Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:31:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ħ [HODL] No Staking, 1% Standard Interest per Day, 750% APR For HOdlers  (Read 472793 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DisasterFaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 10:35:47 AM

Can't forget that around May 12th the coin was still rising and hit 10 cents. Not sure but it appeared the early adopters that we needed to hold to make this work didn't. They made money and moved on causing a steep decline quick. We won't know if the lock was necessary until we recover. On the other hand every single person is valuable that's involved in this coin. If we lost a big percent of supporters due to the lock then maybe that wasn't worth it either

I think maybe the autohodl period was too long. While autohodling did succeed in removing the strip miners and the pools(temporarily), it may have discouraged too many miners. Maybe a 60 days enforced hodling period would have been better.

Anyway, now that Yobit appears to have gone offline, I think now would be a good time to prepare a fork, as the potential problem with Yobit has already occurred.

I'll suggest an offer to HOdlers - I'll volunteer to develop the fork if the Nutocracy authorizes me to reduce the required autohodl period, but not remove it.   I think removing the autohodl entirely would see the return of strip miners who simply mine and dump, removing all value created in the coin. While I know the autohodl feature has not been popular in many quarters, I think we'll find all those who have mined with autohodl are likely to be long term hodlers, more invested in the coin than strip miners or speculators.

When you fork this what will happen to the coins already mined and locked?

Nothing unusual happens to the existing coins.  they continue to be locked or not locked, whatever state they were in before, according to how long they were locked to begin with.  The fork will not change that.  It will only affect newly mined coins which will now be locked for a month, or two, or whatever is decided on, at the time they are mined.  In other words, if you mine coins today, they will be locked for a year automatically.  If the coin forks tomorrow, then coins mined tomorrow will be locked for a much shorter time (whatever the fork says), but the coins you mined today will still be locked for a year after the fork takes effect.  A coin timelock is permanent and must run its course, regardless of the duration selected and regardless of what is done to future mined coins.

Thanks for the clarification on that WiseBC I appreciate it  Grin
ahinga

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 10:54:46 AM

yobit has been working fine for me. i had a doge deposit pending for two days but that was due to a wallet resync.
with hodl coin i never experienced any problems and i aquired quite some during the last months
DisasterFaster

Activity: 770
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:23:22 AM

yobit has been working fine for me. i had a doge deposit pending for two days but that was due to a wallet resync.
with hodl coin i never experienced any problems and i aquired quite some during the last months

ahinga are you able to withdraw HOdl at YoBit?

I have been able to buy HOdl but the problem has been withdrawing it. The reason I want to withdraw is to transfer it to a local wallet so it can be locked for a year to gain interest.

I just now took this screenshot that shows the HOdl wallet under maintenance...

ahinga

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 11:51:53 AM

have you contacted support?
i withdraw all of my hodl coins sucessfully and locked them away.
i guess you just have to be patient.
ahinga

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:01:32 PM

sorry, just read you allready contacted support.

my last withdrawal had been approx. two weeks ago.
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 06:27:52 PM

Ok - two nutocracy motions for esteemed nutters to consider in the light of recent discussions -

The first, which I commend to you -

We HOdl that the minimum AutoHOdl period should be reduced from 1 year to 1 month.
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-minimum-autohodl-period-should-be-reduced-from-1-year-to-1-month

The second, which I don't recommend, but may increase decentralization and have greater democratic support

We HOdl that AutoHOdling should be remove altogether, and that the developer removing AutoHOdling may award himself 500,000 HODL from the blockchain HODL'd for a period of 1 year.
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-autohodling-should-be-remove-altogether-and-that-the-developer-removing-autohodling-may-award-himself-500-000-hodl-from-the-blockchain-hodl-d-for-a-period-of-1-year

(Note, in order for this second motion to pass, it must reach the threshold, and gain greater validity than the existing motion - https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-there-will-be-no-changes-to-mining-subsidies-interest-rates-distribution-etc-foundational-principle)

i have done my part lets see where it goes ..please vote up people. we need to make hodl great again
BusyBeee

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:42:33 PM

Ok - two nutocracy motions for esteemed nutters to consider in the light of recent discussions -

We HOdl that the minimum AutoHOdl period should be reduced from 1 year to 1 month.
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-the-minimum-autohodl-period-should-be-reduced-from-1-year-to-1-month

The second, which I don't recommend, but may increase decentralization and have greater democratic support

We HOdl that AutoHOdling should be remove altogether, and that the developer removing AutoHOdling may award himself 500,000 HODL from the blockchain HODL'd for a period of 1 year.
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-autohodling-should-be-remove-altogether-and-that-the-developer-removing-autohodling-may-award-himself-500-000-hodl-from-the-blockchain-hodl-d-for-a-period-of-1-year

(Note, in order for this second motion to pass, it must reach the threshold, and gain greater validity than the existing motion - https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-there-will-be-no-changes-to-mining-subsidies-interest-rates-distribution-etc-foundational-principle)

i have done my part lets see where it goes ..please vote up people. we need to make hodl great again

Without some gigantic whale joining in, it does not matter because we can't outvote Hamster with his nearly 5 millions (4979942.08291578) Hodl.
M1ST3R

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:47:53 PM

Without some gigantic whale joining in, it does not matter because we can't outvote Hamster with his nearly 5 millions (4979942.08291578) Hodl.

Ain't it the truth.  Can't make any difference with my 200K Hodl.
wisebc

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 10:23:39 PM

I haven't seen anything from hamster extremely recently, does anyone happen to know what his objection is?  Does he want the autohodl to go away completely or is the 30 day time too short or does he simply want to keep the 1-year auto?  I still want the auto to go away completely but we have to do something to move forward.

Fishmaster42

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 12:28:30 AM

There was a post here saying he would do it if he was allowed to withdraw 500,000 hodl from the blockchain. now it seems to be gone. not sure what that means. Fish
in2tactics

Activity: 578

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 12:43:43 AM

I have not bothered with HOdlcoin since the auto-lock changes. There is simply too much uncertainty to justify using precious computational power and electricity.

I think FreeTrade's ideas are pretty awesome, but things go down hill rather quickly when active development slows to a halt. Honestly, I see HOdlcoin going in the same direction as FreeTrade's previous project, Memorycoin.

Current HW: 2x Apollo
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
Fishmaster42

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:02:26 AM

There was a post here saying he would do it if he was allowed to withdraw 500,000 hodl from the blockchain. now it seems to be gone. not sure what that means. Fish
HERE IT IS   We HOdl that AutoHOdling should be remove altogether, and that the developer removing AutoHOdling may award himself 500,000 HODL from the blockchain HODL'd for a period of 1 year.
 Im ready to let who ever can do this do it take the 500,00 and go with it. second thing is i hold 1 million hodl i know others who have millions also who are monitoring this forum ready to vote. Freetrade does not have the power to do whatever he wants in that sense, but hes the only coder he so we better just get your head around that. I say we pay the squirrel and lets move forward. Fish
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:07:42 AM

HERE IT IS   We HOdl that AutoHOdling should be remove altogether, and that the developer removing AutoHOdling may award himself 500,000 HODL from the blockchain HODL'd for a period of 1 year.
 Im ready to let who ever can do this do it take the 500,00 and go with it. second thing is i hold 1 million hodl i know others who have millions also who are monitoring this forum ready to vote. Freetrade does not have the power to do whatever he wants in that sense, but hes the only coder he so we better just get your head around that. I say we pay the squirrel and lets move forward. Fish

I am with Fish on this.. I think I hold a million as well  Grin

niksdt101

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:04:04 AM

thats the plain truth..right there people..lets do it and keep hodl moving forward. please vote up all the whales :-)
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:59:06 AM

Just to be clear, I'm not recommending this motion, and wouldn't volunteer to implement these changes even with the payment.

This is a motion that shows HOdler's supremacy - HOdler's can get what they want, but if they don't have a volunteer to implement the changes, they can still get them done by paying for them from the blockchain.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
M1ST3R

Activity: 89

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:23:18 AM

I haven't seen anything from hamster extremely recently, does anyone happen to know what his objection is?  Does he want the autohodl to go away completely or is the 30 day time too short or does he simply want to keep the 1-year auto?  I still want the auto to go away completely but we have to do something to move forward.

Hey everyone, please click on the 3 links above, and you'll see that Hamster wants to keep the status quo by voting against all the suggested changes on the first 2 links.
Fishmaster42

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:25:57 PM

Just to be clear, I'm not recommending this motion, and wouldn't volunteer to implement these changes even with the payment.

This is a motion that shows HOdler's supremacy - HOdler's can get what they want, but if they don't have a volunteer to implement the changes, they can still get them done by paying for them from the blockchain.
What do we have to do to make the changes. @freetrade Im tired of coming here rehashing all this same stuff. If we all want to be part of something that is worth something we need a change. What is it you will do? I need some action. your the coder. Come on.
wisebc

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:33:16 PM

HERE IT IS   We HOdl that AutoHOdling should be remove altogether, and that the developer removing AutoHOdling may award himself 500,000 HODL from the blockchain HODL'd for a period of 1 year.

What do we have to do to make the changes. @freetrade Im tired of coming here rehashing all this same stuff. If we all want to be part of something that is worth something we need a change. What is it you will do? I need some action. your the coder. Come on.
Freetrade said he would code a fork to 1-month auto-hodl if I have read correctly.   The nutocracy motion is out there for that but is currently squashed by the very large no vote of hamster.

If we assume that Freetrade is the only one who is going to be coding, then 1-month autohodl is what we can get right now.  But you'll have to outvote hamster.

If some other coder wants to step up, then we can consider getting rid of the auto-hodl altogether (which has been nutocracy authorized for months).  And if that coder is interested in being paid a big chunk of HODL coins (500k), we can try to vote that part of it into acceptance as well.  It's worth noting that Fuzzbawls was going to code the removal of the auto-hodl but the last I heard Life got in the way of that.

So, barring some dramatic turn, we need to get behind the 30-day auto-hodl motion and get some change going, and then we can talk about where to go from there.

This is the motion that Freetrade has already agreed to code:  https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/34

wisebc

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:54:37 PM

HERE IT IS   We HOdl that AutoHOdling should be remove altogether, and that the developer removing AutoHOdling may award himself 500,000 HODL from the blockchain HODL'd for a period of 1 year.

Freetrade said he would code a fork to 1-month auto-hodl if I have read correctly.   The nutocracy motion is out there for that but is currently squashed by the very large no vote of hamster.

If we assume that Freetrade is the only one who is going to be coding, then 1-month autohodl is what we can get right now.  But you'll have to outvote hamster.

If some other coder wants to step up, then we can consider getting rid of the auto-hodl altogether (which has been nutocracy authorized for months).  And if that coder is interested in being paid a big chunk of HODL coins (500k), we can try to vote that part of it into acceptance as well.  It's worth noting that Fuzzbawls was going to code the removal of the auto-hodl but the last I heard Life got in the way of that.

So, barring some dramatic turn, we need to get behind the 30-day auto-hodl motion and get some change going, and then we can talk about where to go from there.

This is the motion that Freetrade has already agreed to code:  https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/34

And this is the nutocracy motion that has been over the threshold for months now but currently lacks a willing or available coder:
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-it-is-time-to-un-fork-hodlcoin-and-stop-auto-hodling-for-a-year

niksdt101

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:57:19 PM

And this is the nutocracy motion that has been over the threshold for months now but currently lacks a willing or available coder:
https://nutocracy.herokuapp.com/arguments/that-it-is-time-to-un-fork-hodlcoin-and-stop-auto-hodling-for-a-year

for that only the second options was suggested by @freetrade as no one else is coming forward to do it
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: