Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:43:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] -NEW BURST OP- MINE ANY FREE SPACE-(HDD MINING)- ATs, AE, P2P MARKET+MORE!  (Read 346475 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Lenore

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:33:55 PM

I hope to see more investors like you to support this coin and give it value and reason.

If you plan on starting a small farm and do not want to buy a load of equipment unless you already have it.   Have a USB 3.0 port.  Found some samsung 5TB 3.0 external hard drives on newegg.  Picked one up for I think it was $121.xx shipped.  Guess it would depend on how log you plan on being in burst.

Even if it is not very profitable to mine BURST with your HDD, as the cost of HDD is more than what you make in BURST weekly or monthly (based on burstcoin.biz calculator) it will still be a fun and innovating way of mining a crypto currency and support its network. I might start will a small HDD mining farm and test how mining BURST with them works. But sometimes I wonder if the HDD could support being used long enough for mining BURST 24/7 I guess that mining with them will shorten its lifespan, right? Also, have anyone tried mining with a Solid State Drive (SSD) by the way?  Huh

You could think of it as an investment.  With all that is going on with Burst.  I would not be surprised if the price doesn't rise.  Ultimately, the exchanges determine price by users buying and selling.  I see there are people just holding coins and also sinking into assets.  Which is fine by me.  But if we could get a few whales to slowly sell off and buy back to increase the price.  Need some pumpers.  No one seems to pump this coin like other coins.  The price pretty much stays on an even plain.  It need s nudge.

We should put together a pump group for burst and work together to increase the price.  The all future mining would be worth it for the people that feel it isnt worth anything.

Just an idea.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1363

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:40:15 PM

Still would like to try using hosting for mining.   Find one that has unlimited space and mine till they kick you off.  lol

Yes. Mining with a VPS hosting that could provide unlimited space will be a clever idea. I was looking into Google Cloud Computing or Amazon's Cloud Computing services but I am not sure if it will be worth every penny. It is only a matter of costs and storage space for this operation.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jackserippl

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 10:28:52 PM

Hi there

I have got a technical question, where I need to be sure that i get it right.
Does any numerical Burstaddress have the same lengh (amount of digits)
or are there some wich have a shorter or longer burst adresses?

Just finished programming everything in the Setup-GUI till plotting and Mining. Do not know how to write
a good plotting programm an integrate it in C++ Any ideas? Is there any need, because we still have a very cool
Plotter and optimizing GUI?

greez
Lenore

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:41:41 PM

Hi there

I have got a technical question, where I need to be sure that i get it right.
Does any numerical Burstaddress have the same lengh (amount of digits)
or are there some wich have a shorter or longer burst adresses?

Just finished programming everything in the Setup-GUI till plotting and Mining. Do not know how to write
a good plotting programm an integrate it in C++ Any ideas? Is there any need, because we still have a very cool
Plotter and optimizing GUI?

greez

Burst addresses are typically 22 characters without dashes.  At least all the addresses that I know of are 22.

I do no ave any ideas on the plotter for you wish I did.

What languages do you know?

dcct

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:15:11 PM

Can confirm that USB3 drives (I run almost my entire 70+ TB on USB with individual ports on internal controller cards in a rackserver.) run just as well as internal drives do. Though, I've not really tested them when running via a USB3 hub. Mine all run on direct ports via USB3 controller SATA cards, or on the board's controller directly.

Mining with USB drives is perfectly fine, even multiple USB 3-Drives on a hub will perform well. It all comes down to linear read speed:

For each TB of plots 256MB of data need to be read, per block. As each block lasts 240 seconds on average there's plenty of time for it, even USB 2.0 drives perform okay.

Here you can see how read speed affects your effective capacity (on a 4TB drive)

I put in 2 lines for typical USB2/3 drives, however, total USB3 capacity on a hub is a lot higher.
Lenore

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:18:56 PM

That is good to know.  I just read somewhere that people were not sure if the 2.0 drives would work.  But now that I think of it and see how it all works I do not see why it wouldnt work.

Im gonna play around with some flash drives and stuff as well see what all types and drives work.  Seems like just about anything would.  But wont be till later on.  Much more to do.

crowetic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 11:19:48 PM

Thanks dcct!

Yes @ Lenore I run a couple USB2 drives as well, and they run just fine. But I wouldn't do a lot with them, USB3 is the way to go.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:20:08 PM

Awesomeness!!!!!

Thank you man.

I will use this and also use it for part of the Wiki on the PG.

Glad its done.  Should probably promote it a little get new lookers.

Good work man.

Yeah, it's great!

It's good to see some new events... finally.

Good luck with the take over. I am holding... like always
Lenore

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:25:24 PM

Also,

The Playground should be able to be accessed.  Its not fully migrated but forums are working, chat, instant messaging, downloads, some links.  Permissions need to be played with as of yet.  So some forums may be visible that usually will not be.  Some changes are still needed but it it available to access.

You can now log back in.

If you already had an account please try your previous user name and password to log in.

jackserippl

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 11:25:44 PM

Very thx for information

I am only trying my best in C++
Java would be much better for such progs, because of the miner and plotter,
there is still a long path in programming for me ...
I do not count HTML+CSS but perfect for the new burstwebsite
i wanna set up, I will do this for the german users, because there arent much
docs and information. Perhaps anybody would help? or having ideas whats
important to be on a burst website?

I think the GUI will be good for absolute beginners just click through and mine
without any knowledge of what you are doing. Smiley I only integrate the apps needed
in one Summery-GUI

greez
Lenore

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:26:35 PM

Thanks dcct!

Yes @ Lenore I run a couple USB2 drives as well, and they run just fine. But I wouldn't do a lot with them, USB3 is the way to go.

emmm need to find all the drives I can find.  I do have a bunch of flash drives that are 64GB 2.0s

Question,

Is each plot specific to each hard drive or can I move a plot from a drive to another drive?

dcct

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:42:04 PM

emmm need to find all the drives I can find.  I do have a bunch of flash drives that are 64GB 2.0s

Question,

Is each plot specific to each hard drive or can I move a plot from a drive to another drive?

When creating plot files you pick a range of nonces for it. Each nonce can only be used once per block, using it twice will give you the same results, therefore no advantage.

You can copy the plots just like any other file. What drive or medium its stored on also does not matter
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:26:10 AM

Nice work crowetic, you can add the other faucets to your list too from here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233458.0

And also faucet owners should raise their payouts, many people have complained that the payout is very low. Higher payouts will attract more people.
BurstIncomeAsset

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:30:40 AM

Also updated my signature to link to this thread, it can be found here, if you want to add a BURST signature for yourself:

http://forum.burst-team.us:4567/topic/15/bitcointalk-org-voluntary-signature-promotion?loggedin

Crowetic, the Poloniex logo doesnt show up on the OP, you should fix that Smiley
haitch

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:31:26 AM

How often or how does the Burst.Ninja pool payout.  Once a day, when a block is found, or when.  I switched back to Burst Ninja.  Would rather support someone I am familiar with then someone im not.  So I switched back.  Just wondering when I could expect payments from the pool.

Ninja pays out 3 rounds after a block is mined, but it only pays out to an individual when the balance > 300. Burst earned before 300 will still show, but as a number with D after it - for deferred payout.

H.

███        ███    ███
   ███      ███    ███
    ███    ███    ███
     ███  ███    ███
        ███    ███
       ███    ███
      ███    ███
IRELINE

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

Largest Fund worldwide for distributed application makers   
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

wireline.io  -  facebook.com/wirelineio  -  @wirelineio

██████
      ██████

██████
    ██████
   ██████
  ██████
 ██████
██████

ICO
  September 1
Lenore

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:41:20 AM

Question,

When creating plot files you pick a range of nonces for it. Each nonce can only be used once per block, using it twice will give you the same results, therefore no advantage.

You can copy the plots just like any other file. What drive or medium its stored on also does not matter

I didn't mean using the same one twice.  Just being able to move the plot is all so I can move a plot compared to have to re write one if something went wrong or I wanted that drive.

Nice work crowetic, you can add the other faucets to your list too from here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233458.0

And also faucet owners should raise their payouts, many people have complained that the payout is very low. Higher payouts will attract more people.

I agree with you.  4 Burst isn't worth even doing compared to all other coins.  Even most BTC faucets payout between 500 to 1500 depending on where you look.

4 or even 8 Burst.  Even at 8 with a price of 20 sat is only 160 sat worth.  Mull it by 5 to be competitive  with other coin faucets.

How often or how does the Burst.Ninja pool payout.  Once a day, when a block is found, or when.  I switched back to Burst Ninja.  Would rather support someone I am familiar with then someone im not.  So I switched back.  Just wondering when I could expect payments from the pool.

Ninja pays out 3 rounds after a block is mined, but it only pays out to an individual when the balance > 300. Burst earned before 300 will still show, but as a number with D after it - for deferred payout.

H.

So, when it says 246D+321.  What exactly does it mean?  First number is what I have earn?  How does current round share figure in.  And what is the 321?

Lenore

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:43:20 AM

@BurstIncomeAsset

I really want to change my s to Burst.  But currently yobit is covering my hosting fees.  Don't really wanna give it up.

BurstIncomeAsset

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:46:22 AM

@BurstIncomeAsset

I really want to change my s to Burst.  But currently yobit is covering my hosting fees.  Don't really wanna give it up.

Sure no problem, but other people can do it, especially I saw many people posting here with empty signature.

So they have nothing to lose by just adding BURST sig there.
Lenore

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:48:57 AM

@BurstIncomeAsset

Sure no problem, but other people can do it, especially I saw many people posting here with empty signature.

I agree.  Think they should.  Maybe I'll make something like for a bonus on the Playground.  Come up with some kind of sig campaign.

But either way people should do it so people that may not know about Burst can have a chance to get involved.

BurstIncomeAsset

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:53:07 AM

@BurstIncomeAsset

I agree.  Think they should.  Maybe I'll make something like for a bonus on the Playground.  Come up with some kind of sig campaign.

But either way people should do it so people that may not know about Burst can have a chance to get involved.

Yep, you can do that too. And you can also open a thread in the altcoin marketplace about your asset.

Mods said that you can open a thread about altcoin assets, in the altcoin marketplace sector.

I will open one for INCOME too, later on, after I sort out a better income flow.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1312055.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: