Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:29:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 184 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gulden a good investment?  (Read 250125 times)
DashNLG

Activity: 156
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:01:46 AM

Bitcoin has been a good store of value but any shop I walk into that accepts bitcoin say they not getting any people buying using their bitcoin and who would since the value keeps going up and up. I think Rijk wants a stable price for Gulden so people don't have to fear that when they spend their Gulden the next day it's going to be worth 20% - 100% more. Then they can buy back in the next day at a similar value.

Merchants are noticing this about Gulden and why more merchants are adding Gulden as payment method.

It does suck for people who want to make huge profits but as a currency Gulden is performing better then bitcoin as it's more stable.

Marketing of Gulden sucks but with marketing would come more price fluctuations. I don't know anymore maybe Rijk has thought about this and why the marketing is non existent.

When you google gulden you get this: "Gulden - Added value for your money" I guess by added value they don't mean added value as in financial but as practicality. Though i'm sure 99% reads the first meaning

Gulden is in a strange place, it will literally be the best coin technically but I doubt anyone will know this outside of the current community?
Sugaman

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:52:59 AM

I sold my Gulden 2 dsys ago so I contributed to the decline. I couldn't sit by while my friends and making huge profits on other coins and bitcoin. On the surface this coin has all the qualities but no one gives a fuck.

At least I have made some money back on btc already. Btc is king will never buy any shit alts again.

I made the best decision of my life selling Gulden when I did, my btc is worth a lot more then when I sold my Gulden for btc. You have noticed many users that used to post on this forum have left and given up on Gulden. Rijk has a lot of money and he doesn't care about the Gulden price.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:58:18 AM

Bitcoin has been a good store of value but any shop I walk into that accepts bitcoin say they not getting any people buying using their bitcoin and who would since the value keeps going up and up. I think Rijk wants a stable price for Gulden so people don't have to fear that when they spend their Gulden the next day it's going to be worth 20% - 100% more. Then they can buy back in the next day at a similar value.

Merchants are noticing this about Gulden and why more merchants are adding Gulden as payment method.

It does suck for people who want to make huge profits but as a currency Gulden is performing better then bitcoin as it's more stable.

Marketing of Gulden sucks but with marketing would come more price fluctuations. I don't know anymore maybe Rijk has thought about this and why the marketing is non existent.

When you google gulden you get this: "Gulden - Added value for your money" I guess by added value they don't mean added value as in financial but as practicality. Though i'm sure 99% reads the first meaning

Gulden is in a strange place, it will literally be the best coin technically but I doubt anyone will know this outside of the current community?

Technicality hardly matters these days any more, it's now the coin that makes the most profit in speculation.... period. Greed is high these days.
Luuk

Activity: 142

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:36:50 AM

Technicality hardly matters these days any more, it's now the coin that makes the most profit in speculation.... period. Greed is high these days.

Pre 2016 innovation was rewarded but crypto has fallen into the same trap as the stock market where it's where the money flows and that is the best coin.  A lot of new coins have the benefit of wealthy companies or individuals behind it that can support high prices. PoW or PoS however was not good enough because miners would have some control and so ICOs were born where a few individuals of said token can buy them all up and control the market easier.

We will have to wait and see if PoW2 or SegSig brings any new investment and if not then innovation is currently dead in this landscape and developers like MaNI may aswell go work for a bank developing blockchains for them.
JwJimJim

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:53:22 AM

Pre 2016 innovation was rewarded but crypto has fallen into the same trap as the stock market where it's where the money flows and that is the best coin.  A lot of new coins have the benefit of wealthy companies or individuals behind it that can support high prices. PoW or PoS however was not good enough because miners would have some control and so ICOs were born where a few individuals of said token can buy them all up and control the market easier.

We will have to wait and see if PoW2 or SegSig brings any new investment and if not then innovation is currently dead in this landscape and developers like MaNI may aswell go work for a bank developing blockchains for them.

Innovation is still rewarded , Gulden devs need to prove that PoW2 and SegSig is possible. All I see is delays and excuses. Latest was public testing to start this month. What will be the excuse when November is finished?
RichPissman

Activity: 339

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 11:19:26 AM

Innovation is still rewarded , Gulden devs need to prove that PoW2 and SegSig is possible. All I see is delays and excuses. Latest was public testing to start this month. What will be the excuse when November is finished?

Nothing will be released until February 2018 soonest and even then a major flaw will surface, we had that MaNi times before.

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
donnatello

Activity: 338
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 01:11:29 PM

Nothing will be released until February 2018 soonest and even then a major flaw will surface, we had that MaNi times before.

I have lost count of the number of times deadlines have been pushed back with incredible excuses, and after a while they simply did not offer an excuse. Stupid potheads like Rijk then act as if nothing bad happened. They did that for every misstep and half-truth they were caught up in. Kicked every critic off slack. Class act. Are all the Plasmans so terrible? I feel bad for them because for a while Rijk seemed to be trading off the family name. That stopped!
Jean.Luc

Activity: 408
Merit: 117

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:01:23 PM

The Gulden Community has sent information packages to shops in the Netherlands who already accept bitcoin, in an effort to inform them of a working alternative, Gulden, which is actually cheaper than regular payment methods.
The package includes a welcome letter, card display, cards, window stickers and install guide.
TimBurton

Activity: 64

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 06:06:22 PM

The Gulden Community has sent information packages to shops in the Netherlands who already accept bitcoin, in an effort to inform them of a working alternative, Gulden, which is actually cheaper than regular payment methods.
The package includes a welcome letter, card display, cards, window stickers and install guide.

Bitcoin has been real bad for merchants, they not getting any business through bitcoin transactions and they might think the same will occur with Gulden, but as I mentioned in a earlier post people might be willing to spend their Gulden cause the Euro value doesn't do much.
donnatello

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:04:52 PM

Where are the pictures, articles, user merchant reports...?

Show, don't tell.

I have Dutch friends who still have not heard of NLG. I know local charities with better publicity.
deztroyr1

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:47:59 PM

Show, don't tell.

I have Dutch friends who still have not heard of NLG. I know local charities with better publicity.

did you even read what he typed?
do your friends have shops that already accept bitcoin? no? then you are missing the point.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
donnatello

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:23:17 AM

Show, don't tell.

do your friends have shops that already accept bitcoin? no? then you are missing the point.

Sorry man, you're barely making sense.
RichPissman

Activity: 339

New Cryptoworld Order

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:53:51 AM

Show, don't tell.

Get used to it, Gulden fanboys never make sense, like "Gulden is a good investment, because it stayed stable @ 7ct the whole year"

Yeah, right, imagine you would have bought Bitcoin instead  Roll Eyes

OneTwo Coins, One Rijk, One Founder!
Jean.Luc

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 12:02:41 PM

Information packages for Entrepreneurs.
http://guldenbites.nl/en/2017/11/18/information-packages-for-entrepreneurs/
deztroyr1

Activity: 284
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:57:11 PM

Show, don't tell.

maybe this forum is not for you. sorry.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    40 PUBLIC AIRDROPS COMPLETED    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬   (✔) DeepVault Blockchain File Signatures  •  VoteCentral Your Vote Counts  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Marstrand

Activity: 74

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:02:53 PM

anyone know how big their current slack is?

FUD squad
respectmyauthority

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 02:33:49 PM

https://gulden.com/support
thorvald

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:26:23 PM

After studying their latest whitepaper I am really excited about Gulden. Current price level feels like an interesting entry to me.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▀  ███▄
████████████▀▀    ▀▀███▀  ▄█████
██████████▀         ██▀  ▄████████
█████████▀      ▄▄▄▄██▀  ▄██████████
████████     ▄██████▀  ▄██  ████████
████████     ███████▀  ▄██    ████████
████████    ██████▀  ▄████    ████████
████████    █████▀  ▄█████    ████████
████████    ███▀  ▄██████     ████████
████████  ███▀  ▄█████▀     ████████
███████████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀      ▄█████████
█████████▀  ▄█         ▄██████████
██████▀  ▄██▄▄    ▄▄████████████
▀████  ▄█████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

██████            ██████          ▄▄██████          ▄▄███████▄▄                ▄▄███████▄▄
 ██████          ██████        ▄██████████       ▄███████████████▄          ▄███████████████▄
 ▀█████▄        ▄█████▀       ████████████      ███████████████████        ███████████████████
  ▀█████▄      ▄█████▀       ████████▀▀        ███████▀▀    ▀▀██████      ██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
   ██████      ██████       ███████           ██████▀       ▄██████      █████▀           ▀█████
   ▀█████▄    ▄█████▀      ███████           ██████       ▄██████▀      █████               █████
    ▀█████▄  ▄█████▀       ██████            █████      ▄██████▀        █████               █████
     ██████  ██████        ██████            █████    ▄██████▀          █████               █████
     ▀█████▄▄█████▀        ██████            █████▄ ▄██████▀            █████               █████
      ▀██████████▀         ██████             ███████████▀     ▄███▄     █████▄           ▄█████
       ██████████          ██████              ████████▀    ▄▄██████      ██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
       ▀████████▀          ██████               ███████████████████        ███████████████████
        ▀██████▀           ██████                ▀███████████████▀          ▀███████████████▀
         ▀████▀            ██████                   ▀▀███████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀

[
 ▄███████████████████████▄
██▀                     ▀██
██  ▄█████████████████▄  ██
██  ███             ███  ██
██  ▀████████████████▀   ██
██                       ██
██                  ▄▄▄  ██
██   ██             ███  ██
██ ██████       ▄▄▄      ██
██   ██         ███    ▄ ██
██        ▄  ▄       ▄▀ ▄██
██      ▄▀ ▄▀      ▄▀ ▄██▀
██▄               ▀ ▄██▀
 ▀███████████████████▀
Telegram
ANN Thread
Website
]
donnatello

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:06:01 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2017, 11:50:41 PM by donnatello

Show, don't tell.

maybe this forum is not for you. sorry.

So you have nothing to offer at all besides trolling. Great. Gulden goes up.

@Jean.Luc   That was useful. Thanks
Jean.Luc

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:28:57 PM

After studying their latest whitepaper I am really excited about Gulden. Current price level feels like an interesting entry to me.

Price indeed is rediculously low in comparance what Gulden has to offer technically. 👍
Pages: « 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... 184 »
  Print  

Jump to: