Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:14:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: is it time to sell?  (Read 28600 times)
malzahar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:39:10 PM

No, it's definitely not the right time. I just checked the price rate and it's still the same. It might actually drop in a matter of months, or grow. Depends, but Bitcoin holding either way is such a risky thing to do. Still, it must be done. People get interest from all currencies everyday.

Its a dumb question to ask, but how do you guys know when the price will rise for the halving?

Am I missing something here.. is there a button on the wallet that shows when the time of day halving happens.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 07:44:48 PM

No, it's definitely not the right time. I just checked the price rate and it's still the same. It might actually drop in a matter of months, or grow. Depends, but Bitcoin holding either way is such a risky thing to do. Still, it must be done. People get interest from all currencies everyday.

Its a dumb question to ask, but how do you guys know when the price will rise for the halving?

Am I missing something here.. is there a button on the wallet that shows when the time of day halving happens.

The halving takes place every 210,000 blocks - roughly every 4 years (blocks should be found, on average, once every 10 minutes. In practice the average is roughly 9 minutes between blocks). The next halving will occur when the 420,000th block is found - we don't know exactly when that'll be, but we can estimate pretty accurately. There are a couple of websites providing estimates: BitcoinClock and BitcoinBlockHalf - the estimates vary (and BitcoinBlockHalf seems to bounce around a lot), but they both tend to point to the first half of this coming July.

This space intentionally left blank.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:12:55 PM

If you think that you already made some nice profits out of your buying price just sold it. Don't think on the halving first as we all know that the pre-halving effect are not yet around. And besides, if the effect will come out we can ride the wave quickly because Im pretty sure it's not on a quick speed so you will still able to ride.
I believe there are plenty of enough time for expecting the pre consequence of halving to happen. Because, bitcoin is already nearly got 80% value appreciations from the price of last November 2015. I guess that was the first the phase of pre-consequence of halving.

Its still pre-prices that are climbing, the true price will show in a few months now.

Then thats when the 80% mined ciruclation will really show in the apperciation form.

co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:28:25 PM

I don't think this is the right time to sell, its better to hold for some more time and sell at the time of halving to enjoy higher profits.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:54:22 PM

Actually I am not interested in selling my bitcoins, and I would prefer to keep them for long (although I use to move some amount in financial transactions), but of course this is my personal decision because I believe that in the long run the bitcoin price can return to the $1000 level at least.
FabioDelcatto

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 09:40:46 PM

I don't think this is the right time to sell, its better to hold for some more time and sell at the time of halving to enjoy higher profits.

This moment is not a good moment to sell. Reason why I think that is that the halving is just next door.
Just wait a few more months and if nothing has happened to the price, perhaps it is a good time to sell.
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:05:29 PM

No its not time to sell at all because the halving is upcoming so the bitcoin will rise to a higher amount for sure, I have no doubt about that this year.
We just need to keep the bitcoin till the end of this year like many people are already saying, if we do we gonna make profit if everything goes like planned.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:39:04 PM

This moment is not a good moment to sell. Reason why I think that is that the halving is just next door.
Just wait a few more months and if nothing has happened to the price, perhaps it is a good time to sell.

Lol, you are telling him nearly exactly the same as he did. Beside that, people tend to expect too much from the coming block halving. If there is going to be an increase of the price, then it will surely happen before the block halving, and by that time you must sell for the best profits. Once the halving has taken place the price will most likely plummet directly.
Chrismeister

Activity: 465

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:41:44 AM

It will be not the best time to sell your Bitcoins, but if you can make now profit with Bitcoin than you can do it and that will be not bad because the value will not rise around this time.
You must dont sell it if you are losing money and if you cant wait for a price increase you can trade or something to make a little bit profit, they are saying that the value will not even rise soon.
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 03:22:36 PM

Lol, you are telling him nearly exactly the same as he did. Beside that, people tend to expect too much from the coming block halving. If there is going to be an increase of the price, then it will surely happen before the block halving, and by that time you must sell for the best profits. Once the halving has taken place the price will most likely plummet directly.

Yeah halving doesn't promises the higher price as anything is possible either it will rise or fail, no one can predict the exact scenario at the time of halving.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:24:00 PM

Since bitcoin value quite stable recently, I'm prefer to hold it as long as it reach higher value than today eventhough I must wait another month

Yeah halving doesn't promises the higher price as anything is possible either it will rise or fail, no one can predict the exact scenario at the time of halving.

I thought halving will make bitcoin's value got increased  so I must wait for another year to sell , I guess
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 04:59:00 PM

Since bitcoin value quite stable recently, I'm prefer to hold it as long as it reach higher value than today eventhough I must wait another month

I thought halving will make bitcoin's value got increased  so I must wait for another year to sell , I guess

Halving will give us an opportunity to see higher price if everything goes fine, but as bitcoin is unpredictable and its really difficult to judge the exact price.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:32:14 PM

To be honest, I will wait till the halving has been done and than maybe wait till the end of this year, if the halving is good I would considering to sell my bitcoins, if this is not the case I'm gonna hold the bitcoin a lot longer and maybe than going for a long term investment.
Honestly I hope the bitcoin will go to a high amount so I can make nice profits this year.

socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:36:02 PM

For me as trader i sell and but bitcoin so i think it depends on you if you are a trader you should make profit in movement of bitcoin price because it easy to predict and its sure that bitcoin will rise after halving so if the price of bitcoin will decrease even 410 i will buy bitcoin and sell it when the price reach 420-425 so i can make 10 to 15 usd ever rise and decrease..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 07:24:07 PM

No its not time to sell because in fact this year its better to hold your bitcoin due to the fact the halving is coming this year.
I think holding is much better so we should not sell them for sure, we will regret this if the halving has been done.
vendetahome

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 08:28:52 PM

No its not time to sell because in fact this year its better to hold your bitcoin due to the fact the halving is coming this year.
I think holding is much better so we should not sell them for sure, we will regret this if the halving has been done.
you are right, the halving will surely make the price go up by significant margins thus it will make every holder benefit out of the bitcoins that he holds thats why we shouldnt sell now

also i think that bitcoin will keep on growing in the future really strong because more people are putting their money into it thus we shouldnt sell bitcoin anytime soon i think
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 03:06:11 AM

Exactly now its not the time to sell, but when the price rises only to a certain extent its possible to sell at the peak price as its falls gradually in a short time.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 04:28:16 AM

Exactly now its not the time to sell, but when the price rises only to a certain extent its possible to sell at the peak price as its falls gradually in a short time.

I think its right to sell if you can gain profit from your coin by 5-10% of its whole value or maybe if you can profit around 5-10 dollars of the price when you have bought your coin.
quadriple7

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 10:33:22 AM

Interest in buying has reached peak level seen only last time when it crashed
http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=%22sell%20bitcoins%22%2C%20%22buy%20bitcoins%22&cmpt=q

no it is not even close to time to sell bitcoins, if you will sell your bitcoins now then you will be very stupid because price is small now compared to what it will be soon, 430$ is now and it should be around 800$ after halving

so no you shouldn't sell them now, like i said. keep your coins till July, you will get lots of profit if you will sell your coins then
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 12:27:43 PM

I think its right to sell if you can gain profit from your coin by 5-10% of its whole value or maybe if you can profit around 5-10 dollars of the price when you have bought your coin.

Short term profits are nice if you as trader know how to trade properly and you have some coins in your cold wallet to hold for the long term. But if you take profits with all the coins that you have, then it's quite risky as you may end up buying back at higher prices when the price doesn't go down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: