Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:27:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [KRB] Karbo (Ҝ) Кapбoвaнeць - Ukrainian Electronic Karbovanets CryptoNote  (Read 492941 times)
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1101

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 11:00:42 AM

Happy new year everyone! Democats pool is back online:
http://democats.org/pool/?name=karbowanec

Great news! The best New Year Gift!

Thank you for your work and supporting Karbo! It was really non trivial task to add support of our changes, we appreciate that.

It looks like there are still some problems. The daemon crushed after a block was found. Back offline, I hope I will bring it back up today
It still shows a little different difficulty though it block was accepted by the network

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
MWD64

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 11:02:51 AM

Thank you for your work and supporting Karbo! It was really non trivial task to add support of our changes, we appreciate that.

It looks like there are still some problems. The daemon crushed after a block was found. Back offline, I hope I will bring it back up today
It still shows a little different difficulty though it block was accepted by the network

When a pool is starting back up it takes a while for the difficulty to show what other pools are showing. Is that possibly what you're seeing?

Check out and use The BipCot NoGov license
karman383

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:44:54 AM

Is there anyone here tell me, where can I rent rigs to mine Karbowanec.
Thanks!
hugabase

Activity: 824
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:50:37 AM

goo KRB..!!!!
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 11:50:56 AM

When a pool is starting back up it takes a while for the difficulty to show what other pools are showing. Is that possibly what you're seeing?
No, I believe it is still some difference in diff formula.

Thanks!
At Nicehash but limit to low hashrate for longer period of time, big hashrate won't give you advantage for longer than few minutes.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 11:52:29 AM

goo KRB..!!!!
It is goin, have you seen vol at Cryptopia?

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
karman383

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:59:18 AM

Thanks!
At Nicehash but limit to low hashrate for longer period of time, big hashrate won't give you advantage for longer than few minutes.

Yeah it seems difficult for the benefit of mine, I want mining with own GPU, but here is constrained electricity.
So...Thanks for your advice
MWD64

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 12:08:07 PM

You sure? It seems to be catching up. compare this:

to this:
http://krb.cryptonotepool.com/
(I assume correct)

I could be wrong, but I think it's still catching up. It's closer now than it was when I posted before.  Though it's hard to tell. Seems like a bunch of hash is coming on the Karbo network right now.

slb

Activity: 598
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 09:02:53 PM

Attempt N2. Help us find a few blocks to see is it all fine. Don't commit big hashrate please or you risk to loose your money:

Forknote (create cryptocurrenies easy) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1079306.0
Dashcoin (anonymous cryptocurrency) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1020627.0
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 09:08:31 PM

Attempt N2. Help us find a few blocks to see is it all fine. Don't commit big hashrate please or you risk to loose your money:
Judging from the correct difficulty at the pool and in block explorer in block 63876 found by pool it should be now fine.

Amazing work!

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
JerryWinski

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:36:50 PM

Thanks!

nicehash has it. Its called cryptonote or cryptonight.
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 11:24:05 PM

BTW FYI Claymore's CryptoNight GPU Miner v9.7 is out. Now it is possible to mine Karbo with flag -allpools 1  

Code:
NsGpuCNMiner.exe -dbg -1 -allpools 1 -o stratum+tcp://pool.karbowanec.com:5555 -u YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS -p -x

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=638915.0

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 01:18:18 PM

The result and the reason of the hardfork:

Thanks Democats we have stats with nice charts.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
MWD64

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 01:31:01 PM

Can you explain this a little more please?

Did Karbo have a blockchain fork before or after the mandatory software update?

Or are you saying that the mandatory software update was needed because the block times on Karbo got so long sometimes?

And did the block times get long because of the high hash attacks?

Is Karbo responding better now to those attacks?

thank you!
MWD

aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 04:18:35 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2017, 04:34:01 PM by aiwe

For hardfork software update was necessary, so first was mandatory update then hardfork.

Or are you saying that the mandatory software update was needed because the block times on Karbo got so long sometimes?
It was the reason. Updated software allowed us to conduce hardfork to block version 2 with new difficulty algorithm.

Exactly. The default Cryptonote difficulty algorithm with our realtively low average hashrate was abused starting the end of October by invasions of Nicehash miners who threw in relatively huge hashrate and mined ~300 easy blocks  before lagging difficulty wast starting to rise, and when difficulty was at last climbing high they were going away leaving the rest of the miners and network with big gaps between blocks causing delays in transactions confirmations. What we did in the hardfork -  changed difficulty calculation algorithm, now difficulty reacts much more quickly making impossible for Nicehash miners to mine easy blocks. It is because before hardfork difficulty was calculated based on window of around 300 blocks, i.e. Nicehash miner renting some 1Mh for an hour could easily mine 300 blocks at low difficulty before difficulty was starting to rise, now after the fork the window is much more smaller, 17 blocks and without lag so difficulty starts react to massive hashrate almost immediately. It wouldn't be the problem if they continue to mine, but after ther rizing of difficulty those Nicehash miners were leaving and the hashrate of the rest of the miners was too small for that difficulty therefore there were big intervals between blocks. This was unacceptable because confirmation time of transactions was too big, we had to wait for few hours for confirmations. The delays after the sudden drop of the hashrate was the reason of the hardfork.

thank you!
MWD
As you can see on chart after December 22 when hardfork occured Niecehash attacks ceased, chart is now straing and we have stable ~240 seconds average block time. They were trying, but literally after few blocks (around 5-10) difficulty starts to rise very quickly making Nicechash mining with comparatively massive hashrate unprofitable.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
MWD64

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 04:39:32 PM

For hardfork software update was necessary, so first was mandatory update then hardfork.

It was the reason. Updated software allowed us to conduce hardfork to block version 2 with new difficulty algorithm.

Exactly. The default Cryptonote difficulty algorithm with our realtively low average hashrate was abused starting the end of October by invasions of Nicehash miners who threw in relatively huge hashrate and mined ~300 easy blocks  before lagging difficulty wast starting to rise, and when difficulty was at last climbing high they were going away leaving the rest of the miners and network with big gaps between blocks causing delays in transactions confirmations. What we did in the hardfork -  changed difficulty calculation algorithm, now difficulty reacts much more quickly making impossible for Nicehash miners to mine easy blocks. It is because before hardfork difficulty was calculated based on window of around 300 blocks, i.e. Nicehash miner renting some 1Mh for an hour could easily mine 300 blocks at low difficulty before difficulty was starting to rise, now after the fork the window is much more smaller, 17 blocks and without lag so difficulty starts react to massive hashrate almost immediately. It wouldn't be the problem if they continue to mine, but after ther rizing of difficulty those Nicehash miners were leaving and the hashrate of the rest of the miners was too small for that difficulty therefore there were big intervals between blocks. This was unacceptable because confirmation time of transactions was too big, we had to wait for few hours for confirmations. The delays after the sudden drop of the hashrate was the reason of the hardfork.

thank you!
MWD
As you can see on chart after December 22 when hardfork occured Niecehash attacks ceased, chart is now straing and we have stable ~240 seconds average block time. They were trying, but literally after few blocks (around 5-10) difficulty starts to rise very quickly making Nicechash mining with comparatively massive hashrate unprofitable.

Thank you!

So is this something that all CryptoNote coins should probably do?

aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 04:44:50 PM

Thank you!

Not necessarily. For the coins with average hashrate about 1Mh this type of attack will not be so noticeable. Another way to resolve this problem is to stick to the bigger CN coin via merged mining like XDN or FCN merged mined with XMR.  For small coins, they have to do their research and decide.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
MWD64

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 04:47:05 PM

Thank you!

Not necessarily. For the coins with average hashrate about 1Mh this type of attack will not be so noticeable. Another way to resolve this problem is to stick to the bigger CN coin via merged mining like XDN or FCN merged mined with XMR.  For small coins, they have to do their research and decide.

Thank you.

so have the huge hash attempts stopped on your coin after the hard fork? Because my theory was that since this seems to happen on all new CryptoNote coins, and they use way more hash power than they'd probably need to get all the blocks for a while, that it wasn't someone mining for profit, but rather an attack.

aiwe (OP)
Legendary

karbo.io

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 04:55:16 PM

Thank you!

Not necessarily. For the coins with average hashrate about 1Mh this type of attack will not be so noticeable. Another way to resolve this problem is to stick to the bigger CN coin via merged mining like XDN or FCN merged mined with XMR.  For small coins, they have to do their research and decide.

Thank you.

so have the huge hash attempts stopped on your coin after the hard fork? Because my theory was that since this seems to happen on all new CryptoNote coins, and they use way more hash power than they'd probably need to get all the blocks for a while, that it wasn't someone mining for profit, but rather an attack.
They stopped. Because it was not profitable anymore with our coin. It was not an attack just greedy mining. It looks like there was more hashpower than needed because there were few such miners and they did not coordinate their 'efforts'. It was very profitable to throw big hashrate for an hour and get few hundreds blocks and therefore few thousands KRB. You see, the cost of one KRB for them was in a range 300-1300 sat. It is at the time when avg price was above 2000 sat. And they are just miners, they are not adepts of the currency, they did not care that those invasions were causing delays in transactions. Not only that, it also was slowering emission rate. Instead of few days we have to wait for a hardfork from block height ~ 55000 when in was announced to 60000 when it occured for a month!

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
MWD64

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 04:57:02 PM

They stopped. Because it was not profitable anymore with our coin. It was not an attack just greedy mining..,...

ah. OK. Thank you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: