Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:58:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen?  (Read 85988 times)
Olaf

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:49:21 PM

I think Bitcoin is already money, but if you mean if Bitcoin will replace fiat that's not impossible but need timing and more support for this crypto currency
I think bitcoin will not replace fiat in all over the world. you know, it can replace fiat in advanved countries, but not in villages that far from city. what I mean is bitcoin will never replace fiat.
Bitcoin may replace the online transaction of fiat but in offline transactions,fiat will continue to dominate.Fiat is backed by the economy of entire nation to which it belongs to it is not possible for bitcoin to replace it

I see more of a debt consolidation if anything else for banks to use for other global banks.

Imagine they have to send whatever notes/loan value to the other bank - w. paper work etc. When they can use the metric of bitcoin as they hold that much value exchange in their debt.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ultimatesky

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

SkyFall

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 10:18:09 PM

It could happen but most likely it will not happen if I'm honest because the normal money is just too big with the overall currency's.
As a example it can never take over the dollar I'm pretty sure about that.
quentincole32

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:39:06 PM

No this will not happen, the currency's that are used globally are just too big to take over, I'm thinking the opposite the currency's will replace the bitcoin at the end of this journey.
Currency's are also getting more digital these days so the bitcoin is not gonna get so special anymore for people because the government want to still have control and the untraceability is a nice feature but many people will disagree about that..

it's possible in my opinion , bitcoin could replaces real physical money soon or later in the future , just like we think debit card or credit card in 80's ago is not possible to happened, look at now debit card / credit card everywhere.
it's just the matter of time people coming to try and use bitcoin , and feel the advantages that they achieved.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
LayTheHorseTipster

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 01:20:40 AM

probably not bitcoin because it is just a first step. but bitcoin is important in this process.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:35:31 AM

It cant replace fiat,the printed money will become digital,as bitcoin is full digital already,soo fiat will be able only online,with cards and instant transfern will happen,bitcoin will belong ton that period of full digital.
adibe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:00:09 AM

It cant replace fiat,the printed money will become digital,as bitcoin is full digital already,soo fiat will be able only online,with cards and instant transfern will happen,bitcoin will belong ton that period of full digital.

Yeah, bitcoin can't replaces the money. But bitcoin can go along with money. The price of bitcoin is also depend on fiat though. So i think both already good in their own ways.
Olaf

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:14:05 AM

No this will not happen, the currency's that are used globally are just too big to take over, I'm thinking the opposite the currency's will replace the bitcoin at the end of this journey.
Currency's are also getting more digital these days so the bitcoin is not gonna get so special anymore for people because the government want to still have control and the untraceability is a nice feature but many people will disagree about that..

it's possible in my opinion , bitcoin could replaces real physical money soon or later in the future , just like we think debit card or credit card in 80's ago is not possible to happened, look at now debit card / credit card everywhere.
it's just the matter of time people coming to try and use bitcoin , and feel the advantages that they achieved.

arent we digital practically already?

I mean heck, most of us use credit cards that we barely see the physical money until its time to pay up at the end of the month.

And theres a option it goes out of the same checkings account so you really dont see it unless you want to..

avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:23:35 AM

Yeah, bitcoin can't replaces the money. But bitcoin can go along with money. The price of bitcoin is also depend on fiat though. So i think both already good in their own ways.

Even I agree that,But replacement in the sense It will replace International transaction and this bitcoin will help more to common people who is not able pay to many taxes and other hidden charges. Instead of saving separate country banking system which have link International reserve banking system will get damage because of bitcoin transaction method. That’s why government is not allowing bitcoin.
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:22:54 AM

Now in some places to buy goods directly can use bitcoin, how to conduct transactions directly using bitcoin? Because I place no purchases using bitcoin.

Nowadays has developed, which initially buy goods directly can only be used with the currency and credit cards, and can now use bitcoin although only in some places. Is it possible that the next few years means of exchange for transactions money initially turned into bitcoin?

What do you think about this?

yes i think that it may happen in near future, like 20-30 years, bitcoin could change real money, that would be really awesome for bitcoin and for all bitcoin users now because price would rise for sure, so even more people would agree to change currency to bitcoins
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370

Forza Italia

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:00:37 PM

Bitcoin will not replace money later. Money is really important for the most people, they dont even know how Bitcoin works.
So first you must learn them how to use it, and some also dont trust it and that is also very bad.
I think that Bitcoin will be more popular in the future, but it needs time.
Ryananda (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:55:45 PM

Bitcoin will not replace money later. Money is really important for the most people, they dont even know how Bitcoin works.
So first you must learn them how to use it, and some also dont trust it and that is also very bad.
I think that Bitcoin will be more popular in the future, but it needs time.
Yes I think you have a point that bitcoin will not be able to replace the money although bitcoin was during the good it will never happen.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:36:08 PM

I think it can happen "i.e bitcoin replacing USD and becoming money itself" but won't be any easy project, With how currencies already have there ground bitcoin would need to prove it's usefulness to get a chance at becoming "money".
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:35:27 PM

I think it can happen, If bitcoin keeps growing stably and steadily then it can at sometime get enough mainstream adoption to replace money, I don't think this is moving forward this rapidly though.

Bitcoin won't make money get vanished away. Only if bitcoin digitalization takes place only the usage of money get reduced.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
bankingbtc

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:05:36 PM

Now in some places to buy goods directly can use bitcoin, how to conduct transactions directly using bitcoin? Because I place no purchases using bitcoin.

Nowadays has developed, which initially buy goods directly can only be used with the currency and credit cards, and can now use bitcoin although only in some places. Is it possible that the next few years means of exchange for transactions money initially turned into bitcoin?

it will happen some day i think, just it will take much more than few years, it will take atleast 25 years

and that would be amazing because bitcoin is popular now so if it will be popular enough to replace fiat, price will be pretty high, like 10 000$/bitcoin
Ryananda (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:50:39 AM

it will happen some day i think, just it will take much more than few years, it will take atleast 25 years

and that would be amazing because bitcoin is popular now so if it will be popular enough to replace fiat, price will be pretty high, like 10 000$/bitcoin
I was a bit dubious in fact if bitcoin will replace the money. I think whether bitcoin could replace the money in the transaction process? By directly or indirectly. But I'm sure with time during the bitcoin will thrive.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1498

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:00:15 AM

I doubt it would ever happen. Bitcoin will always be an alternate way to receive money which is not regulated but fiat is regulated and legal.

Bitcoin is an avenue using which you can save money or transact but it is not backed by any real tangible asset. On the other hand, fiat is back by some real asset which is trusted by general people. So bitcoin will never be able to replace fiat.

But if you want to make it big during your retirement, start accumulating bitcoin. 

trenchflaint

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:52:47 AM

I was a bit dubious in fact if bitcoin will replace the money. I think whether bitcoin could replace the money in the transaction process? By directly or indirectly. But I'm sure with time during the bitcoin will thrive.

So far bitcoin is only use for transaction through the internet and still not used for daily commodities when the time comes that bitcoin can buy things outside the internet maybe then bitcoin can replace money.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 02:49:46 AM

I think it can happen, If bitcoin keeps growing stably and steadily then it can at sometime get enough mainstream adoption to replace money, I don't think this is moving forward this rapidly though.

Bitcoin won't make money get vanished away. Only if bitcoin digitalization takes place only the usage of money get reduced.

Now currently only a small percentage of the population is using bitcoin for transaction purpose. As said above digitalization has the ability to increase the bitcoin use but never replace money.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Kollor

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:25:36 PM

No it can't...even if bitcoin goes mainstream and been adopted by many countries, the change of replacing money is still very small..It's like dreaming of something  unbelievable to happen, that's too ambitious....It's good enough for bitcoin to be  recognized as currency..
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 01:30:20 PM

Bitcoin is also a form of money where we can convert it to fiat, but I don't think that bitcon can ever replace a fiat currency, as fiat is the basic necessity of majority of the people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: