Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 12:17:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading  (Read 129222 times)
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 11:05:16 PM

A few small suggestions :

1.  At top of screen where you show BTC balance it currently shows the uncommitted balance (i.e. excluding BTC committed to buys).  Showing your actual BTC balance would be far more useful (for me at least) - largely because that changes if a Bid of mine gets filled, whereas uncommitted balance doesn't.  So at present there's no indication when an order of mine has filled - I have to remember to check assets screen.  You'd need to make this change anyway if you're working on the change to allow same BTC to back orders on different assets.

2.  On trading screen, at present the Total field allows user input but does nothing.  It should either be non-editable (to avoid the temptation to enter price by mistake there then when click Buy/Sell, act straight into the other side of order book as you didn't change actual price) OR should work (on Bid side) that you enter an amount there then click calculate and it works out how many shares you can buy at the price you entered.  Personally I'd prefer it be made non-editable.

3.  On trading screen is it possible to make it so that you can click on an order (bid OR ask) and it sets both BOTH prices to the value you clicked on - often when placing an Ask or Bid you want to place just above/below current ones: click to set price allows you to just edit last digit without the possibility to enter wrong number of zeros and sell/buy from other side book of book.

4.  More complicated (this works on btc-e) would be getting calculate to work properly (combined with point 3 above)

Say Ask side of book is

3 @ 1
5 @ 2

Then an order of 8 @ 2 should compute a total of 13, not 16.  And if you click the 5@2 it would ideally set quantity to 8 and price to 2 on Buy - giving correct quantity/price to buy down to (and including) that point.
Ukyo (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 10:58:55 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2012, 11:45:17 AM by Ukyo

1.  At top of screen where you show BTC balance it currently shows the uncommitted balance (i.e. excluding BTC committed to buys).  Showing your actual BTC balance would be far more useful (for me at least) - largely because that changes if a Bid of mine gets filled, whereas uncommitted balance doesn't.  So at present there's no indication when an order of mine has filled - I have to remember to check assets screen.  You'd need to make this change anyway if you're working on the change to allow same BTC to back orders on different assets.

Done. Smiley

2.  On trading screen, at present the Total field allows user input but does nothing.  It should either be non-editable (to avoid the temptation to enter price by mistake there then when click Buy/Sell, act straight into the other side of order book as you didn't change actual price) OR should work (on Bid side) that you enter an amount there then click calculate and it works out how many shares you can buy at the price you entered.  Personally I'd prefer it be made non-editable.
Good idea. Changed.

3.  On trading screen is it possible to make it so that you can click on an order (bid OR ask) and it sets both BOTH prices to the value you clicked on - often when placing an Ask or Bid you want to place just above/below current ones: click to set price allows you to just edit last digit without the possibility to enter wrong number of zeros and sell/buy from other side book of book.

I am working on a couple more mini-feature's for the order lists/areas that should prove useful to some. Smiley

I actually did this, this morning, and was just finishing it tonight.
So.. Done. Smiley

4.  More complicated (this works on btc-e) would be getting calculate to work properly (combined with point 3 above)

Say Ask side of book is

3 @ 1
5 @ 2

Then an order of 8 @ 2 should compute a total of 13, not 16.  And if you click the 5@2 it would ideally set quantity to 8 and price to 2 on Buy - giving correct quantity/price to buy down to (and including) that point.

Done, done, and done. It was actually quite simple.
I also made sure the calculator highlighted green/red depending on funds/shares availability when using the 'Quick Fill'.

I still have one more additional feature for the calculator that everyone will like. Will try to get it added today.

Cheers! Wink
Deprived

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 06:54:35 PM

Got a rather annoying problem at moment - somehow most of my BTC is committed to an order that doesn't seem to exist.

My total BTC is correct (it matches the amount calculated by summing all transactions and also matches what my spreadsheet tells me I have).  But nearly all of it is committed - yet no Bids show up either in the My Assets/Market Orders tab (just my one Ask shows there) or on any assets (I looked at all 4).  There WAS one order of mine earlier which I cancelled - but that was only a very small one (and worked fine when I cancelled it).  Problem arose when I started looking for the other order(s) and there just weren't any.  It's a bit strange - as it's unlike me to go offline and leave BTC sitting around that AREN'T committed to an order, so I wuold have expected to find a bid of mine somewhere Smiley

Have checked on Firefox and Chrome - same on both.

If I got into any asset, BTC balance shows as :

BTC Balance    ฿1.799350    ฿1.725050    ฿0.07430

i.e. it's saying 1.725 BTC is reserved for a bid - yet no bids show anywhere.

Looking at all 4 assets, only place is could possibly be would on S-Dice (other 3 don't have total Bids even adding up to 1.72 BTC).  But only bid large enough there to contain my funds is the one for 3200 units at .0033 - and 1.72505 doesn't divide evenly by 0.0033.  So my funds must be either spread over multiple orders or tied up in a completely invisible (to me) one.  Or is there some other way to reserve funds that I've inadvertently clicked?

The changes in previous psot partially work for me - can't say for sure on all as I can't unreserve funds to test on the Bid side Smiley

Max Cost field is editable still (pretty sure it went uneditable for a while last night - whie it was still called Cost).

Here's how the quick-fill (semi) works for me.  This is on CoinBr.MPBPT-O.

Bid side is:

Quantity    Price    
5    ฿0.050    
1    ฿0.010    

If I click Quick Fill by the 5@.05 it correctly sets quantity to 5 and min price to .05.  Min earned stays at .05 even if I click calculate button - would expect it to change to .25 or .25*(100%-fee%).

If I click Quick Fill by the 1@.01 it correctly sets quantity to 6 and min price to .01.  Min earned stays at .05 even if I click calculate button - would expect it to change to .26 or .26*(100%-fee%).

It seems Min Earned is just staying at the price of 1 unit at the highest Bid.  No big deal - but not all that useful.

It then occurred to me that maybe you'd put something very useful in - so I entered (it's editable) 0.2 into "Min Earned" and clcked calculate.  Nothing happened (had hoped maybe it would set quantity to 4 and min price to .05).  So not quite sure what this field does.

Quick Fill on bid side looks to work similar - i.e. sets price/quantity right but the Max Cost field does nothing beyond stick at lowest Ask.

Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 07:50:04 PM

Got a rather annoying problem at moment - somehow most of my BTC is committed to an order that doesn't seem to exist.

My total BTC is correct (it matches the amount calculated by summing all transactions and also matches what my spreadsheet tells me I have).  But nearly all of it is committed - yet no Bids show up either in the My Assets/Market Orders tab (just my one Ask shows there) or on any assets (I looked at all 4).  There WAS one order of mine earlier which I cancelled - but that was only a very small one (and worked fine when I cancelled it).  Problem arose when I started looking for the other order(s) and there just weren't any.  It's a bit strange - as it's unlike me to go offline and leave BTC sitting around that AREN'T committed to an order, so I wuold have expected to find a bid of mine somewhere Smiley

Have checked on Firefox and Chrome - same on both.

If I got into any asset, BTC balance shows as :

BTC Balance    ฿1.799350    ฿1.725050    ฿0.07430

i.e. it's saying 1.725 BTC is reserved for a bid - yet no bids show anywhere.

Looking at all 4 assets, only place is could possibly be would on S-Dice (other 3 don't have total Bids even adding up to 1.72 BTC).  But only bid large enough there to contain my funds is the one for 3200 units at .0033 - and 1.72505 doesn't divide evenly by 0.0033.  So my funds must be either spread over multiple orders or tied up in a completely invisible (to me) one.  Or is there some other way to reserve funds that I've inadvertently clicked?

The changes in previous psot partially work for me - can't say for sure on all as I can't unreserve funds to test on the Bid side Smiley

Max Cost field is editable still (pretty sure it went uneditable for a while last night - whie it was still called Cost).

Here's how the quick-fill (semi) works for me.  This is on CoinBr.MPBPT-O.

Bid side is:

Quantity    Price    
5    ฿0.050    
1    ฿0.010    

If I click Quick Fill by the 5@.05 it correctly sets quantity to 5 and min price to .05.  Min earned stays at .05 even if I click calculate button - would expect it to change to .25 or .25*(100%-fee%).

If I click Quick Fill by the 1@.01 it correctly sets quantity to 6 and min price to .01.  Min earned stays at .05 even if I click calculate button - would expect it to change to .26 or .26*(100%-fee%).

It seems Min Earned is just staying at the price of 1 unit at the highest Bid.  No big deal - but not all that useful.

It then occurred to me that maybe you'd put something very useful in - so I entered (it's editable) 0.2 into "Min Earned" and clcked calculate.  Nothing happened (had hoped maybe it would set quantity to 4 and min price to .05).  So not quite sure what this field does.

Quick Fill on bid side looks to work similar - i.e. sets price/quantity right but the Max Cost field does nothing beyond stick at lowest Ask.

Ah hah!

I see it all now. It will be cleared up here pretty soon. Gonna put the patch in before correcting the reserves.
And yes, I had to put the box back temporarily due to Safari not liking my replacement. Should have it back tonight. Smiley
Important things first.

Will update as soon as the reserves stuff is 100%.
Deprived

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 08:24:45 PM

Reserves issue has sorted itself for me.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2012, 09:56:44 PM

Reserves issue has sorted itself for me.

Yeah, sorry for not responding sooner, have a busy day.
Also the replacement total boxes are back, and now properly working in Safari.

Thanks again! Smiley
SpaceJelly

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 08:55:43 AM

Is anyone else having issues logging into BitFunder? I have 2-factor auth on the account with google authenticator and its coming up 'Passwords do not match. '

I've done a reset password but still no luck. It was fine yesterday, and I've successfully logged in with 2-factor before so nothing has changed my end as far as I know.

Cheers.

1Je11yL4Fqw5nvaP6KUs2JDABBp29vKeEU
1JeLLyv8o7YwooSg53qEdDSPXeAT3ShQoc
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 01:49:18 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 02:01:07 PM by Ukyo

Is anyone else having issues logging into BitFunder? I have 2-factor auth on the account with google authenticator and its coming up 'Passwords do not match. '

I've done a reset password but still no luck. It was fine yesterday, and I've successfully logged in with 2-factor before so nothing has changed my end as far as I know.

Cheers.

Hey there,

I just asked a couple others on irc to test theirs and they seem fine. Mine does as well.
I do see where you did a password recovery and are set to 2-Factor.

The problem would actually be password matching. If you gave a bad 2-Factor code you would have seen 'Google 2-Factor incorrect or not provided.'.

I have PM'd you and we will get the issue resolved. Smiley

Thanks!
SpaceJelly

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 03:56:12 PM

Cheers.

Hey there,

I just asked a couple others on irc to test theirs and they seem fine. Mine does as well.

The problem would actually be password matching. If you gave a bad 2-Factor code you would have seen 'Google 2-Factor incorrect or not provided.'.

Thanks!

All sorted now. It was a problem between the chair and the keyboard!  Embarrassed

Thanks for the very quick response though Ukyo, and sorry for the false alarm!

1Je11yL4Fqw5nvaP6KUs2JDABBp29vKeEU
1JeLLyv8o7YwooSg53qEdDSPXeAT3ShQoc
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 04:09:36 PM

Cheers.

Hey there,

Thanks!

All sorted now. It was a problem between the chair and the keyboard!  Embarrassed

Thanks for the very quick response though Ukyo, and sorry for the false alarm!

No problemo, that is what I a here for. Wink

If anything else comes up, lemme know. Smiley
Deprived

View Profile
December 26, 2012, 09:01:29 PM

A few minor issues - none urgent or catastrophic.

1.  Volume reported (in settings) seems broken.  Mine says : "This quarter you have sold: ฿1 worth.".  After I did my first few sales totalling about 2.97 BTC it stayed at 0.  At some point later (days not minutes/hours) it went to 1.  I've sold more since then and it hasn't yet risen again.  Not sure what it's calculating - but it isn't the total value of shares I've sold (and paid fees on).

2.  When I make a purchase or sale (or just place a bid/ask) the screen refreshes and gos back to the same asset trade screen.  That's great - but the count of shares and BTC remains the same as prior to the transaction.  Got caught out by this trying to place a second Bid on something with what it said were my available funds - when of course it was reporting the funds as they were BEFORE my previous bid was placed.  The total BTC at top of screen also doesn't update.  Wuuld guess it's just that the page is being reloaded before some cache has been cleared/refreshed.

3.  This isn't an issue as such - just checking I have something correct, plus a question.  If I look at the public asset list and look at (for example) ABM (as it's first) I see only 285 shares listed.  But if I look at the profile for ABM I see 989 shares issued.  Would I be correct that the large discrepancy between those numbers is shares that you auto-imported but for which the account holder hasn't yet set a BTC address?  Further, would I be correct that I can edit my BTC address to blank so that noone can correlate my various holdings?  As someone who trades I can see clear uses that can be made from that information to assist in trading (I'm not going to spell them out here obviously).  So if it's allowed to blank your BTC address I'll weigh up the benefits/risks of doing so and either blank mine or not.  I don't believe you've fully considered how useful that public list is to someone who trades (and, hence, how unhelpful being on that list can be).
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2012, 07:03:36 PM

A few minor issues - none urgent or catastrophic.

1.  Volume reported (in settings) seems broken.  Mine says : "This quarter you have sold: ฿1 worth.".  After I did my first few sales totalling about 2.97 BTC it stayed at 0.  At some point later (days not minutes/hours) it went to 1.  I've sold more since then and it hasn't yet risen again.  Not sure what it's calculating - but it isn't the total value of shares I've sold (and paid fees on).

2.  When I make a purchase or sale (or just place a bid/ask) the screen refreshes and gos back to the same asset trade screen.  That's great - but the count of shares and BTC remains the same as prior to the transaction.  Got caught out by this trying to place a second Bid on something with what it said were my available funds - when of course it was reporting the funds as they were BEFORE my previous bid was placed.  The total BTC at top of screen also doesn't update.  Wuuld guess it's just that the page is being reloaded before some cache has been cleared/refreshed.

3.  This isn't an issue as such - just checking I have something correct, plus a question.  If I look at the public asset list and look at (for example) ABM (as it's first) I see only 285 shares listed.  But if I look at the profile for ABM I see 989 shares issued.  Would I be correct that the large discrepancy between those numbers is shares that you auto-imported but for which the account holder hasn't yet set a BTC address?  Further, would I be correct that I can edit my BTC address to blank so that noone can correlate my various holdings?  As someone who trades I can see clear uses that can be made from that information to assist in trading (I'm not going to spell them out here obviously).  So if it's allowed to blank your BTC address I'll weigh up the benefits/risks of doing so and either blank mine or not.  I don't believe you've fully considered how useful that public list is to someone who trades (and, hence, how unhelpful being on that list can be).

1. Check it now, see how that looks.

2. Yeah, I am adding some js by this weekend to be able to update the pre-rendered page data.

3.  a. Yes, the missing shares are unclaimed glbse shares.
b. I am aware of the blanking, and honestly have not had the time to fully consider the ramifications of allowing users to blank it out. I was debating allowing it, and posting a message that if they did it, then it would be a huge risk on their side if something should happen to BitFunder. For the same reasons, I am still debating forcing it. The signup requires an address.

How about some community input on this? That's the whole point. Smiley
Deprived

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 07:22:23 PM

Sales to date in settings looks fine now - thanks.

Just encountered a minor niggle - easily fixed I hope.

If I go to the market for an asset and Cancel one of my orders it takes me back to "My Assets" - instead of back to an updated view of the market for that asset.  Most times I cancel an order it's to put it back up at a different price - so staying in the market should be the default behaviour.  Cancelling an order doesn't change my assets - so no reason it should go them.  It's most annoying when cancelling a bid - as if I don't already own any of them I can't even go directly back to the asset from "My Assets" and have to go back via the main market.
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 09:19:16 PM

Sales to date in settings looks fine now - thanks.

Just encountered a minor niggle - easily fixed I hope.

If I go to the market for an asset and Cancel one of my orders it takes me back to "My Assets" - instead of back to an updated view of the market for that asset.  Most times I cancel an order it's to put it back up at a different price - so staying in the market should be the default behaviour.  Cancelling an order doesn't change my assets - so no reason it should go them.  It's most annoying when cancelling a bid - as if I don't already own any of them I can't even go directly back to the asset from "My Assets" and have to go back via the main market.

Cancel on the asset page now leaves you on the asset page. Smiley
burger

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2012, 10:35:22 PM

Nice updated Ukyo! Keep up the good work!

Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 10:16:28 PM

Ian,

Was it the signup verification email, or lost password verification email?
Usagi seems to have a problem with the lost password one.

-Ukyo
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2012, 11:28:59 PM

It was the signup one I believe, I can't exactly remember what the auth code was or where in the signup process I hit the bug, Ill go back later and see what email sent me where.
I have not used the lost pass feature yet tho.

I signed up at funder,hashpower,and weex... and connected them all with eachother, so yeah... lots of places to link and I am not sure which it was

anyhow, one of the auths told me it failed and I believe logged me out / had me on a logged out page, but on login I was verified.

Ah, that was probably WeExchange, it has a known bug for that actually. Smiley
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
January 01, 2013, 12:33:25 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2013, 12:48:31 AM by Ukyo

BitFunder is currently performing maintenance tonight.

Happy new years. Smiley

First of two maintenance windows are complete.

The last one will start about 9pm CST and last 2~4 hours.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 09:24:20 PM

Signed up to a real site and looked around how to deposit my BTC. I was really disappointed and surprised to find out I need a account in something called weexchange.co Sad
WTF is weexchange.co and what is the value they add to this?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Ukyo (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2013, 10:16:34 PM

Signed up to a real site and looked around how to deposit my BTC. I was really disappointed and surprised to find out I need a account in something called weexchange.co Sad
WTF is weexchange.co and what is the value they add to this?

WeExchange is an exchange site that Graet and myself operate.

I hope you would consider giving it a try as many others have and see the benefits for yourself. Smiley

Thanks!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: