Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:07:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250128 times)
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:13:37 PM

Looking foreward to the “Sneak Peaks” of the new wallets. Hopefully we will see some next week! 🎉🚀

Are the "Sneak Peaks" coming end of March, with written update end of April, more sneak peaks end of May, another written update end of June?

You can stop second guessing. Let the Dutch handle this. Pow2 and Segsig are real!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfa8fC93Pds

JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:29:12 PM

Looking foreward to the “Sneak Peaks” of the new wallets. Hopefully we will see some next week! 🎉🚀

Are the "Sneak Peaks" coming end of March, with written update end of April, more sneak peaks end of May, another written update end of June?

You can stop second guessing. Let the Dutch handle this. Pow2 and Segsig are real!

This update was a repeat of the previous ones. False hope for the fanboys. A lot of dumping to take place by Friday if no sneak peaks.
You can't say soon and take two weeks to present it to the community.

No one is buying what they selling.
Jean.Luc

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:12:58 PM

A lot of dumping to take place by Friday if no sneak peaks.

Ah, I see you found a glassbulb somewhere. 

Well I disagree with you. I think Gulden has a great future ahead of itself. Only question is: will you be part of it? I am following the Warren Buffet stategy. Invest in stuff you believe in. Not just on price. That will get you fooled to easily. But on product. And the promise it beholds. Gulden is on the brink of writing history. Not just for your wallets. But for crypto as an industry. What the Gulden development team is trying to pull off is a giant leap foreward for the sector. It will change how financials works, how banks work and how governments work. Just give them some slack, to do it right.
RichPissman

Activity: 339
Merit: 10

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:35:50 PM

Well I disagree with you. I think Gulden has a great future ahead of itself. Only question is: will you be part of it? I am following the Warren Buffet stategy. Invest in stuff you believe in. Not just on price. That will get you fooled to easily. But on product. And the promise it beholds. Gulden is on the brink of writing history. Not just for your wallets. But for crypto as an industry. What the Gulden development team is trying to pull off is a giant leap foreward for the sector. It will change how financials works, how banks work and how governments work. Just give them some slack, to do it right.

We gave them three slacks alteady! They just keep kicking everyone out!  Roll Eyes

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:38:35 PM

With the recent post of cobra about POW and BTC being centralized. NLG with POW2 might become an interesting topic for debate.
I have been holding since 2015 and I will keep on holding for the years to come. But I too would like to see some progress, I just hope patience will be rewarded in the end.
JwJimJim

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:17:40 PM

Sneak peak is another delay tactic. Wait a month for a sneak peak will only signal another 6 months to develop.
elijahtri

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:52:00 AM

Sneak peak is another delay tactic. Wait a month for a sneak peak will only signal another 6 months to develop.

I wouldn't panic yet, I expect the sneak peak to be out this week.
MaartanNLG

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:03:59 AM

I was kicked out of slack but found a good home on the telegram chat. I hear through the grapevine there is no testing for a long time and the update was to stop the price from total collapse. There won't be a sneak peak this week or next week because the developers are far from ready and why they removed the end date with no date.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:20:49 AM

You know what will be the most funny thing... when this update is finally released and the price will continue to go down...
PeterPicker

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:02:24 AM

You know what will be the most funny thing... when this update is finally released and the price will continue to go down...

That is a possibility, but then the entire crypto market is a sham with it's valuations, you will have one of the best developed coins outside of the top 200, to me this will indicate a .com like crash in the future, if the naysayers are correct and the update takes another 6 months then the community will lose interest.

Why I don't think the price will go down if the developers are being honest:

1. PoW2 making it possible to have secure 1 confirmation transactions
2. SegSig making Gulden the most efficient blockchain. 58% according to the stats on https://dev.gulden.com
3. 20% reduction in PoW reward for miners.
4. Long term holders like myself will turn to witnessing instead of having coins do nothing in the wallets. More incentive to hold coins where you don't lose on your amount of Gulden but only gain Gulden.

I am a short term holder currently in regards to how long I have held Gulden since it was created but plan to be a long term holder because I don't see anything else outside the top 50 that is doing much in pushing the boundaries of the blockchain.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:28:19 AM

That is a possibility, but then the entire crypto market is a sham with it's valuations.

There is a lot of "baked air" in there. Especially with coins that don't have a fiat pairing. Coins that can be bought only by crypto share their value with those other cryptos. They don't add up, like CMC wants you to believe. That's a big major flaw of CMC.

Example, simplified, You buy a BTC for 1 euro (BTC value 1 euro), now you use this BTC to buy one CoinX. CMC will both give 1 euro as value (total market cap is 2), while only 1 euro was actually spend.
smutexar

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:33:48 AM

I didn't want to post this in the Gulden Announcement page to avoid bias opinions but wanted to know if Gulden is a safe bet compared to other alt coins. The reason I am asking is I noticed there ranking on coinmarketcap is way below other coins that have nothing going for them or is it that the other alt coins are way over priced?
The project is conceived as the state digital currency of the Netherlands, designed to make a real breakthrough in the field of electronic money. One of the first this cryptocurrency began to take a network of fast-food restaurants Subway in the city of Leeuwarden. Therefore I think, time the state takes part, so it is possible to trust
flappie

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:18:16 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 09:32:52 AM by flappie
Merited by Jean.Luc (2)

There is a lot of "baked air" in there. Especially with coins that don't have a fiat pairing. Coins that can be bought only by crypto share their value with those other cryptos. They don't add up, like CMC wants you to believe. That's a big major flaw of CMC.

Example, simplified, You buy a BTC for 1 euro (BTC value 1 euro), now you use this BTC to buy one CoinX. CMC will both give 1 euro as value (total market cap is 2), while only 1 euro was actually spend.

In addition, we have also all ICO's where someone puts 10,000,000 flapdrol-coins on the market and a friend buys one Flapdrol for 10 euros and, hoppa, Flapdrol is worth 100 million on CMC.
according CMC all crypto's have a Market Cap about 375 billion euro. I think there is only 0,1% - 1% Fiat invested in crypto to produce that 375 billion CMC , the rest is baked air.
BioMike
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:54:40 AM

In addition, we have also all ICO's where someone puts 10,000,000 flapdrol-coins on the market and a friend buys one Flapdrol for 10 euros and, hoppa, Flapdrol is worth 100 million on CMC.

And that's the reason who HODL is such bad strategy. If they would be liquid, price would correct quicker and the friend just bought a very expensive Flapdrol.
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:24:21 AM

And that's the reason who HODL is such bad strategy. If they would be liquid, price would correct quicker and the friend just bought a very expensive Flapdrol.

HODL is not generally a bad strategy neither for an investor nor an asset, it reduces volatility to some point. The problem starts when an assets only use case is HODL.
Let's take a look at houses, most are HODL'ed for a relatively long time, therefore a bubble can build up (-2008), however for most houses there is also another use case (shelter) and that's why I wouldn't say that buying a house is a bad idea. Buying a house no one want's to live in and you buy because you think that you can resell it in a few years for double the price you invested however IMO is a bad idea.
JwJimJim

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:33:36 PM

Why does it take this long to post a "sneak peak" when the release is almost done? They posted the update on Friday, it's already Tuesday and nothing!?!?!
elijahtri

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:09:30 PM

Why does it take this long to post a "sneak peak" when the release is almost done? They posted the update on Friday, it's already Tuesday and nothing!?!?!

Not that anyone gives a shit but I will be selling my stock if the sneak peak isn't revealed by Friday as I am sure we are being played or the development team is hiding something that has gone wrong with the PoW2 and SegSig update. I could be wrong but Friday is a personal deadline and will be investing further in other projects.
metare

Activity: 93
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:11:43 PM

I cringe to think what the price is going to be after 1st March when development is not ready.

Price will be at it's lowest before the 1st March according to the charts I am reading. Gulden will have it's $5900 moment like bitcoin before returning to about $70 million marketcap while waiting on further development news.

Gulden should get to 0.08 Euros before the trend changes upwards.IE The fear sellers will be close to being finished and the smart money buying up will be greater then the sellers.

The mental warfare on this announcement page is peaking PoF (Proof of fear) and another 20% drop will be PoD (Proof of despair)

Lips sealed
Jean.Luc

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:41:22 PM
Merited by Morbs (1)

Gulden iOS Development Update

These guys are getting the hang of it, tease away Boys!! 👊

http://guldenbites.com/2018/02/28/ios-development-update/
Morbs

Activity: 270
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:21:36 PM

Not that anyone gives a shit but I will be selling my stock if the sneak peak isn't revealed by Friday as I am sure we are being played or the development team is hiding something that has gone wrong with the PoW2 and SegSig update. I could be wrong but Friday is a personal deadline and will be investing further in other projects.

I give a shit  Grin

I totally understand how you feel but i am not going to sell because when i sell theY announce the update and then Gulden will go to 0,50 eurocent so x4 and then you feel very bad  Roll Eyes

And if you sell where are you going to invest it in because i do not know it anymore.  I have 60 coins now but still think Gulden has the biggest potential of them all to go big but i like to hear what coins you invest in?
Pages: « 1 ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 [176] 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: