Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:57:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving up gambling is not easy  (Read 54958 times)
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:05:07 PM

really?? giving in gambling is easy? Honestly I've only ever heard people say that, as far as I know many gamblers do not want to take giving in gambling because too many rules and surely you will face obstacles when you want to request a withdraw.

It is not easy , it is a very ahrd thing to do. I can only say that when people say that it is easy, that means the person is not heavily addicted yet so he can let go of it easily. When someone is heavily addicted like me than doing that kind of thing will be hard. The only way is to gamble for fun with small amount

I'm not addicted to gambling for now, but I heard that everyone becomes more or less addicted to it with time. And I think if I will be a gambling addict one day I'll use your advice. It's not like I see this for the first time, of course I've seen similar ideas many times on this forum, and as long as many gamblers say the same thing I think it makes sense to listen to it.
Listening on someones advice is really a worth thing and you are right its being mentioned already times on this forum but those advices will only applicable on person do have strong discipline and awareness to themselves but when the time that those people who give advice get addicted im sure they will surely have a hard time on applying those advices that he said to other people.
i think we are listening advises all the time from our elders, but i think the difficult is to apply, we just listen the advise from one ear and pass it out through the other ear, i think one of the most difficult job is to practically adopt and accept the advises, some time we we even know about some thing that is not good n our favour but still we keep on going and not even try to stop it, that is all  because that we are addicted and find it hard to stop it.

No doubt it's hard to stop it, this whole thread is dedicated to this problem, and we are trying to find a solution here. One option, for example, is treating gambling as an entertainment only.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 04:09:06 PM

The most important part is gambling can win you instant and fast money. Easy money is most likely to ruin you. Easy money hardly stays.
Some main reasons why it gets hard for people to give up gambling. They think it easy, instant and fast money. They end up losing their initial deposit. They think they can get back what they lost very easily and then ends up suffering from more losses. And that's how the cycle goes on and find it hard to give up their gambling addiction.
in fact gambling appears to be too much easy for making money but i think it is one of the most difficult job of making money. actually gambling do not require any proper education, gambling can be learn in a very very sort period  as it do not require any proper practice although your previous experience can also help you in making money but still it is not necessary that you must have experience in gambling. one can play and make money even wthout having any experience.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 04:56:28 PM

This is also like giving up smoking, but gambling can give hope for a big win and it's even more difficult to quit than smoking Grin
Gambling is not that bad as smoking. Smoking cause health issues, but gambling ruins the living standards if unlucky. Smoking doesn't have any limitations, smoking itself simply not at all necessary for a healthy living. With gambling addiction is a major problem which can be overcome easily if user realize the loss that happened in terms of money and time.

Smoking drains small amounts of money daily, and have potential to cause a very costly or even deadly health issues, while gambling causes financial problems and sometimes can be a major factor of depression. It's hard to say which one is worse, because they are quite different, some people have their lives seriously ruined by gambling, others just lose money but manage to keep a decent living, same with smoking - some get lung cancer, others live past 100 years.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:05:59 PM

really?? giving in gambling is easy? Honestly I've only ever heard people say that, as far as I know many gamblers do not want to take giving in gambling because too many rules and surely you will face obstacles when you want to request a withdraw.

It is not easy , it is a very ahrd thing to do. I can only say that when people say that it is easy, that means the person is not heavily addicted yet so he can let go of it easily. When someone is heavily addicted like me than doing that kind of thing will be hard. The only way is to gamble for fun with small amount

I'm not addicted to gambling for now, but I heard that everyone becomes more or less addicted to it with time. And I think if I will be a gambling addict one day I'll use your advice. It's not like I see this for the first time, of course I've seen similar ideas many times on this forum, and as long as many gamblers say the same thing I think it makes sense to listen to it.
Listening on someones advice is really a worth thing and you are right its being mentioned already times on this forum but those advices will only applicable on person do have strong discipline and awareness to themselves but when the time that those people who give advice get addicted im sure they will surely have a hard time on applying those advices that he said to other people.
i think we are listening advises all the time from our elders, but i think the difficult is to apply, we just listen the advise from one ear and pass it out through the other ear, i think one of the most difficult job is to practically adopt and accept the advises, some time we we even know about some thing that is not good n our favour but still we keep on going and not even try to stop it, that is all  because that we are addicted and find it hard to stop it.

No doubt it's hard to stop it, this whole thread is dedicated to this problem, and we are trying to find a solution here. One option, for example, is treating gambling as an entertainment only.
Playing just for entertainment is not enough. As long as you can not control your emotions you will fall deeper. The key here is emotional control and know when to stop. Let's say you limit your money to play. If you can not control your emotions, you will still gamble despite being over the limit.
maxpowerzz92

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:47:13 PM

Trying to quit cold turkey is very hard to accomplish.  You need to set realistic goals to achieve, and then only after keeping those goals are no longer difficult then progress to the next step.

For me, smoking was very hard to quit which in reality I haven't completely given up.  I'll tell myself that I'm not giving up smoking, but cutting back the amount dramatically.  Like a pact with yourself so if you ever do break it then it won't be a failure that you tried.  It's been years since I bought a pack of cigarettes.  Vaping has helped, but I'll still bum an occasional smoke and not feel guilty about doing so.

youdacapt

Activity: 1806
Merit: 295

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 06:25:15 PM

This is also like giving up smoking, but gambling can give hope for a big win and it's even more difficult to quit than smoking Grin
Gambling is not that bad as smoking. Smoking cause health issues, but gambling ruins the living standards if unlucky. Smoking doesn't have any limitations, smoking itself simply not at all necessary for a healthy living. With gambling addiction is a major problem which can be overcome easily if user realize the loss that happened in terms of money and time.

Smoking drains small amounts of money daily, and have potential to cause a very costly or even deadly health issues, while gambling causes financial problems and sometimes can be a major factor of depression. It's hard to say which one is worse, because they are quite different, some people have their lives seriously ruined by gambling, others just lose money but manage to keep a decent living, same with smoking - some get lung cancer, others live past 100 years.

Two different things in my opinion because cigarettes are means to increase concentration in work and in this case is gambling. It's easy to quit smoking because it can be replaced by other oral intake, but gambling is to meet monthly needs and one level above tertiary needs.

I suggest if you want to stop gambling online then take a vacation for some time, or look for other income offline. I'm not saying it's easy, but at least if we're busy with something else, then there's no more addiction.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:41:12 PM

I suggest if you want to stop gambling online then take a vacation for some time, or look for other income offline. I'm not saying it's easy, but at least if we're busy with something else, then there's no more addiction.

First of all, most people that started online gambling are actually low on funds so probably they cant afford a vacation. Secondly, it wont work at all if you actually dont have any determination to stop. If you have the determination to stop then you can stop immidiately, there is nothing that could stop your determination
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2017, 08:46:04 PM

I'm trying to compare gambling and smoking addiction. In gambling, when you became addicted into it, it's either you will live a good life being wealthy for having a good winnings or living poorly for losing a lot. In smoking, you will buy a smoke and sip it out and you'll get lung cancer and other diseases that is coming from a cigarette. I guess you are right that it's easier to quit with smoking than gambling.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 04:06:10 AM

I tried to quit gambling for good but since im in campaign everytime i received payment from the campaign i can't let my self not to place bets even small bets till i play for long time i can't imagine the money i lose because of gambling how if i stocked them all in my account like web wallet do maybe i will start next month.

It's your duty that you need to save the payment that you are receiving from campaign. And you should be responsible for it because if you are not going to save it for good, you can buy whatever you want in the future but if you will going to keep on using that payment for gambling. You will surely have a hard way to quit.

If you make another wallet you can add bitcoin on that and only send from thst wallets address to control gambling spend.
Yes never use all your payment to gamble. Use o ly some maybe half and accept the consequences.

reuschman

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 05:41:57 AM

I do agree with you on this point, you can't renounce gambling at a time, it's just like a drug. if you are addicted to it then you have to make a proper plan and routine. at first, you have to make up your mind, your strong determination can make it easy to give up. otherwise, it must be difficult for leaving it.
just_Alice

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 08:04:25 AM

Playing just for entertainment is not enough. As long as you can not control your emotions you will fall deeper. The key here is emotional control and know when to stop. Let's say you limit your money to play. If you can not control your emotions, you will still gamble despite being over the limit.

We are talking about different things. You don't have to control your emotions when playing for entertainment, you can be as much excited as you want and enjoy gambling to the full as long as you understand that you can't make money with gambling and thus you don't make plans to become rich with the help of gambling.
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:23:48 AM

I do agree with you on this point, you can't renounce gambling at a time, it's just like a drug. if you are addicted to it then you have to make a proper plan and routine. at first, you have to make up your mind, your strong determination can make it easy to give up. otherwise, it must be difficult for leaving it.

It is definitely easier to stop gambling rather than stop using drug. You are causing addiction on your own because you choose not to stop. If you choose to stop then you wont really have to bother yourself with it again and step out of it. We are responsible for our own action including action to stop it
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2145

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:01:48 AM

I'm trying to compare gambling and smoking addiction. In gambling, when you became addicted into it, it's either you will live a good life being wealthy for having a good winnings or living poorly for losing a lot. In smoking, you will buy a smoke and sip it out and you'll get lung cancer and other diseases that is coming from a cigarette. I guess you are right that it's easier to quit with smoking than gambling.

The only way to get wealthy from gambling is to win some jackpot, which happens to one in a million players. If you are got addicted, you are very likely to lose all money that you deposit, because addicted players never stop, and unstoppable betting is a sure way to lose your money. Smoking is a physical addiction, and lung cancer usually develops only after many years, and not everyone get it. So, smoking hurts slowly, while the damage of gambling addiction depends on the person, it can vary from slow draining of funds to quick falling into debts.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 12:24:31 PM

The only way to get wealthy from gambling is to win some jackpot, which happens to one in a million players. If you are got addicted, you are very likely to lose all money that you deposit, because addicted players never stop, and unstoppable betting is a sure way to lose your money. Smoking is a physical addiction, and lung cancer usually develops only after many years, and not everyone get it. So, smoking hurts slowly, while the damage of gambling addiction depends on the person, it can vary from slow draining of funds to quick falling into debts.

I dont think that it can be easy to win jackpot as well that is why I dont really care about it and only play for fun. It hurts me when I lose therefore when I only play for fun, I only use a small amount so when I lose it wont really hurt me. This is helping me alot so that I could keep gambling without hurting myself
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 12:45:54 PM

I tried to quit gambling for good but since im in campaign everytime i received payment from the campaign i can't let my self not to place bets even small bets till i play for long time i can't imagine the money i lose because of gambling how if i stocked them all in my account like web wallet do maybe i will start next month.

It's your duty that you need to save the payment that you are receiving from campaign. And you should be responsible for it because if you are not going to save it for good, you can buy whatever you want in the future but if you will going to keep on using that payment for gambling. You will surely have a hard way to quit.

If you make another wallet you can add bitcoin on that and only send from thst wallets address to control gambling spend.
Yes never use all your payment to gamble. Use o ly some maybe half and accept the consequences.

With this way of spending bitcoin of making another wallet just for gambling. I don't think it will be helpful to you, it will only going to make quitting add another difficulty. Because instead of thinking that you are going to quit, you will now have part thinking that you have an address that you have sent some amount for gambling.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kodes88

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:27:50 PM

We are talking about different things. You don't have to control your emotions when playing for entertainment, you can be as much excited as you want and enjoy gambling to the full as long as you understand that you can't make money with gambling and thus you don't make plans to become rich with the help of gambling.

I think we should still be able to control ourselves, including in playing for entertainment. Because if we play as entertainment alone but we can not control emotions, if we are experiencing a successive defeat we can get carried away emotions, and the goal to play as entertainment would not be achieved.
bhadz

Activity: 2422
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2017, 01:33:08 PM

If you want to become wealthy in gambling you don't have to win a jackpot or anything like that. Because as long as you are getting positive results when you gamble that will be the start of having a good winning momentum. But if you will keep on experiencing winning and you want to quit, do you think it will help you to quit?

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 01:59:40 PM

Yeah. Gambling is a addicting game, it is basically paid entertainment so most of the people are being addicted to it, it's difficult to quit gambling at a time because any addiction can't be removed in an easy way. It needs strong commitment and determination so if you want to quit gambling then you should make up your mind.

always easy when you have stronger desire more than you want to become rich instantly. nothing impossible as long as you put 100% of your effort to solve and quit gambling for good reason. otherwise the addiction would always take over yourself to do anything. in the end gambling would always be part of your daily lives.
i think it is different from person to person, if some  people do not  have strong determinant then they can stop and quit gambling, but those people who do not have strong decision power so they cannot stop gambling so easily, and i think that most of the people do not have such  determinant and well power so as to change their gambling habits.

Indeed basically to get out of it that we don't want, it certainly should have encouragement from ourselves. For every activity we do comes from our desires and habits that have been conducted by all that is, gambling is indeed profitable but all things must have a downside. So when we get something bad in it then it should soon be possible to get out of it and look for another way to get the best

just_Alice

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:38:27 AM

I think we should still be able to control ourselves, including in playing for entertainment. Because if we play as entertainment alone but we can not control emotions, if we are experiencing a successive defeat we can get carried away emotions, and the goal to play as entertainment would not be achieved.

You are right in that regard. Indeed if we get frustrated about losing, even though it wasn't our money but the money from faucet, we probably shouldn't gamble at all. But I think those are rare cases. Mostly people enjoy gambling if they don't lose their money to it.
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 01:46:50 PM

Giving up gambling is not easy, if you are only saying that you want to quit gambling with your mouth. But without works of quitting, do you think you are going to quit gambling? You need to push a plan so that you can quit gambling.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: