Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:21:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122523 times)
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 08:50:30 PM

Actually this situation reminds me of the story of the emperor's new clothes. Everyone wanted to believe that he had on the finest set of clothes but no one was willing to speak the truth that he had no clothes on except for a child.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
excelerator

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:03:37 AM

5 days left until the moment of truth.....

Stay tuned..
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:10:45 AM

5 days left until the moment of truth.....

Stay tuned.

Well no change on the main site

http://innosilicon.com/

and no change on the page about the A4

http://www.innosilicon.com/html/news/14.html

The A4 14nm chip video (takes forever to load)

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTYwMTEwMTcyNA==.html?qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c

And last but not least Innsilicon's main thread here on bitcointalk...also kinda bare in details

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1251930.0

Just saying it does look 'lite' for only 5 supposed days left (more or less).. the lack of info points to a delay at best of a month or more imho....

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
cloudnthings

Activity: 77

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 06:52:36 AM

With the lack and information and all eyes turn to the countdown. Like they say, hope for the best, plan for the worst. The worst being waiting a bit longer.
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 08:39:45 PM

With the lack and information and all eyes turn to the countdown. Like they say, hope for the best, plan for the worst. The worst being waiting a bit longer.

Waiting a bit longer is not the worst. Somehow people have a lot of trust that Inno does not close shop and walk away. Can't happen you say. Take a good look a the crypto mining landscape and you will see the bodies of many dead companies.  What is to stop them from starting up a new company with the capital provided by investors in the A4. They get a 14nm fab plant at zero cost and they keep the A4 design to build and create their own private mine. Nothing they have said inspires confidence in me.
excelerator

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 10:43:42 PM

4 days and counting....
Longsnowsm (OP)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 02:58:36 AM

Ok, So I received an update from Inno regarding the A4.  They are running a little behind schedule.  Here is what they sent me and we have some pictures if I can figure out how to post them here.  Overall this isn't too terribly unexpected, and I am asking for more details regarding the miner, the better than expected performance etc.  I will post more as soon as I hear more from Inno.

I have a good news and bad news about A4.

Good news is that the mass production of A4 wafers went smoothly and the performance is even better than we expected. Bad news is that the Assembly house was not prepared enough to meet our schedule, and the qualification took a little longer. Fortunately the issue was solved and the condition is still under control. Currently we have some sample miners ready. Attached are pictures of our sample miner.

The estimated shipping date is Oct 15th due to the National holiday from Oct 1st to 7th.

From a design of ASIC to a complete miner, there are many processes to go. Unexpected things may happen in each process and that's why we declared one month delay. For now most processes went well, and our sample miners’ performance is beyond our expectation. All we want is to select the most profitable yet reliable solution for our customers.

Really hope that you can understand and give us more patience.

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 05:58:34 AM

Ok, So I received an update from Inno regarding the A4.  They are running a little behind schedule.  Here is what they sent me and we have some pictures if I can figure out how to post them here.  Overall this isn't too terribly unexpected, and I am asking for more details regarding the miner, the better than expected performance etc.  I will post more as soon as I hear more from Inno.

Good news is that the mass production of A4 wafers went smoothly and the performance is even better than we expected. Bad news is that the Assembly house was not prepared enough to meet our schedule, and the qualification took a little longer. Fortunately the issue was solved and the condition is still under control. Currently we have some sample miners ready. Attached are pictures of our sample miner.

The estimated shipping date is Oct 15th due to the National holiday from Oct 1st to 7th.

From a design of ASIC to a complete miner, there are many processes to go. Unexpected things may happen in each process and that's why we declared one month delay. For now most processes went well, and our sample miners’ performance is beyond our expectation. All we want is to select the most profitable yet reliable solution for our customers.

<snipped>

so everyones going Bitmain chassis design..... I hope Inno's quality control is better than awful Bitmain.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
excelerator

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 06:39:39 AM

I wonder if they will now issue refunds for those requesting since they will be over one month late delivering
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 09:32:31 AM

Ok, So I received an update from Inno regarding the A4.  They are running a little behind schedule.  Here is what they sent me and we have some pictures if I can figure out how to post them here.  Overall this isn't too terribly unexpected, and I am asking for more details regarding the miner, the better than expected performance etc.  I will post more as soon as I hear more from Inno.

Great Pictures - If someone wants out I would consider buying their unit if its in the US or can be shipped directly to me from Inno
IIpeBeD_MeDBeD
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 01:19:48 PM

Looking good  Cheesy

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 02:45:35 AM

If LTC was at $4 today and you turned the machine on, you would likely not ROI until July 2017 (LTC baseline).  That assumes the same stability of difficulty we've enjoyed for the last year.  With a flood of new A4s, difficulty will jump up across all coins so it'll be interesting.  I'm assuming the base unit is $1800, $150 shipping, and $200 for a EVGA 1300 PSU with power at $0.10 with an average difficulty increase of 0.1%.  I would call this the BEST case scenario.

Shipping should be a little less than $100 per earlier posts.

Power at 10c/KWH is HIGH for most miners, "best case" would be more like *3* (and for me currently 4.5 but hopefully under 3 sometime next year).

On the other hand, I DO expect the network hashrate to about double over the next year, possibly a little sooner - depends on how fast they can get units built and shipped, and on their chip supply (Bitmain has had OBVIOUS limits on how many chips to make S9s they could get at a time).

One up side of the delays - my A2s have managed ROI. 8-)

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
vinylwasp

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 03:30:27 AM

Looking good  Cheesy

The performance boost is the best news yet, wonder how much extra they got? The earlier quoted target of 4Mhs per chip or 320 Mh/s per miner would be nice  Grin Grin Grin

As this Bitmain style enclosure doesn't conform to the size specs that were provided, perhaps this is just a test rig?
"Size: Length 28cm * Width 12.8cm * Height 25cm"

If it's the final form I wonder how the 4 boards are mounted as this extrusion has 2 groups of 2 slots but there doesn't appear to be enough space in the center to run the boards back to back when you factor in heat sinks. I can't see how you'd fit 4 boards in. That board is 200mm x 115mm btw.

The other thing is that Bitmain's S9 boards have a riser which projects above the chassis so you can plug the 3 x PCIe connectors per board directly into the board. In the photo of the A4 board these are facing the rear where the Fan would be, but I'm sure they've overcome that in some elegant way.

It would be nice if this is going to be the final form, as they shouldn't weigh anything like the quoted 11Kg either (S9s weigh 5.5 Kg), and hopefully shipping would be better than the quoted USD $79 ea.

bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:22:22 AM

thanks for the update mate. i wasn't getting responses from Chloe lately and was starting to worry... anyway extra boost and good design are worth waiting couple more weeks so that we don't waste another month returning defective units.. i also hope they give us early buyers more head start so that we can at least get back most of what we invested by the time mass production hits the market... please check with her if inno still remembers their promise to early buyers about leeway in that sense...

Ok, So I received an update from Inno regarding the A4.  They are running a little behind schedule.  Here is what they sent me and we have some pictures if I can figure out how to post them here.  Overall this isn't too terribly unexpected, and I am asking for more details regarding the miner, the better than expected performance etc.  I will post more as soon as I hear more from Inno.

bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 04:28:14 AM

in the meantime finally some kind of movement in ltc future roadmap. i like the anon part and but most of them love the fungibility part... coupled with faster transactions that ltc was always known for perhaps this time this sleeping giant could get some serious boost among investors...

https://litecointalk.io/t/development-update-sep-23-2016/80
https://btcmanager.com/news/tech/litecoin-becomes-anonymous-available-on-jaxx-soon/
excelerator

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 06:37:08 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2016, 07:39:41 PM by excelerator

thanks for the update mate. i wasn't getting responses from Chloe lately and was starting to worry... anyway extra boost and good design are worth waiting couple more weeks so that we don't waste another month returning defective units.. i also hope they give us early buyers more head start so that we can at least get back most of what we invested by the time mass production hits the market... please check with her if inno still remembers their promise to early buyers about leeway in that sense...

I just received an offer to purchase an A4 from a Inno reseller on Alibaba for shipment within 15-20 days. The price was $2400, including a power supply, and shipping was extra.  

That's an excellent development in that Inno now appears to be making promises to resellers of the A4 for availability.  The two resellers I've been in contact with previously would not take pre-order money for the A4.

While it indicates that pre-order buyers are not getting any "leeway" per above as far as mining time exclusivity, it does appear they are getting preferential price treatment. Assuming a $120 retail price for a noisy server PSU, that leaves the base unit price at $2280, a full $480 higher than the pre-order price.

This is potentially GREAT news for Titan owners because if the new retail price of the base unit is now closer to $2300, that will extend the value of their investment. Working with published specs, the recent sale of a 300MH Titan on ebay was $9.3/MH and if the 280MH A4 is closer to $2300, that raises the price to $8.1/MH!

Ebay has long established the value of Titans at $8-10/MH, so Inno knows this is the consumer market price.  

It will be interesting to see what they provide in the form of bulk discounts for larger operations.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 09:49:40 PM

Looking good  Cheesy

The other thing is that Bitmain's S9 boards have a riser which projects above the chassis so you can plug the 3 x PCIe connectors per board directly into the board. In the photo of the A4 board these are facing the rear where the Fan would be, but I'm sure they've overcome that in some elegant way.

Quite a bit lower power draw than the S9, they might be using a single fan.

Double-fan in a push-pull configuration doesn't add all that much airflow, it's more about overcomming the rather high backpressure inherent to the S7/S9 supercramped airflow design.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:19:50 PM

Very interesting.
I'm hoping that LTC gains some traction with their recent announcements,
and people could really make some money if they were mining and the price suddenly went up.

(Are the people considering buying this going to mine LTC or is there another scrypt based coin you want this for?)

I really wish I had electricity costs low enough to support mining.  Angry

szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:54:37 PM

Dotcoin is worth mine.
icon73

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 04:15:50 PM

I just received an offer to purchase an A4 from a Inno reseller on Alibaba for shipment within 15-20 days. The price was $2400, including a power supply, and shipping was extra.  

That's an excellent development in that Inno now appears to be making promises to resellers of the A4 for availability.  The two resellers I've been in contact with previously would not take pre-order money for the A4.

It will be interesting to see what they provide in the form of bulk discounts for larger operations.

Looks like you can get them in quantity for $1990 with 3 day shipping after payment.  

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/300M-litcoin-miner-A4-new-litcoin_60539332439.html?spm=a2700.7906341.35.1.j9lygT

I just got a quote for 4.

-Mike
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: