Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:44:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen?  (Read 85988 times)
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:20:10 PM

Even if bitcoin gets on mainstream it will be always used as a secondary currency, the first choice of people would be definitely fiat, bitcon will always used as an second option.

I would not be so sure..

I do not know about what kind of "money" you are talking, but probably a large part of your transactions is made with "plastic money" Wink

Replacement cards Visa or MasterCard for Bitcoin is only a matter of time. Sooner or later, the classic money will exist only in the collector form.
Bitcoin will not replace the money it will be another payment method only and there are still a lot of people that dont even know what Bitcoin is and that is the problem.
But you see also of course that Bitcoin is getting more used and popular but it wont replace it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tanic

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:31:16 PM

I think it could. Maybe it will have some other name, but for sure something like that will happen in future. Technic, money do not stay in one form of it, everything develop.
This idea that bitcoin can replaces the money remind me a film about future "the time" where they payed everything with their time. Haha well, it's too fantastic. But the idea is similar to what I'm trying to say - one day paper and metallic money will disappear.
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:37:18 PM

Even if bitcoin gets on mainstream it will be always used as a secondary currency, the first choice of people would be definitely fiat, bitcon will always used as an second option.

I would not be so sure..

I do not know about what kind of "money" you are talking, but probably a large part of your transactions is made with "plastic money" Wink

Replacement cards Visa or MasterCard for Bitcoin is only a matter of time. Sooner or later, the classic money will exist only in the collector form.
Bitcoin will not replace the money it will be another payment method only and there are still a lot of people that dont even know what Bitcoin is and that is the problem.
But you see also of course that Bitcoin is getting more used and popular but it wont replace it.

Paper money holds the monopoly of having maximum number of users worldwide, comparatively bitcoin is too small and even in future if bitcoin becomes more popular, paper money will still keep ruling the world.
BitcoinLoan

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 06:52:42 PM

I would not be so sure..

There probably gonna stay a little % of market for paper money, but may happen that the greater part of them will be a savings of older generations - just accustomed to this type of money or technology opponents.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:17:59 PM

This could happen but I honestly do not see this happen to be honest, the bitcoin is too small and the dollar way too big.
The dollar is also way more popular and stockings are depending on it too.
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:46:58 PM

This could happen but I honestly do not see this happen to be honest, the bitcoin is too small and the dollar way too big.
The dollar is also way more popular and stockings are depending on it too.

Its not only about dollar its about all the fiat currency across the globe, dollar is not that powerful if you compare it with the value of GCC countries, dollar is almost shit in front of them when it comes to value.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:06:35 PM

If it will happen and bitcoin replace money, what we will got? Money was replaced by other money? Bitcoin better to compete with other currency like dollar to become better one day.

expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:28:23 PM

Well, I think bitcoin cannot become real money unless it has some structural changes in its mechanism.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:33:28 AM

Well, I think bitcoin cannot become real money unless it has some structural changes in its mechanism.

Im confused about the real money ,what is bitcoin? As i know its already digital money ,that said it can become fiat money,thats what i suppose you trying to say bitcoin being printed ,anyway no bitcoin wont replace its just another option to pay as well another currencie ,a virtual currency.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:38:02 AM

i don't think bitcoin will ever replace fiat currencies. The powers at b e would 1005 not allow for that to happen. the Us dollar will remain the most traded currency in the world. In addition, the folks at the federal Reserve are making a killing off thew interest the US taxpayer pays in income tax.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 12:44:13 AM

i don't think bitcoin will ever replace fiat currencies. The powers at b e would 1005 not allow for that to happen. the Us dollar will remain the most traded currency in the world. In addition, the folks at the federal Reserve are making a killing off thew interest the US taxpayer pays in income tax.

yeah me to i dont think it will happen mostly majority of people will select physical money than a digital money, for the thought that bitcoin will replace money nah it is very hard to implement bitcoin has many trials,acceptance to be prove with and bitcoin is not known by many people in outside world, although bitcoin is slowly rising and thats good for us users it cannot happen to replace real money because main reason is government wont truly allow it.

Dr.Famous

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 12:56:29 AM

Is it possible that the next few years means of exchange for transactions money initially turned into bitcoin?
I don't think so, Every item has its own value. There comes new product in the market everyday better than the previous one's but we still use those which are preferable. Like, you just said some people accept Bitcoins so unfortunately all the services would not be able to proceed using Bitcoins.

btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:35:21 AM

Absolutely never bitcoin can never replace the value of fiat. Bitcoin might become the biggest digital currency but it will never replace fiat. Many people owing bitcoins need to know this. As long as bitcoin is priced in $'s fiat will always be dominant over it.
Ryananda (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:51:02 AM

Absolutely never bitcoin can never replace the value of fiat. Bitcoin might become the biggest digital currency but it will never replace fiat. Many people owing bitcoins need to know this. As long as bitcoin is priced in $'s fiat will always be dominant over it.
Yes absolutely right bitcoin will not replace the money. Bitcoin now still use the money to determine the price. It is highly unlikely the money disappeared because the money is needed by a country.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:56:56 AM

For now, I'm guess it's impossible since some country still forbid bitcoin usage. But as I can see bitcoin development, bitcoin may be attract by large investor on the future since it become more reliable and advance currency

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 01:57:53 AM

Bitcoin may not replace the fiat money but might just compete well with paypal and the rest of the payment method that connects the banks to online transactions. I'm beginning not to use my paypal account due to bitcoin. And i think the rest of us too.

Ryananda (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:46:56 AM

Bitcoin may not replace the fiat money but might just compete well with paypal and the rest of the payment method that connects the banks to online transactions. I'm beginning not to use my paypal account due to bitcoin. And i think the rest of us too.
Exactly bitcoin will not compete with the banks or the money because it was so different. Bitcoin only compete with like paypal and others. So bitcoin can not replace the money.
sk00t3r

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 02:53:30 PM

No it will never happen.As you've mentioned about stores accepting bitcoins that is fine,we can even expect big players like Amazon or Ebay to star accepting bitcoins as an alternate paying method but they won't completely replace the fiat.The government will never allow that for obvious reasons.
But how about in some years in the future when people over the world using bitcoin then paper money will really left by people.
the answer is really clear bitcoin will be main payment proceccor, but the chance of this thing to be happening is so small while government trying to banned bitcoin but beside of it all there's a chance

Yeah I think it replace, because of it is similar to Money, people work for it and trying to grow up by bitcoin business. So there is no any issue to think that, "it is not like money". While it is payment processor then should not be to any one- it is nothing like money. We got lots/ so many kind of money but bitcoin is one of the best of them .
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:03:23 PM

No it will never happen.As you've mentioned about stores accepting bitcoins that is fine,we can even expect big players like Amazon or Ebay to star accepting bitcoins as an alternate paying method but they won't completely replace the fiat.The government will never allow that for obvious reasons.
But how about in some years in the future when people over the world using bitcoin then paper money will really left by people.
the answer is really clear bitcoin will be main payment proceccor, but the chance of this thing to be happening is so small while government trying to banned bitcoin but beside of it all there's a chance

Yeah I think it replace, because of it is similar to Money, people work for it and trying to grow up by bitcoin business. So there is no any issue to think that, "it is not like money". While it is payment processor then should not be to any one- it is nothing like money. We got lots/ so many kind of money but bitcoin is one of the best of them .
Bitcoin is kind of like money, and technically it is money, it just expands upon the current downfalls of the current financial system and makes everything better (to an extent). Bitcoin can't replace money because each one has their better aspects respectively. Be it either transaction speed of value retention, each one has something better than the other, and both must find a way to co-exist.
gerXhonza

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 03:16:24 PM

It will never happen, it is not possible practically as there are many people who are earning in paper money and also they spend with it so the users of paper money will always be there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: