Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:09:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 339 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin make Banks disappear?  (Read 427565 times)
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:08:29 AM

I t is very possible to replace bank, reasons:

1. bitcoin is faster than wire transfer
2. bitcoin transaction fee is very low, compare to international transfer
3. some banks use blockchain service now.
I am disagree with you mate, Bank will remain even the bitcoin will be accepted in the country, Bank is much secured than bitcoin, no currency can bank disappear, instead bitcoin will be accepted in all banks.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1294

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:08:43 AM

That will be all useless without the trust and confidence of the people, without KYC people are afraid if they will loss their money, in banks it is covered by an insurance so they prefer to use banks, I think banks are also fast with their transaction but the it only differs on charges because bitcoin is very cheap.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:28:57 AM

That will be all useless without the trust and confidence of the people, without KYC people are afraid if they will loss their money, in banks it is covered by an insurance so they prefer to use banks, I think banks are also fast with their transaction but the it only differs on charges because bitcoin is very cheap.

That is going to be the advantage of banks they have insurance if there is something going to happen wrong. And banks are being trusted the most
people because they have been there for a lot of years already. And people are going to doubt with bitcoin because of its anonymity so they are going to think something different with it.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
partialist

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:39:19 AM

It seems that experts say that Bitcoin 'Here to Stay,' But Banks Could Disappear.

"TheStreet: How do you think FinTech will impact the way banks operate?

Frank Schwab: Banks either react on, or they will disappear. Anyway, the consolidation of the banking industry accelerates as the behaviour of people changes. Some banks will benefit from [FinTech], some will be pushed to the back end, and some will disappear."
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13419089/1/bitcoin-here-to-stay-but-banks-could-disappear-says-fintech-expert.html

What's your read on that?

Banks as WE know it may disappear, but banks generally will not disappear.
this is right
they will always exist, just less commonly used as the blockchain evolution continues.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 04:23:58 AM

Then that is the more reason that they should stay. There are using it now and already adapting so why cease it. Let it be the reason to make it stronger, combine the two for a better solution and convenience for every user.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:47:14 AM

Then that is the more reason that they should stay. There are using it now and already adapting so why cease it. Let it be the reason to make it stronger, combine the two for a better solution and convenience for every user.

Every good and established business like the banks for instance, they will be focusing on serving value and convenience to their clients. These are the reasons why people stays loyal because of the value they received - I will not wonder if banks will make some enhancement in their services to integrate bitcoin soon.
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:55:04 AM

I think it's possible theoretically only. People are not ready to stop using banks. Peer-to-peer system is like something mythical to them. 
It is possible for Bitcoin to take over a bank but to be honestly think that the change of that happening are almost at zero.
The chance us bigger that Bitcoin would be taken over by a bank.
Braeron

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:26:27 AM

That will never happen, banks will never support bitcoins as its an competitor to banks and banks may adopt blockchain technology in future but will never shake hands with bitcoins.

Nothing really is impossible. Lol is there any evidences that the bank would really not support bitcoin?  If i am not mistaken i've seen some articles before that central banks are trying to know what is really blockchain's doing.
I have to disagree with these comments to an extent.  Banks have the life span that we allow them to have.  Take marijuana for an example:  If you asked 20 years ago, would marijuana ever be legal in the United States, the answer would be no.  Now that more and more of the baby boomers are moving into government positions, this will be changing for there is more information the older government would not allow us to know to try to rake the truth under the rug.  Bitcoin is the same way.  Government will be fighting this because a large number of investors have their money invested into the banks.  This included the government itself.  As more and more people who understand bitcoin move into office, the more changes will take place.  You just have to give it time.
I dont think bitcoins can make bacnks dissappear because the banks dont want peope to use bitcoins because they only want cash and want that peopel are using cash and not that stupid coins,
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 08:52:36 AM

you are right that bitcoin is very faster and i also like the transaction of bitcoin because bitcoin transaction is very faster and it transaction fees is very much lower than other currency transaction .
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 09:12:58 AM

First of all, it's impossible for Bitcoin to replace banks. Second, there is no bank using the blockchain technology yet. They are only researching the possibilities of it. That's far different from actually using it. Third, if banks every adopt the blockchain technology, then it will be their own version of the blockchain, and not the one from Bitcoin. Wink
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:45:05 AM

Banks will not disappear soon  but when bitcoin usage reaches more people, usage of banks will become less. Banks will be used for only buying loans and not for money transactions.banks will suffer a huge loss in income
funbarrel

Activity: 394

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:34:50 PM

It seems that experts say that Bitcoin 'Here to Stay,' But Banks Could Disappear.

"TheStreet: How do you think FinTech will impact the way banks operate?

Frank Schwab: Banks either react on, or they will disappear. Anyway, the consolidation of the banking industry accelerates as the behaviour of people changes. Some banks will benefit from [FinTech], some will be pushed to the back end, and some will disappear."
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13419089/1/bitcoin-here-to-stay-but-banks-could-disappear-says-fintech-expert.html

What's your read on that?

Banks as WE know it may disappear, but banks generally will not disappear.
this is right
they will always exist, just less commonly used as the blockchain evolution continues.
of course bitcoins will exist forever and in my opinion in the future it is going to become only bigger and bigger and make us some decent profit

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:54:29 PM

The battle between banks and bitcoin will be a huge one and will start in about 2018. The next 2 years are absolutely crucial and lots of things are going to start changing fast. After 2018, the 2020+ period will be when the real shit hits the fan.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:57:22 PM

Banks will not disappear soon  but when bitcoin usage reaches more people, usage of banks will become less. Banks will be used for only buying loans and not for money transactions.banks will suffer a huge loss in income

Well it is really impossible that bitcoin is going to make banks disappear as the banks are already there from so many years.

It is just going to be possible that bitcoin is going to make banks disappear if we are already on the cyborg era. Where people are already robot type.

And we are not going to need banks anymore by that time.

Vires in Numeris
springgers

Activity: 294
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:37:52 PM

Bitcoin has the potential to change how economy works, How we deal and use money, but I'm not sure about the bank system. I think it has advantages itself in funding the smaller merchants and giving relatively hassle-free interest to the depositor, I think there may be bitcoin banks in the future although that might affect the decentralization part of bitcoin.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 03:45:51 PM

No.

Not at all.

And I think it must not have to workout.

Bitcoin has its own circumstances. As well it needs connectivity. Bitcoin itself can be evaluated in fiat currency but it doen't means that bank will disappear.

Bank is need for local trade bcz in most countries all deals done with fiat currency.

And if we consider Bitcoin as bank can work with tier 1 or 2 countries bcz Tier 3 or below level countries dont have even strong internet connectivity.

Bitcoin itself is a protocol.

So it will never happen.
katrimans

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:14:30 PM

First of all, it's impossible for Bitcoin to replace banks. Second, there is no bank using the blockchain technology yet. They are only researching the possibilities of it. That's far different from actually using it. Third, if banks every adopt the blockchain technology, then it will be their own version of the blockchain, and not the one from Bitcoin. Wink
That pretty much sums it up.
Although I am pretty sure not all banks would want to use a blockchain like system that has all the accounts / transactions publicized. There would be some banks that would be willing to do so, but not all the banks for sure as pseudo anonymous will not be preferred by all of them.
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:30:03 PM

It is impossible that bitcoin can disappear banks because those banks are good for savings safe.. unlike in bitcoin its still not the best to save our money in bitcoin. banks are still the best and safe to use..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Universat

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:30:40 PM

That will never happen, banks will never support bitcoins as its an competitor to banks and banks may adopt blockchain technology in future but will never shake hands with bitcoins.

Nothing really is impossible. Lol is there any evidences that the bank would really not support bitcoin?  If i am not mistaken i've seen some articles before that central banks are trying to know what is really blockchain's doing.
I have to disagree with these comments to an extent.  Banks have the life span that we allow them to have.  Take marijuana for an example:  If you asked 20 years ago, would marijuana ever be legal in the United States, the answer would be no.  Now that more and more of the baby boomers are moving into government positions, this will be changing for there is more information the older government would not allow us to know to try to rake the truth under the rug.  Bitcoin is the same way.  Government will be fighting this because a large number of investors have their money invested into the banks.  This included the government itself.  As more and more people who understand bitcoin move into office, the more changes will take place.  You just have to give it time.
I dont think bitcoins can make bacnks dissappear because the banks dont want peope to use bitcoins because they only want cash and want that peopel are using cash and not that stupid coins,
i think banks have no concern with bitcoin in present time as there is no so much effect of bitcoin on bank recently, but i think in future banks will accept bitcoin for their own favour, because banks will provide wallet service to the people and will receive their service charges.
Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 07:36:33 PM

Bitcoin can be added to banks, but i don't believe that bitcoin can become that strong to make banks disappear, but we will see, just need to wait.

Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 339 »
  Print  

Jump to: