Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:36:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250128 times)
respectmyauthority

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:41:47 PM

I've purchased one months ago on amazon, just patiently waiting for the update release.
SopihxiDesil

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:47:16 AM

Guldens ranking goes down when btc goes up and today it goes down when btc goes down. I believe the coin has hit it's peak for the next few months. Won't post again until next year as this coin is a dead fish.
Talk to you next year

April, 08 2014: 0.000400 USD
April, 08 2015: 0.001144 USD
April, 08 2016: 0.002084 USD
April, 08 2017: 0.030600 USD

They have good increase those past years. I think that target will be archieved. Good luck with yours choice.
deztroyr1

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:45:48 AM

Don't be a knucklehead - Bitcoin doesn't have a premine.
ehh?? where do you see anyone state that bitcoin has a premine?

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
RichPissman

Activity: 339
Merit: 10

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 12:19:08 PM

Guldens ranking goes down when btc goes up and today it goes down when btc goes down. I believe the coin has hit it's peak for the next few months. Won't post again until next year as this coin is a dead fish.
Talk to you next year

Only reason for the increase is the rise of BTC, not Gulden. If you had bought $ 1000 worth of BTC on April 8 2017 you'd be sitting on 0.85 BTC now, worth over $ 5,500. The same investment in Gulden would be worth $ 2,612 now, that's less than half!!

Conclusion? NO Gulden is a bad investment, stick to BTC!

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 02:27:13 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 02:38:41 PM by Jean.Luc

Talk to you next year

So 30600/400 = 76,5 times your initial investment.
Well if this pace just continues!, april, 08 2018 should be around $0,76. Good enough for me. 🎉🚀
We’ll see. The updates will blow every crypto out there into pieces.
Trading BTC just gives headaches and sleepless nights. What are the chinees doing? Will the fork go or not? Does it spilt my portfolio in half by the time i come back from the toilet? 🙈🔫

P.s. My personal glaskugel is still saying €0,30 end this year and €1,- 1st of April. (But that obviously includes the updates).
Jean.Luc

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:55:14 PM

Just learned that the Gulden update is one big update, but activates in steps.
RodgerRabbit

Activity: 72

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:02:50 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2017, 06:13:00 PM by RodgerRabbit

https://dev.gulden.com/a-peek-inside-the-development-process/

Phase 1 – Gulden 2.0 will be released, it will function exactly like an upgraded 1.6 at this point with no PoW² functionality present yet. Upgraded miners will signal for an upgrade, when 75% of miners are signalling the software will activate phase 2.
(Expected to last at most a week or two – depending on miners)

Phase 2 – A new special backwards compatible transaction script type will become available to upgraded (2.0) users which will allow them to create witnessing addresses. Old (1.6) users will verify these scripts but won’t be able to create or use them.
Once a minimum threshold is reached (200 or more witnessing accounts with a combined weight of 20 million or more) we will enter

Phase 3.
(Expected to last at most a week or two – depending on coin holders)
Phase 3 – PoW² witnessing commences, with a few limitations that allow old (1.6) users to remain on the network (no transactions allowed yet in the witness portion of the block for instance). Witnesses and miners will automatically start signalling a percentage of how many upgraded users they are
seeing, when this percentage goes over an average of 95% for a fixed time period we will enter Phase 4.
(We anticipate that this may take several months)

Phase 4 – At this point our backwards incompatible changes trigger, new transaction format/rules activate, PoW² witnesses start to include transactions in their portion of the block, witness accounts start to switch over to a new improved backwards incompatible transaction format, new accounts using the old temporary format are no longer allowed, SegSig activates etc. The remaining 5% of 1.6.x users will no longer be able to participate in the network.

Phase 5 – After some time 2.1 will be released, code to support old witness accounts can/will be safely removed with affecting block validation – leaving us with a codebase free of technical debt. Checkpointing can also be safely removed at this point.

+

https://dev.gulden.com/august-development-update/

SEGSIG – JUNE 2017

While working on the optimal way to implement the new address type, it became obvious that many parts of the codebase that need to change to accommodate this are the same parts that are affected by SegWit.

At around about the same time after watching SegWit for some time, it become clear that though the Bitcoin team had still failed to activate SegWit there was now a clear determination to do so and that one way or another SegWit in its current form -will- eventually be activated,
we therefore had to at this point give up hope that the Bitcoin team might develop a better SegWit which makes the sort of changes we were hoping for and instead accept that if we wanted this it would have to be something we do ourselves.
And so the concept of SegSig was born, we were faced with two possible paths forward:

1) Release PoW² hardfork as originally planned. (including extensive testing)
Go through the work of having everyone including exchanges and mining pools upgrade to it.
Produce SegSig as a hardfork, which involves changing a lot of the same code as PoW²
Put our testers through extensive testing once again.
Go through the work of having everyone upgrade for a second time in a short time period.

2) Combine PoW² and SegSig together into one release, despite possible delays and release it all at once.

This was not an easy decision, I am not a fan of trying to do too many things in one release as this has the potential to get out of control and normally I would prefer to try and seperate things into multiple small releases. As a developer it would have been easier for me to take option 1.

Yes this is the Mother of all updates!
RichPissman

Activity: 339

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:21:18 AM

Phase 1 – Gulden 2.0 will be released, it will function exactly like an upgraded 1.6 at this point with no PoW² functionality present yet. Upgraded miners will signal for an upgrade, when 75% of miners are signalling the software will activate phase 2.

Phase 2 – A new special backwards compatible transaction script type will become available to upgraded (2.0) users which will allow them to create witnessing addresses. Old (1.6) users will verify these scripts but won’t be able to create or use them.
Once a minimum threshold is reached (200 or more witnessing accounts with a combined weight of 20 million or more) we will enter

Phase 3.
Phase 3 – PoW² witnessing commences, with a few limitations that allow old (1.6) users to remain on the network (no transactions allowed yet in the witness portion of the block for instance). Witnesses and miners will automatically start signalling a percentage of how many upgraded users they are
seeing, when this percentage goes over an average of 95% for a fixed time period we will enter Phase 4.

Phase 4 – At this point our backwards incompatible changes trigger, new transaction format/rules activate, PoW² witnesses start to include transactions in their portion of the block, witness accounts start to switch over to a new improved backwards incompatible transaction format, new accounts using the old temporary format are no longer allowed, SegSig activates etc. The remaining 5% of 1.6.x users will no longer be able to participate in the network.

Phase 5 – After some time 2.1 will be released, code to support old witness accounts can/will be safely removed with affecting block validation – leaving us with a codebase free of technical debt. Checkpointing can also be safely removed at this point.

+

SEGSIG – JUNE 2017

While working on the optimal way to implement the new address type, it became obvious that many parts of the codebase that need to change to accommodate this are the same parts that are affected by SegWit.

At around about the same time after watching SegWit for some time, it become clear that though the Bitcoin team had still failed to activate SegWit there was now a clear determination to do so and that one way or another SegWit in its current form -will- eventually be activated,
we therefore had to at this point give up hope that the Bitcoin team might develop a better SegWit which makes the sort of changes we were hoping for and instead accept that if we wanted this it would have to be something we do ourselves.
And so the concept of SegSig was born, we were faced with two possible paths forward:

Go through the work of having everyone including exchanges and mining pools upgrade to it.
Produce SegSig as a hardfork, which involves changing a lot of the same code as PoW²
Go through the work of having everyone upgrade for a second time in a short time period.

2) Combine PoW² and SegSig together into one release, despite possible delays and release it all at once.

This was not an easy decision, I am not a fan of trying to do too many things in one release as this has the potential to get out of control and normally I would prefer to try and seperate things into multiple small releases. As a developer it would have been easier for me to take option 1.

Yes this is the Mother of all updates SCAMS!

All these updates were planned in the first roadmap over a year ago. It required a 30BTC funding from the community (then worth less than $ 30k).

Today the DEV (the dictator not actually doing anything substantial, not the South African doing all the underpriced work) sits on a big stack of community funds of over 650 BTC (worth over $ 4 million!!)

Yet still, no real product based on the promises made over a year ago are finished.

So, I made a minor correction in your post above.

You're welcome  Grin

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
guldenpagina.nl

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 12:32:03 PM

Phase 3.

+

SEGSIG – JUNE 2017

Yes this is the Mother of all updates!

Thats a nice update!  Cool
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:30:32 PM

All these updates were planned in the first roadmap over a year ago. It required a 30BTC funding from the community (then worth less than $ 30k).

Today the DEV (the dictator not actually doing anything substantial, not the South African doing all the underpriced work) sits on a big stack of community funds of over 650 BTC (worth over $ 4 million!!)

Yet still, no real product based on the promises made over a year ago are finished.

So, I made a minor correction in your post above.

You're welcome  Grin

The South African DEV has been offered to work for other big named coins but he turned it down, only reason I can guess is he hates marketing or the spotlight? This works well for Rijk as he doesn't do any marketing and dev doesn't have to be concerned with Gulden becoming popular.

DashNLG

Activity: 156

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:05:11 PM

New Gulden for iOS update with wallet linking functionality available.
Please follow the instructions in this article.

http://guldenbites.nl/en/2017/11/08/new-update-ios-app/

Great update, I will test the feature later. Any reason this is another silent update? I am crying inside how good this coin is but fuck me you guys need to be a little less modest about them.  What is Gulden.com B.V, is this a new company backing Gulden?

You are free to sent it to any newsagent/crypto news site you’d like. 💪

They could start with at least tweeting about their update for godsakes, you got to admit this is very sad. I like this coin but they need help with marketing.

If this is the standard we can expect when PoW2 and SegSig is released I will have no choice but to do something.

It’s not sad, I talked to him, he is just over-causious. Wanting nothing to go wrong. He will announce the update on official channels a bit later. It’s peoples money, they are going a great lenght to bring good software.

They released to the Apple store (and is accepted), but are not confident yet that something could go wrong? Are they still testing it? And others have already reported on it (was this leaked)?

Still no announcement about the iOS update from the official team sources?

I really thought people were trolling about how bad the marketing is but this is plain terrible. The link feature is very cool but these hermits need to let people know what's going on, they can't thumb suck a update has taken place? What about users not using bitcointalk?
Jean.Luc

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:44:51 PM

The official statement by the Gulden Devs communicated on twitter and their development pages.

https://dev.gulden.com/gulden-for-ios-with-desktop-link-functionality-is-now-available-in-the-app-store/

https://twitter.com/gulden/status/930009465486790656

This iOS update and the recent desktop app update are in preparation of the next major Gulden 2.0 update comming soon.
LupeKidman

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:51:00 PM

so I think yes definetly but it's too young
Marstrand

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:59:40 PM

P.s. My personal glaskugel is still saying €0,30 end this year and €1,- 1st of April. (But that obviously includes the updates).

Did your glaskugel also say who is going to buy? The devs moved away completely with the slack action from crypto community, so why should a normal person on the street give rats @ss about the coming updates? I personally think you should be already happy if it sees €0,10 again (after the update) that's a whopping 30% increase....which normal people instantly take profit.

FUD squad
TimBurton

Activity: 64

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:22:25 PM

Did your glaskugel also say who is going to buy? The devs moved away completely with the slack action from crypto community, so why should a normal person on the street give rats @ss about the coming updates? I personally think you should be already happy if it sees €0,10 again (after the update) that's a whopping 30% increase....which normal people instantly take profit.

Pandering to mainstream users is a double edge sword because 5-10% profit is like winning a Jackpot when you don't get any interest in your bank accounts. Crypto users are different, they need 300% profits before they consider selling which is why most of the coins in top 100 can experience these gains.
It is true that Gulden has in ratio one of, if not the poorest community for the number of users it has.

Stratis for instance has far less users but a much higher price for 2 reasons.

1. Users are rich and don't mind holding.
2. They don't have any mining rewards, 100% premine.

DashNLG

Activity: 156

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:44:15 AM

The official statement by the Gulden Devs communicated on twitter and their development pages.

https://dev.gulden.com/gulden-for-ios-with-desktop-link-functionality-is-now-available-in-the-app-store/

This iOS update and the recent desktop app update are in preparation of the next major Gulden 2.0 update comming soon.

Thank you Jean.Luc, it's about time.
TomPetty

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:36:45 AM

It's shocking to me how much shit this dev team gets for actually delivering what they promise. There is definitely a double standard in crypto and we all know the complaining is about the ranking of the coin being close to a all time low at 128 on coinmarketcap. Lets be honest here, if this coin was in the top 50 you would all be sucking Rijk's dick.

I can compare Gulden to CD Projekt Red of the crypto world, like Gulden , CD Projekt Red doesn't have any publishers(investors/single large funders) to answer too, this is why they have created the best single player game this generation in the witcher 3. Gulden is creating the best crypto currency and you getting all this for one big fucking bargain. More game , more quality for less money.

Bitcoin is already being taken over by globalists, who do you think is behind blockstream and influencing a lot of political decisions... Let the globalists invest in the shit coins, real ordinary people can invest in the best.

JwJimJim

Activity: 146

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:25:32 AM

It's shocking to me how much shit this dev team gets for actually delivering what they promise. There is definitely a double standard in crypto and we all know the complaining is about the ranking of the coin being close to a all time low at 128 on coinmarketcap. Lets be honest here, if this coin was in the top 50 you would all be sucking Rijk's dick.

I can compare Gulden to CD Projekt Red of the crypto world, like Gulden , CD Projekt Red doesn't have any publishers(investors/single large funders) to answer too, this is why they have created the best single player game this generation in the witcher 3. Gulden is creating the best crypto currency and you getting all this for one big fucking bargain. More game , more quality for less money.

Bitcoin is already being taken over by globalists, who do you think is behind blockstream and influencing a lot of political decisions... Let the globalists invest in the shit coins, real ordinary people can invest in the best.

Gulden has dropped to rank 132 today.

As another poster said.

BTC goes up - Gulden rank goes down.
BTC goes down - Gulden rank goes down.
TheCanadianBach

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:10:38 AM

How stable is the development team, let's say PoW2 and SegSig is ignored by the crypto community for obvious reasons (It will make their investments look bad), will the developers hang around or will they look to join cryptos that have more investors? "if you can't beat them, join them"
Myraidcoins

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:21:42 AM

How stable is the development team, let's say PoW2 and SegSig is ignored by the crypto community for obvious reasons (It will make their investments look bad), will the developers hang around or will they look to join cryptos that have more investors? "if you can't beat them, join them"

The main developer MaNI said he was only with Gulden because he trusted the project for not being a scam run by snake oil salesmen. He will leave the crypto space for good if Gulden does not workout. This would be a sad day for crypto since I do consider this guy one of the top 5 developers.

Please stop this nonsense, it is insulting, you claim to be a supporter of Gulden yet you keep insulting the developers by having so little faith in us that you think we are sitting around waiting for job offers from elsewhere.
We are in this for the long haul, and are not going to just "jump ship" at first sign of any difficulty, that is not how something of worth is built. Quite the contrary, our hard work is only just starting to pay off and there is no way we would do anything ridiculous to throw that all away. W are at the -beginning- of something very exciting here and can't wait to move on to the next part.

Quite honestly I don't know where or how you assume I would actually -want- to work for any of these other coins? Did it occur to you that I probably have multiple jobs outside of crypto that I could easily take right now? If for some reason Gulden failed (which it won't) - what makes you think I would want anything to do with these other project? I work for Gulden because I choose too, not because of a lack of other offers.
Perhaps you don't realise it but I am a person not a soul sucking vampire, money while a factor is not everything, I've turned down many job offers in my life and I will turn down many more, I pick the jobs I take based on many factors Gulden included, I see something in Gulden that I don't anywhere else. I have 0, zilch, absolutely no interest in any of these other coins, it's really that simple.

As a developer I am personally far more interested in continuous user growth than I am in temporary price fluctuations, that is what we have and always will be working on.
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: