Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:56:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen?  (Read 85988 times)
ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 01:52:34 AM

It should not that it could but I really think it should replace money, if big banks allow it though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 02:26:14 AM

Bitcoin won't be replacing any of the fiat currencies for a while, not only because of governments refusing to relinquish their control over the currencies, but also because Bitcoin isn't really made for small transactions in everyday life, it's more made for holding value (although it doesn't seem like that based on the market these days) and moving said value relatively quickly, anywhere.

In line with your statement bitcoins price value is very volatile, and it is not stable, making it hard for consumers to use as an official tender. It will only be possible if the price will be controlled by the government and will become stable. But given the nature of bitcoin and its decentralized nature it cant be controlled by the government, hence it cannot replace fiat currency.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2016, 04:29:22 AM

Never ever. I don’t see any scene that everyone is using only bitcoins in future. Yes, bitcoin will be in mainstream economy but people will be still using cash. Although digital payments would be on rising with rapid speed, people will be using fiat and bitcoins or any other crypto currency would be treated as secondary option. We can’t really forecast future, what we could do is just to predict it and I think bitcoin will be extremely popular throughout the world but still it will remain far away from even to create any threat to the existence of fiat currencies.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1129

View Profile
August 01, 2016, 04:35:40 AM

Never ever. I don’t see any scene that everyone is using only bitcoins in future. Yes, bitcoin will be in mainstream economy but people will be still using cash. Although digital payments would be on rising with rapid speed, people will be using fiat and bitcoins or any other crypto currency would be treated as secondary option. We can’t really forecast future, what we could do is just to predict it and I think bitcoin will be extremely popular throughout the world but still it will remain far away from even to create any threat to the existence of fiat currencies.

Bitcoin couldnt replace fiat even it would be the most popular crypto on the future but as  you said it would be a secondary option and it wont happen than it would replace fiat since  people all over the world would still choose fiat  rather than bitcoin on everyday living because they already use it for how many years as  early they have the knowledge on how to  use money and they only know paper currency.

Next BillG

Activity: 431

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 06:45:19 AM

Bitcoin couldnt replace fiat even it would be the most popular crypto on the future but as  you said it would be a secondary option and it wont happen than it would replace fiat since  people all over the world would still choose fiat  rather than bitcoin on everyday living because they already use it for how many years as  early they have the knowledge on how to  use money and they only know paper currency.

I think so. The fiat is a way for the governments to exploit people and make sure they are poor. It will be kept.
danfoda

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 08:02:50 AM

It could be, very possible in 10-20 years Smiley

Bitcoin couldnt replace fiat even it would be the most popular crypto on the future but as  you said it would be a secondary option and it wont happen than it would replace fiat since  people all over the world would still choose fiat  rather than bitcoin on everyday living because they already use it for how many years as  early they have the knowledge on how to  use money and they only know paper currency.

You are very wrong. You think paper money was always used? Before the money, it was gold (bank notes), before the gold it was hide, meat, rice, beans etc... as currency. Paper money is very new. And we are already in the plastic Era which is the Credit cards.
Next BillG

Activity: 431

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:48:45 AM

Bitcoin couldnt replace fiat even it would be the most popular crypto on the future but as  you said it would be a secondary option and it wont happen than it would replace fiat since  people all over the world would still choose fiat  rather than bitcoin on everyday living because they already use it for how many years as  early they have the knowledge on how to  use money and they only know paper currency.

You are very wrong. You think paper money was always used? Before the money, it was gold (bank notes), before the gold it was hide, meat, rice, beans etc... as currency. Paper money is very new. And we are already in the plastic Era which is the Credit cards.

The governments will like the paper money. They can print as many as they want and inflate away debt.
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 06:57:24 AM

Not all people are eligible for credit cards, there are many people who don't hold cards and they prefer to go with paper money as they don't have any other option for spending.
Ryananda (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 08:49:23 AM

Not all people are eligible for credit cards, there are many people who don't hold cards and they prefer to go with paper money as they don't have any other option for spending.
True to have a credit card is no age limit so that not everyone can use it. Money will continue to exist in my opinion and will not be replaced by bitcoin. Although it has now entered the digital era, but the money will not be eliminated.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:27:42 AM

In my life bitcoin have replaced the function of money for me in many things. now 20% to 40% of my financial transactions using bitcoin. ranging from paying electricity, water, phone vouchers, electronic items and daily needs. for me bitcoin has replaced real money. bitcoin is the future for me. We ll gonna see this at everywhere in near future.
Superbitzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 09:37:44 AM

and before gold there was a barter system, goods for goods, but i think in present time the importance of paper money cannot be ignore, we even cannot think about not to use paper money, so at least in the near future it  is not possible because the world is running with it, but i think bitcoin can decrease the value  of paper money to some value. because people will mostly use bitcoin in future because it will be the easiest way of using bitcoin.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:07:17 PM

In my life bitcoin have replaced the function of money for me in many things. now 20% to 40% of my financial transactions using bitcoin. ranging from paying electricity, water, phone vouchers, electronic items and daily needs. for me bitcoin has replaced real money. bitcoin is the future for me. We ll gonna see this at everywhere in near future.

For usage it's fine. But for profit making it's not fine. Also bitcoin doesn't have the ability to reached all places in the world so it can't replaced fiat even we count for decades or centuries.

If it's good for you then it's fine. Just don't cross the border.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:09:38 PM

For usage it's fine. But for profit making it's not fine. Also bitcoin doesn't have the ability to reached all places in the world so it can't replaced fiat even we count for decades or centuries.

If it's good for you then it's fine. Just don't cross the border.

That's true its difficult to expect that everyone will use bitcoin in future as people who will be not aware about bitcoin will continue to go with paper money as its easy and convenient to use.
vinci

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Be a NEMber- nem.io

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 12:44:40 PM

no, by its current state it cannot replace fiat unless someone invents another killer currency like bitcoin

★☆★ NEM CATAPULT HYPE! READY TO LAUNCH ★☆★
Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:41:26 PM

I think it's actually possible when everything's done digitally. When every transaction of every penny is done through bitcoin and nothing else. Every fiat has to be converted into bitcoin and bitcoin will surely have a stable value. It's too far fetched as of today though to confirm that this will happen in the future. If we try to convert all fiat money into bitcoin today, people will just do a protest as the majority of people don't even know what bitcoin is.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 03:24:49 PM

I think it's actually possible when everything's done digitally. When every transaction of every penny is done through bitcoin and nothing else. Every fiat has to be converted into bitcoin and bitcoin will surely have a stable value. It's too far fetched as of today though to confirm that this will happen in the future. If we try to convert all fiat money into bitcoin today, people will just do a protest as the majority of people don't even know what bitcoin is.

Yeah bitcoin is still not too popular in many corners of the world and people will prefer to use fiat as they are used to it and they are using it since long time.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:01:06 PM

Yeah bitcoin is still not too popular in many corners of the world and people will prefer to use fiat as they are used to it and they are using it since long time.
Well, I believe for the current bitcoin will not replace the money, and I quite agree if you say that it was because bitcoin is not famous enough. it may take a very long time until bitcoin would be accepted in the community and is used as a substitute for money, but I was always waiting for it
trickshot22

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:23:39 PM

well of course bitcoin still has a really long time to go before it will be able to replace all the fiat of the world, though i think it is going to be more popular
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 04:27:22 PM

Well, I believe for the current bitcoin will not replace the money, and I quite agree if you say that it was because bitcoin is not famous enough. it may take a very long time until bitcoin would be accepted in the community and is used as a substitute for money, but I was always waiting for it

not just this time, but forever bitcoin will never replace fiat. even though it is already well known will never replace fiat.
because not everyone uses the Internet.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Blackmet

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2016, 06:53:55 PM

I think no, but in future everything is possible, maybe someday many countires will accept bitcoin as legal currency and fiat become useless after this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: