Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122527 times)
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 12:41:39 PM

Got a guy looking for ONE unit but in Europe. For me to ship an A4 to Europe if it came here first (bundled it goes to me I guess) it would be about 736 usd to do so
or at least the going rate for a 42 lb package to USA from Sweden (had the liquidation sale but their knc stuff was under volume yet or 150 per unit)

so if about the same weight I'm no help on this

anyway someone short 1 unit to make a 3 batch to someone you all agree on to have it shipped to in Europe let me know I'll send him your way

coming here first then to Europe should not only be dumb it would really really suck for a relay price UPS from me to Europe of around 700 bucks a box Sad

later

If someone wants to get an A4 in Europe it would be best if you can tailgate on someone else's order or arrange for the group shipment in the EU.  Otherwise like Searing said the shipping is insane.
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 12:59:24 PM

Shippings bad $? Sad

there any safe way to reduce this like you say... tailgating another shipment etc... any escrow style assurances available bud?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 01:36:51 PM

Shippings bad $? Sad

there any safe way to reduce this like you say... tailgating another shipment etc... any escrow style assurances available bud?

Just me for escrow I guess.  But does not apply in this as I THINK you pay individual units via wire xfer they ship 3 to an address postal only though to qualify as a group buy

In states i.e. USA such less then say 3 lots with say 3 folk could be sent to me as a relay

Ask the OP on this thread how I think the payment works

But again me playing relay to Europe is like I know over 700 usd

So that I a cant help with shipping is prob too insane

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 03:50:46 PM

Can someone explain me this:

Power efficiency: Initial batch will be defaulted at 3.2W/Mhs in Turbo mode, 2.2W/Mhs in Norminal mode, and 1.35W/Mhs in ultra low power mode

So default is 280mhs and 896W, but whats goin on if i use ultra low power mode? 378W at 280MHS? It make no sense.

At the lower power settings it hashes at a lower rate. 

how much MH will it deliver in turbo mode ?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 03:52:34 PM

Shippings bad $? Sad

Just me for escrow I guess.  But does not apply in this as I THINK you pay individual units via wire xfer they ship 3 to an address postal only though to qualify as a group buy

In states i.e. USA such less then say 3 lots with say 3 folk could be sent to me as a relay

The 1800 price you talked about is that Landed at your house including Customs or the price u pay @ the factory (inlc shipping) ?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 03:56:18 PM

Shippings bad $? Sad

What is the usual shipping price they'll be asking do you know?

I might have misinterpreted some things ya said but is that 700 USD figure how much for you to ship to me per unit etc... ?
excelerator

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 04:09:57 PM

I might have misinterpreted some things ya said but is that 700 USD figure how much for you to ship to me per unit etc... ?

You can estimate your own shipping rates WW here from Shenzen. These numbers were almost exactly the same as quoted by Innosilicon.
http://safestmonster.com/kbase/shipping-delivery/dhl-rate.html\

If you're UK, the shipping rate per unit of 11KGs was ~$100, so a pack of three would be USD$300 (?)
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:35:24 PM

Shippings bad $? Sad

The 1800 price you talked about is that Landed at your house including Customs or the price u pay @ the factory (inlc shipping) ?

The group pre-buy is $1800 per unit +shipping and any duties that might be added.  If your buying 3 or more you can have them shipped to whatever address you specify.  If you want to buy less than 3 you will need to group your order with someone else to make the minimum order of 3 for the pre-buy group buy.  If you do a group buy then you will still need to pay shipping from the group buy destination to your location.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:36:18 PM

Power efficiency: Initial batch will be defaulted at 3.2W/Mhs in Turbo mode, 2.2W/Mhs in Norminal mode, and 1.35W/Mhs in ultra low power mode

So default is 280mhs and 896W, but whats goin on if i use ultra low power mode? 378W at 280MHS? It make no sense.

Default mode is turbo and that is 280mhs.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 05:41:09 PM

Shippings bad $? Sad

If you want to try and get in on this pre-buy I would just ask in this thread if anyone else from the UK has placed an order or wants to place an order that maybe you can tailgate on.  Then arrange for pickup or shipping from their destination.  That would dramatically reduce the shipping costs vs having them relayed from the US.
sqnkee

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 07:27:05 PM

OK, but in ultra low power mode its...for example 100mhs. So 100mhs x 1,35w = 135W Huh That would be gorgeous Smiley
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2016, 08:04:24 PM

OK, but in ultra low power mode its...for example 100mhs. So 100mhs x 1,35w = 135W Huh That would be gorgeous Smiley

I don't know what the exact figures are for the "low, slow, COOL" speeds, but it should be quite attractive.  I know I have been getting cooked out of my house this summer so having this option to still get decent hash rates without pumping 1000w worth of heat in my home would be awesome! 
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 12:13:15 AM

Shippings bad $? Sad

I think the shipping is extra and you add it to the direct wire xfer. Folk on here who paid should know. Me I'm just a post office due to trust rating I have not got one yet. Mainly due to the 6 new KNC 5 cube 400mh unicorns from KNC liguidation for the 1900 including their KNC  volumne discount shipping deal with ups of 150 use each

The again crypto is crashing may just be space heaters soon 😩

Still may get an a4 but was distracted by the above and btc and ltc dump in price today is not helping

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
excelerator

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:42:43 AM

Should be interesting to watch upwards to ~64GH of new/old KNC Titans come online here shortly.  Even if you discount 20% due to defect, 51GH of new scrypt hash should be coming online soon.  We should not confuse that with Innosilicon firing up a DC with a bunch of new A4s being "burned in".

Speaking of space heaters, those Titans ran at ~4w/MH and these A4s will be running at 3.2w/MH to make their 280MH specification so they will be pushing out their fair share of BTUs....
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 06:48:04 AM

Should be interesting to watch upwards to ~64GH of new/old KNC Titans come online here shortly.  Even if you discount 20% due to defect, 51GH of new scrypt hash should be coming online soon.  We should not confuse that with Innosilicon firing up a DC with a bunch of new A4s being "burned in".

Speaking of space heaters, those Titans ran at ~4w/MH and these A4s will be running at 3.2w/MH to make their 280MH specification so they will be pushing out their fair share of BTUs....

my view is SOME or not all of these titans ran in data hall that is now defunct....and knc insiders were the whales that got the majority of the 160 offered..the

stuff we got 1st auction seems all new..but it is running 20% damage in shipping or temp worker messed up and complete re-do ..new parts but gonna be a complete rebuild to be safe

they DID use off the shelf thermal paste...so heck it was gonna be a complete re-do anyway i guess

nothing like stress testing stuff to 400mh with no themal pads on the dc/dc's for 1/2 hr to make them nifty black scorch marks on the chip and kill 6 dies dead as a result
on a unit

been a fun week with btc crashing and such

can't wait for the weekend when the Chinese miners announce FU to bitcoin core and they are gonna fork

cheap 180 usd btc here we come...deja vu to 2014

My point is in this is the A4 thread some or most of these likely were on the network and will return....the interesting thing is how many A4's will hit the world in September

with diff rising due to such and btc price (with ltc and alts following) down the tubes may make for an 'interesting' couple months (by that I mean in a Apocolypse Now kinda

vacation frame of reference)

crypto always drama

cloudnthings

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:43:11 PM

I must have missed a conversation somewhere. Why are new/old KNC Titans coming online shortly?
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:51:14 PM

I must have missed a conversation somewhere. Why are new/old KNC Titans coming online shortly?

KNC liquidation/bankruptcy auction.  They just sold off a large number of new/old stock Titans.
cloudnthings

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 05:53:08 PM

KNC liquidation/bankruptcy auction.  They just sold off a large number of new/old stock Titans.

Oh, gotcha. The Sam Cole thing.
excelerator

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:17:45 PM

Has anyone who placed a pre-order request a full digital, final release of the 45-day warranty?  I was told one would be sent to me in late July but I'm still waiting.

It would be great if someone who actually pre-ordered made the same request and shared out the document.
Longsnowsm (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 10:11:53 PM

Has anyone who placed a pre-order request a full digital, final release of the 45-day warranty?  I was told one would be sent to me in late July but I'm still waiting.

It would be great if someone who actually pre-ordered made the same request and shared out the document.

I just looked and all I have been given so far is just the invoice. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: