Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:00:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186364 times)
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 04:04:34 PM

I'm not sure if a better technology will emerge for the next few years, but at the moment Bitcoin is a market leader, and most of the technologies proposed in other projects can somehow be implemented in Bitcoin.
For the coming few years it doesn't matter if a better technology/crypto currency is showing up. Some say that Ethereum already fits in that category.

Every new crypto currency is being seen as an altcoin and nothing more. People don't care what features altcoins have as they only see the altcoin industry as a speculative investment opportunity.

Bitcoin will never be replaced. It will continue to function as an alternative to money where the store of value aspect will be the main driver for people to choose for Bitcoin.

Don't forget that we have some very exciting times ahead of us with the activation of segwit and lightning network. Updates where the community to a certain extent has been begging for.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 10:06:02 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

It is very possible. Perhaps another crypto currency will step up. Maybe it will make better use of blockchain technology I am not sure if that is possible though but perhaps they can solve issues or have a better system. Though bitcoin is here to stay for sure.
actually if you trying to look in altcoin announcements section you will see many of altcoins offering such a good and useful features and even having better planning than bitcoin, but that's all useless because most of them can't attract attention of people to use their coins because bitcoin is just enough,better system will not bring success as long it don't have its chance to be success
Bitcoin has most of the market share in the crypto world so to beat it a new coin needs to be such a huge improvement that to change between the cryptos is almost mandatory, since I don't think we have reached all the possibilities of what we can do with bitcoin then I don't see an altcoin taking bitcoin place
MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 10:36:13 PM

I'm not sure if a better technology will emerge for the next few years, but at the moment Bitcoin is a market leader, and most of the technologies proposed in other projects can somehow be implemented in Bitcoin.
I think if bitcoin continues to grow according to the times, and did not stop growing, then I'm sure bitcoin will continue to persist even though there are many other cryptocurrency which has almost the same technology
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 10:38:26 PM

Probably not. Bitcoin needs a really big flaw, like a security one to be replaced. Anything else, bitcoin can adapt through hardforks and the like.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:10:55 AM

Probably not. Bitcoin needs a really big flaw, like a security one to be replaced. Anything else, bitcoin can adapt through hardforks and the like.
i do not see why a really big flaw is not possible. it can happen. especially if you consider that the code is under development. also hardforks are possible but dangerous as they can split the community. do this a couple of times and you have a number of bitcoins. 

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:22:59 AM

I think if bitcoin continues to grow according to the times, and did not stop growing, then I'm sure bitcoin will continue to persist even though there are many other cryptocurrency which has almost the same technology

Yes, Bitcoins Growing continously and it is a mother of all cryptocurrency. Its hard to replace bitcoins. Bitcoin did have great potential. Most currency and transaction systems today are opaque, inefficient, and expensive. I saw many cryptocurrency in many other exchangers but still bitcoins continues to grow its price and i can't find other cryptocurrency to replace it.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:43:13 AM

Bitcoin has emerged as a innovation, following this lots of other digital currencies got developed. Among all those only very few currencies grew well, most others went off in a short term as well haven't got popularized as bitcoin. Based on these factor bitcoin getting replaced by some other digital currency is highly impossible.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
buddu

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:57:45 AM

Bitcoin won't be replaced by any other cryptocurrency because there is not even a single cryptocurrency which has even 1/3 adoption and acceptance like Bitcoin and this is biggest hurdle or obstacle for them to give competition to Bitcoin. There were lot of cryptocurrencies cam out claiming to replace Bitcoin but people even don't remember their names even. Bitcoin has more stable and bright future.
mcfom
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:02:46 AM

I don't think that Bitcoin will be replaced by another cryptocurrency anymore. Bitcoin always will enjoy its unique status of being the first cryptedcurrency and this is its advantage. I am big fan of cryptocurrencies but there is no use of them in real life in spite of all the great features and ideas they have. Main thing is trust and people don that on Bitcoin only.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:38:24 AM

I dont believe it may happen without some security issue, that is the only way that bitcoin can go down, because bitcoin is improving along with others altcoins, soo its almost impossible a replace happen for now.
Catlonid

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 10:55:12 AM

I think it could happen, bitcoin can be replaced by cryptocurrency if bitcoin prices decline.
 but I think for the moment remains above cryptocurrency and difficult to replace bitcoin because its price tends to be stable even increased.
Senor.Bla

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:03:29 AM

I think it could happen, bitcoin can be replaced by cryptocurrency if bitcoin prices decline.
 but I think for the moment remains above cryptocurrency and difficult to replace bitcoin because its price tends to be stable even increased.
if bitcoin is replaced then it most likely will have nothing to do with the price. this would make not much sense. it will be a superior coin, a technical issue or maybe a some government restrictions, but not the price. the price would go down as a result, but it would not be the cause.

goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 11:20:14 AM

That's the nature of bitcoin, it decline and rise again, that's why it's volatile. It will only be replace if it losses it's popularity among it's supporters and new currency will be popular. We cannot take that possibilities because we are in the crypto world and it's full of surprises here.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 12:34:55 PM

That's the nature of bitcoin, it decline and rise again, that's why it's volatile. It will only be replace if it losses it's popularity among it's supporters and new currency will be popular. We cannot take that possibilities because we are in the crypto world and it's full of surprises here.
But for me there is no other coin in crypto currency can replace bitcoin on the top since the popularization of bitcoin is now very great and if there is a other coin i think it is need more time to make it on the top.
requester

Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 06:38:13 PM

Nothing is impossible but it is also obvious that none other coin could overcross bitcoin's popularity and market capitalization because already it is the most popular and used cryptocurrency and it's the first of its kind so other coins will play as small player only. Bitcoin is the father of all and people have trust more in bitcoin then all other coins.
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 09:01:39 PM

If there is another crypto better than BTC yes,it can be replaced,the thing is it has to better than it and attract more people to it so it gains its proper market and volume so it doesn't crash,I definitely think that this can happen,however BTC is really well known and is the most famous cryptocurrency so for another one to take its place over it has to be significantly better and offer something unique

Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 01:51:56 AM

Market share is certainly different, bitcoin unlikely can stand alone without altcoin, too many altcoin will make positive effect of bitcoin, and I'm sure a lot of altcoin there are only a few that can survive.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 05:48:43 AM

In the present times and in the near future is extremely difficult to be replaced by alt coins. After approximately 7 mining years has acquired a maturity and established in the mind not only for enthusiasts and guru of computers but also everyday ordinary people. Moreover,  from the time that took his place in the Stock Exchange of America it is very difficult to be  replaced from other cryptocurrencies.
arcanaaerobics

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:15:26 AM

If there is another crypto better than BTC yes,it can be replaced,the thing is it has to better than it and attract more people to it so it gains its proper market and volume so it doesn't crash,I definitely think that this can happen,however BTC is really well known and is the most famous cryptocurrency so for another one to take its place over it has to be significantly better and offer something unique

What's better for you?
It depend of your needs.

I think bitcoin will stay longer on top because none try 51% attacks on the blockchain and this like that, this coin have a lot of respect from all and others alts always will have haters.
Senor.Bla

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:48:05 AM

What's better for you?
It depend of your needs.

I think bitcoin will stay longer on top because none try 51% attacks on the blockchain and this like that, this coin have a lot of respect from all and others alts always will have haters.
funny how everybody always brings the argument that bitcoin is the most known coin and therefor will be not replaced. but how many people of the general public know bitcoin? not even 95% and we are not better then 1% when it comes to who has some bitcoins. so i do not understand how people can not imagine that maybe a big and known institution (maybe a bank) comes along bring out some coin (it does not even have to be better. it can be shitty) makes a huge marketing campaign and becomes more famous then bitcoin. shops that were afraid of using bitcoin will be suddenly open to it and this is how the story ends for bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: