mode. All our bitcoin addresses will be changed to new ones (do not send to your old addresses as they will be deprecated).

Tomorrow, April 6th, the next step will be taken with the ability to cancel unexecuted orders. Because orders could not be cancelled during the suspension of the service, especially sell orders at a price below today's market prices, we will delete pending orders that were created before the suspension of the service that could be executed immediately. Orders that are more than 20% off the current market prices are not going to be deleted as they are not going to be executed immediately. Customers will have time to review the order book and decide as to whether to keep or delete these "old" orders.

On Monday, April 8th at 3:00PM CET/Paris Time, full trading will resume with the ability to create and cancel buy and sell orders. Fiat currency (EUR, GBP or USD) withdraws will be available.

The bitcoin trading platform can be accessed via https://bitcoin-central.net.

Again, we apologize for the service suspension and the inconvenience of having your funds tied up for a week.
 With full knowledge of the fact that your funds were held secure in spite of a vicious hacker attack, we thank you in particular, for your continued use the trading platform.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Funny to say "today", the 5th - when posting 30mins before midnight.
glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:53:54 PM

this all thing start to smell bad no?

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
mrbitbank

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 05:22:02 PM

Stinks if you ask me, I would like to see a crime number published if this was reported as a crime, and as some else has pointed out that is not privy or sensitive information. It would just confirm a police investigation is really taking place
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 06:17:15 PM

Stinks if you ask me, I would like to see a crime number published if this was reported as a crime, and as some else has pointed out that is not privy or sensitive information. It would just confirm a police investigation is really taking place

+1
seldon

Activity: 353

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 10:06:45 AM

It's back!! At least for me the btc and € balance are correct
coined

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:56:42 AM

I sent some coins in and they got over 20 confirmations and never got added to my account, then the site went down because of the security threat, and now the site is back up and the coins are not there and support ticket goes unanswered for 6 days, I don't want price to crash before they sort this :/ where did the coins that I sent to my old receiving address go?

anyone have something similar happen?
thehairymob

Activity: 152
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 12:29:58 PM

They are saying that they are sorting things out manually. Here is the link to their statement https://bitcoin-central.net/notice_2013_04_06
lucb1e

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 12:35:54 PM

It's back!! At least for me the btc and € balance are correct
Same here.
coined

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:19:46 PM

They are saying that they are sorting things out manually. Here is the link to their statement https://bitcoin-central.net/notice_2013_04_06

there is nothing there regarding my situation  Sad I sent coins, but before they could get added to my account the site went down, and now that it is back the coins are not there, and that old receiving address I sent them into is now replaced by a new one, so where are the coins I sent in just before the site went offline?
glub0x
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1013

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 02:29:31 PM

things look alright to me.

The cost of mediation increases transaction costs, limiting the
minimum practical transaction size and cutting off the possibility for small casual transactions

Satoshi Nakamoto : https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
lucb1e

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 03:10:45 PM

there is nothing there regarding my situation  Sad I sent coins, but before they could get added to my account the site went down, and now that it is back the coins are not there, and that old receiving address I sent them into is now replaced by a new one, so where are the coins I sent in just before the site went offline?
Perhaps someone else here knows the answer (I don't), but you can always open a support ticket. They probably won't be quick to respond though, I imagine they'll be getting lots of questions these days.
thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:18:04 PM

Perhaps someone else here knows the answer (I don't), but you can always open a support ticket. They probably won't be quick to respond though, I imagine they'll be getting lots of questions these days.
I don't know your level of expertise (and I'm no techie myself) but have you tried looking up the receiving address on the blockchain (e.g. through blockchain.info) to see if you can see your transaction?
coined

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 03:28:03 PM

I don't know your level of expertise (and I'm no techie myself) but have you tried looking up the receiving address on the blockchain (e.g. through blockchain.info) to see if you can see your transaction?

I can see they were successfully sent on blockchain.info/ and have given them the link in the ticket. I really don't want a crash while my coins are stuck Sad
addi

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2013, 05:38:06 PM

Glad to see it's back up! Still awaiting my first transfers to go through though, been 1 hour +

Joost

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 06:21:54 PM

Glad to see it's back up! Still awaiting my first transfers to go through though, been 1 hour +

If you read the announcement, you'll see that the transfer market is still frozen until later tonight. Smiley
lucb1e

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 07:27:55 AM

If you read the announcement, you'll see that the transfer market is still frozen until later tonight. Smiley
The market yes, but what about depositing or withdrawing euros or bitcoin?

I'm moving the majority of my coins out for obvious reasons, but 18 hours later they're still "pending". Withdrawn from my balance, but status pending and not showing up in the blockchain. I guess they'll get processed somewhere after 10am (in 30 minutes). If not..... well let's say I was planning a trip to france anyway for other reasons, so that's convenient Cheesy

I am curious to see what happens when they open since the current price is stuck at 79. I guess nobody will be stupid enough to sell way under the mt.gox price, but who knows. Also because the price rose since yesterday, and you could already place orders yesterday. I've placed some orders at lower prices, so perhaps I'll get lucky Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: