Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:39:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 [2092] 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 ... 2269 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers  (Read 3073027 times)
tech72

Activity: 427
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 02:46:09 AM

Can DPOS blockchain survive for a long run?

Please somebody highlight me for something that I dont know.  

Because DPOS servers are depending on = total delegates.

LISK has 101 delegates. Meaning LISK has = 101 servers. And I assume, most of the delegates just using VPS server to running their nodes.

Can with only 101 server / VPS handle thousand of DAPPS like Ethereum? Including million of request / traffic / band-witch per-day?

Or did I miss something?

Look at Facebook, look at Google, see how many servers they are currently running to handle billion of request/traffic every day.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cc001

Activity: 164

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:40:04 AM

LISK has 101 delegates. Meaning LISK has = 101 servers. And I assume, most of the delegates just using VPS server to running their nodes.

Can with only 101 server / VPS handle thousand of DAPPS like Ethereum? Including million of request / traffic / band-witch per-day?

Or did I miss something?

Look at Facebook, look at Google, see how many servers they are currently running to handle billion of request/traffic every day.

hey tech72
here some answers:

the number of delegates (101) could be increased in the future if needed and when the network grows.
most of the delegates don't use only cheap VPS, but pretty strong dedicated servers.
those servers on the mainchain don't need to handle thousands of Blockchain apps, because every blockchain app will run on its own sidechain with its own delegates. That's the beauty of the concept with the sidechains. The mainchain delegates need to handle only the traffic and transactions on the mainchain, which is basically sendind LSK, voting, and registering sidechains. All the traffic from apps are handled on their own sidechain by other delegates (depends on the creator of the app how his consensus works and who are the delegates, if any)

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
tech72

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 05:47:47 AM

Or did I miss something?

hey tech72
here some answers:

the number of delegates (101) could be increased in the future if needed and when the network grows.
most of the delegates don't use only cheap VPS, but pretty strong dedicated servers.
those servers on the mainchain don't need to handle thousands of Blockchain apps, because every blockchain app will run on its own sidechain with its own delegates. That's the beauty of the concept with the sidechains. The mainchain delegates need to handle only the traffic and transactions on the mainchain, which is basically sendind LSK, voting, and registering sidechains. All the traffic from apps are handled on their own sidechain by other delegates (depends on the creator of the app how his consensus works and who are the delegates, if any)

Ok this is what I need.

Very nice. Thank you. Smiley

Now I have more confident to hold this coin or any DPOS coin for more longer.

Yes, I like DPOS blockchain because they got side-chain.

Buying Instagram followers from Zeru.com was a smart move. Real profiles, quick delivery, and an organic boost to my presence. Fantastic service, highly satisfied.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. Bought Instagram followers, and my profile skyrocketed. Genuine engagement, prompt delivery—best investment in my online presence.
Absolutely thrilled with Zeru.com. Purchased Instagram followers, and the results are phenomenal. Authentic growth, reliable service, and exceptional customer support. Highly recommend.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Acquired Instagram followers, and my influence soared. Organic engagement, instant delivery, and excellent customer service. Truly satisfied with the results.
Zeru.com delivered real YouTube subscribers, skyrocketing my channel's success. Trustworthy, efficient, and effective. The best investment for content creators.
Incredible service from Zeru.com. The Instagram likes I purchased were delivered instantly, boosting my online presence. Highly recommended for influencers.
Phenomenal experience with Zeru.com. Bought YouTube views and witnessed instant growth. Authentic engagement, timely delivery, and top-notch customer service. Absolutely satisfied.
Zeru.com is a game-changer. Buying Twitter followers from them boosted my online presence. Authenticity, quick delivery, and stellar customer service – a winning combination for social media success.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Facebook likes purchase led to enhanced visibility. Trustworthy, efficient, and a game-changer for anyone aiming to boost social media presence.
Zeru.com delivers as promised. Increased my Instagram views instantly. Quality service, quick results, and their team ensures satisfaction. A reliable choice.
Impressed with Zeru.com prompt service and genuine YouTube likes. Increased engagement and visibility have skyrocketed my channel's success. Highly recommend.
Buying Facebook followers from Zeru.com was a game-changer. Authentic profiles, quick delivery, and excellent customer support. Highly recommended for growth. 5/5 Stars rating.
Zeru.com exceeded my expectations. The TikTok followers I bought were high-quality, instantly elevating my content and giving my profile the attention it deserves.
Zeru.com delivers TikTok likes that matter. Genuine engagement, instant credibility, and a noticeable spike in my video views. An absolute game-changer.
Zeru.com
SocialMediaPanel.com is my trusted partner for social growth. Their SMM Panel, Social Media Panel, delivers authentic social media engagement, boosting my online presence effectively.
bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2220

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 06:15:54 AM

Will there be different numbers of delegates connected to an blockchain app? So does that mean, blockchain app 'A' will have 50 delagates, blockchain app 'B' will have 10 delagates blockchain app 'C' will have 160 delagates? Who decide which blockchain app gets how many delegates?
veke

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:24:37 AM

Hello all,

I'm new here so I guess most of you don't know me or my work as I'm usually only available in lisk.chat or reddit.

I recently my delegate vekexasia got in active position as a 25% profit share pool cause of my passionate dedication toward lisk community and ecosystem.

As a matter of fact, to date, I've done several things to improve Lisk and here is a quick summary:

I'm also working on ledger nano integration for lisk. (Currently i'm still experimenting with it) but -> https://i.imgur.com/BNt76QG.jpg

If you'd like you could support me by voting vekexasia Smiley

Cheers to all.
tech72

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 06:27:55 AM

Hello all,

I'm new here so I guess most of you don't know me or my work as I'm usually only available in lisk.chat or reddit.

I recently my delegate vekexasia got in active position as a 25% profit share pool cause of my passionate dedication toward lisk community and ecosystem.

As a matter of fact, to date, I've done several things to improve Lisk and here is a quick summary:

I'm also working on ledger nano integration for lisk. (Currently i'm still experimenting with it) but ->

Cheers to all.

You're top guy. Lead developer for OXY and RISE, founder of dpostool.com & running a delegates for LISK, SHIFT, RISE and OXY next lol.

Zeru.com
punkrock

Activity: 808
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:43:31 AM

Will there be different numbers of delegates connected to an blockchain app? So does that mean, blockchain app 'A' will have 50 delagates, blockchain app 'B' will have 10 delagates blockchain app 'C' will have 160 delagates? Who decide which blockchain app gets how many delegates?

How many delegates are on each sidechain is determined by the app developers. So, yes. It can and most likely will vary.
In theory, you could run Ethereum on a Lisk sidechain.
bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2220

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 08:28:53 AM

How many delegates are on each sidechain is determined by the app developers. So, yes. It can and most likely will vary.
Is there a maximum limited number of delegates for a sidechain? Can every delegate choose which sidechain he want to support?
kaedcoin

Activity: 408

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:45:51 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 11:08:42 AM by kaedcoin

Hello all,

I'm also working on ledger nano integration for lisk. (Currently i'm still experimenting with it) but -> //image removed in quote//

Cheers to all.

Hi and thanks for your work.

Good to see you actively contributing to LISK while sharing at least 25%.

I Hope every delegate sharing less will change their mind, rise their sharing and stop hiding behind false dilemmas.

LiskPro.com

Activity: 245
Merit: 124

We love blockchain !

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:15:50 AM

To those who said DPOS is ruled by whales, please remind that small fishes can be more powerfull than whales !
Join the movment ...

Good news ... LiberSpirita will refund the 1 LSK spend to all voters how will vote for RobinHood, LiberSpirita and Liskpro.com before the 1st of October !

Imagine, you can vote without losing any LISK ! Yeah : free vote to get more Lisk from the pool. Isn't it beautifull ?
PS : will be fitted inside the next reward !

Smiley

Let's go to the moon.
kaedcoin

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:50:45 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 11:00:53 AM by kaedcoin

To those who said DPOS is ruled by whales, please remind that small fishes can be more powerfull than whales !
Join the movment ...

Good news ... LiberSpirita will refund the 1 LSK spend to all voters how will vote for RobinHood, LiberSpirita and Liskpro.com before the 1st of October !

Imagine, you can vote without losing any LISK ! Yeah : free vote to get more Lisk from the pool. Isn't it beautifull ?

Smiley

I voted for you yesterday. Smiley
And i urge every one to vote for your pool, even if i'm a bad bad bad greedy voter only who does nothing for LSK and doesn't deserve a bigger part of the cake. Cheesy

Hope you'll share at least 25% more LSK (than what it is atm) when you'll become a forging delegate.
LiskPro.com

Activity: 245
Merit: 124

We love blockchain !

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:14:09 AM

Join the movment ...

Smiley

I voted for you yesterday. Smiley
And i urge every one to vote for your pool, even if i'm a bad bad bad greedy voter only who does nothing for LSK and doesn't deserve a bigger part of the cake. Cheesy

Hope you'll share at least 25% more LSK (than what it is atm) when you'll become a forging delegate.

Thank you man !
Of course, when we will be in forging position, we will share more ! and more ! and more !

DPOS system is architected around voters, not around delegates !
Voters must have the voting power ...

Smiley

Let's go to the moon.
denixspe

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:29:38 PM

Join the movment ...

https://i.imgur.com/2y14e9q.jpg

Smiley
Well sir,you have my vote.
mmfiore

Merit: 502

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 02:12:36 PM

I have already select my delegates, and you are in.

But i have a question. when we vote, is the vote still " running " forever ? what is the limitation for voting?

Thanks !

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:04:14 PM

But i have a question. when we vote, is the vote still " running " forever ? what is the limitation for voting?

There is no limit, your (account's) votes will remain the same unless you change them.
nelkins

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 04:57:56 PM

Join the movment ...

https://i.imgur.com/2y14e9q.jpg

Smiley

So do I have to do anything to receive my refund? Or do I vote and after October 1st I receive my refund?   Newby here!
Bonanzacoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:09:33 PM

People, humans. Lets become aliens and bring Lisk in space on Binance. Suggest lisk to list in coin of the month:

https://binance.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001787571

punkrock

Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:11:24 PM

Is there a maximum limited number of delegates for a sidechain? Can every delegate choose which sidechain he want to support?

I don't know how exactly it will work in practice, but most likely like this: You offer your service to secure a sidechain and you get voted in by the sidechain developers.

I have already select my delegates, and you are in.

Thanks !

You can vote for max. 101 delegates. Your votes "run" until you remove them. Use Lisk Nano. It can vote and unvote in one transaction.
kaedcoin

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 05:48:38 PM

IMHO, in the LISK ecosystem, "vote" is a rather inappropriate word for "support" and that's why it can be a bit confusing for beginners : in fact when you vote, you say "i support these people". You say it only one time for each delegate and that count for a full support as long as you don't cancel this support (by "unvoting" them).
Samuray

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:39:37 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 07:52:08 PM by Samuray

Hello everyone!
I just increased my share with my voters from 25% to 50% starting this week!
For more details about my profit distribution and my contributions to Lisk here:https://forum.lisk.io/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=136&hilit=samuray
Stats here:http://samuray.mylisk.com
Vote samuray! - rank 91

Pages: « 1 ... 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 [2092] 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 ... 2269 »
  Print  

Jump to: