Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which religion is the best religion?
Buddhism - 35 (15.2%)
Christian - Catholic - 29 (12.6%)
Christian - Protestant - 18 (7.8%)
Christian - Other (Mormon, etc) - 10 (4.3%)
Chinese traditional religion - 1 (0.4%)
Hindu - 12 (5.2%)
Islam - 33 (14.3%)
Judaism - 4 (1.7%)
Other - Ethnic (African, Sikhism, Celtic, Germanic paganism, Shinto, etc) - 4 (1.7%)
Non-Religion (atheism, agnosticism, apatheism, secular humanism, nontheism, pantheism, freethought) - 84 (36.5%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Poll: Which religion is the best religion?  (Read 58964 times)
FeelingVER

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:07:03 PM

Don't believe in religion but believe in humanity as you will find good and bad people in all the religion but people will differ from each other as I have many friends from different religion but religion has never been barrier when it comes to an friendship.

I agree. The main thing is that there was a good man and did good deeds, no matter what religion he believes in, or in general can not believe in anything.
frankbit

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:45:28 PM

Don't believe in religion but believe in humanity as you will find good and bad people in all the religion but people will differ from each other as I have many friends from different religion but religion has never been barrier when it comes to an friendship.

I agree. The main thing is that there was a good man and did good deeds, no matter what religion he believes in, or in general can not believe in anything.
Unfortunately many religions change people's minds. It seems to me that Islam is now the most aggressive religion. If you believe in the Imam, and he calls for the murder he can change the mind and take the path of terror.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:41:01 PM

I don't believe taht there is a "best religion" but I believe that a good religion is the one who instills good teachings about one another and for the better good of the entire humanity. It doesn't matter what religion do you belong as long as your religion influence you for the better.

Well i agree with you there brother. Though i think the problem really is not with the religion itself but with some people's twisted interpretation of their religion. I mean, i think all religions instill good teachings that will benefit all men. Its just that some tend to take these teachings wrongly at the same time influence others that their interpretation is the right one

I don't believe religion teaches people much of anything...

99% of christians have not read the bible... they don't have a clue what it says

People are inherently good... whether they believe in religion or not... perhaps it is only because they are afraid of the scary man in the sky, perhaps not

Atheists and other people without religion are just as good of people, if not better than religious people (certainly less bigoted - they don't hate gays, muslims, etc)
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:07:19 PM

Such question have no meaning really.
Why?
It's obvious that each Christian will answer that Christianity is the best religion, Muslim will say the same for Islam, Buddhists for Buddhism etc.
Who can answer such question?
Only God.
We need some absolute moral authority, values, guidance, eternal truth we can follow.
People are changeable and their moral values are changeable to.
So, we can't trust our judgment.
Only from eternal, absolute source, our origin, can come absolute moral guidance and absolute truth, not from man.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 05:08:34 PM

Why?
It's obvious that each Christian will answer that Christianity is the best religion, Muslim will say the same for Islam, Buddhists for Buddhism etc.
Only God.
We need some absolute moral authority, values, guidance, eternal truth we can follow.
Only from eternal, absolute source, our origin, can come absolute moral guidance and absolute truth, not from man.

True.  Problem is that God exists only in people's heads.  That is why you get different answers, depending who you ask.

If there was a God, we all would be following ONE fucking God, not 2500+ imaginary "Gods".  ROLF.

You would not need religion if God existed.  You would have an app on your iPhone to talk to God directly.

grizman

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:31:15 PM

Religion, regardless of its direction, is the product of the devil, and the devil never did anything true.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:10:56 AM

Religion, regardless of its direction, is the product of the devil, and the devil never did anything true.

Thanks for telling us about your religion.    Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 12:12:47 AM

Why?
Only God.

True.  Problem is that God exists only in people's heads.  That is why you get different answers, depending who you ask.

If there was a God, we all would be following ONE fucking God, not 2500+ imaginary "Gods".  ROLF.

You would not need religion if God existed.  You would have an app on your iPhone to talk to God directly.

You are not a people, then? What kind of a critter are you that you have a head, look like a people, confess that God lives in people's heads, and yet are an atheist?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
SoulBargain

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:42:29 AM

I don't believe taht there is a "best religion" but I believe that a good religion is the one who instills good teachings about one another and for the better good of the entire humanity. It doesn't matter what religion do you belong as long as your religion influence you for the better.

Well i agree with you there brother. Though i think the problem really is not with the religion itself but with some people's twisted interpretation of their religion. I mean, i think all religions instill good teachings that will benefit all men. Its just that some tend to take these teachings wrongly at the same time influence others that their interpretation is the right one

I don't believe religion teaches people much of anything...

99% of christians have not read the bible... they don't have a clue what it says

People are inherently good... whether they believe in religion or not... perhaps it is only because they are afraid of the scary man in the sky, perhaps not

Atheists and other people without religion are just as good of people, if not better than religious people (certainly less bigoted - they don't hate gays, muslims, etc)

Exactly. Even though most Christians don't read the bible, they know that God sees them and fears him which will push them to becoming a good person in order to enter the realm of heaven. All Christian knows the heart of the teachings of Christianity and that is to love one another and the ten commandments. I think these are enough to influece the good to everyone and to those who listens and studies the word of God by reading bible are extra or bonus.

We cannnot underestimate the power of religion in influencing to be a good person though.
SoulBargain

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:49:20 AM

That's rude. I think you don't have a religion to teach you the word "respect".

Even though you don't believe it, you should know how to respect. Show that religion is not important to you to become a good person but I think that's an example of a person lacking of religious influence to their life.
tango99

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:07:59 AM

It is only possible to believe in the truth of religion. There is no good or bad religion. There are people who use different regions for good or bad.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2017, 02:51:55 PM

Even though you don't believe it, you should know how to respect. Show that religion is not important to you to become a good person but I think that's an example of a person lacking of religious influence to their life.

That is where you are wrong.

Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade.

I don't believe in Nazism or Communism, does it mean I should respect it???WTF!

Some ideas are ridiculous.  Religious ideology is exactly that.  

What is the difference beween a cult and a religion.  Income Tax exemption?

Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:04:47 AM

Hahaha its such a cliche that you believe in devil but don't believe in religions, so what do you call yourself? In every religions they taught many things, they been like a law that made people do the right things when there is still no senate or president, so don't hate any religions cause they made us who we are now.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

awds1th

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:42:31 AM

no religion. you learn to think for yourself and evaluate things based on facts. life becomes more enjoyable as well without arbitrary rules constructed for cavemen society.

sunsilk

Activity: 2940
Merit: 620

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 05:33:35 AM

Not the one which is best religion, what should we do is respect each other.

I'm an apostolic Christian and I will agree on this. Whatever religion you belong as long as you know how to respect people, that's humanity.

But when it comes to salvation that will be a long talk and I don't want to start that here.

Because there are people who belongs to a good religion but they had a very bad attitude and thoughts, so their religion is nothing.

mylabs01

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 08:30:08 AM

your poll is so non sense. it only create chaos. it is so complicated when we talk about religion. we have different beliefs, and op should know that. this is full of non sense. of course people will defend each other religions they belong to. so the discussion will never be over. the battle of what religion is more powerful, the best etc etc will never stop and no one will win in this kind of war.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
PDATA
TOKEN
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
H
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 08:40:00 AM

no religion. you learn to think for yourself and evaluate things based on facts. life becomes more enjoyable as well without arbitrary rules constructed for cavemen society.
very true! No one religion is better/superior than the other  and imo i think they are all linked in some way.
episteme

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 10:35:51 AM

kind of the second dumbest thing i read today.

religion(s) are not something you grade in terms of better/best.
and neither is philosophy something you're a 'fan' of.

to quote nassim taleb on the matter:

People rarely mean the same thing when they say "religion", nor do they realize that they don't mean the same thing.
For early Jews and Muslims, religion was law. For early Jews it was also tribal; for early Muslims it was universal. For the Romans religion was social events and festivals (law was separate ). For Jews today religion became ethnocultural, without the law --and for some, a nation. Same for Syriacs, Copts, and Maronites.For Orthodox and Catholic Christians religion is aesthetics, pomp and rituals. For Protestants religion is belief with no aesthetics, pomp or law. For Buddists/Shintoists/Hindus religion is philosophy. So when Hindu talk about the Hindu "religion" they don't mean the same thing to a Pakistani as it would to a Hindu, and certainly something different for a Persian.
People keep talking past each other. When the nation-state idea came about, things got more complicated. When an Arab now says "Jew" he largely means belief; a converted Jew is no longer a Jew. But for a Jew it means a nation.
In Serbia/Croatia, or Lebanon, religion means something at times of peace, and something quite different at times of war.

here in taiwan, people have 3 religions: confucianism, daoism and buddhism. often at the same time. and 3 different kinds of 'temples'.
all three serve different functions and have different purpose.

god, i just registered in this forum few days ago and it already seems to me like the bluelight.org of bitcoin/cryptocur...
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:14:51 PM

I dont think religion is the big issue and whats the best religion. As long there is respect to each other beliefs, respect on others form of faith. All is well if others will respect on what religion they are in.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:22:04 PM

I dont think religion is the big issue and whats the best religion. As long there is respect to each other beliefs, respect on others form of faith. All is well if others will respect on what religion they are in.

No. Respect of the beliefs of other people is not necessarily good. For example. If someone else believes it is right to kill anybody anytime he chooses, should you respect that belief? Most of us cannot respect that belief.

We should respect every person as a person. We should respect the right of every person to hold whatever beliefs he wants. But we should never respect the beliefs as unless they are the same beliefs we hold.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: