Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:51:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186361 times)
OliynyK

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:29:07 PM

There is a very very small chance by the current altcoins now in the market will replace bitcoins in future.Maybe future altcoins with good developers will make a altcoin that will eventually beat bitcoins in cryptocurrency world.
Majority of the alt coins who is having a good potential does have good developers and are having a good strong team and it is not a matter of building a stronger team or a better bitcoin,it is bringing in what is different in bitcoin and if you are successful in that you might have a good market share and volume,can bitcoin be replaced by another coin,it is highly doubtful.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:32:11 PM

First thing it is called altcoin because it is not bitcoin.
Replacing it will bitcoin an altcoin?
Kind of hard to swallow and hard to imagine it. So example ETH will be the main crypto currency so what happens to bitcoin?
Just imagine it. Isnt it a little awkward?
I believe nothing can replace it. It made its grounds and it is to hard to break it.
rawbert

Activity: 199

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:38:16 PM

There's no point to replace it.
I don't think that bitcoin can or should be the best crypto on all levels though. Let bitcoin do the one thing that it's best at.
Other coins will compete for the rest.

dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:17:23 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
In terms of what that bitcoin can be replace by the other cryptocurrency? is it if bitcoin will disappear or die is that what your trying to say? and if ever bitcoin will gonna die of course there must be a valid reason too. But if your asking not in how bitcoin will be gone, I don't think that bitcoin can be replace by another cryptocurrency because only bitcoin has the highest value in digital/virtual currency where the other cryptocurrency are no match for its price value. In short, that is not possible. Wink
OneUnderBridge

Activity: 368
Merit: 266

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 05:13:24 PM

Yes. If there is no meaningful network maintenance, then bitcoin will be replaced by a more functionally viable platform. By "replaced," I mean a different platform will be more predominately used to engage in P2P transactions than the bitcoin platform.

▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬▬▬
..Connect and Create..
                ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████  ████████████  ███████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
       ██████████████████████████

The Movement
Unstoppable Organization
                  ▐█▌
                   ███
                  █████
                ▄███████▄
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████▀
      ██████████████ ██████████████
      ▐████████████   ████████████▌
       ███████████     ███████████
      ▐██████████       ██████████▌
      █████████▀         ▀█████████
    ▄████████▀             ▀████████▄
  ▄███████▀▀                 ▀▀███████▄
▄█████▀▀                         ▀▀█████▄      
Trade  Whitepaper  Bounties    ▬▬▬
Connect and Create
⌠                  ▄▄████▄▄
               ██████████
              ████████████
              ████████████
      █████   ████████████   █████
     ███████   ██████████   ███████
     ███████    ████████    ███████
      ██████    ████████    ██████
      █████▀   ██████████   ▀█████
   ▄▄██▀▀    ██████████████    ▀▀█▄▄
 █████  ████████████████████████  █████
█████  ██████████████████████████  █████
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:22:37 PM

I should have bought some altcoin back then, would have made quite a good ROI

At least I bought some now.   

Since this debate is far from over, I guess the altcoin market has still a lot of headroom.
zimmah, seeing the lobster avatar by chance you know what happened to that zoidberg developer and his Louisd’or project?

rchstr

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:23:56 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

Maybe, as we all know there are many alt coins that has different uses. Bitcoin is the first crypto currency thats why many are using it. Also, bitcoin has some problems that cant be resolve that other alternative coins can, and vice versa. We could not say as this moment .
hajimasan

Activity: 882

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:24:08 PM

Yes. If there is no meaningful network maintenance, then bitcoin will be replaced by a more functionally viable platform. By "replaced," I mean a different platform will be more predominately used to engage in P2P transactions than the bitcoin platform.
You are right , but you need to see toward the nee nee things that is going daily improve in bitcoin will surely make it best then other , and no doubt that bitcoin is already more better and powerful than any other coin or altcoin is .
Here you can say every month new altcoins came and some of gone but here the bitcoin is in stable from the 2008 which is really a quality of king .
So here chances of replacing the bitcoin by another altcoin is only 1% or even less .
target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:52:28 PM

You are right , but you need to see toward the nee nee things that is going daily improve in bitcoin will surely make it best then other , and no doubt that bitcoin is already more better and powerful than any other coin or altcoin is .
Here you can say every month new altcoins came and some of gone but here the bitcoin is in stable from the 2008 which is really a quality of king .
So here chances of replacing the bitcoin by another altcoin is only 1% or even less .

There was an attempt for the development but its just something that might just worsen the situation, there is a serious problem with the current version and those miners are pretty much wanting more of a decentralized system. They feel like they are being ignored which I think they are really. A little increase of blocksize I think won't hurt but instead they push the blockstream.
The fork can easily by FUD by individual who have some motives so we now know things are different these days than those before where users are only aiming to see bitcoin to be used by individuals. Today, the users are often aiming for profit.

Sooner it will be replaced.

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:21:27 AM

What makes bitcoin the number one cryptocurrency and no other one can compete with it is that it has a very large user base that backs it up when things get bad, bitcoin has appeared as a new thing back in 2009 when some people call it the dawn of the new world and people get hyped about this new digital currency so they started using it and investing in it and believe in it, and all the other altcoins that came afterward are none only than just mere copy cats trying to catch up to the bitcoin but without any hope except for the few people who have no other option.
itasannah

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 04:07:15 AM

i think bitcoin can replace by another cryptocurrency if there is better a cryptocurrency .
Bitcoin0916

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 04:25:45 AM

i think bitcoin can replace by another cryptocurrency if there is better a cryptocurrency .

The opportunity is huge, when many sided weakness of bitcoin then this is an opportunity that can be use another cryptocurrency, I think Etherium or Monero is better, but the problem is currently bitcoin more popular than monero or etherium, they need hard work and massive marketing.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 04:42:45 AM

I don't think that bitcoin can or should be the best crypto on all levels though. Let bitcoin do the one thing that it's best at.

Yes, there's no point and need for replacing bitcoin with another one. Most of the people are going to stay with bitcoin and will treat other alts as for trading and gambling purposes only. While bitcoin is going to be the main crypto currency which can be good for different transactions that they wish to use.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:48:52 AM

What makes bitcoin the number one cryptocurrency and no other one can compete with it is that it has a very large user base that backs it up when things get bad, bitcoin has appeared as a new thing back in 2009 when some people call it the dawn of the new world and people get hyped about this new digital currency so they started using it and investing in it and believe in it, and all the other altcoins that came afterward are none only than just mere copy cats trying to catch up to the bitcoin but without any hope except for the few people who have no other option.
No its not about that, many even have proven that other cryptocurrencies are better compared to Bitcoin in terms of transaction speed, block rewards, security. But they always choose Bitcoin because it is the number #1 in the cryptocurrency market. What I mean by being #1 is in terms of its popularity and acceptance,  because as of today the only cryptocurrency I know that is being accepted by local shops is Bitcoin not even Ethereum can go that far.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:53:13 AM

Maybe no because bitcoin is the number one cryptocurrency that you can use buying to another cryptocurrency so bitcoin can not replace any crypto currency. Bitcoin is the most popular and have many investor and some are big holders of bitcoin.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:02:08 AM

There is a very very small chance by the current altcoins now in the market will replace bitcoins in future.Maybe future altcoins with good developers will make a altcoin that will eventually beat bitcoins in cryptocurrency world.
yeah this time seemed impossible for altcoin to replace bitcoin. bitcoin is still very superior to the other cryptocurrency and bitcoin fastest growing and will continue to grow
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:34:51 AM

Yes, there's no point and need for replacing bitcoin with another one. Most of the people are going to stay with bitcoin and will treat other alts as for trading and gambling purposes only. While bitcoin is going to be the main crypto currency which can be good for different transactions that they wish to use.
Bitcoin will be the most popular crypt currency in the online world, believe me people are putting their money in bitcoin
and we have seen how strong this currency is right now. After it was almost lost it's value it has survive and break the all time high.
That is something people.
ChronoLite

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:34:38 AM

Even when Satoshi Nakamoto published Bitcoin, there were no altcoin on that time until Namecoin launched on 2011. It was more than 3 years and Bitcoin was okay till 2011. Altcoin can't replace Bitcoin forever because Bitcoin is a main coin because that's just an alternative.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
novemberwoah

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:37:07 AM

yeah this time seemed impossible for altcoin to replace bitcoin. bitcoin is still very superior to the other cryptocurrency and bitcoin fastest growing and will continue to grow
Yes it could happen (altcoin replace bitcoin) but I think it will not happen. Bitcoin has a very good performance, bitcoin been dropped several times but can be restored. Although now that bitcoin has some problems and a lot of people who say altcoin will replace it soon, but I am sure in the future this problem will be recovered because of the excellent performance of bitcoin. It would be very difficult to replace bitcoin. Indeed altcoin have better features but it is not meant to replace bitcoin. Performance of bitcoin far above altcoin I think.
mastermold

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:58:01 AM

We have witnessed many new crypto-currencies and new DLT (Distributed Ledger Technology) stacks arising over the last 2 years. It seems that the market is heading to multiple technologies working together. Most of them provide different feature sets (e.g. smart contracts) and are addressing some market needs. We see that these stacks complement each others and I think we will continue to see more coming in the market. There are multiple initiatives that aim at connecting various chains together which demonstrate the tendency to go to a multiple chains market, where private, public and side chains will be inter-linked to provide a large offer of services. Bitcoin and Blockchain will probably stay the generic names since they’ve been there for a while and highly publicized by the media.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: