Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:00:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you Still believe in Fiat?  (Read 75138 times)
Kewatia

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:10:44 AM

You cant really kill fiat.

You can only limit its crippling printing press by switching over to bitcoin, but you still need it to pay bills since the world operates off fiat.

I dont think we will ever come to that point though since most of us will be either to old or buried by then to see it die.
Yes and I think that fiat will never die, there will be many users who will prefer to use fiat even if everything goes digital and they will be comfortable in using it.

Fiat is used by the governments to rob the citizens, so it will not be given up by the government. But bitcoin wil also be allowed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 04:53:36 PM

You can only limit its crippling printing press by switching over to bitcoin, but you still need it to pay bills since the world operates off fiat.

I dont think we will ever come to that point though since most of us will be either to old or buried by then to see it die.
Yes and I think that fiat will never die, there will be many users who will prefer to use fiat even if everything goes digital and they will be comfortable in using it.

Fiat is used by the governments to rob the citizens, so it will not be given up by the government. But bitcoin wil also be allowed.

That case can't be applied in general. It's just own view on how goverments are dealing with fiat. Also if government will not make some taxes then what is the future of that country?

Fiat and bitcoin plays both important role.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:09:01 PM

I do still believe in fiat because it is the one widely use by people nowadays. We may be in the information age now wherein we can process transactions not using fiat but still some of the establishments especially the small ones don't still have the capacity to process payments digitally. They will only accept fiat as payment.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:16:58 PM

That case can't be applied in general. It's just own view on how goverments are dealing with fiat. Also if government will not make some taxes then what is the future of that country?

I think both of them have a great future ahead, people who believed in new and innovative technology will prefer to use bitcoin and rest will continue with fiat.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 05:43:12 PM

I think both of them have a great future ahead, people who believed in new and innovative technology will prefer to use bitcoin and rest will continue with fiat.

Based upon the requirements people starts using bitcoin and fiat. But now most use fiat than bitcoin because of its increased accepted among common man compared to bitcoin and other digital currencies.
CroSany

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:34:11 PM

I beleive in fuat money but more i beleive in most cryptocurrencies which are avaiable online to buy on exchangers but most % I beleive in bitcoij cryptocurrency and i will always beleive in bitcoin.
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:36:37 PM

I beleive in fuat money but more i beleive in most cryptocurrencies which are avaiable online to buy on exchangers but most % I beleive in bitcoij cryptocurrency and i will always beleive in bitcoin.

Bitcoin is an best as an digital currency but it cannot take over fiat in future as  the users of  fiat are spread worldwide and  the usage of fiat is much higher in compare to bitcoins.
PhilPrime

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 08:55:04 PM

Of course i believe in fiat. We use it for a long time and it works. So stop thinking that fiat is not good because we all use it and the effect as of now is clear. Fiat is stable.

tampazeus

Activity: 924

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 09:00:47 PM

Of course i believe in fiat. We use it for a long time and it works. So stop thinking that fiat is not good because we all use it and the effect as of now is clear. Fiat is stable.

Most of the people are dependent on fiat for living as they are earning it in the form of salary and they find it easy to use it as fiat is accepted everywhere.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:12:59 PM

the answer is obvious , if u never got into the

property cycle or dont have the uber high paying

job or welfare Queen status with Gov supplied housing

or lastly deal drugs,

u would hate Fiat to the  core!

the endless print cycle is a joke  Cheesy

I can't leave fiat or maybe fiat can't leave us and join another currency like bitcoin, because 'they' print endless money, people should invest in many things to get back their money and the profit and just holding the fiat money means that its value is decreasing because of the inflation.
Bitcotalk

Activity: 966
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 10:55:31 PM

yeah that is right no one will leave the world of fiat even if the world system shifted to digital world at all, they will prefer to use their fiat in their local markets and small shops, plus there are some older uneducated people who cannot adopt bitcoin they will also prefer fiat.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 11:08:39 PM

Why not? I am using fiat very often, cause using bitcoins in my country in physical shops is unreal nowdays, i hope that someday bitcoin will become legal currency everywhere.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2016, 11:33:06 PM

yeah that is right no one will leave the world of fiat even if the world system shifted to digital world at all, they will prefer to use their fiat in their local markets and small shops, plus there are some older uneducated people who cannot adopt bitcoin they will also prefer fiat.
Also its impossible to happen and i think government will not accept bitcoin as payment..
Maybe some stores are accept bitcoin as payment but government are not..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1101

View Profile
July 21, 2016, 11:35:41 PM

Also its impossible to happen and i think government will not accept bitcoin as payment..
Maybe some stores are accept bitcoin as payment but government are not..
If Government will not accept bitcoin as a currency then they will never allow any physical shop too to accept bitcoin as a mode of payment.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:08:42 AM

you can believe in fiat or not believe in fiat, that doesn't make any change in how things work with it. there is a working system that has been around for many years and every single person on the planet is using it. so it really doesn't matter because we all need it Smiley

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 07:13:14 AM

you can believe in fiat or not believe in fiat, that doesn't make any change in how things work with it. there is a working system that has been around for many years and every single person on the planet is using it. so it really doesn't matter because we all need it Smiley
I am too not having any doubts on the survival of fiats system when bitcoin revolution starts. But, people will go for most effective system for their needs and fiats had shown many times not that much flexible compared to bitcoin.

Even fiats are here for thousands of years, when there is no use of them with it's no flexibility then it's age would be no more a concern.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 07:35:57 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2016, 10:21:13 AM by deisik

I am too not having any doubts on the survival of fiats system when bitcoin revolution starts. But, people will go for most effective system for their needs and fiats had shown many times not that much flexible compared to bitcoin.

Even fiats are here for thousands of years, when there is no use of them with it's no flexibility then it's age would be no more a concern.

You seem to have got carried away a tad in respect to fiats being here for thousands of years. If we don't consider failed experiments with paper money in China, fiat money has been around since 17th century only...

And it was far from perfect either (Johan Palmstruch in Sweden and John Law in France didn't end well)

Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 09:08:52 AM

Yes. Bitcoin can not replace fiat because fiat made to be use around the so no one crypto currency to replace fiat. And no one can replace it no matter what power they have. Bitcoin is only a crypto currency that use like fait. Fait we need it because we it everyday. So i believe in fiat.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
nururochac

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:58:34 AM

People who wants new things will move forward to use bitcoin while people who still want to remain simple and static will live their lifestlye like what they used to. Maybe the reason of others that stick to fiat is the memories that attached on it.
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 10:02:57 AM

I do hate fiat money but I still have to use it in my daily life. With all the yearly inflation rates fiat currencies have, mot of the world still use it and trust it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: