Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:29:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250128 times)
DashNLG

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:25:39 AM

I'm already an early NLG adopter since a few years now... and this thing is still in the gutter... at least not where it SHOULD be if the devs hadn't rejected all the help and cooperation they could get in the past few years.

You got to think of others , you have your fill of NLG but other people also want to get in at low prices compared to other coins. I agree NLG should be a lot higher but the advantage is you getting in at a good rate. At any point in time in the future a marketing company might start buying Gulden and then the marketing problem will be solved.
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:16:23 PM

I'm already an early NLG adopter since a few years now... and this thing is still in the gutter... at least not where it SHOULD be if the devs hadn't rejected all the help and cooperation they could get in the past few years.

You got to think of others , you have your fill of NLG but other people also want to get in at low prices compared to other coins. I agree NLG should be a lot higher but the advantage is you getting in at a good rate. At any point in time in the future a marketing company might start buying Gulden and then the marketing problem will be solved.

I can tell you first hand how effective marketing can be. Myriad developed Multi Algo, however most people will think it's Digibyte. Huntercoin did the first concept of 2 Algos but Myriad came up with the 5 algos in one. Digibyte copied Myriad with everything, same ALGOs etc , only difference was block times and reward.

The major difference is Digibyte was able to market it as their own and Jared isn't anonymous. Myriad devs are anonymous and have no marketing.

EG. What if Jared copies PoW2 and SegSig then does a marketing campaign and using choice words users will think dgb came up with the concept? Gulden team can't bury their heads in the sand, they must claim PoW2 and SegSig with a widespread marketing campaign.
RichPissman

Activity: 339

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 03:29:16 PM

Yeah, just imagine if you and your friends had have stuck around instead of going to another coin eh? Gulden could be in the top 300 and we could have posters on windy bus stops.

I don't honestly know what motivates you to keep posting in this thread. You're all over the place. First you were complaining about being dragged into the debate, then Gulden is terrible and you wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, then it's good and they're doing things the right way, then it's terrible again.

For a supposed serious guy involved with his own serious project you do seem to spend a lot of time in here bouncing around all over the show. You're like Bi-Polar bear and the up and down Christmas.

You still keep coming back to bash serious zero hour supporters as well. Maybe you made a typo in your username? Shouldn't it be Gulden Hodl?  Grin

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:37:33 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 07:25:58 PM by RichPissman

Rijk is laughing his ass off now, no one seems to even bother to check where the funds went. No one dares to even mention the words accountability or transparency in their nazi style run slack anymore! They are all afraid to get banned. Also the sense of loss has made them Gulden junkies that eat Rijks shit if he commands them to.

I really miss the daily phishing attempts on the old slack from anonymous users, anonymous users promoting their scam coins on the back of the Gulden user base. The new slack is much better and safer for new users.

There were very few phishing attempts in the Gulden slack to begin with. Mainly because it was heavily moderated already. The new slack is not there to be safer for the community, it's there to ensure the community is based entirely on blind followers.

Rijk is not interested in keeping his community safe from scammers, he wants (needs) to keep them clear from intelligent thinkers that ask critical questions. That's why he dumped a 5k community to start over with a fanbase of 200 (the ones still blindly pouring their BTC into his "dev"wallet).

It's not the first time he did this btw...

RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:46:18 PM

You can't expect mass adoption for a wallet that needs hours to sync...

No sh*t! Neither can you expect mass adoption for a wallet that needs years to be finished by a sole dev in South Africa and is kept a secret from that masses by an extremely closed circle of jay-sayers!

RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 05:52:42 PM

If I'm correct, marketing will come when the time is right. By then, things will become a lot more interesting.

Everything with Gulden will come when it's done that is why the time will never be right. By the time Rijk thinks it's time to do marketing everyone on the planet is already transferring funds with their thoughts via an implant in their brains!

The way I currently see it, everyone who owns gulden now is an early adopter.

The way I see it, everyone who owns Gulden now has been stupid enough to not sell @ 13k sat or dumb enough to buy the crap above 500 sat.

deztroyr1

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:31:51 PM

And after the BTC fork, there will be new excuses why people are not interested in NLG, or why NLG won't go to the moon.

What do you think the problem is for this coin to have such low value?

Biggest problem is the dev is allergic to marketing and refuses to accept any help on that part. He is also not interested in the price himself since he cashed out 650BTC from his community already.

Whales do their due diligence. They know an investment in Gulden is high risk because the dev doesn't give shit about their interests.
I think they want to deliver a proper product that can be used by any mainstream people as an alternative to regular banking systems. Without pow2 and segsig, this is simply not possible.

Sure it is, this is what the devs want you to believe. All you need is tutorials that show how it works. Nothing of pow2 or segsig is any problem for normal users.

Regular people who have not done research about crypto and actually tried to figure out how it works, won't just be touching any vague system that they simply can't understand due to its complexity.

Regular people don't do research on crypto or figure out how it works (I think most of the people in the slack (or forums) hardly knows how it works below the hood). All is open source, so they can investigate it if they want. NLG is based on LTC/BTC (changes are minimal), yet that has nobody stopped from using BTC/LTC. If you're reflecting on the complexity of the code, yes that is one pile of steaming sh*t... which originates from BTC and NLG devs are spending more and more time to keep up with. If you get back to basic block chain theory... it's not that difficult and can easily be broken up into digestible chunks. If the complexity is an issue... why are the NLG devs than implementing pow2/segsig? Which is another level of irrelevant complexity.

You can't expect mass adoption for a wallet that needs hours to sync...

We've got light wallets for that. If syncing is an issue, blockchain downloads are available for most coins. Syncing is slow due to two reasons: 1 is inefficient in-wallet download, which can be improved. 2 is the actual validating of the blocks, which require processor power and is the basis of the security of your chain; so if you want to speed that up, get a faster computer or compromise on your security.

There are many people who would probably give crypto/gulden a try but the bar has to be low and the product has to be working as well as possible from the beginning. People won't easily come back to try your product if it didn't meet its expectation from the start.

I think the poor ways of communicating by the devs has scared a lot of more people away than the current usability of NLG. This whole situation with the new slack is a nice example.

So with that said. Why go into heavy marketing for an unfinished product that is simply not ready for mass adoption (in this case mainly the Netherlands to be begin with)?

Because else it will never be finished and ready for mass adoption. NLG will never be a completed product, nor any other coin. It will just be a tool to keep people bound to the dev team, to make them feel important. If there is a plan it should at least be clear at what point they are satisfied with to starting marketing.

If I'm correct, marketing will come when the time is right. By then, things will become a lot more interesting.
The way I currently see it, everyone who owns gulden now is an early adopter.

nobody wants to bother with any of that stuff. things have to work and work fast and be an actual benefit over regular banking (if you want to attract more than just a bunch of cryptonerds). no crypto is an actual benefit over real banking for regular people at the moment.
you being salty over not making as much money as you could have is not of the dev's concern. they did not create this coin to make you rich fast. they have their own goals with this coin and obviously (as everyone who has ever been on their slack knows) they don't give a single crap about your roadmap. they care about their own roadmap.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 06:45:48 PM

Nobody wants to bother with any of that stuff. Things have to work and work fast and be an actual benefit over regular banking (if you want to attract more than just a bunch of cryptonerdsfanboys). No crypto is an actual benefit over real banking for regular people at the moment, not even Gulden.

You being salty over not making as much money as you could have is not of the dev's concern. They did not create this coin to make you, myself or any other of the hypocrite f*cks in here, rich fast. They have their own goals with this coin and obviously (as everyone who has ever been on their slack knows) they don't give a single crap about you, your ideas, your investments or your support. They only care about their own BTC wallet and ego.

Created a slightly better context, you're welcome  Smiley

BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:46:26 PM

Yeah, just imagine if you and your friends had have stuck around instead of going to another coin eh? Gulden could be in the top 300 and we could have posters on windy bus stops.

I don't honestly know what motivates you to keep posting in this thread. You're all over the place. First you were complaining about being dragged into the debate, then Gulden is terrible and you wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, then it's good and they're doing things the right way, then it's terrible again.

For a supposed serious guy involved with his own serious project you do seem to spend a lot of time in here bouncing around all over the show. You're like Bi-Polar bear and the up and down Christmas.

So, if you can't normally discuss the points I made with me, the only thing left to do is throwing shit towards me?

I've been pretty consistent regarding Gulden. Coin: good, Dev team: wtf?. That's also why I'm still here (and not on the slack). Regarding my time here, that's only in the morning and evening or weekends... during the working days I'm busy with that other project (you couldn't let it rest, did you).
Zonefan

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:35:43 AM

Everyone needs to calm down and look at one important fact. Despite Rijk's flaws when it comes to marketing and promoting Gulden, he has continued with it. 99% of the coins ever created have been abandoned long time ago and a lot of coins in this mix included devs getting paid large sum.

Gulden devs will deliver on these projects, lets set aside our differences and work together.
RichPissman

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:51:58 AM

Everyone needs to calm down and look at one important fact. Despite Rijk's flaws when it comes to marketing and promoting Gulden, he has continued with it. 99% of the coins ever created have been abandoned long time ago and a lot of coins in this mix included devs getting paid large sum.

Gulden devs will deliver on these projects, lets set aside our differences and work together.

Many have tried, you of all people must know by now it fails every time. Not because people don't want to work with Rijk, but because Rijk refuses to work with others.

In the end, Gulden aims to become Betamax, some other coins already use Gulden's improvements together with some good marketing and become VHS. My guess is Rijk won't even finish his development before DVD has become obsolete.

So sure, I'm very confident Rijk will produce the best and most user-friendly videorecorder the World has ever seen. It's just a pity it won't be done before everyone has a Netflix account.

Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:50:29 AM

New Gulden for iOS update with wallet linking functionality available.
Please follow the instructions in this article.

http://guldenbites.nl/en/2017/11/08/new-update-ios-app/
DashNLG

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:05:25 PM

Great update, I will test the feature later. Any reason this is another silent update? I am crying inside how good this coin is but fuck me you guys need to be a little less modest about them.  What is Gulden.com B.V, is this a new company backing Gulden?
guldenpagina.nl

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 12:18:35 PM

Gulden for iOS with desktop link functionality is now available in the App Store. With this function you can use an account from your Gulden desktop app on your mobile phone.

There are a ton of improvements that have made the app faster and more stable.

Gulden for iOS will now be issued by Gulden.com B.V. and no longer by Nocks. This means that there will temporarily be two apps in the App Store.

We recommend the following methods to move your Gulden to the new version (in any case, write down your recovery phrase).

Do you have a Gulden desktop app?
Create an account in your desktop app and choose "connect to mobile Gulden app", in the Gulden.com B.V. app you choose "link wallet".
Send the Gulden from your old Gulden for iOS app to this mobile account.

Only have the old Gulden for iOS app?
Write down the recovery phrase and open the Gulden.com B.V. app, choose "Recover wallet" and fill out your recovery phrase. After the synchronisation your Gulden will be visible. You can now delete the old app.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/gulden/id1291910508
Jean.Luc

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 01:53:21 PM

Great update, I will test the feature later. Any reason this is another silent update? I am crying inside how good this coin is but fuck me you guys need to be a little less modest about them.  What is Gulden.com B.V, is this a new company backing Gulden?

You are free to sent it to any newsagent/crypto news site you’d like. 💪
DashNLG

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:17:42 AM

They could start with at least tweeting about their update for godsakes, you got to admit this is very sad. I like this coin but they need help with marketing.

If this is the standard we can expect when PoW2 and SegSig is released I will have no choice but to do something.
lambomoonmoney

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:33:37 AM

I didn't want to post this in the Gulden Announcement page to avoid bias opinions but wanted to know if Gulden is a safe bet compared to other alt coins. The reason I am asking is I noticed there ranking on coinmarketcap is way below other coins that have nothing going for them or is it that the other alt coins are way over priced?

Im not sure this seems like a 50-50 investment.
Jean.Luc

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:08:22 AM

Great update, I will test the feature later. Any reason this is another silent update? I am crying inside how good this coin is but fuck me you guys need to be a little less modest about them.  What is Gulden.com B.V, is this a new company backing Gulden?

They could start with at least tweeting about their update for godsakes, you got to admit this is very sad. I like this coin but they need help with marketing.

If this is the standard we can expect when PoW2 and SegSig is released I will have no choice but to do something.

It’s not sad, I talked to him, he is just over-causious. Wanting nothing to go wrong. He will announce the update on official channels a bit later. It’s peoples money, they are going a great lenght to bring good software.
You don’t want situations like with , I think ETH it was, that it blockes half the blockchain.

And actually that is what I like most of Gulden personally. They care a lot about me as a user. Building a real alternative to fiat money, but cheaper, decentralized, and safer to use. A bit like Apple was before they started the iPhone hype.
TheCanadianBach

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 07:09:19 AM

Great update, I will test the feature later. Any reason this is another silent update? I am crying inside how good this coin is but fuck me you guys need to be a little less modest about them.  What is Gulden.com B.V, is this a new company backing Gulden?

I get the impression they helping close friends and family acquire as much Gulden as possible at these low prices. Keep things quiet, buy cheap Gulden , let all the updates stay out of the spotlight until they all have + 1 million coins each and then push the marketing.
SuperOrca

Activity: 188

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:01:26 AM

Gulden has slipped further down the coinmarketcap rankings to position 122, if it goes out of the top 200 it's game over.  This isn't trolling.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: