Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:30:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186362 times)
Senor.Bla

Activity: 280
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 05:30:51 PM

Nope this is not gonna happen, I have no doubts about the fact that the bitcoin stays the strongest one because its the biggest and also the most known and profitable one.
Why are exchanges not exclusively Bitcoin anymore? Why is the portion of Bitcoin in the "All Crypto Market Cap" getting smaller and smaller? Is it because Bitcoin is getting stronger or is it because some altcoins are starting to replace Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is operating on its own level, but the thing with altcoins is that it's a fairly lucrative industry for exchanges as some altcoins generate huge loads of volumes.

At the time Ethereum at Poloniex was generating like 50,000-100,000BTC of daily volumes, other exchanges won't sit back and look at how Poloniex is scooping up all these trading fees.

That's when even BTC-E decided to list Ethereum while they usually don't list anything. It's just the hunger for money that is pushing exchanges in this direction. Nowadays it's quantity over quality.
So if some altcoin comes along and can produce some volume, then exchanges will pick up and this will accelerate the growth of this altcoin? Is this not the way an altcoin would replace Bitcoin? So if Bitcoin is losing ground in the "All Crypto Market Cap" ranking, then one could assume that the process maybe has already started. 

abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 05:37:11 PM

Bitcoin will never be replaced there's simply no expedient or sensible reason for it 

Another cryptocurrency could replace bitcoin for now.  Bitcoin is first and famous cryptocurrency..
I think your wrong , or you typed just wrong.
Bitcoin would'nt be replaced by other cryptocurrency now. Bitcoin is the father of cryptocurrency and It will not replaced now. But it has a tendency in the future It could be replace by other coin, It is depending on the situation.
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:51:28 PM

Bitcoin will never be replaced there's simply no expedient or sensible reason for it 

Another cryptocurrency could replace bitcoin for now.  Bitcoin is first and famous cryptocurrency..
Bitcoin would'nt be replaced by other cryptocurrency now. Bitcoin is the father of cryptocurrency and It will not replaced now. But it has a tendency in the future It could be replace by other coin, It is depending on the situation.

I feel the same way. Essentially bitcoin started it all. It's a single coin that everyone can get behind which is what bitcoin needs since it's honestly still so new. Then maybe in the future who knows, other coins will rival it.
ewonardo

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 07:42:59 PM

Bitcoin is strong that it will destroy any other cryptos if they try to compete with bitcoin. But maybe, another currency can appear beside bitcoin..
divyam_94

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:02:29 PM

It is very tough to replace bitcoin as now bitcoin have a very high market value & to reach on to that level for any other cryptocurrency is very tough!!!! But as it said that nothing is possible any cryptocurrency which have a better aspect than the bitcoin & also have better security concern then there will be the chances to replace the bitcoin........as the changes are always good for the betterment of the product & how much the user is secure their details is very much concerned for ones.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:16:53 PM

I feel the same way. Essentially bitcoin started it all. It's a single coin that everyone can get behind which is what bitcoin needs since it's honestly still so new. Then maybe in the future who knows, other coins will rival it.

There are many rivals already, the alt coins, but they are unable to rise like Bitcoin for now, because Bitcoin is the favorite currency that earned the trusted needed to be invested by many people. Some issues can make another currency rise... It's impossible to know what will happen exactly about it, but the most technological and practical currency will be on the top. If Bitcoin wants to continue on the top, it will need to improve itself always.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 09:21:15 PM

It is very tough to replace bitcoin as now bitcoin have a very high market value & to reach on to that level for any other cryptocurrency is very tough!!!! But as it said that nothing is possible any cryptocurrency which have a better aspect than the bitcoin & also have better security concern then there will be the chances to replace the bitcoin........as the changes are always good for the betterment of the product & how much the user is secure their details is very much concerned for ones.
Bitcoin has passed a very longer journey which is I think impossible for any other crypto currency to complete faster than bitcoin so we cannot say that any other coin will come and will replace bitcoin and we also know that all other coins are the copies of bitcoin and came just after the coming of bitcoin copying it so it is not possible that any copy will replace original.
mrbigmugs

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:23:17 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 05:34:26 AM by mrbigmugs

yes i am also agree with you that bitcoin is not really going to be replace by any other currency. bitcoin is the number one currency of the world and hope that it will continue and will maintain its position for ever and there will be no competitor of bitcoin in future.

Positid

Activity: 378

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 03:19:59 AM

yes i am also agree with you that bitcoin is not really going to  be release by he holder.
What are you talking about, you simply do not make a post on topic which the post you quote. We are talking of possible replacement here, not release.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Munna98

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 03:48:36 AM

yes it will surely going to happen. but ithink bitcoin will last another 2 or 3 or even 5 years. as you see  claiming free bitcoin becoming harder day by day and the price became unstable from last 2 years, so people starting to looking some another cryptocurrency.so bitcoin replacement will surely gonna happen.
ReLieD

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:35:06 PM

Before answering this , I want to ask you a question.
Can a person who is first , overtake someone?
No!
Similarly , bitcoin is the worlds best crypto currency and it can't overtake any other crypto currency except itself.   Cool

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█          ▄         ▄      ▄▄▄▄▄
█       ▄███      ▄███      █████
█        ████      ████     ▀▀▀▀▀
█         ████      ████
█          ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█           █████████████████████
█            ▀█████▄   ▀█████▄
█              ▀█████▀   ▀█████▀
█                 ▀▀        ▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:11:25 PM

I think it's too late now, bitcoin is a lot popular and it continues more and more. Replaced no, another crypto as complement, sure
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 07:22:08 PM

yes it will surely going to happen. but ithink bitcoin will last another 2 or 3 or even 5 years. as you see  claiming free bitcoin becoming harder day by day and the price became unstable from last 2 years, so people starting to looking some another cryptocurrency.so bitcoin replacement will surely gonna happen.

I doubt about it. today bitcoin has gone into all the world, and the world began to recognize bitcoin. it not only makes bitcoin has a high price, but, bitcoin also gain trust from the public. it has to be better than the other cryptocurrency. even, bitcoin takes a long time to shine.
ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 08:52:15 PM

I don't think bitcoin will be replaced by any other cryptocurrency. At least in the near future. In the world, 99% of the people don't know anything about bitcoin. And 50% of the people who know something about bitcoins, don't know anything about other cryptocurrencies.
Ipwich

Activity: 1050
Merit: 529

Student Coin

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:45:03 AM

Definitely not, it is pioneer when it comes to cryptocurrency.I don't think that someone will be as much as better as what Satoshi Nakamoto is innovated,and i think it can't be duplicated by anyone.Well,maybe it takes a matter of time if there is another cryptocurrency being introduced,but cannot replaced bitcoin.

STUDENTCOIN