Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:11:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin be replaced by another cryptocurrency?  (Read 186364 times)
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 08:24:29 AM

I don't think that bitcoin will be ever replaced by any other crypto currency as I don't see any competition to bitcoin at a moment and even in future bitcoin will keep on updating itself with the demand of people so its hard for any crypto to replace bitcoins.

It's a fact that it is not going to be replaced by another crypto currency. The market cap itself will give us a clear answer that other coins doesn't have match for replacing bitcoin on it's current place. There's no way for now that bitcoin will be replaced by a new crypto because all of them are just depending on it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:01:01 PM

I don't think that bitcoin will be ever replaced by any other crypto currency as I don't see any competition to bitcoin at a moment and even in future bitcoin will keep on updating itself with the demand of people so its hard for any crypto to replace bitcoins.
For currently yes, but I'm sure someday there will be another coin that replaced the bitcoin. The main power of bitcoin is the first and most popular, most users, and supported other developers. But a big issue like taxes, illegal transactions, and the number of confirmation if not resolved then the user will run out.
Those illegal transactions are cannot be solved in bitcoin because of the anonymity feature of bitcoin and that is why the criminals are using and abusing bitcoin but we can't avoid that because even in our fiat money that is happening and there still a lot of criminals that using fiat to do illegal transactions. Those big issues that you stated can be solved in just a few months of development for bitcoin but those illegal transactions are exempted

Personally, I don't think that criminals are massively using Bitcoin

At least, not big fish and not in the amounts in which cash is used for illegal operations, activities, and transactions. Bitcoin is far from being anonymous (it is pseudoanonymous, at most), all Bitcoin transactions (at least, on-chain transactions which still make up the total majority of transactions) are permanently written on the blockchain for everyone to see and analyze them. In fact, I'm really fascinated why people still consider Bitcoin anonymous, you can't even say that coin mixers are not used by government agencies as nodes to specifically track big Bitcoin transactions

Fiat is even more anonymous since there's no records on who held the paper money you're holding before you got it. It's not transparent and maybe that's the major reason why big syndicates haven't switched to using bitcoins yet. They use paper money since they can't use bank transactions as suddenly having millions of money to your account will raise suspicion.

Only way that you can trace who had the paper money before is by tracing the finger prints. But even then, the only one that you'll see is who had it very recently. Paper money is moving a lot and older finger prints are overwritten by new finger prints.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 04:13:17 PM

For currently yes, but I'm sure someday there will be another coin that replaced the bitcoin. The main power of bitcoin is the first and most popular, most users, and supported other developers. But a big issue like taxes, illegal transactions, and the number of confirmation if not resolved then the user will run out.
Those illegal transactions are cannot be solved in bitcoin because of the anonymity feature of bitcoin and that is why the criminals are using and abusing bitcoin but we can't avoid that because even in our fiat money that is happening and there still a lot of criminals that using fiat to do illegal transactions. Those big issues that you stated can be solved in just a few months of development for bitcoin but those illegal transactions are exempted

At least, not big fish and not in the amounts in which cash is used for illegal operations, activities, and transactions. Bitcoin is far from being anonymous (it is pseudoanonymous, at most), all Bitcoin transactions (at least, on-chain transactions which still make up the total majority of transactions) are permanently written on the blockchain for everyone to see and analyze them. In fact, I'm really fascinated why people still consider Bitcoin anonymous, you can't even say that coin mixers are not used by government agencies as nodes to specifically track big Bitcoin transactions

Fiat is even more anonymous since there's no records on who held the paper money you're holding before you got it. It's not transparent and maybe that's the major reason why big syndicates haven't switched to using bitcoins yet. They use paper money since they can't use bank transactions as suddenly having millions of money to your account will raise suspicion.

Only way that you can trace who had the paper money before is by tracing the finger prints. But even then, the only one that you'll see is who had it very recently. Paper money is moving a lot and older finger prints are overwritten by new finger prints.

Fiat will be removed in the next decade or two, therefore what is left for criminals? bitcoin. Bitcoin will be used by criminals worldwide since its the best thing next to cash to do bad things, unfortunately...
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 04:40:08 PM

Fiat will be removed in the next decade or two, therefore what is left for criminals? bitcoin. Bitcoin will be used by criminals worldwide since its the best thing next to cash to do bad things, unfortunately...

So you are hinting that Bitcoin was actually invented by governments?

Or some government agencies to go after criminals when cash is finally withdrawn from circulation, and the big fish from the underground will have to start using Bitcoin, right? If you feel worried, you can stay calm, they won't use Bitcoin no matter what. If cash gets eventually banned (or just gets removed from circulation), these folks will simply switch to using gold bars and coins as a "means of payment"

fiorilia

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:04:22 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?
bitcoin is big cryptocurrency , very difficult to replace bitcoin by another currency .
bitbob82

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:04:08 PM

but i do not think that fiat will be removed in next decade or two, i think it will even continue if all the people of the world will start using bitcoin, i think they will like to continue both the options they are not going to quit using fiat so soon.
Salazarian

Activity: 440

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:01:53 PM

but i do not think that fiat will be removed in next decade or two, i think it will even continue if all the people of the world will start using bitcoin, i think they will like to continue both the options they are not going to quit using fiat so soon.
as in present time only 1 % of people know about bitcoin while majority of  people do not have any knowledge about bitcoin. in fact they do not  even have good knowledge about computer and internet therefore they will continue using fiat for long long time.

Colt22

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 10:08:22 PM

There is no competition for bitcoin at a moment but it can be changed in future when new technology will arrive and at that time there is a possibility that bitcoin can get replaced by other currency.
i think bitcoin is the most popular currency as majority of people are using it and as you think that in future it could be replace by new currency with the arrive of new technologies, well so i think that when in future the new technologies arrive so bitcoin will also adopt these technologies and update its self.
Yes that is a good point to be noted if any new thing can adopt a latest technology for its strength then why bitcoin will not adopt it if they feel it as necessary. They will definitely adopt that technology and will prove itself as more stronger than any other coin.
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 11:30:01 PM

It's a fact that it is not going to be replaced by another crypto currency. The market cap itself will give us a clear answer that other coins doesn't have match for replacing bitcoin on it's current place. There's no way for now that bitcoin will be replaced by a new crypto because all of them are just depending on it.
in fact not a single currency can compete with bitcoin. bitcoin will remain as number one currency of the world. and in near future i do not even think that any single crypto currency can replace bitcoin.
dhimasnk

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 11:54:21 PM

Bitcoin replaced by another cryptocurrency?

I think it is impossible. Because we know and realize that bitcoin is the mother of all kinds cryptocurrency then I believe bitcoin will never be replaced by cryptocurrency

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 12:33:43 AM

There is no competition for bitcoin at a moment but it can be changed in future when new technology will arrive and at that time there is a possibility that bitcoin can get replaced by other currency.
i think bitcoin is the most popular currency as majority of people are using it and as you think that in future it could be replace by new currency with the arrive of new technologies, well so i think that when in future the new technologies arrive so bitcoin will also adopt these technologies and update its self.
if bitcoin does not update and evolve according to the changing times then bitcoin will become obsolete and should definitely be replaced by more advanced technology. That's natural selection

Rinder

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:06:43 AM

Bitcoin will turn into the digital gold option to investors, i dont know if it will be able to get any similiar capitalization as gold, but one thing is sure is that bitcoin will be used as a store of value on the next years. Others currencies has potencial to grow, but to replace bitcoin will only happen if big miners does moove their money into others coins.
fiorilia

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 01:53:11 PM

I think it is impossible. Because we know and realize that bitcoin is the mother of all kinds cryptocurrency then I believe bitcoin will never be replaced by cryptocurrency
yes i agree in my opinion altcoin or other currency not value if there is no bitcoin Smiley
so if bitcoin die and replace by another currency i think is imposibble Smiley
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:24:58 PM

it is commonplace something obsolete will be replaced with something new and more sophisticated. is it possible bitcoin increasingly sophisticated in the future? and who will carry out the renewal?
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 04:31:25 PM

it is commonplace something obsolete will be replaced with something new and more sophisticated. is it possible bitcoin increasingly sophisticated in the future? and who will carry out the renewal?

There is no point in becoming more sophisticated than is actually required

There are quite a few altcoins pretty sophisticated (or should I say complicated?), but this sophistication somehow didn't make them more popular than Bitcoin. Money is likely one of the most conservative fields of human activity and rightfully so. On the other hand, we still don't see any altcoin project allowing truly instant transactions and payments. Dash coin was said to be making that possible, but it turned out that this claim was essentially false

iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:37:19 PM

yes i agree in my opinion altcoin or other currency not value if there is no bitcoin Smiley

There is an old saying as "No matter how good you do your job, there will be a person who can do better.."
More than 60k unconfirmed transactions​, transaction fees raising day by day, Exchanges started asking for different fees to every user, many faucets and gambling sites turning to altcoins. Bitcoin replaced ​by some other crypto currency is a possible scenario in the future. May not be right now but after a few years, it is possible.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Deep BTC

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:39:18 PM

Does it make sense to believe that Bitcoin could one day be replaced by another cryptocurrency, that is, a cryptocurrency that really does make Bitcoin obsolete?

No, I do not think of going to another crypto currency. All other altcoins are bound to bitcoin. If the bitcoin ends, it ends up in the other crypt currencies.
Of course it is not easy to predict the future. We do not know what will happen in the future.
vasrasus

Activity: 946

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:41:25 PM

There is an old saying as "No matter how good you do your job, there will be a person who can do better.."
More than 60k unconfirmed transactions​, transaction fees raising day by day, Exchanges started asking for different fees to every user, many faucets and gambling sites turning to altcoins. Bitcoin replaced ​by some other crypto currency is a possible scenario in the future. May not be right now but after a few years, it is possible.

it is really possible since there were already a lot of users in bitcoin,some might find more reason to change in other currency to find some satisfaction,though bitcoin have lots to offer there is something to improved and to develop.

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
       ▄████████▀████████▄
    ▄█████████▀   ▀█████████▄
   ████   ▄█▀       ▀█▄   ████
  █████ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▄ █████
 ██████▀   ▄███▀▀▀███▄   ▀██████
▐████▀    ██▀       ▀██    ▀████▌
████     ▐██         ██▌     ████
▐████▄    ██▄       ▄██    ▄████▌
 ██████▄   ▀███▄▄▄███▀   ▄██████
  █████ ▀▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▀ █████
   ████   ▀█▄       ▄█▀   ████
    ▀█████████▄   ▄█████████▀
       ▀████████▄████████▀
           ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
.Bcnex.The Ultimate   ───2 Millions Orders/s───
Blockchain Trading Platform
..Follow us:..

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

||
LINKEDIN
MEDIUM
REDDIT

▸  BUY NOW  ◂   
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 05:42:56 PM

bitcoin is big cryptocurrency , very difficult to replace bitcoin by another currency .
Without any doubt, Bitcoin has gained much ground as the  pioneer cryptocurrency that it is, however and in the light of a number of pertinent issues yet unresolved, it would be preposterous to draw a line that Bitcoin would remain the cryptocurrency to reckon with. Let's not forget that until 9 years ago, Satoshi was busy developing Bitcoin in the background, but now it has become a force across the globe. That is to say that nothing should be ruled out.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 06:28:08 PM

Without any doubt, Bitcoin has gained much ground as the  pioneer cryptocurrency that it is, however and in the light of a number of pertinent issues yet unresolved, it would be preposterous to draw a line that Bitcoin would remain the cryptocurrency to reckon with. Let's not forget that until 9 years ago, Satoshi was busy developing Bitcoin in the background, but now it has become a force across the globe. That is to say that nothing should be ruled out

These issues will be resolved

It is kind of bottleneck, but sometimes to make a huge jump ahead you should take a few steps back (to get more momentum). The issues need some time to get an idea how to settle them in most effective way. The BU fud is actually useful in some sense since its shadow allows to see the light better, so to speak. The darkest hour is always before the dawn. In fact, altcoins don't provide enough competition, thrill and drive to move ahead and then we see "alternative" Bitcoins rising

Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: