Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:18:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin being used for illegal activities  (Read 139719 times)
Anon_7716

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:46:21 AM

I see more and more acrticles of bitcoin being used for illegal activities
will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do wih paying in cash for some services
to harden the use of illegal , and money laundering

Dude, Bitcoin got its start due to that.  The $ is used for every crime in the world so I doubt it.

Yup, all currency in circulation is surely used for illegal transactions. because each person doing transactions using cash, so did the bitcoin. Let alone the bitcoin is a currency without a name, it is highly exploited by the bad guys. but beside that, it actually is not bad, even bitcoin bitcoin is much better than other currencies
JITENDERPAR

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:49:34 AM

Yes bitcoin is used For illegal Activities because Bitcoin is Like Real Money. As we can see that some persons buy drugs and other illegal things with Real money, Then they can Buy these things with Bitcoin because we already Discussed above that Bitcoin is like a Real money, So it can be used For illegal purposes.....

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:55:07 AM

bitcoin is now widely used for the crime. probably due to the use of bitcoin easy so that people do not even use the bitcoin responsible for the crime. it can not be avoided.
Enotche

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:57:56 AM

bitcoin is now widely used for the crime. probably due to the use of bitcoin easy so that people do not even use the bitcoin responsible for the crime. it can not be avoided.
I think that most criminals choose Bitcoin for their dirty deeds because they think it is completely anonymous, believes stereotypes, most likely it's just a lack of knowledge. Bitcoin is a pseudo-anonymous, and that helps intelligence agencies to calculate the criminals. Suffice it to read the news of their capture.
katrimans

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:47:58 AM

yes you are right, it is the problem with people that how they use bitcoin, bitcoin is only a currency and with that good people do good activities while those people who have black mind do wrongs with that.

Black mind? That sounds a little racist lol im not sure that's what you meant or anything but BTC is used for illegal activities and the best we can do to stop it is just to stay away from it ourselves and make sure our friends dont do it.

You have to look at the bright side of btc sometimes and the brightside is we're making bank off of something online.

If black mind is racist, so is black market or black sheep.
Bitcoin being used for illegal activities does no harm to it, except in the minds of people who don't realize it is just a tool.
Technology enables good guys as well as bad guys.

No i dont think that black mind is racist at all but i think the fact that he used black over any other word i do think is sort of racist in their own way, he honestly could have said dark mind or corrupt mind , but no he chose to say "Black" mind. I really dont understand why
Some times we run out of word. It is not a big deal until we take it as a bad word. If the word black is bad. Then you must stop using your car because it has black tire ! its all upon the user how they wanna use it !

Black mind means ill minded which is doing illegal activities.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 12:28:20 PM

yes you are right, it is the problem with people that how they use bitcoin, bitcoin is only a currency and with that good people do good activities while those people who have black mind do wrongs with that.

Black mind? That sounds a little racist lol im not sure that's what you meant or anything but BTC is used for illegal activities and the best we can do to stop it is just to stay away from it ourselves and make sure our friends dont do it.

You have to look at the bright side of btc sometimes and the brightside is we're making bank off of something online.

Bitcoin being used for illegal activities does no harm to it, except in the minds of people who don't realize it is just a tool.

Saying some peole they have blace mind isnt racist. And indeed black mind people does the bad thing. It is on you how you use
bitoins. But people also uses it for converting black money into white and off course money laundering !
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:46:37 PM

will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do with paying in cash for some services

People already do that with traditional money, and if we used the space money they used in south park, then we would probably be doing that as well. When I say "we" then I mean mankind as whole/species. As long as there is a means to achieve desired goals, that means will be exploited and milked to the max. If in 100 years the entire planet is using TimeUnits, then again another person in the timeunittalk forum will ask "Is TimeUnit being used for illegal activities". Hopefully by that time the mindset of our species is a bit more educated overall so the answer can be a simple "no".  Grin
LuckGone100

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

Always Unlucky :P

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:48:56 PM

no man why bitcoin should be illegal.. bitcoin not illegal people just use it as a illegal way.. and yeah u will use it good or bad way.. depend on user.. thnx Smiley

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
yhansky

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:51:14 PM

Yes definitely , bitcoin was already been used in illegal activities on the darknet and dark market places.
Beacuse bitcoin is anynomous it can be used in crime or drugs..
Iceborn

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 02:56:24 PM

Off course are bitcoins used for illegal activities because it is one of the most used things for criminals becasue the bitcoins cant be traced.
So they like to pay others with this bitcoins i also think that allot of terrorists are using payments with bitcoins.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:46:08 PM

Off course are bitcoins used for illegal activities because it is one of the most used things for criminals becasue the bitcoins cant be traced.
So they like to pay others with this bitcoins i also think that allot of terrorists are using payments with bitcoins.

I don't believed in "most used". It was just an option but it's not commonly used.

Still fiat and other physical is commonly used because it's to access compare to bitcoin when dealing in physical transactions.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 04:51:06 PM

This is a duh question, but it leads to a better one; what isn't being used as a form of illegal value store/transfer? Of course fiat and btc are being used to launder/move value for illegal transactions. I'm pretty sure there are even some using gold and silver. But did you remember washing detergent?

How Tide Detergent Became a Drug Currency -- New York Magazine
http://nymag.com/news/features/tide-detergent-drugs-2013-1/
ning_chang

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:05:40 PM

will this hurt bitcoin in the long run , will governments ban this just like they started to do wih paying in cash for some services
yes it is possible bitcoin and maybe he used the illegal activities. kase bitcoin is like money. payment can be used to purchase drugs or buying illegal. but that just depending on the person. if he used bitcoin ing illegal activities. but
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:13:08 PM

did you've a proof with of your sayings about it, as I know bitcoin most widely used for gambling like in Europe and America. do you know what exchange they are using?

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:02:01 PM

Saying some peole they have blace mind isnt racist. And indeed black mind people does the bad thing. It is on you how you use
bitoins. But people also uses it for converting black money into white and off course money laundering !
Nothing is considered racist as long as nobody mentions the word 'racist' and unfortunately, somebody did mention racist because he's probably a little oversensitive with words.Bitcoin isn't bad. It's the users who are influencing the reputation of bitcoins and it's true that bitcoins are usually used for illegal activities in the deep web.
qebtrix

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 08:40:05 PM

bitcoin was used for illegal stuff and it will always be used for that i think
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 09:19:43 PM

Bitcoin is used for illegal activities but so are many other currencies, I do not see how this could effect the Bitcoin price.
Lol I think the illegal activity will not give adverse effects to the price of bitcoin. something bitcoin transaction will be highly confidential. so maybe everyone does not know which of illegal transactions?
abugseuf

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 10:13:27 PM

Bitcoin is used for illegal activities but so are many other currencies, I do not see how this could effect the Bitcoin price.
Lol I think the illegal activity will not give adverse effects to the price of bitcoin. something bitcoin transaction will be highly confidential. so maybe everyone does not know which of illegal transactions?
i think in this world every flat or electronic currencies must be used for illegal activities. then why are we talking only about bitcoin. is the reason is that some people want to devalue it.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 11:56:16 PM

Lol of course it does not give a bad effect on bitcoin. whoever will not know that you're going to perform illegal transactions such as buying drugs using bitcoin? although the transaction transaparance but people will not know the purpose of your bitcoin transaction so not bad effect for this illegal activity?

avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1507

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 04:26:53 AM

Everything has two sides, one is positive and another one is negative. But we need to see that where is the majority.

I think majority of bitcoin users are using it in a legal way and just a handful of them are using it for illegal transactions. However, this does not decrease the importance of bitcoin. Bitcoin is a life changing innovation and one should use bitcoin to make their dreams come true. Criminals will be there but does it really bothers you?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: