Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:40:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: - AURORACOIN -  (Read 136763 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:55:56 PM

Ok, I had a look at it. The code tries to access the "testnet" output from the getinfo rpc call, which is removed from the new version.

Looking at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=457574.0 I've come up with the following solution:

In p2pool/bitcoin/networks.py you need to find the "RPC_CHECK=" definition, which should be something in the line of:

Code:
RPC_CHECK=defer.inlineCallbacks(lambda bitcoind: defer.returnValue(
            'auroracoinaddress' in (yield bitcoind.rpc_help()) and
            not (yield bitcoind.rpc_getinfo())['testnet']
        )),

This needs to be changed into:

Code:
            'auroracoinaddress' in (yield bitcoind.rpc_help())
        )),

That should prevent the exception. Do note that this removes a check that could potentially prevent things running amok further in the code, but my guess are that those chances are slim (it checks for the testnet not being active, which we removed).
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 11:05:19 PM

Right. I'm pretty sure I'm using this p2pool version:

https://github.com/tumist/p2pool-aur

If I make these changes, will I still be able to connect to other nodes? ie: http://crypto.office-on-the.net:12349/static/

Also, maybe it would be worth creating a new p2pool repo especially for AUR & putting a note in the OP?

I'll test the changes as soon as I cen, probably in the next day or so.

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:02:08 PM

Right. I'm pretty sure I'm using this p2pool version:

https://github.com/tumist/p2pool-aur

If I make these changes, will I still be able to connect to other nodes? ie: http://crypto.office-on-the.net:12349/static/

Also, maybe it would be worth creating a new p2pool repo especially for AUR & putting a note in the OP?

I'll test the changes as soon as I cen, probably in the next day or so.

If you make the changes only here: https://github.com/tumist/p2pool-aur/blob/release/p2pool/bitcoin/networks.py#L187 (Lines 187 to 189). Then I think that it won't affect the other coin nodes, as this seems to be auroracoin specific.

I'm not sure about your setup, as the repo above does not include coins as "Dash", "EMD" and "VTC", so I guess you use a different repo for those coins? Also the repo you mention seems to be quite outdated (and doesn't include skein, and possibly the auroracoin sha256d support, which you seem to have on the pool).

A fork of the pool software in our own repo should be possible, but I'm not sure if it should be the outdated pool software above (the main (BTC) p2pool repo seems still to be developed). So, I'm not really sure on what would be the best to follow here (The p2pool-DGB versions could also be used, as the current code is based on the DGB code).
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:04:49 PM

Version 2017.02.1.0 of the wallet software has now officially been released.

https://github.com/aurarad/Auroracoin/releases/tag/2017.02.1.0

This is a maintenance release. Updating is advised, but not required.
- Improved wallet loading speed.
- New checkpoints and updated seeds.
- Versioning code improvements.
- Minor in-wallet improvements.
- Removal of testnet and regnet code.
- Removal of Tor/Onion routing network support.

The MacOSX build will follow later.
preble

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 06:09:42 AM

ISX had more than 1000 volume for the first day in months.18 btc of buy orders on bittrex is also pretty good. Auroracoin is back!
dinobotta

Activity: 248
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:51:52 AM

TEDxReykjavik asked us to give a talk later this month about the Auroracoin project.

I will post again when http://www.tedxreykjavik.is/ confirms when and where the next event will be.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:41:02 AM

TEDxReykjavik asked us to give a talk later this month about the Auroracoin project.

I will post again when http://www.tedxreykjavik.is/ confirms when and where the next event will be.

awesome!! you guys go rock the boat. Who will do the talk?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 06:45:46 AM

ISX had more than 1000 volume for the first day in months.18 btc of buy orders on bittrex is also pretty good. Auroracoin is back!

You're exaggerating quite a bit, I think. I can't spot anything out of the ordinary in the markets. Yes, there's a volume spike on the ISK exchange, which is very positive. But it's not a reason for too much excitement in my opinion.

Just keep accumulating if you believe in the idea.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
preble

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 01:44:08 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 02:10:37 PM by preble

You're exaggerating quite a bit, I think. I can't spot anything out of the ordinary in the markets. Yes, there's a volume spike on the ISK exchange, which is very positive. But it's not a reason for too much excitement in my opinion.

I know its not reason for too much excitement for now but ISX exchange on most days had less than a 10 dollar volume so I was pleased to see that. I am a substantial holder and do believe in the idea. I think it has good upside potential especially if Iceland decided auroracoin was a good alternative to the krona. My "auroracoin is back" comment should be reserved when auroracoin breaks through the 10 million market cap barrier.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 03:25:37 PM

I know its not reason for too much excitement for now but ISX exchange on most days had less than a 10 dollar volume so I was pleased to see that. I am a substantial holder and do believe in the idea. I think it has good upside potential especially if Iceland decided auroracoin was a good alternative to the krona. My "auroracoin is back" comment should be reserved when auroracoin breaks through the 10 million market cap barrier.

The orders at ISX generated also a bit of joy on my side. It has improved the order books considerably (there was a huge gap between buy and sell there). For merchant acceptance in Iceland it is good to have small trading gaps there, as it reduces their risk for conversion. As for "Auroracoin is back"... it never went away, the dev team and foundation have been just very busy in the past few months. I hope we can show some of these developments soon. The new wallet release is a first step towards that.
preble

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 03:40:46 PM

The orders at ISX generated also a bit of joy on my side. It has improved the order books considerably (there was a huge gap between buy and sell there). For merchant acceptance in Iceland it is good to have small trading gaps there, as it reduces their risk for conversion. As for "Auroracoin is back"... it never went away, the dev team and foundation have been just very busy in the past few months. I hope we can show some of these developments soon. The new wallet release is a first step towards that.

Keep up the good work. Yeah that is good the gap is shrinking between buy/sell orders for auroracoin.
Mikkiun

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:09:11 PM

Thanks for your notice . Auroracoin has come back again and it will be better than before. I need to buy more coins for holding long term.
Auroracoin must be in the top tens of altcoins worth buying and holding for long term.

Minexcoin-A new era of payments||ICO||DISCUSSION
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 07:17:56 PM

Please come joins us in mining AUR - Skein at www.l8nit3-miners.com

Simply point your miners to stratum+tcp://www.107.161.95.108:3341 or :3342 <- VARDIFF

**DISCLAIMER - Pool is curently in beta mode while changes are made, use failover settings - **DISCLAIMER**
preble

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 07:22:17 AM

Thanks for your notice . Auroracoin has come back again and it will be better than before. I need to buy more coins for holding long term.
Auroracoin must be in the top tens of altcoins worth buying and holding for long term.

You read my mind. Obviously I love bitcoin but auroracoin is my second favorite one that I own and that is saying something since I own 8 other cryptocurrencies besides those two. I bought up another 5.7k stack of AUR to bring my total to 21.7k AUR.
Trukkur

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 10:06:03 PM

finally the ISK market as the same price as bittrex, I've been buying and will buy more Smiley
preble

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 07:16:37 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2017, 07:32:31 AM by preble

Bitcoin is still illegal in Iceland because any outflow of currency is not allowed which makes auroracoin even more interesting. Auroracoin was created in Iceland for the people of Iceland. In order to invest in cryptocurrency in Iceland, auroracoin is the only viable option now and an exceptional one. I like that auroracoin hasn't quite exploded yet allowing me time to slowly accumulate. I believe Auroracoin will become the "bitcoin" of Iceland someday where it will be utilized in everyday transactions at many businesses.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:25:15 PM

Here some material for inspiration:

http://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/nature_and_travel/2017/03/06/icelandic_aurora_photo_published_by_nasa/

I know it's off-topic, but I had to share.
dinobotta

Activity: 248

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 11:21:30 AM

Bitcoin is still illegal in Iceland because any outflow of currency is not allowed which makes auroracoin even more interesting. Auroracoin was created in Iceland for the people of Iceland. In order to invest in cryptocurrency in Iceland, auroracoin is the only viable option now and an exceptional one.

Bitcoin has never been illegal in Iceland. It has been illegal to buy USD, EUR or other currencies for ISK because of the currency controls.

The currency controls have been lifted partially for individuals and we will have to see if companies in Iceland will get the same rights, I doubt the government will fully abolish the controls, but who knows.

Iceland implemented currency controls first in 1931 and lifted them partially in 1995 when Iceland entered the European Economic Area. The Central bank of Iceland decided and fixed the foreign exchange rate in Iceland until 2001 when currency controls were fully dismantled and the Fx rate was determined by the market.

It only took us 7 years from 2001-2008 to go fully overboard with a free flowing ISK and no currency controls or 13 years counting from 1995. So I'm guessing from history that the ISK can never fully be set free without dire consequences.

I like that auroracoin hasn't quite exploded yet allowing me time to slowly accumulate. I believe Auroracoin will become the "bitcoin" of Iceland someday where it will be utilized in everyday transactions at many businesses.

Looking at Bitcoin's scaling problems and soon to be $1 fee for normal transactions I think that it will never be used in everyday transactions anywhere in the world and Bitcoin's role will be like gold's role 100 years ago when it was used as currency and local cryptocurrencies like Auroracoin will be the equivalent to silver and will be used in everyday transactions by individuals.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 12:11:28 AM

Ok, I had a look at it. The code tries to access the "testnet" output from the getinfo rpc call, which is removed from the new version.

Looking at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=457574.0 I've come up with the following solution:

In p2pool/bitcoin/networks.py you need to find the "RPC_CHECK=" definition, which should be something in the line of:

Code:
            'auroracoinaddress' in (yield bitcoind.rpc_help()) and
            not (yield bitcoind.rpc_getinfo())['testnet']
        )),

This needs to be changed into:

Code:
            'auroracoinaddress' in (yield bitcoind.rpc_help())
        )),

That should prevent the exception. Do note that this removes a check that could potentially prevent things running amok further in the code, but my guess are that those chances are slim (it checks for the testnet not being active, which we removed).

That done the trick - thanks!

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
Telepo

Activity: 128

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 06:51:03 AM

I have just heard a rumor that Aube roracoin will a digital currency for Iceland in the future? I just want to know if it is true or false?
it seems that Price is quite high after this rumor releasing. Maybe I'm wrong.

Minexcoin — A new era of payments ||ICO ||DISCUSSION
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: