Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:35:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450429 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:19:44 PM

Im really getting tired of reading all the bitching you noobs are doing.  EK does not have to deliver anything, he did not initiate this project and collect any BTC.  Lannister collected our BTC "donations" and basically abandoned the project.  We should all feel fortunate that some people have picked it up and are working on it out of their own volition.

Its actually quite amazing that EK and the other people working on this project FOR FREE have not given up given the amount of losers posting here about deadlines and road maps and demanding this or that as if the people currently working on Elastic owe them anything.  These devs certainly have more patience than I do, I would have told all you whiners to F*CK OFF a long time ago.

Be happy that people have actually taken an interest in this project and devoted a lot of time to its development, these are obviously smart individuals and could be spending that time in very well paying jobs.  Fortunately for us not all people are solely driven by money.

I am very appreciative of all the hard work that EK and other have put into this project and I thank you sincerely.  However long it takes to get it to a finished state that you are satisfied with is absolutely fine.  Please ignore all the whiners in the thread who likely donated some dust and now make these frivolous demands.

I'd like to echo this sentiment. I bought in to XEL very early on (before the disclaimer that "THIS IS A DONATION" was made) and it's astonishing my deposit isn't worthless right about now. This is a very ambitious project, and the head honcho took the money and ran. I would not have guessed that, given the early history, my deposit would have maintained its primary value, let alone appreciate many times fold (based on current speculative XEL prices). Thank you EK for all that you do my man!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 06:29:01 PM

PR is also important,otherwise it's a pity.
so many great technology been ignored by history..

I agree PR is very important - without it anything could just end up a cool technology that is run by 12 hardcore fans...

shouldnt we do like all others great projects do, let PROs http://www.wachsmanpr.com/clients/ do PR for us? i wonder what the pricing is.. maybe in form of XEL

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
HmmMAA

Activity: 1111
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 06:45:12 PM

I agree PR is very important - without it anything could just end up a cool technology that is run by 12 hardcore fans...

shouldnt we do like all others great projects do, let PROs http://www.wachsmanpr.com/clients/ do PR for us? i wonder what the pricing is.. maybe in form of XEL

Is there a problem if i ( or anyone else ) try to contact these guys and learn if they can carry the PR part and what is their pricing ?

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." Thomas Sowell
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 09:02:53 PM

Is there a problem if i ( or anyone else ) try to contact these guys and learn if they can carry the PR part and what is their pricing ?

I personally don't see a problem! Smiley
In fact, I think it's a great idea and would encourage you to make that move. The Elastic project has tremendous potential but we can't rely on EK doing both coding and PR!
He is already occupied full time with the development of the platform and should stay focused 100% on it!

logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2017, 09:14:06 PM

Its been said politely many times however some people don't seem to get the message.

yeah this project is going to kick so much butt, everyone just chill and have some faith.

Dont pretend to know more than most of us. I dont know if u sucked these facts outta ur thumb or had a motive underlying ur plans to hype it up, but u failed.

Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 09:16:00 PM

the list of their clients is very impressive. Great idea !

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
HmmMAA

Activity: 1111
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:14:03 AM

Just wrote an email to be sent at http://www.wachsmanpr.com   , if you guys aggree with the content i will send it tomorrow . Any annotation is welcome  regarding to structure and content of the email .

Dear Sirs ,

i "represent" the community of a crypto project named Elastic ( XEL ) to inquire some information about your services .
Elastic project is gonna be the first decentralised super-computer ( GOLEM and IEX.EC  need several months to be delivered ) .
Elastic Project is close to deliver by the lead dev EK (Evil-Knievel ) and a team of community members . They are currently working on  the last details of the programming language . This has become a community driven project while in the beggining it was an ICO project .
The potential of this project is huge . GOLEM marketcap is currently at  $15 million (3x the ICO price ) and it's still in infantile stage comparing to Elastic .
Our weak spot is our PR . None in our community is experienced in this section , so we would like to know if you and we can work something out .
I have to make clear that there are no ICO funds that we can pay you , but i think we could share a portion of our coins for a good PR campaign that could give Elastic Project it's real value .
We will probably have a mainnet launch in the beggining of February .
Please visit our thread at bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.0  and kindly consider giving Elastic the chance to be the No 1 crypto project of 2017 .

Thank you in advance
GG

"It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong." Thomas Sowell
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:23:27 AM

Just wrote an email to be sent at http://www.wachsmanpr.com   , if you guys aggree with the content i will send it tomorrow . Any annotation is welcome  regarding to structure and content of the email .

Dear Sirs ,

i "represent" the community of a crypto project named Elastic ( XEL ) to inquire some information about your services .
Elastic project is gonna be the first decentralised super-computer ( GOLEM and IEX.EC  need several months to be delivered ) .
Elastic Project is close to deliver by the lead dev EK (Evil-Knievel ) and a team of community members . They are currently working on  the last details of the programming language . This has become a community driven project while in the beggining it was an ICO project .
The potential of this project is huge . GOLEM marketcap is currently at  $15 million (3x the ICO price ) and it's still in infantile stage comparing to Elastic .
Our weak spot is our PR . None in our community is experienced in this section , so we would like to know if you and we can work something out .
I have to make clear that there are no ICO funds that we can pay you , but i think we could share a portion of our coins for a good PR campaign that could give Elastic Project it's real value .
Please visit our thread at bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.0  and kindly consider giving Elastic the chance to be the No 1 crypto project of 2017 .

Thank you in advance
GG

Personally I'm not sure how to proceed with marketing.  You've quoted two projects (golem and iex.ex) that offer lots of promises but don't have a single line of code.  It's easy to market when you only talk about theory.  Whatever I deliver (and I assume EK as well) will be functional code...everything we do is in github...anyone (including those other teams) can view what we've done.  We are facing some challenges making XEL an incredibly flexible system that provides value to those needing computational power, while keeping with the core design to provide a decentralized network to support this system...but I'm sure we'll have something shortly.

The problem with marketing is that our system will be reality...while the others talk about their dreams.  It's hard to compete with dreams...
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:09:49 AM

Why even mention the others.  It can be simply stated that Elastic is the first developed and functioning system of this kind.

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:20:22 AM

Just wrote an email to be sent at http://www.wachsmanpr.com   , if you guys aggree with the content i will send it tomorrow . Any annotation is welcome  regarding to structure and content of the email .

Why tomorrow? Just wait a little until we have a set date that main-net will come alive. Then we decide which way to go and what funds to allocate.

Apart from that http://www.wachsmanpr.com seem OK, they are specialized on crypto-marketing which is not a bad thing. It will bring us attention in the cryptofield, later on we need more attention outside the cryptoscene, especially those that are potential users.
sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:46:07 AM

Just wrote an email to be sent at http://www.wachsmanpr.com   , if you guys aggree with the content i will send it tomorrow . Any annotation is welcome  regarding to structure and content of the email .

Dear Sirs ,

Elastic project is gonna be the first decentralised super-computer ( GOLEM and IEX.EC  need several months to be delivered ) .
Elastic Project is close to deliver by the lead dev EK (Evil-Knievel ) and a team of community members . They are currently working on  the last details of the programming language . This has become a community driven project while in the beggining it was an ICO project .
The potential of this project is huge . GOLEM marketcap is currently at  $15 million (3x the ICO price ) and it's still in infantile stage comparing to Elastic .
Please visit our thread at bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1396233.0  and kindly consider giving Elastic the chance to be the No 1 crypto project of 2017 .

Thank you in advance
GG

You've quoted two projects (golem and iex.ex) that offer lots of promises but don't have a single line of code.

This is not true, have a look at https://github.com/golemfactory/golem

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
coralreefer

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:53:59 AM

Dear Sirs ,

Thank you in advance
GG

You've quoted two projects (golem and iex.ex) that offer lots of promises but don't have a single line of code.

This is not true, have a look at https://github.com/golemfactory/golem

Um...so how do you run that do anything meaningful with it.  Didn't realize people here were so literal....

I can post lots of stuff to github as well.  If it doesn't do what is promised, then what's the point.
coralreefer

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:59:32 AM

For example, as suggested a few weeks back, I created a couple of real-world examples to test out the Elastic code.  Here are a couple examples of the Travelling Salesman Problem, one using brute force, the other using simulated annealing.  

https://github.com/sprocket-fpga/xel_miner/tree/master/examples

These are just small examples, but similar logic is used to solve real world problems.

If you think these other projects are actually delivering something, then I'd be happy to stop.  I am just doing this as a fun challenge, because I have yet to see anyone do it.  Once you prove to me it's been done, then I'll stop.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:02:18 AM

Well Golem does have a working thing that you can actually use to render some blender scene.

However, and I want to be careful about what I say, so I claim that I think I might be able to :
- Crash the entire network within about 5 minutes (blockchain freeze)
- Leak sensitive information (such as internet provider, routes, machine type, IP address, ...) from any of the users' machines who contribute their computational power
- Let others do work for me without ever paying them
- Make others pay me for allegedly doing some work that I don't do at all
- Cripple the network so other subsequent jobs (after mine was executed) will not be carried out correctly

I am not a bad person, so I invested my precious time and collected all possible bugs that I found (and that I think they are bugs) and gave it to them ... for free. I was called a troll and people told me that they are "not sure if they want to talk listen to someone like me", though! lol!

I just felt, we boys got to stick together, huh?

Disclaimer: I am not saying that Golem does not work here, I am just saying that my opinion (as in freedom of speech) is that it doesn't. I very well might be totally wrong!
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:17:29 AM

What I try to say is: Elastic is aiming towards a decentralized trustless system, one that guarantees that your task is carried out correctly without the necessity for any kind of trust system whatsoever. This is the novelty here! I am yet to see any working system of this kind!
coralreefer

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:25:50 AM

EK, I'll take your work for it that golem has a working model, but I don't see it.  Here is what I see on the github...and the release is from July.

Warning
Golem Project is a work in progress. Current version is an alpha stage of Brass Golem and it's not fully secured. Check this list of issues for more details. Please be sure that you understand the risk before installing the software.
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:31:09 AM

EK, I'll take your work for it that golem has a working model, but I don't see it.  Here is what I see on the github...and the release is from July.

Warning
Golem Project is a work in progress. Current version is an alpha stage of Brass Golem and it's not fully secured. Check this list of issues for more details. Please be sure that you understand the risk before installing the software.

That's why I tried to call it "thing"  Wink. To me it appears like sort of a working little protocol that allows you to send a blender file to some computation nodes and then you get back the result. This core functionality I could replicate in a 50 line bash script. Note that this bash script would rely on trust only and not be a cryptographically secure trustless eco-system. This is what I personally see right now, when checking the Golem code.

Again, my disclaimer: This opinion represents my current level of knowledge, which may be too low to understand the full complexity of Golem  Wink So of course, I may be totally wrong!
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 02:39:46 AM

EK, I'll take your work for it that golem has a working model, but I don't see it.  Here is what I see on the github...and the release is from July.

Warning

That's why I tried to call it "thing"  Wink. To me it appears like sort of a working little protocol that allows you to send a blender file to some computation nodes and then you get back the result. This core functionality I could replicate in a 50 line bash script. Note that this bash script would rely on trust only and not be a cryptographically secure trustless eco-system. This is what I personally see right now, when checking the Golem code.

Again, my disclaimer: This opinion represents my current level of knowledge, which may be too low to understand the full complexity of Golem  Wink So of course, I may be totally wrong!

your are evil.   do you know that?

Grin
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 04:41:49 AM

Dear Sirs ,

Thank you in advance
GG

Personally I'm not sure how to proceed with marketing.  You've quoted two projects (golem and iex.ex) that offer lots of promises but don't have a single line of code.  It's easy to market when you only talk about theory.  Whatever I deliver (and I assume EK as well) will be functional code...everything we do is in github...anyone (including those other teams) can view what we've done.  We are facing some challenges making XEL an incredibly flexible system that provides value to those needing computational power, while keeping with the core design to provide a decentralized network to support this system...but I'm sure we'll have something shortly.

The problem with marketing is that our system will be reality...while the others talk about their dreams.  It's hard to compete with dreams...

The best marketing might come from the first users of Elastic, the more interesting the use case,  the bigger the marketing opportunity.

Maybe the community thinks of a few really cool sounding potential users, then approaches some users with a good deal, then Elastic gets pulled along in the users slip-stream.

What are some 'sexy' possible use cases for Elastic?
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 06:10:06 AM

This is from Quora: (https://www.quora.com/What-kind-of-problems-are-being-solved-in-super-computers)

Supercomputers play an important role in the field of computational science, and are used for a wide range of computationally intensive tasks in various fields, including quantum mechanics, weather forecasting, climate research, oil and gas exploration, molecular modeling (computing the structures and properties of chemical compounds, biologicalmacromolecules, polymers, and crystals), and physical simulations (such as simulations of the early moments of the universe, airplane and spacecraft aerodynamics, the detonation of nuclear weapons, and nuclear fusion). Throughout their history, they have been essential in the field of cryptanalysis.

Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: