Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:33:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC to 5000$ soon  (Read 36680 times)
AsaroUk

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:10:24 PM

My prediction is only up to $ 1,000
 Wink
It would be nice of the price is going to $5000 soon but that is not going to happen. I think that we will need at least 3 more years for the price to be that high.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Galiatram

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 02:19:36 PM

We have seen the surge in the gold's market cap lately. This is just the beginning, the first cracks in the current financial paradigm. The problem with gold is that it is physical and thus poses a psychological problem to mainstream investors when it becomes scarce due to extreme demand. The investors will see that they could physically only acquire a miserable and pathetic looking amount of gold (as it has become "too expensive") so they will run into silver. But silver too, has the same intrinsic problem.

So far, bitcoin's deception has lied in the fact that we are presented the idea that one bitcoin is divisible up to 8 decimal places which gives the false image of a bitcoin being a floating point number. In reality block rewards are represented by unsigned integers. Thus instead of 1 bitcoin one has 100 000 000 satoshis. To break the psychological barrier of 1 bitcoin costing too much we should just switch to satoshis. The latter will be plausible when BTC rises in value.

The market cap of gold is $7,252,708,420,909.
The market cap of bitcoin is $ 6,549,170,380 (0.082% of gold's).

I can say that gold is already psychologically too expensive for an average Joe on the street. Imagine when it grows 5x as it has done previously during financial collapses. Owning a gram of gold doesn't make you feel good about it, it feels sad as it is just a tiny speck. So, naturally, other stores of value will gain popularity. If bitcoin was only 1% of gold's market cap, it would already cost more than 5000$ per BTC. If 1 bitcoin costed 5k, then 1 satoshi would be 0.00005$. The world's least valuable currency Iranian Rial trades at 0.00004$ . So after 5k $ bitcoins it would be nothing new to this world to have satoshis for the main units to represent the value of your bitcoins. The world has already seen such a situation in Iran.

Daily recommended minimum amount of money for food per person is 10.72 $. With 5000$ BTC, a daily meal would then cost 214400 satoshis. Let's be honest, 200 000 is not that big of a number any more to be uncomfortable to use in daily basis. This is also the reason why poor countries could adopt bitcoin more easily. They are already used to making transactions of such order of magnitude in their currency units.
i dont think this is really true because if you know he is now around the 600 dollar each and you say 5000 soon i dont htink he will rise that much these year maybe up to the 1000 but 5000 is a kind to much.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 08, 2016, 03:29:28 PM

There is a possiblity that the 5000 dollar will ever be reached but I honestly do not see this happen if I'm honest this amount its just too high.
I think the 2500 dollar is a number that is more realistic.

Instead of doubting just focus on the now instead then.

I mean yeah, the # seems out of reach obviously but if you look at the price now - its on track towards the 1st break through for $1k marker.

I already can see it going to $700 since we broke $540 already.

$700 is not difficult to achieve now, it will be there soon, may be at the time of halving this price is expected to watch and we are positively moving towards it.

Reaching $700 is a more than difficult target for the price than you realize. If China keeps pumping like they did some days ago, then the chances of seeing $700 are quite realistic, but the thing is that exchanges in Europe and the USA don't follow China all the way. Even if China reaches $700 then other exchanges will stay around $40-$50 behind with their exchange rate. In order to see these exchanges reach $700 Chinese exchanges have to pump the price to $750.

not entirely correct.

even though the Chinese markets often lead, when the price is stable for long enough, the other markets will draw closer to china.

so if china remains stable at $700 for a day or 3 than the other exchanges will slowly climb towards $700 from $650 over the course of about 3 days or so. or $695 or maybe even overshoot to $705 (but that's quite rare, although it does happen sometimes).

of course if china drops from there the west will never get that high, and if china keeps climbing the west will often lagg behind.
Shiver

Activity: 248
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:12:51 AM

I think the price is way overvalued as it stands (if judging by its current utility value), but at the same time I'm Long on the market - mostly a HODLer, a user where possible, and I 'play' at trading small amounts.

So why would someone who thinks the price is too high be Long?  Well, I can see the potential for it to become one of the world changing technologies, and if that should happen then it will likely be (imho) one of those things that go "slowly at first, then all at once".

If you cast your mind back to the days where it was worth pennies, the very idea that it could be worth more than 'real' (LOL) money like a USD or a GBP was preposterous.  Now you could say that in just a small number of years it's one of the most valuable currencies out there - way over silver, and snapping at the heels of gold, and that's just one use case, the other uses are possibly way larger markets than merely being a remittance facilitator.

So I'd say it's probably worth a lot less than its price if looking at today's market, but if looking at it as a long term bet then I wouldn't be all that surprised to see it add 1, 2, or even 3 more zeros on the end of current price a couple of decades from now.  So much so that I'm prepared to lose all to find out.  I know I'm not alone in that concept - probably a lot of cavemen died in learning what you can and can't eat for health or poison.  I'm just one of those Darwin dummies, expendable to nature in order to seek out optima.

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 06:46:56 AM

My prediction is only up to $ 1,000
 Wink
It would be nice of the price is going to $5000 soon but that is not going to happen. I think that we will need at least 3 more years for the price to be that high.

LOL, Every time you have a day dream, have certain limitations. This seems to be something strange expecting such a high price.I did a good calculation by comparing with gold capital. Everything happens as calculated only if it gets universal acceptance same as gold.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:20:24 AM

We have seen the surge in the gold's market cap lately. This is just the beginning, the first cracks in the current financial paradigm. The problem with gold is that it is physical and thus poses a psychological problem to mainstream investors when it becomes scarce due to extreme demand. The investors will see that they could physically only acquire a miserable and pathetic looking amount of gold (as it has become "too expensive") so they will run into silver. But silver too, has the same intrinsic problem.

So far, bitcoin's deception has lied in the fact that we are presented the idea that one bitcoin is divisible up to 8 decimal places which gives the false image of a bitcoin being a floating point number. In reality block rewards are represented by unsigned integers. Thus instead of 1 bitcoin one has 100 000 000 satoshis. To break the psychological barrier of 1 bitcoin costing too much we should just switch to satoshis. The latter will be plausible when BTC rises in value.

I can say that gold is already psychologically too expensive for an average Joe on the street. Imagine when it grows 5x as it has done previously during financial collapses. Owning a gram of gold doesn't make you feel good about it, it feels sad as it is just a tiny speck. So, naturally, other stores of value will gain popularity. If bitcoin was only 1% of gold's market cap, it would already cost more than 5000$ per BTC. If 1 bitcoin costed 5k, then 1 satoshi would be 0.00005$. The world's least valuable currency Iranian Rial trades at 0.00004$ . So after 5k $ bitcoins it would be nothing new to this world to have satoshis for the main units to represent the value of your bitcoins. The world has already seen such a situation in Iran.

Daily recommended minimum amount of money for food per person is 10.72 $. With 5000$ BTC, a daily meal would then cost 214400 satoshis. Let's be honest, 200 000 is not that big of a number any more to be uncomfortable to use in daily basis. This is also the reason why poor countries could adopt bitcoin more easily. They are already used to making transactions of such order of magnitude in their currency units.

Yeah definitely, I think that bitcoin has the best chance out of all cryptocurrencies to reach $5000. And it's going to be in the mid term, maximum of around 10 years, a decade or so.

It's simply a matter of time till people realise that fiat currencies are trash and move to something else. And as gold is not as portable as bitcoin, and as we're moving towards virtual currencies at an enormous pace, bitcoin is the answer.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 09:55:20 AM

There is a possiblity that the 5000 dollar will ever be reached but I honestly do not see this happen if I'm honest this amount its just too high.
I think the 2500 dollar is a number that is more realistic.

Instead of doubting just focus on the now instead then.

I mean yeah, the # seems out of reach obviously but if you look at the price now - its on track towards the 1st break through for $1k marker.

I already can see it going to $700 since we broke $540 already.

$700 is not difficult to achieve now, it will be there soon, may be at the time of halving this price is expected to watch and we are positively moving towards it.

Reaching $700 is a more than difficult target for the price than you realize. If China keeps pumping like they did some days ago, then the chances of seeing $700 are quite realistic, but the thing is that exchanges in Europe and the USA don't follow China all the way. Even if China reaches $700 then other exchanges will stay around $40-$50 behind with their exchange rate. In order to see these exchanges reach $700 Chinese exchanges have to pump the price to $750.

not entirely correct.

even though the Chinese markets often lead, when the price is stable for long enough, the other markets will draw closer to china.

so if china remains stable at $700 for a day or 3 than the other exchanges will slowly climb towards $700 from $650 over the course of about 3 days or so. or $695 or maybe even overshoot to $705 (but that's quite rare, although it does happen sometimes).

of course if china drops from there the west will never get that high, and if china keeps climbing the west will often lagg behind.

The good thing is that right now there is only a difference of around $10 instead of the gigantic $40-$50 when China pumped to $600 and other exchanges refused to follow.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 10:33:41 AM

other crypto couldn't win this challenge against btc.
It's quite impossible they can reach this amazing value, and even if one day they can, it means btc value would literally EXPLODE!
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2016, 02:54:35 PM

I'm so happy to read so many people disagreeing with it so boldly. This means it has become a really realistic possibility because the majority is always wrong.
You know that this is not going to happen soon, if it happens then I am going to be shocked that is for sure. For the price to be this high is possible in 2017 or 2018 but not now.
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 06:15:41 PM

I'm so happy to read so many people disagreeing with it so boldly. This means it has become a really realistic possibility because the majority is always wrong.
You know that this is not going to happen soon, if it happens then I am going to be shocked that is for sure. For the price to be this high is possible in 2017 or 2018 but not now.

You said 2017  Grin
as if it wasn't soon... it's less than a year till 2017

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
sanadas

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 07:17:51 AM

You said 2017  Grin

2017 is just 6 months away. But I think the price will not be $5000 in 2017. If it does reach that level, it will also drop to $500.

ClamCoin

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 07:19:03 AM

If you're right and we see $5000 soon (+/- 3 years) I'll personally send you $1000 usd and a case of beer.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 07:33:28 AM

If you're right and we see $5000 soon (+/- 3 years) I'll personally send you $1000 usd and a case of beer.

I will remember you to do so pal!! Wink
In 3 years many things can happen, and believe it or not, $5000 per coin is definitely possible imo.
Requirement is Bitcoin keeps improving in terms of technology, ease uf use, growth, adoption and still will be the number 1 of all the cryptos.
ClamCoin

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 07:37:28 AM

In 3 years many things can happen, and believe it or not, $5000 per coin is definitely possible imo.
Requirement is Bitcoin keeps improving in terms of technology, ease uf use, growth, adoption and still will be the number 1 of all the cryptos.

Hell, I don't care if its the number 50 crypto as long as its worth 5k each. And please do remember me and this post because I'm sure i'll forget.
fravia

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 08:07:23 AM

i think it is too early now to predict price like that in the future, as i am sure that it will take years and years for that, and that won't happen in atleast next 20 years for sure

and i know that other price predictors knows same, they say that price won't rise to 5000$ not matter what anytime soon, so i actually believe them because they know more

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 08:32:15 AM

Thanks for the 1k and beer, make sure you deliver  Grin 8x price rise in the matter of months is nothing new in the bitcoinland.

and i know that other price predictors knows same, they say that price won't rise to 5000$ not matter what anytime soon, so i actually believe them because they know more

more? more of what? TA? because your other sources clearly don't know the nature of bitcoin.

Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:36:02 AM

The only question is when, of couse all price speculation might happen. Its just a matter of time. If I even tell you that 1 btc might be equal to 100k bucks soon. It might happen so. Soon is a very general and unpredictable word, there's no specification what date or year it will be, it's just "soon"
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:39:29 AM

You said 2017  Grin

2017 is just 6 months away. But I think the price will not be $5000 in 2017. If it does reach that level, it will also drop to $500.

the fact that anything can happen at the price of bitcoin. as it is now not expected before, the price could reach faster to $630.
but it was $5,000 in 2017 is not realistic. but in 2020 it was very possible.

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2016, 09:42:45 AM

The only question is when, of couse all price speculation might happen. Its just a matter of time. If I even tell you that 1 btc might be equal to 100k bucks soon. It might happen so. Soon is a very general and unpredictable word, there's no specification what date or year it will be, it's just "soon"

To me soon is 2016/2017. However, August/September 2016 is when I have real expectations of shit hitting the fan.

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:50:59 AM

If the West starts doing what China is doing 5000$ could be a real possible value. If India, Russia and other new economies start really looking at BTC as a store of value well I don't know what this thing is going to be.

Psychologically speaking, 5000$ is too damn high. Even gold never reached such an all time high.

One thing is true, we're onboard on one of the most exciting market ever happened so far
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: