Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:18:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen?  (Read 85988 times)
Winoc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:49:50 AM

I dont think it could happen.We use bitcoin to convert it into fiat so that it could be usable in any country.Bitcoin is a source to earn fiat but it cannot take place of fiat.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:52:19 AM

I dont think it could happen.We use bitcoin to convert it into fiat so that it could be usable in any country.Bitcoin is a source to earn fiat but it cannot take place of fiat.

Why not? That's my question to you.

Bitcoin has better fundamentals than fiat. For example, fiat is always inflationary and bitcoin has a stable currency supply.

Also fiat is controlled by the government, and bitcoin is mostly decentralised. Bitcoin will replace fiat.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:15:08 AM

Bitcoin has better fundamentals than fiat. For example, fiat is always inflationary and bitcoin has a stable currency supply.

Also fiat is controlled by the government, and bitcoin is mostly decentralised. Bitcoin will replace fiat.

bitcoin will never be able to replace fiat money. bitcoin is currently still used by certain people.
bitcoin might be the alternative currency of the world, but not to replace fiat.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:36:35 AM

It is possible but it is not going to happen. It will never happen that there will only be one currency in the whole world. It can be possible for Bitcoin to take over one currency of one country.
Winoc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 07:41:13 AM

Bitcoin enables fraud and other criminal activities..This is absolutely the single most salient feature of Bitcoin’s anonymity.Conventional currencies are indeed subject to laundering and counterfeit.Once you make a transaction through bitcoin you cannot reverse it and you can loose a lot of money if you send your bits to an illegal person..Bitcoins are vulnerable to hackers if you dont store it in a safe wallet but conventional currencies are not...Bitcoin's price is always fluctuating so you can loose your hard earned money if bitcoin's price goes down.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:57:15 AM

It is possible but the chance is below zero%, so this is not going to happen. In every country you have a different currency so for Bitcoin to take over all those currencies is just impossible to do. Maybe they can take over one currency of one country.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:42:02 AM

Bitcoin will never replace fiat currency.
The governments would never allow it.
Ask Muammar Gaddafi what happens if you try to go against the US dollar. You can't because hes dead.
If bitcoin gets any more popular, don't be surprised when some bank or government really starts trying to replace/ discredit/ control it.

SAMKUSH

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:03:00 AM

the fact that bitcoin is irreversible and to some degree un-traceable makes it unworthy to replace fiat money as bitcoin is still a young currency  to replace actual notes and coins
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:11:09 AM

the fact that bitcoin is irreversible and to some degree un-traceable makes it unworthy to replace fiat money as bitcoin is still a young currency  to replace actual notes and coins

i honestly don't even want bitcoin to replace any kind of fiat currencies. i want it to stay like it is now, an alternative. people now have the option to choose between several currencies which is a great thing. where else do you find this freedom?  Wink
tampazeus

Activity: 924

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:31:19 AM

i honestly don't even want bitcoin to replace any kind of fiat currencies. i want it to stay like it is now, an alternative. people now have the option to choose between several currencies which is a great thing. where else do you find this freedom?  Wink

Exactly, people have freedom to use according to their convenience as many are comfortable using fiat will continue to use it and one who likes bitcoin will use only bitcoin.
FabioDelcatto

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:06:42 PM

I don't think this is ever going to happen. Governments will continue to issue fiat, maybe we'll have one fiat for the entire world some time in the future, but I believe Bitcoin will continue to serve a niche.

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, even if it hits the mainstream there would be many people who will prefer to use fiat currency.
It will not replace it but it will be the new and future payment method and that is because you already can see now that there are a lot of stores that is accepting Bitcoin now and that is nice.
But you have to make it still more popular and that is important otherwise people will not know about it.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:15:00 PM

I don't think this is ever going to happen. Governments will continue to issue fiat, maybe we'll have one fiat for the entire world some time in the future, but I believe Bitcoin will continue to serve a niche.

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, even if it hits the mainstream there would be many people who will prefer to use fiat currency.
It will not replace it but it will be the new and future payment method and that is because you already can see now that there are a lot of stores that is accepting Bitcoin now and that is nice.
But you have to make it still more popular and that is important otherwise people will not know about it.

Bitcoin can be more popular in future if it is promoted at highest level  and that will surely draw attention of many people who have remained away from bitcoin.
Oralmat

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 02:49:37 PM

It could replace online currency though; I prefer not to use a credit card at all and bitcoin is the perfect choice to avoid that; it’s annoying to pay the bank credit all the time just because you withdrew a certain amount of money from your card; I prefer a straight and simple transaction with no hidden fees.  Wink
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:03:00 PM

It could replace online currency though; I prefer not to use a credit card at all and bitcoin is the perfect choice to avoid that; it’s annoying to pay the bank credit all the time just because you withdrew a certain amount of money from your card; I prefer a straight and simple transaction with no hidden fees.  Wink

There is no hidden charges in credit card if you pay your bills regularly, so I don't think there is any issue in using credit card, as I think that is the best way for shopping and holding bitcoin for future.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:26:16 PM

But to exchange Bitcoin to fiat money at exchanges or ATM's you need to pay fees. Also I have compared Bitcoin debit cards to regular bank debit cards and if you regularly use your Bitcoin debit card to pay for things every day like groceries, gas, coffee etc. you will pay much more in fees than your bank debit card. And it's not true that bank cards have hidden fees you can see the fee structure because it's transparent for every bank just visit your bank website  Wink

SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1101

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 04:28:24 PM

I don't think that is possible in future as paper money is the basic necessity of majority of  people and they will continue to use it in future too.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:27:22 PM

There is a possibility that this will happen although it will be very small, these days the normal currency's are still way bigger.
I honestly believe in it but it will take a lot of years to achieve this.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 05:29:10 PM

There is a possibility that this will happen although it will be very small, these days the normal currency's are still way bigger.
I honestly believe in it but it will take a lot of years to achieve this.

I think we will be not alive by that time when bitcoin will actually take place of paper money, but I don't see it happening till I am alive and I am pretty sure about it.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:12:43 PM

So money should change money and become new, global money, lol. It will not happen anyway cause it's even looks like a nonsense thing.  Need to think twice before replacing money on money.

fkvidar

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 06:29:42 PM

So money should change money and become new, global money, lol. It will not happen anyway cause it's even looks like a nonsense thing.  Need to think twice before replacing money on money.

Paper money will always rule the world, there is no digital currency that can replace paper money, as majority of people are dependent on it for living.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: