Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:40:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472773 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 01:16:52 PM

Some good discussion going on.

@freetrade you have made several comments about the coin dying or needing resurection but I fail
to see it. Due to the inflationary interest rate the price can drop significantly more than other coins without threatening the
it's future. One HOdl minted today worth 1000 sat can drop to 50 sat in a year and still have the same value
because that one HOdl becomes 20 Hodl. Using other coins's price fluctuations to compare is misleading.

I'm more concerned with the market cap declining. If the price was declining, but market cap was rising, I think that would not be a case for worry. However for a new coin, ideally both should be growing.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Suh

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 01:38:39 PM

It looks like someone is trying to accumulate HODLs on yobit!

Buy order for 240,000+ @ 1000

Join CFinex, buy some shares in the project and earn income!
https://cfinex.com/
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 01:43:08 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.  So a miner would not receive any coins until a year after the pool finds a block?

Pools could mine direct to users addresses in a round robin style - however I think administration would be more complex. We'd likely be back to solo mining and I think that might be an improvement too.

I don't understand the problem with pools,  people still withdraw their coins from pools as soon as they are mature. Pools help very little miners to also be able to mine and get their rewards,  pools attract more miners etc..

IMHO you are looking for a problem on the wrong place,  do some innovative stuff for the coin,  a game,  a mixer, or something similar...  Give the coin a use and you will see people will actually start to hodl instead of dump

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Suh

Activity: 146

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 02:17:19 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.  So a miner would not receive any coins until a year after the pool finds a block?

Pools could mine direct to users addresses in a round robin style - however I think administration would be more complex. We'd likely be back to solo mining and I think that might be an improvement too.

I don't understand the problem with pools,  people still withdraw their coins from pools as soon as they are mature. Pools help very little miners to also be able to mine and get their rewards,  pools attract more miners etc..

IMHO you are looking for a problem on the wrong place,  do some innovative stuff for the coin,  a game,  a mixer, or something similar...  Give the coin a use and you will see people will actually start to hodl instead of dump
How many pools will stick around for a year though?  If the pools were forced to HODL for a year I think we would see many lost (stolen) coins from pools shutting down with lots of coins still HODLed.

Join CFinex, buy some shares in the project and earn income!
https://cfinex.com/
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2016, 02:55:04 PM

How many pools will stick around for a year though?  If the pools were forced to HODL for a year I think we would see many lost (stolen) coins from pools shutting down with lots of coins still HODLed.

I'm sticking around for more than a year already, so I don't think that's a problem, the question is which miner would mine now if they get their rewards in one year ? Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
wisebc

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 03:55:48 PM

I'm sticking around for more than a year already, so I don't think that's a problem, the question is which miner would mine now if they get their rewards in one year ? Smiley

Does everyone see that by doing this you are effectively increasing the block reward to 900 HOdl and you are guaranteeing that the disruptive effect of the high interest rates continues for a full year after they end and with as strong an effect as possible since everyone has to HOdl?

wisebc

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:03:21 PM

Does everyone see that by doing this you are effectively increasing the block reward to 900 HOdl and you are guaranteeing that the disruptive effect of the high interest rates continues for a full year after they end and with as strong an effect as possible since everyone has to HOdl?

And hey, let's be fair about this.  Why screw over just the new people mining by forcing them to lock in for a year?  Why don't we force everyone's HOdl lock timers back to a full year from now regardless of their current unlock date/block and make any un-HOdl'ed coins unspendable without first HOdling them for a year?  I mean hey, if it's such a good idea, why not take it to the logical conclusion?  We'll completely put this coin to sleep for a full year.  Sounds great right?

joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:09:15 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2016, 04:43:47 PM by joblo

Some good discussion going on.

@freetrade you have made several comments about the coin dying or needing resurection but I fail
to see it. Due to the inflationary interest rate the price can drop significantly more than other coins without threatening the
it's future. One HOdl minted today worth 1000 sat can drop to 50 sat in a year and still have the same value
because that one HOdl becomes 20 Hodl. Using other coins's price fluctuations to compare is misleading.

I'm more concerned with the market cap declining. If the price was declining, but market cap was rising, I think that would not be a case for worry. However for a new coin, ideally both should be growing.

Market cap is another concept that's difficult to define for HOdl. What is included? Only tradeable coins? All mined
coins even those locked up? Immature coins from TDs? Smart investors may be able to sort it out but a simplistic
definition of market cap for HOdl may not be a fair comparison with other coins.

In my opinion the immature TDs should be counted but not at their mature value, perhaps at their accured value. If they were
tradeable the market would decide their value at any given point in time.

The way things are now 63% of the mined coins (3 million) are locked up and represent a potential 50 million coins in the next year.
Investors take this into account and push the exchange price lower. If the market cap calculation doesn't factor this and only counts
the currently available coins, it will be artificially low.

I would be interested in seeing a chart of the market cap including the accrued value of TDs, I don't think the standard definition
used by all other coins is fair for HOdl.

Edit: The reason I'm bringing up tradeable TDs repeatedly is that they would increase market visibility and provide more tradng
opportunities for investors. That can only be good.

Edit2; I should also pint out that a TD exchange market wold be pure HOdl. One would pay in HOdl to buy a TD so it's all HOdl
to HOdl transactions.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
joblo
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 04:31:18 PM

It's not quite that bad but it's not good either. 63% of mined coins are already locked up so it would increase to 100%.
But I don't think limiting current supply is the right thing to do. In fact I think the opposite.

Investors already know a supply bubble will burst and that knowledge is reflected in the current trading price so the trading price
is based on the potential supply not the current supply. Increasing the current supply may have a beneficial effect by increasing
liquidity while having little effect on the price.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:02:36 PM

And hey, let's be fair about this.  Why screw over just the new people mining by forcing them to lock in for a year?  Why don't we force everyone's HOdl lock timers back to a full year from now regardless of their current unlock date/block and make any un-HOdl'ed coins unspendable without first HOdling them for a year?  I mean hey, if it's such a good idea, why not take it to the logical conclusion?  We'll completely put this coin to sleep for a full year.  Sounds great right?

No-one is getting screwed over. The proposal is that terms of mining are changed to favor hodlers over dumpers. The point of the coin is to favor hodlers. It's going to be easier for hodlers to mine because they won't be competing against dumpers anymore.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:06:44 PM

Edit: The reason I'm bringing up tradeable TDs repeatedly is that they would increase market visibility and provide more tradng

Edit2; I should also pint out that a TD exchange market wold be pure HOdl. One would pay in HOdl to buy a TD so it's all HOdl
to HOdl transactions.

If HOdlings were easy to trade, they wouldn't be HOdlings anymore. The HODLing bonus is awarded because they can't be moved for the time period the HOdler chooses. It constrains supply and should act to smooth the boom/bust speculative cycle.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 06:55:52 PM

Reminder: I'm recommending this motion to HODLers and I'd like to get it passed as soon as possible.

https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-block-rewards-should-remain-unchanged-in-amount-but-required-to-be-hodled-for-a-period-of-1-year-https-www-reddit-com-r-hodl-comments-4qpx9g

More details at this reddit page -
https://www.reddit.com/r/Hodl/comments/4qpx9g

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:06:50 PM

to HOdl transactions.

If HOdlings were easy to trade, they wouldn't be HOdlings anymore. The HODLing bonus is awarded because they can't be moved for the time period the HOdler chooses. It constrains supply and should act to smooth the boom/bust speculative cycle.

Fair enough, it was just a suggestion to attract new investors.

joblo
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:11:28 PM

I don't agree with this motion. The short term supply is already constrained by the large proportion of locked up
funds. Also these locked up funds are not being properly factured into the market cap.

I am more concerned with a mid term over supply but still not in favour of drastic action to address it.

peres

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:22:40 PM

OK there is all this talk of Hodlers and dumpers. I assume dumpers are those who mine and then sell as quickly as possible. I do not have a problem with this because I buy the coins - much easier than mining them.

I think that the coin needs to be promoted. I think very few people except those who have these coins understand that right now interest is around 2000% for fixed deposits. If more people were aware then more people would want the coin and the demand would go up and the price - a few banner ads in the right places would create awareness of the coin.

Anyway maybe something I have said has some value - I am a newbie so I do not understand the process of developing a strong and valued coin.

Also there are probably a lot of newbies like myself involved in this coin so a website with updates and explanations would help to keep things clear.
Kostolany, Jr.

Activity: 195

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:07:19 AM

I like it.
This should move price up considerably since most TD are locked for year, supply will be very limited.
Bought 27K  Smiley

edit: let's not forget HOdl is on Chinese exchange, so anything can happen  Wink

„While buying one should be romantic, while selling realistic (and in the meantime he should sleep).“
– André Kostolany
peres

Activity: 136

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 10:45:41 AM

I like it.
This should move price up considerably since most TD are locked for year, supply will be very limited.
Bought 27K  Smiley

edit: let's not forget HOdl is on Chinese exchange, so anything can happen  Wink

Good move so now in 12 months you will have about half a million - all the best
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 11:08:08 AM

Okay - we're nearly there - 5 million required for threshold validity.

https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-block-rewards-should-remain-unchanged-in-amount-but-required-to-be-hodled-for-a-period-of-1-year-https-www-reddit-com-r-hodl-comments-4qpx9g

I've been working on the code required today and am testing it at the moment. Should be able to put this into effect with some rapidity.

Billyboy4022

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 03:34:35 PM

Okay - we're nearly there - 5 million required for threshold validity.

I've been working on the code required today and am testing it at the moment. Should be able to put this into effect with some rapidity.

Look like you are going to push this either way , so does it really matter if we vote or not

why even have the vote ?  " the community wanted this ?  what is to say that you own all those addresses and Hodl
Billyboy4022

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 03:37:07 PM

I personally think all this voting and changing  is going to drive ppl away .

to be honest, I am one  and I am sure there many other
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: