Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:41:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472771 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:27:29 PM

As I'm sure many of you know, HOdl is a crypto project funded by the public. There was no premine or ICO fund collected, it had a 100% fair launch. As you can see we have been collecting bounties for things we need along the way. There is a core few of us, who have spent a good amount of our own funds (HODL, BTC and USD) on all these things so far. We need your help moving forward, we have set up a general funds address. We think this will be the best way to do this. Instead of every time we need something and have someone lined up to do it, coming to the community and waiting weeks to collect the funds.

So what do we need these funds for?

We are working on the website right now and we will need funds to host the site.

Some of you may have seen that Fuzzblaws has been working on a custom HOdl block explorer. We will need funds to host this, we need to scale resources as traffic volume increases. We think you will all love what he has done with this block explorer. It has a Top HOdlers list by address, complete with number of active deposits, amount of HODL deposited and the Mature Value of each address. It also has charts showing how much of the total supply is HOdled at this moment, as well has how much of the total supply has come from HOdling. Those are just a few of the features he has brought to this new Block explorer.

We will also need funds to get these stand alone miners released properly. As I'm sure you have all seen and tried some of the newly released miners, we still don't have a proper binary release of any of them. While we truly appreciate all of the hard work that went into all of them. We have bits and pieces of them spread out all over this thread. This is where the general funds would have come in handy, we could have gotten a binary release of Wolf's new miner, rather than just the source code which is all we could afford. As Freetrade has posted a few posts back, Wolf has agreed to provide the HOdlcoin community with an open-source, GBT CPU miner if a 1.25 BTC bounty can be raised.

Look at this general fund as investing in the value of a coin you already own and may be HOdling for years to come.

Here is the address both Freetrade and I hodl the private key to this address
1BountyAyfaj2LRD2VhTY5iyfgjg79nmSx
I just donated and will continue to donate my signature campagin earnings from the last couple days to the HOdl fund, I know its not a lot but its better than nothing Cheesy
Please consider donating to the HOdl fund yourself, even the tiniest bit helps Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 06:33:01 PM

I Have 2 PCs. I got this error in Both of them

https://i.imgsafe.org/4bb58f6.png
The binaries from cryptominingblog weren't built properly, which is why you and 90% of the other HOdlers are getting this error.
You can either build it yourself or wait for them to rebuild it properly Smiley

What specifically is wrong with them? I'm using hodleminer-wolf on i7-4790K and
hodleminer on core2. No problems with either but I had to install openssl which was trivial.

If you try to use hodlminer-wolf on a CPU without AES_NI (core2) it will crash.
I don't know whats wrong with them specifically, but even installing openssl didn't solve it for most people.
My guess is that they built it for a specific platform and not for a public release, which would be why it crashes on certain pc's but not on others.

No one has stated which version they are using and what architecture
they are using it on. They both work for me when used properly.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
samsmith16

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 07:05:22 PM

As I'm sure many of you know, HOdl is a crypto project funded by the public. There was no premine or ICO fund collected, it had a 100% fair launch. As you can see we have been collecting bounties for things we need along the way. There is a core few of us, who have spent a good amount of our own funds (HODL, BTC and USD) on all these things so far. We need your help moving forward, we have set up a general funds address. We think this will be the best way to do this. Instead of every time we need something and have someone lined up to do it, coming to the community and waiting weeks to collect the funds.

So what do we need these funds for?

We are working on the website right now and we will need funds to host the site.

Some of you may have seen that Fuzzblaws has been working on a custom HOdl block explorer. We will need funds to host this, we need to scale resources as traffic volume increases. We think you will all love what he has done with this block explorer. It has a Top HOdlers list by address, complete with number of active deposits, amount of HODL deposited and the Mature Value of each address. It also has charts showing how much of the total supply is HOdled at this moment, as well has how much of the total supply has come from HOdling. Those are just a few of the features he has brought to this new Block explorer.

We will also need funds to get these stand alone miners released properly. As I'm sure you have all seen and tried some of the newly released miners, we still don't have a proper binary release of any of them. While we truly appreciate all of the hard work that went into all of them. We have bits and pieces of them spread out all over this thread. This is where the general funds would have come in handy, we could have gotten a binary release of Wolf's new miner, rather than just the source code which is all we could afford. As Freetrade has posted a few posts back, Wolf has agreed to provide the HOdlcoin community with an open-source, GBT CPU miner if a 1.25 BTC bounty can be raised.

Look at this general fund as investing in the value of a coin you already own and may be HOdling for years to come.

Here is the address both Freetrade and I hodl the private key to this address
1BountyAyfaj2LRD2VhTY5iyfgjg79nmSx
I just donated and will continue to donate my signature campagin earnings from the last couple days to the HOdl fund, I know its not a lot but its better than nothing Cheesy
Please consider donating to the HOdl fund yourself, even the tiniest bit helps Smiley

Thank you!! yes every little bit helps

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
Peltig

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 11:49:57 PM

How to mine this coin? i downloaded a cpu miner from cryptocureency-blog but it got error.

I'm not sure that Windows binary was compiled as a Windows distribution binary...

Wolf's cpu miner doesn't work with my I7 4790K. Sad

It works with mine. Do you have openssl installed?

Could you explain how you installed it? I couldn't with any effort.

I installed it but it didn't help

don't be like an early '90s mac...describe the error in detail

Sheesh, not a single one of you has taken Fuzzbawls advice.
How to mine this coin? i downloaded a cpu miner from cryptocureency-blog but it got error.

don't be like an early '90s mac...describe the error in detail
I Have 2 PCs. I got this error in Both of them

https://i.imgsafe.org/4bb58f6.png

Is it too much to expect someone asking for help to provide details when asked twice?
Basic information should include the CPU, OS, source of miner, command line, output, verbose
output
(no -q).

I'll ignore anyone who asking for help who does not post, at least, this basic info. You should also
say what you've tried to troubleshoot it. I'm not going to help someone who's too lazy to help
themselves.

First PC:
1-Intel Pentium dual core e5200 2.5GHz
2-Windows 7 ultimate 32x
3-I am not so technical i downloded the ,iner from cryptocurrecncy-blog? so you can find the source?
4-Command line: hodlminer -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://hodl.suprnova.cc:4693 -u peltig.1 -p x
5-I don't understand your mean.
6-I don't understand your mean.

Second PC:
1-Intel i3-3210 3.2GHz
2-Windows 7 ultimate 64x
3-I am not so technical i downloded the ,iner from cryptocurrecncy-blog? so you can find the source?
4-Command line: hodlminer -a hodl -o stratum+tcp://hodl.suprnova.cc:4693 -u peltig.1 -p x

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 12:56:30 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2016, 02:09:10 AM by joblo

Edit: trimmed excessivley long quote.

First PC:
1-Intel Pentium dual core e5200 2.5GHz
2-Windows 7 ultimate 32x

Second PC:
1-Intel i3-3210 3.2GHz
2-Windows 7 ultimate 64x

Thank you. Neither of your CPUs has AES_NI which is a requirement to use hodlminer-wolf.
You need to use the other one. I said twice there were two versions but you still failed to say which
one you downloaded.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 02:34:44 AM

I have a request regarding term deposits. It seems uncecessarilly difficult to select a
term deposit address. Term deposits require sending to oneself and use a receive address.
But the deposit tab only allows selection from send addresses. It is necessary to go to the
receive tab, copy an address to the clipboard then go back to the deposit tab to paste it.
It aseems to make more sense for the deposit tab to show receive addresses by default.

I also have a question regarding term deposit maturation. I noticed that interest tops accruing
upon maturation and it seems I would need to transfer the coin to a regular address.
I presume I could then send it back into a term deposit. However, can I roll over the TD
by sending the coin directly from the TD address back to the same TD address?

Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:32:21 AM

I have a request regarding term deposits. It seems uncecessarilly difficult to select a
term deposit address. Term deposits require sending to oneself and use a receive address.
But the deposit tab only allows selection from send addresses. It is necessary to go to the
receive tab, copy an address to the clipboard then go back to the deposit tab to paste it.
It aseems to make more sense for the deposit tab to show receive addresses by default.

I also have a question regarding term deposit maturation. I noticed that interest tops accruing
upon maturation and it seems I would need to transfer the coin to a regular address.
I presume I could then send it back into a term deposit. However, can I roll over the TD

it isn't the address itself that determines a term deposit, but a special transaction flag. Term deposits can be sent to any valid HOdl address and any valid HOdl address can contain a mix of regular transactions and term deposits.

Upon maturation of a term deposit, you can use the matured input directly in another term deposit, there is no need to use it in a normal transaction first.

Regarding the listing of receiving addresses in the send pane, this is a standards convention carried over from BTC whereby (for security/identity purposes) receiving address are treated as one-time use addresses. You as an individual don't have to conform to that standard, and instead can re-use a receiving address as many times as you want. When selecting the input(s) to use for a transaction via coin control, you can right-click the input and copy the address associated with it. That will cut down the time/steps for sending a term deposit back to the input's originating address.
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:38:11 AM

Release 3.1.11 of cpuminer-opt is available for download.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0lVSGQYLJIZZ3VCOERfMHZiQmM/view?usp=sharing

cpuminer-opt can mine hodl with or without AES_NI. See compile instructions
(Linux only) in the README file.

Compiling requires some additional libraries not included in the
default instalation of most Linux distributions: libboost-dev,
libboost-system-dev, libboost-thread-dev.

More details, including algo performance charts and normalisation rates,
for cpuminer-opt can be found by folowing the link in my sig.

New in 3.1.11

- hodl algo hashrate issue partially fixed.

Errata: The hash rate reported at the pool should now
             be the same as hodlminer-wolf although the miner
             stilll reports an erroneously high rate. The
             performance chart uses the pool reported rate.

- argon2 algo added, 6% faster than encel version

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 03:40:33 AM

it isn't the address itself that determines a term deposit, but a special transaction flag. Term deposits can be sent to any valid HOdl address and any valid HOdl address can contain a mix of regular transactions and term deposits.

Upon maturation of a term deposit, you can use the matured input directly in another term deposit, there is no need to use it in a normal transaction first.

Regarding the listing of receiving addresses in the send pane, this is a standards convention carried over from BTC whereby (for security/identity purposes) receiving address are treated as one-time use addresses. You as an individual don't have to conform to that standard, and instead can re-use a receiving address as many times as you want. When selecting the input(s) to use for a transaction via coin control, you can right-click the input and copy the address associated with it. That will cut down the time/steps for sending a term deposit back to the input's originating address.

Thanks for the quick response. I created one very short term deposit as a test so I'll be prepared when tyhe longer
term ones mature.

losk22
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:28:39 AM

Why not the miners in the OP?
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 05:51:15 AM

HOdl miners may want to HOdl off on downloading cpuminer-opt v3.1.11 for now. I don't know
that it's any worse than v3.1.10 but I've found a couple of bugs that I need to fix. my apologies.

Release 3.1.11 of cpuminer-opt is available for download.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0lVSGQYLJIZZ3VCOERfMHZiQmM/view?usp=sharing

cpuminer-opt can mine hodl with or without AES_NI. See compile instructions
(Linux only) in the README file.

Compiling requires some additional libraries not included in the
default instalation of most Linux distributions: libboost-dev,
libboost-system-dev, libboost-thread-dev.

More details, including algo performance charts and normalisation rates,
for cpuminer-opt can be found by folowing the link in my sig.

New in 3.1.11

- hodl algo hashrate issue partially fixed.

Errata: The hash rate reported at the pool should now
             be the same as hodlminer-wolf although the miner
             stilll reports an erroneously high rate. The
             performance chart uses the pool reported rate.

- argon2 algo added, 6% faster than encel version

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:03:18 AM

I think the more obvious question is why should the mature term deposit need to be moved at all. Why not start earning "normal" interest right where it is?

At least from what I read, that is what I understand. That a mature TD earns NO interest at all until moved, either to another TD or through a normal transaction (which can be same address).

If the above is correct, I am sure there is a reason for this complication. Can someone explain it?

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:14:14 AM

I think the more obvious question is why should the mature term deposit need to be moved at all. Why not start earning "normal" interest right where it is?

At least from what I read, that is what I understand. That a mature TD earns NO interest at all until moved, either to another TD or through a normal transaction (which can be same address).

If the above is correct, I am sure there is a reason for this complication. Can someone explain it?

It is correct - it's to encourage more HODLing and longer terms.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:19:49 AM

Just to be clear. Installing open ssl on windows consists of the following steps:
get the appropriate binary from here
https://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/
Which for 64bit Windows should be openssl-0.9.8r-x64_86-win64-rev2.zip

unzip it to a folder
Add that folder to the PATH environment variable
verify that it works by typing openssl from anywhere in the command prompt. You should get an openssl> terminal prompt

Is that sufficient or are further steps needed?

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 06:50:09 AM

Just to be clear. Installing open ssl on windows consists of the following steps:
get the appropriate binary from here
https://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/
Which for 64bit Windows should be openssl-0.9.8r-x64_86-win64-rev2.zip

unzip it to a folder
Add that folder to the PATH environment variable
verify that it works by typing openssl from anywhere in the command prompt. You should get an openssl> terminal prompt

Is that sufficient or are further steps needed?

I forgot and had to look again, I DLed from here...

https://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

Really, the 32 bit version even though Windows is 64. I just downloaded the latest light version for 32 bit,
install and done.

Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:21:55 AM

where can i find the cpu miner? the op is lacking any info

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 07:23:35 AM

where can i find the cpu miner? the op is lacking any info

https://github.com/wolf9466/hodlminer-wolf

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:53:08 AM

I'd recommend that one also for the time being until I get the issues with mine fixed.
I guess you didn't read my sig. Wink

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 07:57:50 AM

I'd recommend that one also for the time being until I get the issues with mine fixed.
I guess you didn't read my sig. Wink

That miner is also downloadable here:

https://hodl.suprnova.cc/index.php?page=gettingstarted

(Thanks wolf, btw !)

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Vaccinus

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:10:01 AM

no release? can not compile

Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: