Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:12:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [IOTA] IOTA Speculation  (Read 127520 times)
coinimik

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 04:15:02 AM

hi,

i like tu but IOTA.

please make me an offer.

Thanks
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinFreedom

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:27:21 AM

How would this boost the ecosystem?
Yes, I'd like to get further clarification on this too. How do you feel it would boost the ecosystem by a LOT?
I really don't feel like selling. I feel like it's like giving away a portion of a winning lottery ticket. But I am open to ideas. If Iota holders sell millions of units to these potential large buyers and give them preferential treatment (below market rate) what type of preferential treatment could the Iota ecosystem get in return? [hypothetically of course]

They are very well known and influential. If they own some decent amount of coins, they will promote iota more effectively than anyone else and bring projects to iota. Their involvement alone can be a huge marketing asset for iota. Additionally, they can bring projects to iota. It is not hypothetical. They have done it with other coins in the history.

If you have coins and be able to make commitment, you should contact David for more questions.

The way I see it, if they are very well known and influential in the Bitcoin space it means they have been around the industry for a long time and most likely have much more money than me. In that case, being early cryptocurrency adopters, they can afford to buy Iota tokens on the open market like everybody else.

If Iota is as revolutionary and useful as it seems to be it will grow on its own merit without the need to pay for outside spokespeople. As the Iota ecosystem and brand naturally grows and these influential people who missed who ICO realize the direction it's heading (they seem to have done so already), they will buy in and create a position for themselves anyway. At that point they can start cheer-leading as much as they like. No need to give them preferential treatment.

That's not to say I don't believe in marketing. It's important. The more mainstream articles mention Iota especially, the better it is for the project. But I personally prefer Ludom's approach of creating a crowd-sourced Iota Fund for marketing purposes. If no further clarification is provided regarding these big influential buyers I will simply donate to that fund.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:47:42 AM

Yes, I'd like to get further clarification on this too. How do you feel it would boost the ecosystem by a LOT?
I really don't feel like selling. I feel like it's like giving away a portion of a winning lottery ticket. But I am open to ideas. If Iota holders sell millions of units to these potential large buyers and give them preferential treatment (below market rate) what type of preferential treatment could the Iota ecosystem get in return? [hypothetically of course]

They are very well known and influential. If they own some decent amount of coins, they will promote iota more effectively than anyone else and bring projects to iota. Their involvement alone can be a huge marketing asset for iota. Additionally, they can bring projects to iota. It is not hypothetical. They have done it with other coins in the history.

I hope it's not Bob surplus and his scam crew.
avkinp

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 07:13:17 AM

WTS 321 787 IOTAs for 10BTC(0.00003108),
My account ATWJ9FWGRAO9YCXWZFGVDXOIYTY9S9CPCSOJGPYKFBTKBRPLAJF9ZNBMA9MKHROTTKWCXYUHB9YZW9G TZ  having 2 321 787IOTAs.

Confirming the deal by signing message from address i used for crowdsale 13yszJtyqK8imxgU5gRBNDuKYDNa9bvKRU.

PM me.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:09:59 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2016, 08:27:01 AM by cryptoknightt

If you have coins and be able to make commitment, you should contact David for more questions.

The way I see it, if they are very well known and influential in the Bitcoin space it means they have been around the industry for a long time and most likely have much more money than me. In that case, being early cryptocurrency adopters, they can afford to buy Iota tokens on the open market like everybody else.

If Iota is as revolutionary and useful as it seems to be it will grow on its own merit without the need to pay for outside spokespeople. As the Iota ecosystem and brand naturally grows and these influential people who missed who ICO realize the direction it's heading (they seem to have done so already), they will buy in and create a position for themselves anyway. At that point they can start cheer-leading as much as they like. No need to give them preferential treatment.

That's not to say I don't believe in marketing. It's important. The more mainstream articles mention Iota especially, the better it is for the project. But I personally prefer Ludom's approach of creating a crowd-sourced Iota Fund for marketing purposes. If no further clarification is provided regarding these big influential buyers I will simply donate to that fund.

You coin holders out there hang onto your iotas, unless they are going to pay the market rate.

Just the fact that they are able to buy in a large chunk, which would be a hassle to do on an exchange is bending over for these guys enough. The fact that these individuals are kept a secret  before the deal is already made also speaks volumes.

If they believe in Iota are really going to help it they can pay what anyone else would pay. The fact that they demand a discount is worrisome. We can do without them. They want in they can pay like everyone else. Especially jl777 (still a great guy btw)
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:26:13 AM

No offense CoinFreedom, but you seem very inexperienced in the world of business. Why would someone who's association alone will boost IOTA potentially 100s of % buy at market rate when the community earns more than them by just by having them on board? Asking a strategic key partner to buy at the current (pre-liquidity) rate is like being a parasite on them, we want to get everything for free, that's not how the world works. This is about playing the cards right.

I have said this probably 20 times by now, but I'll repeat it again: IOTA Is not some esoteric "decentralize the universe" movement, it's a genuine project to establish an IoT standard, this means we have to operate within the real world, not some ideological concept.

iotatoken

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:27:57 AM

You coin holders out there hang onto your iotas, unless they are going to pay the market rate.

Just the fact that they are able to buy in a large chunk, which would be a hassle to do on an exchange is bending over for these guys enough. The fact that these individuals are kept a secret  before the deal is already made also speaks volumes.

If they believe in Iota are really going to help it they can pay what anyone else would pay. The fact that they demand a discount is worrisome. We can do without them. They want in they can pay like everyone else. Especially jl777 (still a great guy btw)

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You are the first IOTA holder I have met with such a non-productive line of thinking.

cryptoknightt

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:39:03 AM

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You are the first IOTA holder I have met with such a non-productive line of thinking.

Of course I don't know all the details, they are not public knowledge yet. But by the time it is, it will be too late.

They will also gain much more than us. We will not gain more than them. Is it jl777?
iotatoken

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:40:31 AM

Of course I don't know all the details, they are not public knowledge yet. But by the time it is, it will be too late.

They will also gain much more than us, we will not gain more than them. Is it jl777?

No, this is much bigger than Jl777. While Jl777 and his project is big in terms of the niche altcoin world, his projects are not known on a global scale by the outside world, these guys are. And just to make it even easier to understand: I have spoken with Jl777 (he's already a big holder of IOTA) about this deal and he's very open to it, of course needing more details, but he understand the value of it.

cryptoknightt

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:47:17 AM

They will also gain much more than us, we will not gain more than them. Is it jl777?

No, this is much bigger than Jl777. While Jl777 and his project is big in terms of the niche altcoin world, his projects are not known on a global scale by the outside world, these guys are. And just to make it even easier to understand: I have spoken with Jl777 (he's already a big holder of IOTA) about this deal and he's very open to it, of course needing more details, but he understand the value of it.

Interesting. So if they are THAT influential, perhaps we should lay out the red carpet. Global scale, huh?

I see.

How much lower are they asking for.
MvpLineup

Activity: 55

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 09:15:23 AM

What about the unclaimed Iota's?  Last I heard there we're ~11-12 million.  If this is such a huge deal, maybe have the community vote on using the unclaimed iota's for this purpose?
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:21:14 AM

What about the unclaimed Iota's?  Last I heard there we're ~11-12 million.  If this is such a huge deal, maybe have the community vote on using the unclaimed iota's for this purpose?

Interesting idea! And the funds from this (below marketplace price) sale can go to the foundation directly! win-win approach

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
iotatoken

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:22:16 AM

We got other plans for most of those and it's no longer 11 million either.

Again: this is an offer for the community to choose how much they want IOTA to grow, IOTA is not magic beans.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:33:56 AM

Is it jl777?

No, this is much bigger than Jl777.

Is it Bobsurplus? I heard he's way fatter than James.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:39:24 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 07:46:27 AM by child_harold

After closing my sale I continued to receive PM's and I buckled once twice more.

Congrats to Oinas and csdndownload!!

0.5 BTC sent from Oinas. 20K IOTA paid for.
TXID: 8579a67c572b97c918478656a4e6d093ad1adbb5d8c00d82d28785179a30214c

Signature:
Code:
IA81ToZ/mmpXNH4TbK2GOTMKtwYqfauWRK9AMC7UA8uPQETrGSWW3BN0sNz0C/y6tvZDl2DivsEppXtujrNujCg=

Code:
0.5 BTC sent from csdndownload. 20K IOTA paid for.
TXID: b7796e7ee23401406c8a5d9ff87653d07ec290cd20a1416b4ca23aa9e7d59b25

Signature:
Code:
IFCXtXyIdjKOSV4NAiAM8Zsroq33wZvAe7XhgtXItoeCSa25fzchff+JsMndzEAbZFzKWYn96BbjCqWw45IG24Q=

Here follows the final list:

#1: 10K IOTA for 0.25 BTC - naj
#2: 14K IOTA for 0.35 BTC- schnib
#3: 20K IOTA for 0.5 BTC- josegines
#4: 40K IOTA for 1 BTC- svensoncoins
#5: 10K IOTA for 0.25 BTC- Cizzen
#6: 20K IOTA for 0.5 BTC- DeeDee
#7: 50K IOTA for 1.25 BTC- zercrypt
#8: 40K IOTA for 1 BTC- Alon763
#9: 180K IOTA for 4.5 BTC- simpleth
#10: 20K IOTA for 0.5 BTC- wesgen
#11: 40K IOTA for 1 BTC- axum
#12: 40K IOTA for 1 BTC- xeret
#13: 40K IOTA for 1 BTC- micoleo
#14: 120K IOTA for 3 BTC- frankzewer
#15: 50K IOTA for 1.25 BTC- BigIotaBig
#16: 20K IOTA for 0.5 BTC- Oinas
#17: 20K IOTA for 0.5 BTC- csdndownload

Thanks to all participants.
No more PM's requesting IOTA please.

Ill update this thread shortly after launch when GUI wallets are available.
Im gonna wait a few hours to see how stable things look before sending the IOTA (since I have no idea what to expect) and will be in contact with all the buyers during this process.

youyou_

Activity: 596

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:57:19 AM

Is it jl777?

Bobsurplus looks like a pump&dumper. I bet David definitely avoid this kind of guy...
iotatoken

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:58:32 AM

Is it jl777?

Bobsurplus looks like a pump&dumper. I bet David definitely avoid this kind of guy...

I don't even know who that is. I deal in the real world of business and tech, not the shadow landscape of forum crypto world Smiley

Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:07:45 AM

Hey Iotatoken can you disclose some rough price range at which the big potential buyers are interested in? I think this is key info.

iotatoken

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:32:45 AM

Hey Iotatoken can you disclose some rough price range at which the big potential buyers are interested in? I think this is key info.

There's no reason to do that publicly before this goes from just being a 'potential' to something actual. First we need to pool enough together, otherwise it won't happen.

Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 10:54:49 AM

There's no reason to do that publicly before this goes from just being a 'potential' to something actual. First we need to pool enough together, otherwise it won't happen.

Ok. Hopefully this comes to a fruition. I can give 5k to the pool once we launch, I know it's not much but I don't have any income atm and my IOTA stash isn't that huge.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: