Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:59:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450426 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
13Darko

Activity: 621
Merit: 507

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:19:32 AM

I've been going back through the thread to see if there has been any answer from EK to the question of a roadmap...

Maybe you are looking for this roadmap?

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clivemy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:44:24 AM

I've been going back through the thread to see if there has been any answer from EK to the question of a roadmap...

Maybe you are looking for this roadmap?

Thank you.  I'll delete my earlier post and go with this one.  :-)
clivemy

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 12:09:59 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2017, 12:27:17 PM by clivemy

I see the community support for SN. As long as the devs who will be implementing the solution are onboard, then I'm onboard.

Could we share a roadmap? It does not necessarily need dates, yet.

I suggest running an agile type project management style. Perhaps make a larger roadmap, but only give dates for specific goals that can be completed within 2-3 weeks. Choose your sprint cycles 2 or 3 weeks. So only commit to any work for the 2-3 weeks and don't worry about dating the roadmap beyond that.

GO ahead, please make a roadmap.  Devs are busy coding.
As much as most of us here don't like the word " Roadmap", it could be used constructively as an informative tool for us and attract more people to this project as long as it's not being used for pushing our devs into a time restrain . IMHO

The latest update from EK gives us a fair idea of where we are down the road.

Hi Community,

I am writing you to give you a short overview of what we have done so far, why we have done it, and what (from our point of view) still has to be done - and when. I have been moving to a new town in the last days, so

First of all, we had a last-minute idea - the idea of introducing so called super nodes. The reasons were:

1. Since earlier everyone had to verify work, we were very limited: we had very strict constraints regarding the complexity and memory requirement of work packages, simply due to the reason that the weakest node still has to be able to verify everything in a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise, netsplits or node shootdowns would be possible with complex long running tasks. With super nodes we are more flexible: we can set strict requirements that a super node's hardware has to meet and so can allow programs that run longer and use more memory.
Supernodes are basically nodes that do the verification and have no incentive to cheat due to a huge deposit. Contrary to other "well hyped solutions" we do not rely on trust at all ... all calculations and decisions that the super nodes perform can be publicly verified by anyone. For example by the so called guard nodes. These are nodes that randomly cross-check a small fraction of jobs. If they detect that a super node lied, its deposit gets forfeited.

2. Also, earlier a bug in the implementation (causing an infinite loop for example) could halt the whole network since every node is execution the task. Now, the network is safe from this. Also, the super node software will have emergency stop mechanisms that would prevent bugs to crash anything. Again, this design has several benefits here. It's better if one supernode freezes for 15 seconds before it detects the anomaly than if every node in the network freezes for 15 seconds.

3. Also, and this is a PR benefit, the earlier design effectively executed foreign code on the own hardware. While it's super safe due to Elastic PL's nature (our own programming language that does not allow to program anything dangerous), managers who want to use Elastic in their commercial setting might get scared. Now, nobody but the supernodes has to execute anything.

So where are we?
--------------------

We have the code base done that incorporates the new logic into the core client. The supernode functionality is there (except one little detail still missing - the guard node logic). And we have the miner done which - since super nodes and miners execute the same code - can be used for both.

What is missing with deadline dates
----------------------------------------

The following packages are still missing and are planned (not promised) to be finished as follows (London time):

09.02.2017 - The core package with guard logic is finished and goes into code-review mode
12.02.2017 - The supernode extension was added to the miner so that it can be used to verify work of others
13.-14.02.2017 - I am offline
17.02.2017 - Guard node software is finished. Parallely, everything goes into testnet mode for heavy testing
18.02.2017 - Open discussion round here, about how things are working out and specially about the retargeting algorithm that we currently have (there were ideas how to get rid of it)
18-24.02.2017 - Grace period to fix problems that we found in the test net
26.02.2017 - I will have written all details about the system down (both technically and non technically) for those guys of you, who are responsible for the PR parts (website, video, whatever)
27.02.2017 - Last discussion here in the thread
28.02.2017 - Milestone freeze, first ready-to-use version should be finished by then. I (and all the others that work on the code) am/are just (an) interested code monkey/s who love/s fascinating tech. We will not launch anything, we just give the code to the community, so if the community thinks the system (that we suggested) is good, just launch it yourself by using it! Remember: we are doing it for you guys, and not to run a company or something by ourselves. Just do with it whatever you like.

Disclaimer
----------------------------------------
We do not run anything, we do not take responsibility for anything. We code because we love coding, and if in doubt just suggest the appropriate changes and we can figure things out. Nobody forces anyone to use anything, and nobody promises anything. We code as good as we can, ... to reduce the likelihood of bugs (which always may or may not occur) we would appreciate to get more eyes on the code. Also: if you think you can do it better ... then just do it!

After everything works out, I am sure we can think about new cool features that pop into our heads.

Additional tasks:
The website has not been updated for several months.  unvoid said he had created a new one and was going to be putting it up on Github.  Myself, selsonblue and several others will be ready to work on that when it goes up on Github.

PR and Marketing - again, there's a team of people ready to work on that and selsonblue has also been compiling a list of people that will translate the materials into several different languages.  

A list of tasks is also up on the trello site (https://trello.com/b/fPdyn5Vp/development-backlog)  Coralreefer has contributed the development tasks that he is aware of and Selsonblue has listed the PR/Marketing tasks.

One final thought, we need an FAQ to direct visitors to who come to this thread, so the same questions don't have to get asked and answered over and over again.  Suggestions on where an FAQ can be hosted would be a good start.  On the Slack channel?

coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 12:22:42 PM

A list of tasks is also up on the trello site (https://trello.com/b/fPdyn5Vp/development-backlog)  Coralreefer has contributed the development tasks that he is aware of and Selsonblue has listed the PR/Marketing tasks.

Yes, I've listed the enhancements to the miner that I'm aware of.  But just to be clear, I am not planning on making any enhancements myself.  If/When the SN logic ever gets finished by EK, I will wire it into the miner, but after that I'll be moving on.  I'm pretty burned out of working on this project, and have spent far too much time on it already.
clivemy

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 12:48:26 PM

Yes, I've listed the enhancements to the miner that I'm aware of.  But just to be clear, I am not planning on making any enhancements myself.  If/When the SN logic ever gets finished by EK, I will wire it into the miner, but after that I'll be moving on.  I'm pretty burned out of working on this project, and have spent far too much time on it already.

Sorry to hear you're thinking of going coralreefer, you will be sorely missed and thank you so much for the contribution you've made.
coralreefer

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:03:16 PM

Sorry to hear you're thinking of going coralreefer, you will be sorely missed and thank you so much for the contribution you've made.

Thanks Clivemy.  I really enjoyed creating the miner...I learned a lot and that is why I did it.  Its just a hobby and I'm ready to move on to something else.

I am in no way looking for people to send BTC or any other reward (I even removed my BTC address from the miner/github)...Hopefully others will just get interested in the project and start to get involved.
clivemy

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:13:01 PM

Thanks Clivemy.  I really enjoyed creating the miner...I learned a lot and that is why I did it.  Its just a hobby and I'm ready to move on to something else.

I am in no way looking for people to send BTC or any other reward (I even removed my BTC address from the miner/github)...Hopefully others will just get interested in the project and start to get involved.

I'm glad to hear that you've gained from your adventure into the world of Elastic and I know you're not going just yet, but I'd just like to say that I wish you all the best for the future. :-)
TheDR

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 07:34:19 PM

I am Daniel Ray Waters Hazelton Ortiz probably because of this project using retro-causality. two anagrams connected of my names are, Antenatal lies zero ritzy DRWHO a realization of zany letters. Wow huh there's much more to it. I am really happy about this project and wish to thank everyone that helps make this possible keep writing up my synchronicities everyone it will be an awesome future.

I want to request that the redeeming period be as long as possible though; because I have to get a new place and computer and it may take me awhile. I fell into difficulty when my ex smashed my laptop over my head and kicked me onto the streets. All I have is library access to computing right now.
Selsonblue

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:23:40 PM

I am Daniel Ray Waters Hazelton Ortiz probably because of this project using retro-causality. two anagrams connected of my names are, Antenatal lies zero ritzy DRWHO a realization of zany letters. Wow huh there's much more to it. I am really happy about this project and wish to thank everyone that helps make this possible keep writing up my synchronicities everyone it will be an awesome future.

I want to request that the redeeming period be as long as possible though; because I have to get a new place and computer and it may take me awhile. I fell into difficulty when my ex smashed my laptop over my head and kicked me onto the streets. All I have is library access to computing right now.

Holy shit, this post...

Daniel, if you have a smart phone, you can gain access to the slack channel and we will definitely post updates on the redemption period and such in there. It might be easier than having to use a public PC, and safer too.

Good to have ya around still after getting a laptop smashed on your head.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 04:52:00 AM

everyone join the Elastic slack if you haven't already
there is an announcement channel there and a good price speculation thread:

https://elasticfans.herokuapp.com/
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:31:52 AM

As discussed in our PM, i will send you my code for a POC SN service today, we can then discuss the next steps ;-)
beyinsi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:15:24 AM

Yes, I've listed the enhancements to the miner that I'm aware of.  But just to be clear, I am not planning on making any enhancements myself.  If/When the SN logic ever gets finished by EK, I will wire it into the miner, but after that I'll be moving on.  I'm pretty burned out of working on this project, and have spent far too much time on it already.

As discussed in our PM, i will send you my code for a POC SN service today, we can then discuss the next steps ;-)
Thanks.
i hope next steps are close  Smiley
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:50:23 AM

Great to hear from you guys on updates ! Thanks  Smiley

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
chinadaye

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:39:51 PM

All the efforts we will remember, the great moment is about to open

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Selerius

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:43:19 PM

One final thought, we need an FAQ to direct visitors to who come to this thread, so the same questions don't have to get asked and answered over and over again.  Suggestions on where an FAQ can be hosted would be a good start.  On the Slack channel?

Posting it in Slack sounds fine.  But it would be best also copied elsewhere.

New visitors are the people least likely to have created a login.  Slack requires checking email and signup before first seeing its contents, with yet another login to remember or record.

Other locations could include on the website and highlighted in the opening post of Elastic's next thread, when a new thread is created, e.g. upon mainnet launch.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 02:37:08 PM

New visitors are the people least likely to have created a login.  Slack requires checking email and signup before first seeing its contents, with yet another login to remember or record.

Other locations could include on the website and highlighted in the opening post of Elastic's next thread, when a new thread is created, e.g. upon mainnet launch.

in this page too:

http://www.elastic-project.com/
clivemy

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:42:18 PM

Excellent ideas.
clivemy

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:45:19 PM

in this page too:

http://www.elastic-project.com/

EK controls that site and when I've requested access he hasn't responded.
coralreefer

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 12:14:50 AM

Sounds good.  Hopefully, we can get this wrapped up pretty quick.

Also, per Clivemy's post, is there anyway we can get these guys access to the website.  I've already made my intentions to move on clear, so I'm hoping maybe I can help them out before I'm no longer available.
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 12:27:11 AM

What's the next project you're working on coralreefer?

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: