Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:58:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer  (Read 450433 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yosir

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:23:31 PM

@yossir you cant mix fair community voting as we have it here (every participant can give his voice with a vote to a question the community decided it is important to vote about) with "democracy" in our mordern world where yout vote a colour (party) and then they will rule for around 5 years and do decissions for you (mostly influeneced from other things but that would be a long topic).
so our todays system should not even be called democracy as they have nothing to do with it.
elastic is not just some individuals who made a small donation, everyone had the chance to participate it had a ultra fair timeline so we all have been same and people took a big risk during that time to dont know where the project will go to.

so in my opinion its much more fair (and maybe in future even better with a voting system that is more advantaged) to let the community decide what direction we want to go.

I think that we are bit offtopic but yet I will try to explain my point of view in very short way.

I strongly believe that the one's that actually do the hard work - should choose what will be done with it. Donations to projects - are what they are, donations. Not investments. so risk, timeline etc are not relevant as I DONATED to possibility of new great technology that is happening right before our eyes. ( I don't have anything against if I will make mil. or 5 in the process )
Their generosity of people who actually did something in this project, in giving all the work to people should not be exploited even if there is a possibility of it, without them agree to that, which I havn't seen. Thats more or less my problem with all this voting and choosing what to do with someone else's work (not mine, I am too lazy to something like many others - I gave money).

And you correct, Is kind of wierd hybrid of democracy, but yet it has all the problems of it, you never know how proffesional or rational people's votes, but let's leave this subject and focus on Elastic.

Not sure what's your point actually, but there's discussion each time a decision is required. Then the community votes.
Many ideas were discussed and not all were voted - looks like voting takes places naturally for major decisions only.
As simple as that.

[Edit] There's no way everyone will agree for everything - that's why we vote.

The most important individuals to this project don't take active part in this discussions and almost no one who actively discuss it - don't take part in actual project development or improvement.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe_Ql5-J2FX1EVVrABcw4Dq1inXGzcVMJK0IFlcFz1SJQJUV_hUQ
As simple as that.

This one actually better:
https://image.slidesharecdn.com/teamrace-090702173126-phpapp01/95/the-management-rowing-race-15-728.jpg?cb=1246555902

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paladium

Activity: 448

CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:23:48 PM

I expect Elastic to be out for a long time. But the project is moving very slowly. Projects such as SONM, Golem and IEX were left behind.

▄▄
          ▄▄████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀████▄▄
    ▄▄████▀      ▀████▄▄
 ▄▄████▀            ▀███▀
████▀                  ▀  ▄▄
███                      ▄██
███                      ███
███   ███▄        ▄███   ███
███   █████▄    ▄█████   ███
███   ███▀███▄▄███▀███   ███
███   ███  ▀████▀  ███   ███
███   ███    ▀▀    ███   ███
███▄  ███          ███  ▄███
 ▀███▄███          ███▄███▀
   ▀█████          █████▀
     ▀███          ███▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀▀███
███████████▀▀▀      ███
█████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
██▄         ▄█▀    ████
█████▄    ▄█▀      ████
████████▄█▀       █████
██████████  ▄     █████
██████████ ███▄  ██████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀██████
████ ▀███████     ▀▄███
████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
█████              ████
██████             ████
███████▄          █████
███████▀        ▄██████
███▀▀        ▄▄████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀███████
██████████▀     ███████
██████████   ██████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀████████
████████       ████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
██████████   ██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀         ▀▀█████
███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███
██   ████▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀   ██
██  ███▀       ▀  █  ██
██  ██▀  █████  ▀██  ██
██  ██  ███████  ██  ██
██  ██▄  █████  ▄██  ██
██  ███▄       ▄███  ██
██   ████▄▄▄▄▄████   ██
███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███
█████▄▄         ▄▄█████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
██████████████▀████████
████████████▀ ▄ ▀  ▀███
███████████ ▄███▄  ▄███
███████████ ███████████
██▀  ▀█▀▀     ▀▀█▀  ▀██
██     ▄▄     ▄▄     ██
███▄  ████   ████  ▄███
████   ▀▀     ▀▀   ████
█████  ▀▄▄   ▄▄▀  █████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████▀▀▀▀███████████████████
███      ██████████████████
████▄▄▄▄███████████████████
████    ██    █▀    ▀██████
████    ██            █████
████    ██    ▄███▄    ████
████    ██    █████    ████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:37:16 PM

@yossir you cant mix fair community voting as we have it here (every participant can give his voice with a vote to a question the community decided it is important to vote about) with "democracy" in our mordern world where yout vote a colour (party) and then they will rule for around 5 years and do decissions for you (mostly influeneced from other things but that would be a long topic).
so our todays system should not even be called democracy as they have nothing to do with it.
elastic is not just some individuals who made a small donation, everyone had the chance to participate it had a ultra fair timeline so we all have been same and people took a big risk during that time to dont know where the project will go to.

so in my opinion its much more fair (and maybe in future even better with a voting system that is more advantaged) to let the community decide what direction we want to go.

I think that we are bit offtopic but yet I will try to explain my point of view in very short way.

I strongly believe that the one's that actually do the hard work - should choose what will be done with it. Donations to projects - are what they are, donations. Not investments. so risk, timeline etc are not relevant as I DONATED to possibility of new great technology that is happening right before our eyes. ( I don't have anything against if I will make mil. or 5 in the process )
Their generosity of people who actually did something in this project, in giving all the work to people should not be exploited even if there is a possibility of it, without them agree to that, which I havn't seen. Thats more or less my problem with all this voting and choosing what to do with someone else's work (not mine, I am too lazy to something like many others - I gave money).

And you correct, Is kind of wierd hybrid of democracy, but yet it has all the problems of it, you never know how proffesional or rational people's votes, but let's leave this subject and focus on Elastic.

Not sure what's your point actually, but there's discussion each time a decision is required. Then the community votes.
Many ideas were discussed and not all were voted - looks like voting takes places naturally for major decisions only.
As simple as that.

The most important individuals to this project don't take active part in this discussions and almost no one who actively discuss it - don't take part in actual project development or improvement.
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe_Ql5-J2FX1EVVrABcw4Dq1inXGzcVMJK0IFlcFz1SJQJUV_hUQ
As simple as that.

You're wrong - try to follow the last 15-20 pages, and you'll notice that many important individuals expressed their opinions, inlcuding EK, coralreefer, unvoid, and many more.
I think Elasticracy works perfectly.

Would you like to be captured by "important individuals" like it is in Bitcoin now?
yosir

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:43:49 PM

As simple as that.

As simple as that.

You're wrong - try to follow the last 15-20 pages, and you'll notice that many important individuals expressed their opinions, inlcuding EK, coralreefer, unvoid, and many more.

Would you like to be captured by "important individuals" like it is in Bitcoin now?

What is EK's,{ edit: added coralreefer, unvoid } opinion to this matter that you saw? Can you please refer me to it as I can't find it.

If you ask me, and again, it's only my opinion, I would like to know, at least on some level, who makes the descisions and how he is "invested" in this project. What happens with "we" and  "community" is bit funny to me, but again, don't take this to serious. It's one man opinion.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:12:53 PM

As simple as that.

As simple as that.

What is EK's,{ edit: added coralreefer, unvoid } opinion to this matter that you saw? Can you please refer me to it as I can't find it.

If you ask me, and again, it's only my opinion, I would like to know, at least on some level, who makes the descisions and how he is "invested" in this project. What happens with "we" and  "community" is bit funny to me, but again, don't take this to serious. It's one man opinion.

One opinion from EK below, for the rest, feel free to find them yourself... :-)

Why do we
need a Lite-version at all, if you could do this stuff you showed on the testnet?

I never said, that we need a lite wallet. The community just showed interest in a lite wallet because the "full features" are partly unstable, not tested well enough, and things would still need some time. But who am I to decide, my vote (and I hope this is this way because we are a democratic project) is only worth a fraction - exactly as much as my XEL holdings weigh in a vote.

So if someone starts a vote, I will vote for no. But if yes wins, I can assist with coding (not launching).
techwriterjoe

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:13:26 PM

goodluck yuor project..

Are there any bounties?

As for bounties currently, there is a vote for putting a coin on exchanges. If we vote yes, then there will be money generated for a foundation.

I imagine a foundation to mean a wallet with something like a 5 of 7 multi-sig key setup. Once there is Elastic Coin set aside for the foundation, votes will take place for things like bounties. This is all speculative. We are not even through with the lite-version/wallet/coin-on-exchange-vote yet.

Even if we vote yes, it will still take an active member and our devs some time to connect to exchanges.
Improved

Activity: 163
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:25:39 PM

Donated funds are frozen under multisig and probably lost, right?
What address it is? I cant find it in explorer.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:34:22 PM

The devs made it clear many times they would prefer not to have continued discussions about donated funds, I'm not sure why people continue to push the issue.

Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 04:30:33 PM

The devs made it clear many times they would prefer not to have continued discussions about donated funds, I'm not sure why people continue to push the issue.
I totally agree. Let's just look forward. Lots of awesome things await this project . We should be excited and grateful for our wonderful Satoshies  Smiley

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
Join the Elastic revolution! Elastic Network: The Decentralized Supercomputer 
ELASTIC WEBSITE|ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD|JOIN THE SLACK
Riseman

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:22:37 PM

Because it's kind of natural to ask things like that and not everyone knows the story behind all this or wants to skim through a 300-page thread. Hence are also questions about the launch date. This info should be put in the first post but since Lannister is gone no one can edit it. So you'll be getting the same questions all over again unless someone creates a new thread with all relevant information.
josegines

Activity: 814
Merit: 531

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:26:17 PM

I have to recognize that some donations are stratospheric figures, at least for me

First holder: approx 6 million XEL

1/7/2016
10.08 BTC
https://blockchain.info/tx/f77c23e7116776bd43f014f1a995c9837416b1e325377817336a6f7ec634f745

5/8/2016
5.70 BTC
https://blockchain.info/tx/e08897082e5bc4f52c5508c128ffcde61052eacb2e2d54121e8f236bbae48a1b

15/8/2016
38.2499 BTC
https://blockchain.info/tx/b4975127684e2489443dc66b7afdf3350579b5cde54c53daca17686466d636d5

Total= 54 BTC

Today: 1 BTC= 1800 $(Bitstamp)

Total donation today= 97200 $

Really good donation!!

QUBIC: a quorum-based computations protocol.- by Come-from-Beyond
What is Qubic?
Coinmarketcap(Qubic) Coingecko(Qubic)
yosir

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:35:03 PM

As simple as that.

As simple as that.

One opinion from EK below, for the rest, feel free to find them yourself... :-)

Why do we
need a Lite-version at all, if you could do this stuff you showed on the testnet?

I never said, that we need a lite wallet. The community just showed interest in a lite wallet because the "full features" are partly unstable, not tested well enough, and things would still need some time. But who am I to decide, my vote (and I hope this is this way because we are a democratic project) is only worth a fraction - exactly as much as my XEL holdings weigh in a vote.

So if someone starts a vote, I will vote for no. But if yes wins, I can assist with coding (not launching).

Thanks for the link. As far as I see this is only show better my point. Very hard to find, and when you do - negative opinion that nobody wants to hear while the real problem, of additional programming power that is crucial to project is... well... hard to find as EK's opinion 20 pages ago in one post. Same with the others.
But enough of this. I am really hope that I am wrong and Elastic will handle all that better than I thought...
BTW, most likely, next vote will be foundation vote, this will be even "funnier". Mark my words.
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2017, 12:58:10 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2017, 02:50:11 AM by klintay

So how does this work now once the wallet is launched? Those who want to sell their XEL would do it OTC or is someone going to contact a reputable exchange?

It's like always: At first 2-3 weeks of OTC trading then some smaller exchange will add XEL eventually. After sometime with eventually good volume a bigger exchange might pick it up. Exchanges usually don't add coins that folks propose to them. They just care about revenue. Take our competitor Golem for example, hundreds of folks contacted them and proposed a Golem listing, but they didnt give a shit. It needed the Liqui-exchange to have revenues ob above 100BTC per day and then they listed Golem as they saw that profits are being made.
I think Yunbi ( in China) might be interested in XEL. ( just guessing since Chinese investors love supercomputers  Cool )

i have used yunbi and they are professional and have an easy interface

If EK had a problem with the lite wallet he would say...in fact it may have been one of his ideas to begin with
syclone

Activity: 755
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:46:39 AM

One of the most interesting projects in crypto, but it is taking long time to develop.

Compared to what?  Have you ever heard of Augur / REP?   Shit still doesn't have a website.  Roll Eyes
rekcahxfb_foundation

Activity: 350

CrowdWiz

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 02:15:19 AM

atlast, we can see elastic on mainnet. when will 'lightwallet vote' finish?

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 02:17:41 AM

atlast, we can see elastic on mainnet. when will 'lightwallet vote' finish?
on the 23rd of this month.

My " I want that Old Toyota Camry very bad" BTC Fund :1DQU4oqmZRcKSzg7MjPLMuHrMwnbDdjQRM
BTCspace

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:10:01 AM

seems light wallet will win!

running farm worldwide
BTCspace

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:11:03 AM

only less than 25% coin voted?

where the left XEL ?

people do not know how to vote

or they forget their private key?

running farm worldwide
Bgjjj2016

Ben2016

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:13:46 AM

where the left XEL ?

I think the final number will be at least 30% less than the original 100M.

onetwo12

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:15:42 AM

where the left XEL ?

I think the final number will be at least 30% less than the original 100M.

where the left 70M ?

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 »
  Print  

Jump to: