Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:04:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:54:48 PM

2. Block pools so only solo mining possible - this would cause inconvenience for botnets, they really seem to like pools.
3. Change PoW so only mining from wallet is possible - miners less likely to be dumpers.

Changing this is good idea, I think so. I was miner on hodl and I was mining 24/7 with 2 pc, one with 8 core and one with 12 core. Then I didn´t found blocks anymore, like one block within 5 days, so I stop mining. If we block pools and allow mining only with wallet the real miners who will not sell those Hodls will come back in game, so the network is still secure and runs well and I think there is many Hodlers like me, who stopped mining, when pools and bots came.

If we allow pools and bots, then price is dropping too low and the real miners will not start mining again, so the network will be unsecure and stuck and so on termdeposits never came back and game is over.

Still in game and have term deposit all my hodls.

Me too - term deposit all my HOdl's :-)

Lol guys..

Yeah, block all public pools so only private pools will be available.

Pools,  public or private,  cannot be blocked. Wherever are miners,  are pools,  pools are not the problem,  you earn more coins by hodling and staking than mining

OK so forgive my foolishness - I know what "staking" is, but what is "hodling"?
Hodling is putting your coins in a term deposit so that you can't move then for a period you selected, the longer you choose to lock them the more coins you end up with. The max length is 1 year and it will currently give you 900% I think.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peres

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:58:27 PM

2. Block pools so only solo mining possible - this would cause inconvenience for botnets, they really seem to like pools.
3. Change PoW so only mining from wallet is possible - miners less likely to be dumpers.

Changing this is good idea, I think so. I was miner on hodl and I was mining 24/7 with 2 pc, one with 8 core and one with 12 core. Then I didn´t found blocks anymore, like one block within 5 days, so I stop mining. If we block pools and allow mining only with wallet the real miners who will not sell those Hodls will come back in game, so the network is still secure and runs well and I think there is many Hodlers like me, who stopped mining, when pools and bots came.

If we allow pools and bots, then price is dropping too low and the real miners will not start mining again, so the network will be unsecure and stuck and so on termdeposits never came back and game is over.

OK Thanks that clears it up - so staking is like mining with your wallet and hodling is putting into term deposit and getting huge interest :-)

Lol guys..

Pools,  public or private,  cannot be blocked. Wherever are miners,  are pools,  pools are not the problem,  you earn more coins by hodling and staking than mining

OK so forgive my foolishness - I know what "staking" is, but what is "hodling"?
Hodling is putting your coins in a term deposit so that you can't move then for a period you selected, the longer you choose to lock them the more coins you end up with. The max length is 1 year and it will currently give you 900% I think.
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:42:56 PM

I have just realized I have been misinterpreting the Fuzzballs charts. And the result is the supply from maturing deposits
is greater than I previolusly thought.

The supply chart lists the supply of locked in HOdl is 3.5 M but the immature deposit value shows a supply of 50 M HOdl.
That means the pie chart only represents the number of existing HOdl locked up, not the potential HOdl generated by TD interest.
64% of the existing HOdl is locked up but it represents more that 10 times that much in the future.

Mining has produced 4.5 M Hodl since inception 5 months ago. Based on that rate it should produce another 10 M in the next year.
Add that to the current immmature TD value and you have a market cap of 60 M Hodl. If all mining was eliminated today the coin
supply would only be reduced by 16% over the next year.

Then there is the impact of the desctuction of mining. Who would want to mine HOdl if the block reward was cut by 50% or more?
I wouldn't. How many miners would remain? The protectionist nature of a block reward cut would also alienate any potential new
users that learn about new coins by mining.

Bots have been mentioned a couple of times but never with any supporting evidence. This seems more like fear mongering.
My onw thoughts are that HOdl algo is less attractive to bots due to the heavy demand on RAM being easy to notice by infected users.
No matter how much a bot would try to hide it always needs 1 Gb of RAM to mine.

This rush to reduce the block reward seems driven by panic fueld by FUD.

I have a significant investment in HOdl and I want it to be worth something when it matures. If it wasn't for that I would
be long gone from here.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
chriswier123952

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:47:43 PM

I struggle with the decision to reduce the reward amount.  While it is high, it has to be high in order to keep up with the high amount of HOdl being generated through the term deposits while still making HOdl attractive for mining.  So in this sense, I'm leaning towards a "no" vote.

I worry that in eight months when the initial 4000% year-deposits come up that there will be a lot of HOdl that people will want to sell and profit off of, and that will bring any existing value in the coin lower and lower as more and more early adopters attempt to cash out.  By April of 2017, which is when my first year deposits come up, I'm thinking the market will be flooded and my coins will be pretty worthless.

So how does this affect me?  I'm sitting on a lot of HOdl in term deposits and have ceased all mining, waiting to see "what happens" with the coin in the long run.  At the moment, I don't want to spend the power to mine when the outlook (and current prices) for HOdl are so bad.  I think something needs to happen to shake things up and generate increased interest in the coin, otherwise I agree that the coin's outlook is critical and it is likely to be dead in 8-12 months time.

What I like about this project: 
 - that the coin is CPU-bound, and runs on commodity hardware
 - that the coin offers interest

What I don't like:
 - way too many people with long-term deposits
 - too many long-term and high interest deposits will make a glut of HOdl in 8-12 months
 - too high interest rates initially

It makes me wonder if it would be possible to control the amount of HOdl coming into existence by ending long-term deposits early.  Since the project started in February 2016 (I don't remember the exact date), we still have around 7-8 months before these initial year-long high-interest deposits come due.  If possible, I think we should limit deposits to a maximum of six months and end any existing year-long deposits at their six-month from deposit date.  If this was possible, it would still reward the early adopters very well (4000% interest for six months is still excellent), while forcing them to move/re-deposit for another six-months at a much lower interest rate.  This would remove a lot of the glut of HOdl that will enter the market in the next 8-12 months, and get early adopters HOdl into play sooner. 

I personally would support this, even though it will cut into my HOdled funds quite a bit.  However, it may be enough to convince me to start mining again.
peres

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 06:10:27 PM

I have just realized I have been misinterpreting the Fuzzballs charts. And the result is the supply from maturing deposits
is greater than I previolusly thought.

The supply chart lists the supply of locked in HOdl is 3.5 M but the immature deposit value shows a supply of 50 M HOdl.
That means the pie chart only represents the number of existing HOdl locked up, not the potential HOdl generated by TD interest.
64% of the existing HOdl is locked up but it represents more that 10 times that much in the future.

Mining has produced 4.5 M Hodl since inception 5 months ago. Based on that rate it should produce another 10 M in the next year.
Add that to the current immmature TD value and you have a market cap of 60 M Hodl. If all mining was eliminated today the coin
supply would only be reduced by 16% over the next year.

Then there is the impact of the desctuction of mining. Who would want to mine HOdl if the block reward was cut by 50% or more?
I wouldn't. How many miners would remain? The protectionist nature of a block reward cut would also alienate any potential new
users that learn about new coins by mining.

Bots have been mentioned a couple of times but never with any supporting evidence. This seems more like fear mongering.
My onw thoughts are that HOdl algo is less attractive to bots due to the heavy demand on RAM being easy to notice by infected users.
No matter how much a bot would try to hide it always needs 1 Gb of RAM to mine.

This rush to reduce the block reward seems driven by panic fueld by FUD.

I have a significant investment in HOdl and I want it to be worth something when it matures. If it wasn't for that I would
be long gone from here.
The other problem with what you suggest is that not everyone got in at 4000% and you cant promise a term deposit at a specific percentage and then change the rules / I agree that more people need to get interested in HOdl coins than just the cryptocurrency community (if that is what they are called). The coin needs to somehow be connected to something in the real world that gets the interest of everyday people and has value for them - an original idea is needed. I commented on this above, but it seems that nobody else thinks this is a good idea OR I need to be more specific. Here is my previous comment.
I am a newbie so much of the discussion is above my head BUT it does seem to me the HOdl coin is an original idea with enormous potential. However, it needs a connection to something in the real world - like shares on the stock market are connected to something real in the world. HOdl needs something (so maybe community should think about it and put forward ideas). Crowdfunding campaign could be set up with the right idea through somewhere like www.indiegooo.com - Simply demand needs to be created for when 12 month deposits mature
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 06:51:52 PM

It might be too late. The mistake was the ridiculously high interest rates to begin with. They should have been an order of magnitude smaller to begin with and slowly converge to the long term levels predicted by the current system

Interest and TDs on blockchain was a good idea but the actual rates made the current situation easy to see in retrospect.

Now its just a matter of who gets to cash out first.

Pity

peres

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 06:57:27 PM

It might be too late. The mistake was the ridiculously high interest rates to begin with. They should have been an order of magnitude smaller to begin with and slowly converge to the long term levels predicted by the current system

Interest and TDs on blockchain was a good idea but the actual rates made the current situation easy to see in retrospect.

Now its just a matter of who gets to cash out first.

Pity

Not if someone comes up with another original idea . . . Success is never easy . . . I am sure that a cooperative effort to seek a solution can yield a positive outcome . . . too soon to give up is isn't it?
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 06:58:45 PM

Lol guys..

This, if a botnet operator wants to mine hodl they will just come up with their own pool and own miner.

Change nothing, everything is perfect the way it is. Launch was perfect and so far the growth and price is exactly as expected. Actually I expected the price to tank quicker but I guess all the HODLers prevented that. Good job guys!
peres

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 07:16:14 PM

Lol guys..

This, if a botnet operator wants to mine hodl they will just come up with their own pool and own miner.

Change nothing, everything is perfect the way it is. Launch was perfect and so far the growth and price is exactly as expected. Actually I expected the price to tank quicker but I guess all the HODLers prevented that. Good job guys!

It seems there are those out there who want to destroy all new coins by buying them as cheap as possible - well they can only buy cheap if HOdlers sell cheap. So Don't . . . .
GermanSailor

Activity: 35

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 07:48:15 PM

@FreeTrade And all Hodler. DON'T PANIC!

I like the Hodl Coin is like him.

But it would be absolutely detrimental to Hodl Coin if promises, promised features are subject to change. He would unpredictable for the user and he will turn. Hodl's like he's perfect. Hodl precisely. CPU mining possible. Attractive PoS.

Fall and rise prices. When the mining of some unattractive has also good. The Hashrate fall and others will begin to mines. And friends of Hodl be. The price will never fall into the bottomless.

Take the chance of cheap prices to hodls buying (mainly because the mining is currently difficult) and makes Term Deposit.

@FreeTrade Change PLEASE nothing to the rules. Your idea was very well thought of from the beginning! The Comunity needs reliable commitments.

The apprehension that in a few months to many term deposits are free I do not share. I myself have maturities many Deposits very different. This will spread. Supply and demand will always fluctuate. Which is great for trading. Smiley
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:36:53 PM

I'm listening carefully, but what I'm hearing is that HOdlers want the block reward reduced -

https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-block-reward-should-be-reduced

If you HOdlers feel so strongly - you'll need to show it on Nutocracy, or I remain skeptical that your views represent HOdlers rather than miners.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:08:20 AM

I haven't seen one coherent argument for reducing the block reward except greedy self interest by existing
HOdlers. It's a misguided self interest at that because cutting the block reward will have little impact on the
supply growth.

It should be the responsibility of those who want the change to justify it with data and reasoned arguments.
They must convince you it is the right thing to do by proving there is a problem and the proposed block reward
reduction will solve it.

The following question needs to be answered:

Given that block reward reduction is a strategy to slow supply growth as a coin matures, and, given HOdl
is not a mature coin, and,  given HOdl mining only represents 16% of supply growth in the next year, how will
reducing the block reward slow the growth in supply of HOdl?

Recent events in the UK should be a warning of what can happen when you ask the opinion of people who
are ill informed. It's your coin, you decide.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
Incowinco

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 01:36:06 AM

I'm a HOdler and I think that reducing the block reward will kill this coin.

Hash is going to drop and its probably not the botnets that will stop mining, its free for them so why would they?
Also, there will be lack of interest and no new HOdlers as this would simply not be fair.
Combine those 2 things and you might see HOdl trading at 3 satoshi soon.

I'm not a technical person and don't know if its possible but I think we should just stick to wallet mining and disable pool mining so we can get rid of the bot nets.

Other than that I think we should find some use for this coin other than HOdling and thats what we should mainly focus on.

Oh and GPU+CPU mining in-wallet sounds really cool but this would be a really hard thing to do as far as I'm aware. Maybe one day.

I'm going to spend my HOdlings to downvote the idea about reducing block reward tommrow  Wink

Incowinco

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:06:54 AM

I also think that there is nothing wrong with the current price.
Lack of buy support, interest and volume is an issue though.
in2tactics

Activity: 578
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 02:33:24 AM

I'm listening carefully, but what I'm hearing is that HOdlers want the block reward reduced -

https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-block-reward-should-be-reduced

If you HOdlers feel so strongly - you'll need to show it on Nutocracy, or I remain skeptical that your views represent HOdlers rather than miners.

I have an aversion to signing things and posting them in public places. Undecided

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 03:06:05 AM

Maybe change something in mining  algorithm (maybe let more  Ram will be demanded to prevent botnets or so)
Block reward should stay the same level or smaller hashrate will Lower network safety

And what is most important..  That must be real adoption

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
kaltun

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:00:21 AM

can someone explain me why the HODL is so low at the exchange servers ?? on yobit buy = 1038 sat  sell 767sat Sad

Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:57:52 AM

can someone explain me why the HODL is so low at the exchange servers ?? on yobit buy = 1038 sat  sell 767sat Sad
Easy: More sellers than buyers - get your friends to buy some and demand/price goes up.
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:07:05 AM

Getting hodl on polo and bittrex might help too. Many people will just not trade on yobit

liquidfunds

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 08:14:54 AM

I'm a HOdler and I think that reducing the block reward will kill this coin.

Hash is going to drop and its probably not the botnets that will stop mining, its free for them so why would they?
Also, there will be lack of interest and no new HOdlers as this would simply not be fair.
Combine those 2 things and you might see HOdl trading at 3 satoshi soon.

I'm not a technical person and don't know if its possible but I think we should just stick to wallet mining and disable pool mining so we can get rid of the bot nets.

Other than that I think we should find some use for this coin other than HOdling and thats what we should mainly focus on.

Oh and GPU+CPU mining in-wallet sounds really cool but this would be a really hard thing to do as far as I'm aware. Maybe one day.

I'm going to spend my HOdlings to downvote the idea about reducing block reward tommrow  Wink

We need a high performance GPU miner.

Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: