Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:29:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH?  (Read 198763 times)
BitLoans

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 09:21:09 PM

The hype is far from being finished. The price is resisting to the 0,03BTC cap. I still believe in a big resurgence in price after all the weak hands sold their precious ETH. I love how jealous people criticize Ethereum because they did not had their slice of the pie Cheesy !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 09:52:34 PM

Crap. Worst case, I missed out on the day-trade from hell.
Any thoughts on how ETH gets affected by the BTC halving early July?
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 03:18:20 AM

I'm not quite sure how it all works technically, but if you split from the DAO before any proposal is approved, you just get your ETH back and the tokens themselves are burned forever.

Ok, thanks.

yefi, are you still a skeptic on ETH? We discussed this "bubble" for too many pages in this thread haha.

Yes, the current rally hasn't come as a surprise to me, and can be interpreted as the the 'return to normal' phase of a bubble. What I would be looking for to signal a new high would be a breach of 0.03 (well, 0.03247 to be precise).
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16577

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2016, 07:32:21 AM

Any thoughts on how ETH gets affected by the BTC halving early July?
I'm not sure if BTC mining equipment can be used for ETH, but the halving must accelerate the rate of mining equipment becoming obsolete. If (and I'm just speculating here) those miners can use their equipment to turn a profit on other cryptocurrencies, hash rates there can increase a lot while bitcoin's hash rate goes down a little.

Yes, the current rally hasn't come as a surprise to me, and can be interpreted as the the 'return to normal' phase of a bubble.
You can never say what's the normal until after the moment. We'll see in a few months if the current 0.02795 BTC value holds for ETH.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 07:35:45 AM

Eth is going up again. I am still not moving BTC (back) into ETH, as I am still expecting it to go down. But I must admit I didn't expect this (anymore) after the first big drop in value.
I would have wanted to

I am happy Bitcoin is no longer moving down when Etherium goes up. Does that mean Etherium is now more bought with fiat directly instead of with Bitcoin? Currently both coins go up, Etherium goes up faster than Bitcoin increases against the dollar, but Bitcoin is less volatile.

Something I've learned - Don't fight the trend. Now, if you believe in Ethereum (or any coin for that matter), just go long and close the books. I'm not sure what is going to happen in this space. I love Ethereum but also like LISK and some of the other techs coming - spread out your bets. This space is a little baby and it can run and make no sense.

I'm not sure about that relationship you mention. I just can't imagine that when BTC breaks up (or down) out of this triangle that ETH won't do the opposite. Remember, as great as ETH is, BTC is already proven in real world transactions. We are not sure what ETH can do at this point.

Good luck,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:03:53 AM

Eth is going up again. I am still not moving BTC (back) into ETH, as I am still expecting it to go down. But I must admit I didn't expect this (anymore) after the first big drop in value.
I would have wanted to

I am happy Bitcoin is no longer moving down when Etherium goes up. Does that mean Etherium is now more bought with fiat directly instead of with Bitcoin? Currently both coins go up, Etherium goes up faster than Bitcoin increases against the dollar, but Bitcoin is less volatile.

I expected it.. and again & again.
It's how this stuff works.

You can tell early on who is a long con'er and will not leave.
It was obvious they were not going to let up..

The associated pump'ers are simply running cycles on your ass's.
In 2016 this is old news.. unless your a cocky idiot noob profiteers who *thinks* he knows things.
Then good luck with your "profits" smart guys ROFL

It's all rather predictable.

For example Startcoin was "prepped" in a similar way and i expect it to play out about the same.
You can see this crap a mile away if you have been doing this shit long enough and have common sense
and pay attention.

And anyone that has cried FUD is probably stupid.
It means they lack the physical ability to be observant and objective
and when trading that is 90% of the skill needed.

Whale food peanuts babies profiteers liek omg i made 1 Bitcojn i am leetz tradorz !
HODl to line and lambo's train moon i aemz to having he ETH 678999f billioon trillion market cap.
Anon air drop crwod fundZ IPO inveSTAR goink for teh WIN i am pro leetz trador !

Altcoins ..digital pyramid scheme coins that are accepted NO WHERE.
Used to trade on exchanges so rich people can "Pump" them and poor loser dipshits can bran about making 50 cents all on corrupt exchanges that manipulate & control and close down randomly.. oops i wuz haxed.

What kind of a retard fucking dipshit keeps falling for the same scam 1,000's & 1,000's of times ?
You guys !

Apparently no matter how many 1,000's of coins come out the NEXT one is the ONE LIEK OMG BUY BUY !!
It amuses my balls off how you all just jump from the next one to the next one year after year
coin after coin ..in the thousands !
And then have the fucking nerve to try and deny that it's not all just a pyramid scheme.
That is precisely what this shit is and has been for years now.

It could be "Give a Baby AID's IPO/ICO Coin" and you Investards would scream TAKE MY MONEY NOW !
..then quietly dump them.  Roll Eyes

I come here to laugh at you Investards Grin
Dance profiteers.. amuse me clowns !

FUD first & ask questions later™
ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 09:11:13 AM

I would have wanted to

In 2016 this is old news.. unless your a cocky idiot noob profiteers who *thinks* he knows things.

For example Startcoin was "prepped" in a similar way and i expect it to play out about the same.
You can see this crap a mile away if you have been doing this shit long enough and have common sense
and pay attention.

Whale food peanuts babies profiteers liek omg i made 1 Bitcojn i am leetz tradorz !
HODl to line and lambo's train moon i aemz to having he ETH 678999f billioon trillion market cap.
Anon air drop crwod fundZ IPO inveSTAR goink for teh WIN i am pro leetz trador !

Used to trade on exchanges so rich people can "Pump" them and poor loser dipshits can bran about making 50 cents all on corrupt exchanges that manipulate & control and close down randomly.. oops i wuz haxed.

What kind of a retard fucking dipshit keeps falling for the same scam 1,000's & 1,000's of times ?
You guys !

Apparently no matter how many 1,000's of coins come out the NEXT one is the ONE LIEK OMG BUY BUY !!
It amuses my balls off how you all just jump from the next one to the next one year after year
And then have the fucking nerve to try and deny that it's not all just a pyramid scheme.

It could be "Give a Baby AID's IPO/ICO Coin" and you Investards would scream TAKE MY MONEY NOW !

You sure are some kind of special - nothing you ever say has been right or currently is. So maybe you and r0ach can go butt fuck eachother.
yefi
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 11:34:38 AM

This certainly went higher than I thought it would. I jettisoned around 0.028 on the way up. Thought I was going to get my stop order at .0325 filled  Shocked
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 02:48:15 PM

This certainly went higher than I thought it would. I jettisoned around 0.028 on the way up. Thought I was going to get my stop order at .0325 filled  Shocked

I'm not sure if it will stop there the way things are going...we'll definitely see some blood close to the DAO creation, perhaps a little earlier than expected. But having 11m ETH and counting locked in the DAO had a big impact I think.
fricircled

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 06:50:28 PM

I'm not sure if it will stop there the way things are going...we'll definitely see some blood close to the DAO creation, perhaps a little earlier than expected. But having 11m ETH and counting locked in the DAO had a big impact I think.

11 million Ethereum is quite a lot. It is almost 15% of the Ethereum locked at the moment. When the DAO finishes, there might be 20 million Ethereum.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1406

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 18, 2016, 10:51:31 PM

Will the exchanges list DAO/ETH or DAO/BTC? 

I think DAO/BTC and DAO/Fiat is more appropriate for them because DAO/ETH won't have any volume imo.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sanadas

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 12:59:11 PM

Will the exchanges list DAO/ETH or DAO/BTC? 

I think DAO/BTC and DAO/Fiat is more appropriate for them because DAO/ETH won't have any volume imo.

DAO is more like an investment fund. So it is different from the Eth/BTC pair. Should that trading be regulated?

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 01:10:47 PM

Damn ETH.

I can understand why spoetnik says what he does for MOST coins.

But well some of the "big ones" all entail manipulation now and it seems those are the ones whales or rich BTC folks wanna have "make it".  Or is that all BS too?
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:02:06 PM

Hope you are not still in complete denial and started to actually make some money, I told you about Coinbase months ago, the first "bubble" was just the beginning.
yefi
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:36:38 PM

Hope you are not still in complete denial and started to actually make some money, I told you about Coinbase months ago, the first "bubble" was just the beginning.

My decisions are not the result of denial, for I have never said that Ethereum, or any other alt for that matter, could not displace Bitcoin. Rather, they are my attempt at maximizing my probability of profit. I have done better at this than most here, from Eth to Maid, to Expanse, to Factom, even to Boolberry, even to Arch.
ProfessionalGoogler

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 08:40:00 PM

I would have wanted to

and pay attention.

You guys !

please get the  fuck out of here r0ach  Roll Eyes
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 09:04:17 PM

My decisions are not the result of denial, for I have never said that Ethereum, or any other alt for that matter, could not displace Bitcoin. Rather, they are my attempt at maximizing my probability of profit. I have done better at this than most here, from Eth to Maid, to Expanse, to Factom, even to Boolberry, even to Arch.

Well maybe I'm confusing some of your older posts with others off the top of my head but I thought you dismissed ETH as a mere bubble like any other alt. While we agreed it was in a temporary bubble, ETH was a different animal like I explained. I'm not an ETH fanboy, I was just trying you to recognize that the value of ETH was in its huge potential, it was clear it will kept growing, too much interest and development. Maid, Expanse, Factom will NEVER get to challenge BTC this way or get to Coinbase to accept them...(well maybe know that Ethereum basically rebrand them into a full fledged exchange).
yefi
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2016, 10:27:25 PM

Well maybe I'm confusing some of your older posts with others off the top of my head but I thought you dismissed ETH as a mere bubble like any other alt. While we agreed it was in a temporary bubble, ETH was a different animal like I explained. I'm not an ETH fanboy, I was just trying you to recognize that the value of ETH was in its huge potential, it was clear it will kept growing, too much interest and development. Maid, Expanse, Factom will NEVER get to challenge BTC this way or get to Coinbase to accept them...(well maybe know that Ethereum basically rebrand them into a full fledged exchange).

It is a bubble to me, and is storing up great disappointment,  but I've never suffixed this with "like any other alt". In fact, I have several times compared it to Bitcoin's bubbles.

Further, I do not observe such a distinction between Bitcoin, Ethereum and other alts. For me, it is all relative.
spike420211

Activity: 1610
Merit: 372

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 01:47:58 AM

Just daytradin'...

stop order set slightly above .035 BTC.[covers my odd buy below LOL]

Q: regarding DAO's... I bought 10 @ 1.37 ETH on Poloniex, crapshoot or we got awhiles to wait yet???
pump trump

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 06:10:12 AM

Looking for re buy here:
https://www.coinigy.com/s/i/573eaa22/
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: