Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:50:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin replaces the money? Could happen?  (Read 85988 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 07:42:11 PM

I don't think that is possible in future as paper money is the basic necessity of majority of  people and they will continue to use it in future too.
Fiat will exist as long as the governments want it to last. Nothing can change that, even not Bitcoin.

We have to accept it as there is no point in believing Bitcoin will ever replace fiat money.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:32:53 PM

There is no chance that this will happen the dollar is too big to take over in my opinion and the dollar will also always be bigger than it in my eyes.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:48:18 PM

I don't think that is possible in future as paper money is the basic necessity of majority of  people and they will continue to use it in future too.
I think the so-called money is not just about money but a whole ie fiat paper? is it possible bitcoin could replace fiat? I myself would very much doubt if paper money could be replaced Oleg digital money, especially fiat replaced by bitcoin?
it was a very strange thing ?
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:18:57 PM

Now in some places to buy goods directly can use bitcoin, how to conduct transactions directly using bitcoin? Because I place no purchases using bitcoin.

Nowadays has developed, which initially buy goods directly can only be used with the currency and credit cards, and can now use bitcoin although only in some places. Is it possible that the next few years means of exchange for transactions money initially turned into bitcoin?

What do you think about this?
I think that it is not going to happen because there are so much different currencies in the world. almost every country has there own currency. It is possible for Bitcoin to take over one currency of on country but not all of them.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:20:52 PM

Now in some places to buy goods directly can use bitcoin, how to conduct transactions directly using bitcoin? Because I place no purchases using bitcoin.

Nowadays has developed, which initially buy goods directly can only be used with the currency and credit cards, and can now use bitcoin although only in some places. Is it possible that the next few years means of exchange for transactions money initially turned into bitcoin?

I think that it is not going to happen because there are so much different currencies in the world. almost every country has there own currency. It is possible for Bitcoin to take over one currency of on country but not all of them.

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, it can never become a primary currency as there are people who will prefer to use fiat currency.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:30:36 PM

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, it can never become a primary currency as there are people who will prefer to use fiat currency.

yeah this will never happen. fiat currencies always be primary and bitcoin only cryptocurrency. but bitcoin could become an alternative currency for the entire world in the future
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:17:35 PM

There is no chance that this will happen the dollar is too big to take over in my opinion and the dollar will also always be bigger than it in my eyes.
so true. if bitcoin evolve, so will the dollar.
I'm not sure that can replace the dollar despite bitcoin bitcoin has that potential. the dollar is always better than the bitcoin and other currencies, so maybe bitcoin could only card-shaped someday, and is used as an alternative payment, such as credit cards that can be done today

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 04:28:53 PM

No it will never happen.As you've mentioned about stores accepting bitcoins that is fine,we can even expect big players like Amazon or Ebay to star accepting bitcoins as an alternate paying method but they won't completely replace the fiat.The government will never allow that for obvious reasons.
But how about in some years in the future when people over the world using bitcoin then paper money will really left by people.
the answer is really clear bitcoin will be main payment proceccor, but the chance of this thing to be happening is so small while government trying to banned bitcoin but beside of it all there's a chance

Nice answer BTC will be main payment processor but it will take time although others currency value is below of bitcoin. If other currency replaces the money bitcoin should but its not like paper money.

mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 04:32:01 PM

I'm not sure that can replace the dollar despite bitcoin bitcoin has that potential. the dollar is always better than the bitcoin and other currencies, so maybe bitcoin could only card-shaped someday, and is used as an alternative payment, such as credit cards that can be done today

Exactly, and I think paper money will be always used by the people around the world in future even if the bitcoin hits the mainstream, fiat will be powerful too in future.
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:58:27 AM

There is a possibility that this will happen although it will be very small, these days the normal currency's are still way bigger.
I honestly believe in it but it will take a lot of years to achieve this.
This is never going to happen ever, there or so many different currencies in the world and for Bitcoin to take over everything is just not happening.
Maybe they can take over some currencies but even that is a big task.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 12:58:53 PM

Realistically it is unlikely - even in the best case scenario - that Bitcoin will ever fully replace all other forms of money. Though it's possible that it gains a dominant market share in the currency sector.

If you consider the usage of other new inventions versus their predecessor technologies you will notice that old technologies are never replaced entirely. You can still find places where you can ride on a horse buggy even though the automobile is available since more than 100 years.

When it comes to money, I think there will always be some use cases and/or regions where physical cash will remain the preferred method of payment. However that doesn't mean that Bitcoin can't be a huge success.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Ryananda (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 02:08:37 AM

Exactly, and I think paper money will be always used by the people around the world in future even if the bitcoin hits the mainstream, fiat will be powerful too in future.
Yeah maybe you're right, fiat will be strengthened as the development time. And it makes bitcoin could not compete with the money because the money is a necessity that must exist in every person.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 07:04:27 AM

There is a possibility that this will happen although it will be very small, these days the normal currency's are still way bigger.
I honestly believe in it but it will take a lot of years to achieve this.
This is never going to happen ever, there or so many different currencies in the world and for Bitcoin to take over everything is just not happening.
Maybe they can take over some currencies but even that is a big task.

Yeah thats not gonna happen thats a big dream for a crypto currency to fulfill i cant really imagine how could digital money  can replace real physical money while bitcoins is anonymous it has no rule or law implemented about it and government wont allow someone will take over their physical money because it is their symbol of economic strength and bitcoin cannot give it to them, bitcoin really is not good idea to invest in the long run because we never knew what will happen to it in the future.

Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 07:28:37 AM

I don't think this is ever going to happen. Governments will continue to issue fiat, maybe we'll have one fiat for the entire world some time in the future, but I believe Bitcoin will continue to serve a niche.

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, even if it hits the mainstream there would be many people who will prefer to use fiat currency.
It will not replace it but it will be the new and future payment method and that is because you already can see now that there are a lot of stores that is accepting Bitcoin now and that is nice.
But you have to make it still more popular and that is important otherwise people will not know about it.

It could replace online currency though; I prefer not to use a credit card at all and bitcoin is the perfect choice to avoid that; it’s annoying to pay the bank credit all the time just because you withdrew a certain amount of money from your card; I prefer a straight and simple transaction with no hidden fees.  Wink

There is no hidden charges in credit card if you pay your bills regularly, so I don't think there is any issue in using credit card, as I think that is the best way for shopping and holding bitcoin for future.
It will not replace the money and Bitcoin will be just another kind of money and that is really nice because more people will also get to know about it so that is nice.
But it has also to be more worth soon in the future so we can have huge profit with it and that is perfect.
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:20:35 PM

I don't think this is ever going to happen. Governments will continue to issue fiat, maybe we'll have one fiat for the entire world some time in the future, but I believe Bitcoin will continue to serve a niche.

Bitcoin will always be used as an alternate currency, even if it hits the mainstream there would be many people who will prefer to use fiat currency.

I think we could use bitcoin as a currency in our country; watching my manager have stress because of the local currency rates fluctuating up and down really is concerning because we buy goods from our suppliers from overseas. Bitcoin could help solve the problem. This is the only currency which has the tendency to spread worldwide without any issues  Wink
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 09:00:50 PM

No I do not think this is gonna happen, other currency's are just way to big compared with other currency's in my eyes.
This is just not possible and unrealistic.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 09:28:59 PM

No I do not think this is gonna happen, other currency's are just way to big compared with other currency's in my eyes.

Bitcoin will be bigger in future for sure, but it don't hold that power to replace or disappear paper money, as paper money is still more popular everywhere.
Ryananda (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:06:51 AM

Bitcoin will be bigger in future for sure, but it don't hold that power to replace or disappear paper money, as paper money is still more popular everywhere.
Yes probably right because bitcoin and money are very different and are not interconnected. Although bitcoin will be very advanced and developed in the future but will not affect any of that money.
pearl11

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 02:39:03 AM

I think it will not happen, the popularity of paper money has pass through many centuries, and no other currency will ever replace it.
Yes bitcoin is popular right now, but is it the base that we will replace our own paper money? 
Ryananda (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 07:44:33 AM

I think it will not happen, the popularity of paper money has pass through many centuries, and no other currency will ever replace it.
Yes bitcoin is popular right now, but is it the base that we will replace our own paper money? 
Yes it looks like bitcoin will not be able to replace the money for his own bitcoin has no form. Embodiment of a medium of exchange is money and digital currency bitcoin is and can only be used on the internet only.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: