Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:55:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen?  (Read 85988 times)
martinacar

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:41:28 PM

Maybe it can happen in next few years, there are a lot of development regarding to bitcoin and more and more shop accepting bitcoin as payment, but if you are talking about replacing the currency that wont happened

Yes, Bitcoins user every year increase and it will keep increase if many shops start accepting bitcoin for the payment. And if many people using bitcoin, i think bitcoin can replaces the money.

I also think it can replace the dollar but it would take a lot of years to achieve this, so its the question ho long it will cost the bitcoin to do this.
Plus it also depends on the halving this year and the increasing factor of stores and users.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Swisk

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:48:15 PM

What do you guys think the advent of payment systems like alipay means for the future of bitcoin? It seems like this takes away quite a bit of the advantage of bitcoin - the ease of sending money around without frictional costs by conventional banks. For me personally, that seemed like one of the definite advantages bitcoin had over fiat.
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 02:58:20 PM

It can not replace it, there are a lot of people that is still using their money and that is because they dont need any other money so that is their own choose to use their payment method.
But indeed you can see now that Bitcoin is getting more popular but that doesnt mean that it can replace the money it is maybe only possible after some 10 years.
greghansel89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:20:01 PM

Maybe it can happen in next few years, there are a lot of development regarding to bitcoin and more and more shop accepting bitcoin as payment, but if you are talking about replacing the currency that wont happened

Yes, Bitcoins user every year increase and it will keep increase if many shops start accepting bitcoin for the payment. And if many people using bitcoin, i think bitcoin can replaces the money.

I also think it can replace the dollar but it would take a lot of years to achieve this, so its the question ho long it will cost the bitcoin to do this.
Plus it also depends on the halving this year and the increasing factor of stores and users.

Well bitcoin wont be replacing dollar because dollar is strong and bitcoin is dependent on dollar for its value even though bitcoin has a high value it is still not known to other people.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 03:43:41 PM

Well bitcoin wont be replacing dollar because dollar is strong and bitcoin is dependent on dollar for its value even though bitcoin has a high value it is still not known to other people.

Yes dollar is more popular and powerful in compare to bitcoin, and dollar is widely used an accepted as a payment method, which is absent in bitcoin.
Ryananda (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:06:34 AM

Yes dollar is more popular and powerful in compare to bitcoin, and dollar is widely used an accepted as a payment method, which is absent in bitcoin.

Yes true maybe you're right. Bitcoin will not be able to replace the money that was used a long time. I think the money was to be accepted by more people than bitcoin.
armansolis593

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:42:45 AM

Yes true maybe you're right. Bitcoin will not be able to replace the money that was used a long time. I think the money was to be accepted by more people than bitcoin.

There wont be anything that can replace our money system right now not even crypto currency because our money right now can be used world wide and bitcoin is not.
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 05:53:23 AM

There wont be anything that can replace our money system right now not even crypto currency because our money right now can be used world wide and bitcoin is not.

I think you are right. Money is already exist from old time, it will be hard for bitcoin to replaces the money and i think it's imposibble. Need something big happened to make that happened.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 06:33:18 AM

Bitcoin will not replace money as you can see you know that the value is not even rising now so there are also not that many people that is now using Bitcoin.
There are also a lot of people that dont even know how Bitcoin works and that is bad so it will be not possible.
I think the ideal case for bitcoin is to be known as a virtual currency, a tool for exchange in internet environment but I am not sure if it riches to that state soon.

Bitcoin in its structure is ideal for Virtual and digital currency and we would like it in its current shape and form.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:50:59 AM

Bitcoin will not replace money as you can see you know that the value is not even rising now so there are also not that many people that is now using Bitcoin.
There are also a lot of people that dont even know how Bitcoin works and that is bad so it will be not possible.
I think the ideal case for bitcoin is to be known as a virtual currency, a tool for exchange in internet environment but I am not sure if it riches to that state soon.

Bitcoin in its structure is ideal for Virtual and digital currency and we would like it in its current shape and form.
Yeah I agree with you. The bitcoin users accepts bitcoin in its own nature. Replacing a virtual currency by real currency is also a difficult task.

diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:16:03 AM

bitcoini is digital currency so I do not think in real life and offline transactions using bitcoin to deal. so I was a little bit does not agree that bitcoin will replace the dollar in transactions offline?
I would agree if all online transactions occur in bitcoin. bitcoin digital currency is number 1 on earth
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:21:11 AM

bitcoini is digital currency so I do not think in real life and offline transactions using bitcoin to deal. so I was a little bit does not agree that bitcoin will replace the dollar in transactions offline?
I would agree if all online transactions occur in bitcoin. bitcoin digital currency is number 1 on earth

The downside of Bitcoin is indeed that offline transactions such as you do with cash money is not possible.

But then again, people are nowadays more and more using their telephones to do payments and receive money in combination with their banking application.

That means the demand for offline transactions goes down and down. It opens the door for Bitcoin since the internet will become more and more important when it comes to payments.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
jak1

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 12:48:18 PM

Honestly I do not see this happen because the fact is that the currency's from now EUR/USD are just too big to take over by the bitcoin.
I think the bitcoin can grow a lot and can achieve a lot but it will never replace the normal currency's in my eyes.

Bitcoin will be replacing  the money soon. And i am saying because of the current price of this coin and the interest and popularity it is getting these days.
greghansel89

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 01:02:58 PM

Honestly I do not see this happen because the fact is that the currency's from now EUR/USD are just too big to take over by the bitcoin.
I think the bitcoin can grow a lot and can achieve a lot but it will never replace the normal currency's in my eyes.

Bitcoin will be replacing  the money soon. And i am saying because of the current price of this coin and the interest and popularity it is getting these days.

I dont believe that will happen to replace our money,bitcoin is only used by the like of us who knows about technology and other part of the world still uses the currency they know since they were a child.
Lokfar

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 03:55:30 PM

Not going to happen. Money is there and it is needed for offline thingies. It will be there forever.
And will not be replaced by something online.
landoadog

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:07:11 PM

Not going to happen. Money is there and it is needed for offline thingies. It will be there forever.

Bitcoin is now also considered as money by other because you can buy sort of things and services with it,bitcoin will be internet money and local currency will still remain in use.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:07:23 PM

Don't forget that Bitcoin is already money as well, it's used online to make deals and trades just as using the other currencies and fiat, and could be converted simply to fiat so could be used offline as well.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:25:53 PM

yeah I agree with you over time bitcoin will have more users of course there are some users who would do business selling or the like the shops and merchants will begin to grow in the market bitcoin. I do not think with that bitocin will replace the dollar. it is an idea that is impossible.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1156

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 08:38:59 PM

Maybe looking at the present, the use of USD/ EURO, all around the world, make it seems impossible for bitcoin to make value. But this is not that will last forever. Bitcoin is increasing day by day and soon it will in a position to compete.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
co5hike

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 09:59:31 PM

Maybe looking at the present, the use of USD/ EURO, all around the world, make it seems impossible for bitcoin to make value. But this is not that will last forever. Bitcoin is increasing day by day and soon it will in a position to compete.

It will always compete and it will always give a tough competition to fiat but it doesn't promise that it can replace it in near future, bitcoin will always be used as a secondary currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: