Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:36:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you like fly to rebrand to "Las Vegas" coin, and do a swap and add masternodes, POS would be 25%, Min stake time 1 day. Pow for 20,000 blocks, mining quark. Reward .5 "Las Vegas" per block.
Yes, all of the above as stated.
Yes, I approve all of the above, but POS to be 50%
Yes, I would like all of the above but NO POW, POS only.
Yes, I would like all of the above , but I would like 2 "Las Vegas coins" for 1 fly.
Yes, but I want 50% POS and 4 "Las Vegas" coins to for 1 fly coin.
Yes, but I want 4 "Las Vegas" coins for 1 fly coin. POS to be 25%.
NO, do nothing. Continue to just develop fly.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FLY COIN ANN.Swapping to "Las Vegas"coin,+Masternodes,Darksend,Stealth, instantX  (Read 186119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Rexxxem

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 05:51:42 AM

so im having the same non launching wallet problem. i have my wallet.dat though. blockchain stopped downloading so i deleted everything and now it wont load lol

Even though i was able to recover my coins and its now working, i still couldnt tell you how to go about fixing it. I'm sure that there will be a resolution soon though.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:01:11 AM

so im having the same non launching wallet problem. i have my wallet.dat though. blockchain stopped downloading so i deleted everything and now it wont load lol

PRESS CTRL  ALT  DEL  at the same time, to Start Task Manager
Click the Applications Tab and if you see Flycoin listed there , click on it and then click END TASK ,
Then click the Processes Tab and look thru it , if you see Flycoin listed there , click on it and then click END PROCESS,

Then try and start Flycoin wallet.

Cool
YourMom420

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:09:10 AM

nope still crashing
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:14:28 AM

nope still crashing

Close Wallet,
Make a backup of your wallet.dat and rename the current wallet.dat wallet.old

Then restart the wallet (fly will create a new wallet.dat) and see if it loads normally.
If so your wallet.dat is corrupted.

Cool

YourMom420

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 06:56:00 AM

yup started like normal. uugh...atleast it was only 1.5 fly.....held it since launch lol
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:27:19 AM

yup started like normal. uugh...atleast it was only 1.5 fly.....held it since launch lol

No Worries,
be sure you made the 1st backup mentioned.

Sync the Fly wallet , once the Flywallet is synced.
Close Fly wallet, zap the empty wallet.dat,

rename the wallet.old back to wallet.dat  (be sure to have a backup of it)

start flywallet with the -salvagewallet  on the end,

let it run to see if it can fix the corruption.  Wink

Cool
YourMom420

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:34:24 AM

Will do and let you know as soon as I'm home from work tomorrow. Passing out at the computer lol
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 07:39:22 AM

some ideas on making backups, ...
first- make one right there in the roaming folder. create a new folder, copy the .dat into it. it may come in handy, but since it's on the 'c' drive, don't ever count on it being there when you need it.
 if you have only one hdd on your p00tr, consider these options
  - if there is a 'backup/restore' partition with some free space and you can access it, you can encrypt some space there and use it, but remember that if the physical drive dies, so does your backup.                                 doing this will give you a local copy that's safe from typical attacks
  -create a mult - session CD or DVD (do not 'finalize' the disc)
  - those little SD cards that come with digital cameras and such can be useful here if you have a card reader/writer
  - flash sticks work well!
  - if you have a LAN and other computers in the house, make a small encrypted space on one or a few of them
  - hdd docks are fairly inexpensive and let you plug n play internal style hdds
  - export your privkey to paper/metal/stone, etc. and/or encrypted/cold text or even .jpeg, .png ... file
      -use winrar or 7zip to create a password protected archive
  - create an encrypted vhd on your computer, archive your .dats on it, copy it to your cell phone's flash card if you have no other option. always use strong password
  - format that old dell/hp dinosaur and install ubuntu, encrypt the /home drive (an installation option) and have fun learning to use a safe and secure (and  free) OS

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 02:37:29 PM

What do you guys think about having a backup button to our server. Where you just click it once, and everyday it will send a backup to our server automatically, and will keep multiple copies of your wallet. Its actually safer than a cloud server as we dont actually have your funds, and your wallet will be encrypted or it should be. Just an idea. If many will use it, we will add it as an option for those that want it to turn it on. With this option we can make it add multiple wallet.dat files in your flycoin/roaming folder locally too or point it to an external device. Let me know if you want this.
Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 03:26:20 PM

What do you guys think about having a backup button to our server. Where you just click it once, and everyday it will send a backup to our server automatically, and will keep multiple copies of your wallet. Its actually safer than a cloud server as we dont actually have your funds, and your wallet will be encrypted or it should be. Just an idea. If many will use it, we will add it as an option for those that want it to turn it on. With this option we can make it add multiple wallet.dat files in your flycoin/roaming folder locally too or point it to an external device. Let me know if you want this.
Vegas

I think an 'auto-backup' feature, similar to what TX and DASH wallets have would be an excellent idea. I am not sure if sending the info to a central server is too cool tho. That idea is best left to the individual to decide, and protecting our wallets is up to us, not Team FLY. You guys have enough going on without taking on another responsibility. Getting the no-fee withdraw wallet is being tough enough on your Team, but 'auto-backup' would be cool because so many of us forget to do that.

Keep up with the ideas Team FLY,

CapnBDL
     Cool

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 03:34:08 PM

Vegas

Vegas, damn...you are really my man...I looooooove you...lool...

His brain is really working more than 10 ppl in slack together! I really thought to know every move on Fly, but he has so many good ideas...awesome...

Now...I fully agree with you. An autobackup would be the right move in this heavy technical stuff of cryptoworld.

The autobackup would be fully encrypted?
binmon

Activity: 289

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:34:51 PM

Vegas

I think an 'auto-backup' feature, similar to what TX and DASH wallets have would be an excellent idea. I am not sure if sending the info to a central server is too cool tho. That idea is best left to the individual to decide, and protecting our wallets is up to us, not Team FLY. You guys have enough going on without taking on another responsibility. Getting the no-fee withdraw wallet is being tough enough on your Team, but 'auto-backup' would be cool because so many of us forget to do that.

CapnBDL
     Cool

I pretty much agree; also, if i understand wallets correctly, i only need to back up my wallet once... not every day, right?  I mean if i create a backup on the day i install a new wallet, it is good forever, cuz the info is in the blockchain, my wallet just gives me access to it... ...  so put a backup in my local "safe deposit box" and good to go, don't need to back it up like daily...  I could install my old wallet, let it re-sync, and "voila", there's my current wallet again.
Now, i hope that's all true, lol   If not, i better get enlightened, cuz that's what I do!

Come FLY with me!     https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1316737.0
Hoarding:    ◆ Amber ◆        ◆ DMD ◆        ◆ FLY ◆       🚀 XDE2 🚀
CapnBDL

Activity: 1064
Merit: 500

MOBU

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 03:52:27 PM

Vegas

CapnBDL
     Cool

I pretty much agree; also, if i understand wallets correctly, i only need to back up my wallet once... not every day, right?  I mean if i create a backup on the day i install a new wallet, it is good forever, cuz the info is in the blockchain, my wallet just gives me access to it... ...  so put a backup in my local "safe deposit box" and good to go, don't need to back it up like daily...  I could install my old wallet, let it re-sync, and "voila", there's my current wallet again.
Now, i hope that's all true, lol   If not, i better get enlightened, cuz that's what I do!

That is almost true. But that backup doesn't take into account things like you added a new address/es and such. So, personally, I backup once a month. Some ppl do more often, but, for sure, you would want to do a backup if you send coins out, to catch any new addresses your wallet may create with returned change, etc. Again, it is all up to you to protect yourself. The newer the backup, done to an off-line device (USBstick, Mem card, Another computer, etc), the better the chance of retrieving a lost full, up-to-date wallet.dat.

▄██▄
████▄    ▄██████▄    ▄████
██████▄ ▀████████▀ ▄██████
▐███████▄ ▀████▀ ▄███████▌
▐█████████▄ ▀▀ ▄█████████▌
 ████ ▀█████▄▄█████▀ ████
 ████ ▄ ▀████████▀ ▄ ████
 ▐███ ██▄ ▀████▀ ▄██ ███▌
 ▐███ ████▄ ▀▀ ▄████ ███▌
  ███ ██████▄▄██████ ███
  ███ ██████████████ ███
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
  ▐██ ██████████████ ██▌
   ██ ██████████████ ██
       ▀██████████▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
.M O B U.███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   The Investment Bank of the Future  
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
█▀

█▄
Facebook Medium
Whitepaper ANN
LinkedIn    Reddit
▀█

▄█

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████ ▀███████▀    ▀██████
 █████▌  ▀▀███        ▄█████
▐██████▄             ▐██████▌
▐█████▄               ██████▌
▐███████▄            ███████▌
 ███████▄          ▄████████
  ████████       ▄█████████
   █████▀   ▄▄▄███████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
 █████     ▄▄          █████
▐█████     ████▄▄      █████▌
▐█████     ████████    █████▌
▐█████     ████▀▀      █████▌
 █████     ▀▀          █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
   ███████████████████████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
      ▄███████████████▄
    ▄███████████████████▄
   ███████████████████████
  ████████████████▀▀▀ ▐████
 ███████████▀▀▀  ▄█▀  ██████
▐█████▀▀▀      ▄█▀    ██████▌
▐███▄▄▄    ▄▄██▀     ███████▌
▐████████ ███▀       ███████▌
 ████████▌█          ███████
  ████████ ▄▄██▄    ███████
   ███████████████▄ ██████
    ▀███████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████▀
         ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
binmon

Activity: 289

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 03:59:02 PM

Vegas

CapnBDL
     Cool

That is almost true. But that backup doesn't take into account things like you added a new address/es. So, personally, I backup once a month. Some ppl do more often, but, for sure, you would want to do a backup if you send coins out, to catch any new addresses your wallet may create with returned change, etc. Again, it is all up to you to protect yourself. The newer the backup, done to an off-line device (USBstick, Mem card, Another computer, etc, the better the chance of retrieving a lost wallet.dat.

Hmmm... damn, just when you think you've got it all.....lol
So even though the blockchain keeps track of transactions, it never associates a "sub address" with a "main address", so one would lose the corresponding amount of returned change, cumulative, I think is what you are pointing out... reason enough for me to change my habits.  I thought if I manually created a new address then I would need to backup, but never realized (until recently) that every send transaction probably generates change (and an address for that change) which is subject to being lost with my system....

Thanks again!  Learned another lesson for the day...that's about 372 so far, lol

Thank you!

Come FLY with me!     https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1316737.0
Hoarding:    ◆ Amber ◆        ◆ DMD ◆        ◆ FLY ◆       🚀 XDE2 🚀
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 04:48:42 PM

Vegas

@vegasguy - I would take it a step further and make it a service where say the wallet will back-up for a fee of 2 Flycoin (making up a number) - this way it creates demand - maybe even a lock in amount - say (10) Fly have to be held permanently in the wallet for the auto back-up feature to activate?  Just tossing out ideas.

metamorphin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

No risk, no fun!

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2016, 05:23:06 PM

Vegas

@vegasguy - I would take it a step further and make it a service where say the wallet will back-up for a fee of 2 Flycoin (making up a number) - this way it creates demand - maybe even a lock in amount - say (10) Fly have to be held permanently in the wallet for the auto back-up feature to activate?  Just tossing out ideas.

Good idea!

I love it general, to make SELL features as a real usability for the real world! So, I am agree with you to pay for services. This will pay the bills for the server and devwork!

vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2016, 10:39:16 PM

We can design this however you guys want. It could be at a minimum to autobackup to anywhere of your choice, so once you tell it, it will keep backing up automatically to that place. We can offer a service for 10 fly a year to backup to our server. There is no risk as your wallets should be encrypted with a very long password.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
YourMom420

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 12:56:08 AM

No Worries,

Cool

IT WORKED!! didnt come with my stakes but thats cool Smiley
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 02:27:40 AM

No Worries,
 Cool

IT WORKED!! didnt come with my stakes but thats cool Smiley

Make sure to take the -salvagewallet off now that your wallet is working
vegasguy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2016, 01:04:47 PM

Guys I have not forgot everyone on the superfly rewards. Let me get my coffee , and I will start distributing them.

Vegas

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 137 »
  Print  

Jump to: