Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:58:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450432 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dumple

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:32:33 AM

The ICO funds can be used for bounties I believe. Also does anyone know the ETA for mainnet launch? Maybe an estimated month. Thanks.

The creator of the project is gone, and I don't think there is access to the ICO funds. It's a miracle anything got done, and that's mainly because of EK, coralreef, et al.

oh really? Wow, so the ico was a scam and EK took over? How will the coins be distributed then?

Go read through the history of this thread. This has been brought up ad nauseam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
devking

Activity: 96

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:41:43 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 08:40:16 AM by devking

The ICO funds can be used for bounties I believe. Also does anyone know the ETA for mainnet launch? Maybe an estimated month. Thanks.

The creator of the project is gone, and I don't think there is access to the ICO funds. It's a miracle anything got done, and that's mainly because of EK, coralreef, et al.

oh really? Wow, so the ico was a scam and EK took over? How will the coins be distributed then?

Go read through the history of this thread. This has been brought up ad nauseam.

I am an early donator.  Then and Now EK refused to manage funds and receive any benefits. I remember, in March 2016 EK requested community to manage funds, this thread and website. Lannister came forward to manage them. I think by the end of October, Lannister had some health complications and not actively involved since then.  All the funds locked in a multi-sig wallet. So lannister alone cannot withdraw funds. Please ignore/forget the funds. Only lannister can help with funds recovery.

Bgjjj2016, I'm ready to donate 10% of my coins to foundation

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
cryptoboy.architect

Activity: 513
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:08:39 AM

How will the coins be distributed then?

I know I know... asked many times... We soooo need a new thread that can be updated with all the useful info.

http://elasticexplorer.org/share/ico-list.txt
blg42598

Activity: 867
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:21:22 AM

How will the coins be distributed then?

I know I know... asked many times... We soooo need a new thread that can be updated with all the useful info.

http://elasticexplorer.org/share/ico-list.txt

Ok interesting, I want to buy but I have to wait for an exchange/launch
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:30:53 AM

I agree that we need a foundation to take care of finance for dev, pr and more.
A few trusted (reputable) parties (not one) should be entrusted with the funds collected.
I do not agree with the scheme of a fixed ratio from all xel holders, but believe it should be a voluntary decision to donate to the foundation as much as each person sees fit (let us leave taxes to governments...).
I also think that there should be 2 donation options for the foundation: with btc - this can start very soon even before mainnet, and with xel - later when mainnet is live (the amount can be signed by each participant now so it goes to the foundation wallet at launch). The btc collection now will help fund important things needed even before we launch.
josegines

Activity: 813
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:54:53 AM

To form a foundation, the fastest and most practical is a fixed percentage of all wallets, that way it could be formed even with the Genesis block. Anyway, without the devs, Elastic would be nothing. If we let people decide, we risk not forming the foundation or not having the necessary amount. That they dev calculate how much they need for the foundation and that it forms just with the Genesis block. Thus the foundation can operate from minute 1.

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:01:05 AM

To form a foundation, the fastest and most practical is a fixed percentage of all wallets, that way it could be formed even with the Genesis block. Anyway, without the devs, Elastic would be nothing. If we let people decide, we risk not forming the foundation or not having the necessary amount. That they dev calculate how much they need for the foundation and that it forms just with the Genesis block. Thus the foundation can operate from minute 1.

can't agree with you more.
dumple

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:11:05 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 07:33:55 AM by dumple

This has already been discussed in the past and dismissed. It should be the donators' choice to make further contributions. They already took a risk and invested. Donations were given following specific terms.

Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Ben2016

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:27:06 AM

Everyone, this is not the color of our Logo anymore. This is a turning point for XEL. The fixed donation from Genesis toward a foundation can solve lots of problems, encourage participation and growth and will put us in the global crypto map. Give and you will receive ! ( no, this is not a religious sermon  Cheesy)

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
Thefrolly

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:36:24 AM

forcing people to give away some of their xel is a bad approach

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
josegines

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:36:57 AM

This has already been discussed and dismissed by EK. It should be the donators' choice to make further contributions. They already took a risk and invested.

I do not know what EK will think about it, I want it to be that we are not talking about this too long, when it is easy to set a percentage of all wallets equally, and if possible, from the same Genesis block.

If you want to donate more, the foundation can put an address to receive extra donations.

It does not make sense to give people freedom at this point, because without the devs we WILL HAVE NOTHING. Our donations are worthless if the devs do not finish their work.

And the foundation is necessary to continue developing.

What is Qubic?
dumple

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:41:48 AM

This has already been discussed and dismissed by EK. It should be the donators' choice to make further contributions. They already took a risk and invested.

I do not know what EK will think about it, I want it to be that we are not talking about this too long, when it is easy to set a percentage of all wallets equally, and if possible, from the same Genesis block.

If you want to donate more, the foundation can put an address to receive extra donations.

It does not make sense to give people freedom at this point, because without the devs we WILL HAVE NOTHING. Our donations are worthless if the devs do not finish their work.

And the foundation is necessary to continue developing.

The only people this will affect are donators. Many are not visiting this thread and cannot cast their votes. If investors want to further contribute funds, that is their choice. Those who haven't invested should have no say in this.

Edit: Also they devs still have the 700 BTC. They are just temporarily inaccessible in Lannister's absence.

josegines

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:12:43 AM

The only people this will affect are donators. Many are not visiting this thread and cannot cast their votes. If investors want to further contribute funds, that is their choice. Those who haven't invested should have no say in this.

Edit: Also they devs still have the 700 BTC. They are just temporarily inaccessible in Lannister's absence.

You're missing part of the story. EK and other developers (sorry for not mentioning them all) are working for free, they DO NOT have access to the 700 BTC

It is not temporarily

Developers have been working for months free. We can not wait for Lannister to appear. The crypto world continues without us.

Anyway, this can have an easy solution, a vote among the donors that continue to go to this thread, the only one with updated information.

I do not understand that resistance to donate a percentage of the XEL obtained from the deal.

EK always says that it wants the community to participate and build ELASTIC, therefore, it will be the community that decides how to form the foundation.

What is Qubic?
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:18:59 AM

You're missing part of the story. EK and other developers (sorry for not mentioning them all) are working for free, they DO NOT have access to the 700 BTC

It is not temporarily

Developers have been working for months free. We can not wait for Lannister to appear. The crypto world continues without us.

Anyway, this can have an easy solution, a vote among the donors that continue to go to this thread, the only one with updated information.

I do not understand that resistance to donate a percentage of the XEL obtained from the deal.

EK always says that it wants the community to participate and build ELASTIC, therefore, it will be the community that decides how to form the foundation.

Forcing any donator to spend a % of their holdings would be a breach of contract and therefore a scam, even if decided by voting per XEL. If you vote you force others to donate. That's a NO GO.

You folks should calm down. Funding is not the biggest concern. Finding people that are worth funding will be much more difficult.

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:30:25 AM

I think that numerous people here received something already. I have occasionally seen posts here, where people got x BTC. I think it's just that they don't want to talk about it. Understandable, if you take a look at some people around here and what brainfarts they write in their PMs. And honestly, the only entity those people need to talk to are the tax authorities ... nobody else.

Rando

Activity: 76

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 08:55:25 AM

I wouldn't make donating madatory, BUT I would make it part of the claiming to send X% to the foundation, where people can uncheck this option.
Thank you EK, Coral, Unvoid and all the others who make this project come to life.
Bgjjj2016

Activity: 448

Ben2016

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:58:14 AM

all i can say is i love this project and i salute to our devs and all their hard work on it.
im ready to spend elastic to a foundation so we can pay our devs we can do pr and have a future fund.
about a fixed % from the beginning it wont work as people will complain (i was ready to do this but i saw it wont be possible).
im pretty sure many will contribute an ammount of elastic or btc to a pot and then we can move forward.
Hope everyone is ready to do this so we can have a longterm view on this.
enjoy your sunday all elasticers:)
I support this idea or any one that is acceptable to our devs and will enable us to move forward .

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
josegines

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 10:05:40 AM

It is not temporarily

Forcing any donator to spend a % of their holdings would be a breach of contract and therefore a scam, even if decided by voting per XEL. If you vote you force others to donate. That's a NO GO.

You folks should calm down. Funding is not the biggest concern. Finding people that are worth funding will be much more difficult.

Now let's talk about legal issues? I thought it was already clear that we have lost our donations because Lannister has not appeared for months and he kept the 700 BTC.

Or is anyone still waiting for Lannister to return with the 700 BTC?

What we have now is something different from what began.

Our donations are simply annotations that will give us the right to receive some XEL, if one day we have mainnet.

I do not want to insist on this, I only give my opinion. To this day I consider that if I ever receive XEL it will be thanks to the work of the dev who worked to get this ahead, and of course I will not give them a % of those XEL, simply because to this day all my XEL are not worth absolutely nothing.

What is Qubic?
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:17:51 AM

In the past we voted anonymously (by signing with our ico address) to make a joint decision, can we use this system to enable each ico participant to make a private anonymous contribution pledge to the future foundation wallet at mainnet launch?
This can be done parallel to creating a btc donation wallet for immediate collection.
I have no doubt that we will be collecting sufficient amounts of donations (xel and btc) while still keeping and respecting privacy, and the decision of each participant regarding the amounts he wishes to donate.
lda1000

Activity: 581
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 11:31:41 AM

In the past we voted anonymously (by signing with our ico address) to make a joint decision, can we use this system to enable each ico participant to make a private anonymous contribution pledge to the future foundation wallet at mainnet launch?
This can be done parallel to creating a btc donation wallet for immediate collection.
I have no doubt that we will be collecting sufficient amounts of donations (xel and btc) while still keeping and respecting privacy, and the decision of each participant regarding the amounts he wishes to donate.

Taking percentage of XEL from the genesis block does not make any sense. When the main net starts and we're liquid then people can just send to a donation address when they want and how much they want.

All we need is a donation address, no need to complicate stuff further.

Pages: « 1 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: