Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:21:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen?  (Read 85988 times)
Olaf

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 11:02:49 PM

No this would never happen, real money has just been around for to long so being replaced is not a option. But Bitcoin does not need to Replace money in order to become big, it can do it on its own.

I dont think it would replace right off the bat.

But I think it will eventually replace it down the road, since the traditional forms like the bitcoin debit card allows those who dont know bitcoin much still get in touch with bitcoin.

And then eventually killing the fiat form to another world reserve currency maybe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:36:30 AM

Impossible for bitcoin cause if you will ask somebody about bitcoin, 50% wil answer no. Other 50% will answer yes, but not everybody want to change current money.
therefore bitcoin should be popular beforehand to be able to replace the dollar at least could be the currency most widely used if bitcoin not popular or mainstream would be very difficult for bitcoin to replace the dollar.
examples Current of bitcoin is not too popular. bitcoin certainly not proportional to the strength of the dollar
Yeah that's right, bitcoin is used only By few people say 15 to 20 percent, but dollar is so popular and known to all, replacing that is not so easy, if more people adopt bitcoin then it can be accepted as a popular payment system in every countries but could never happen.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:40:28 AM

Impossible for bitcoin cause if you will ask somebody about bitcoin, 50% wil answer no. Other 50% will answer yes, but not everybody want to change current money.
therefore bitcoin should be popular beforehand to be able to replace the dollar at least could be the currency most widely used if bitcoin not popular or mainstream would be very difficult for bitcoin to replace the dollar.
examples Current of bitcoin is not too popular. bitcoin certainly not proportional to the strength of the dollar
Yeah that's right, bitcoin is used only By few people say 15 to 20 percent, but dollar is so popular and known to all, replacing that is not so easy, if more people adopt bitcoin then it can be accepted as a popular payment system in every countries but could never happen.
I doubt that bitcoin is used by 15-20% of the world's population, I assume it is something more like 1-3% of the world's population uses it, and maybe not even that much. It could be more, but based on the price I doubt there is a massive following right now.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2016, 02:32:36 PM

I doubt that bitcoin is used by 15-20% of the world's population, I assume it is something more like 1-3% of the world's population uses it, and maybe not even that much. It could be more, but based on the price I doubt there is a massive following right now.

Yes very impossible it cannot replace the real physical money maybe those who think that is addicted more to bitcoin and he keeps thinking on bitcoib. Money is origanated in his country maker law and securities have been filed with it so real money cannot be easily down by digital money. In bitcoin it is still digital money we never knows what might happen for this in the future so let stick to paper money and make btc as investment money only.

Adrayrd

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:59:02 PM

The chance is really small but I know what you think you think that because you see already know that Bitcoin is becoming more popular and that can be nice of course.
But there will be a lot of people that is still using their money and that is quite important for them.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 03:03:14 PM

No I do not think this can happen because the fact is still that the normal currency's are still way too big to get replaced by the bitcoin.
Maybe it could happen at little country's that not have a stable currency, with that kind if country's it could be reachable but for the normal currency's its pretty far, not gonna happen in the upcoming 10 years.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1175

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 05:36:10 AM

No I do not think this can happen because the fact is still that the normal currency's are still way too big to get replaced by the bitcoin.
Maybe it could happen at little country's that not have a stable currency, with that kind if country's it could be reachable but for the normal currency's its pretty far, not gonna happen in the upcoming 10 years.

No it's not gonna happen...Currency in a country is their pride.. They won't let anyone replaces their currency except if they were colonized by other country, and bitcoin is the best as online currency and not in real life and in places with no internet..
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:20:36 PM

No this would never happen, real money has just been around for to long so being replaced is not a option. But Bitcoin does not need to Replace money in order to become big, it can do it on its own.
For many reasons it will not to replace money but it can decrease usage of money worldwide.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:30:38 PM

For many reasons it will not to replace money but it can decrease usage of money worldwide.

Exactly and the users of fiat are more in compare to bitcoin and that difference will continue to follow even in future even if bitcoin gets on mainstream, money will always be ruling the world.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 09:46:39 PM

I do not think this is gonna happen but it maybe could happen in about 20 years or something.
Right now its very far from it but this can of course change if the bitcoin grows a lot and also be globally known and used, the same rule applies for stores.
jamesl22

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 10:16:13 PM

I do not think this is gonna happen but it maybe could happen in about 20 years or something.
Right now its very far from it but this can of course change if the bitcoin grows a lot and also be globally known and used, the same rule applies for stores.

Bitcoin will be widely used and will be accepted as a currency in future but only as a secondary currency, ifat money will always enjoy and hold the crown of being a primary currency.
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 03:30:34 AM

I can't really understand what you mean by repacing money. Bitcoin is money, dollar is money too so if we will swap bitcoin and dollar, we will swap money and money, am i right? Grin

arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2016, 08:41:25 AM

I can't really understand what you mean by repacing money. Bitcoin is money, dollar is money too so if we will swap bitcoin and dollar, we will swap money and money, am i right? Grin

I think he means that bitcoin can replace the physical money. My thoughs of that is it will never ever happen because physical money is implemented of government and many people prefferw physical money where they can touch and feel than digital money that is floating in online world. It is possible to be hack. And also physical money is most prefered by al of business establishments and i think if they invest in digital money is very risky for them to lose.

Altcoinsupporter

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:12:26 PM

I think he means that bitcoin can replace the physical money. My thoughs of that is it will never ever happen because physical money is implemented of government and many people prefferw physical money where they can touch and feel than digital money that is floating in online world. It is possible to be hack. And also physical money is most prefered by al of business establishments and i think if they invest in digital money is very risky for them to lose.
Bitcoin is indeed, money but I think he means that if it can replace dollar or something and my answer is no, as you can see you see that Bitcoin is not everywhere acceptable.
If Bitcoin is everywhere acceptable than you can talk about replacing but you cant talk now around this time about replacing.

But you see indeed that Bitcoin is getting more and more popular and that is nice.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 01:30:34 PM

Bitcoin is indeed, money but I think he means that if it can replace dollar or something and my answer is no, as you can see you see that Bitcoin is not everywhere acceptable.
If Bitcoin is everywhere acceptable than you can talk about replacing but you cant talk now around this time about replacing.

But you see indeed that Bitcoin is getting more and more popular and that is nice.

I think even if its used everywhere its still not possible because all other currency's are much bigger than the bitcoin.
Maybe if the bitcoin will get a lot more media attention it maybe is possible but banks will most likely try to stop this with their powers..
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 11:02:31 PM

Bitcoin will be widely used and will be accepted as a currency in future but only as a secondary currency, ifat money will always enjoy and hold the crown of being a primary currency.
The only possibility for happening other things is the time that a country consider bitcoin as its own currency although I know there is a weak probability.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:57:18 PM

The only possibility for happening other things is the time that a country consider bitcoin as its own currency although I know there is a weak probability.

Yeah well Said the probability is very low to get bitcoin evolve as a country's own currency. In future when the adoption increases high bitcoin will be used as an alternate currency in future.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 03:53:08 PM

Here replacement is not the value. In the place of using dollar or other currencies using bitcoin is the replacement. We can see such a change only if adoption takes place to at least 50% of world population.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 04:10:18 PM

It is not easy to happen because bitcoin is a virtual currency for online use while fiat is offline currency which is much convenient for offline use so people will make their way difficult to adopt online currency for their offline use.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 04:56:24 PM

Nope it is impossible to accept bitcoin as a currency in any country. Bitcoin is digital currency, to be honest let it be in its own way, things when changes may lose its value, I don't want bitcoin to be one among them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: