Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 04:19:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: A4 Dominator - Pre-Order Group Buy - 280mh, roughly 1000w, $1800 + shipping  (Read 122527 times)
nicky1088

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 04:24:37 PM

Also if I join this group buy, when would it be estimated that I would receive it?
excelerator

Activity: 96

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 05:40:10 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2016, 07:58:08 PM by excelerator

Also if I join this group buy, when would it be estimated that I would receive it?

No need to join the group buy. That process started in earnest July 1st and should have stopped as of October 9th when Innosilicon updated their website announcing general availability.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.msg15434260#msg15434260
http://www.innosilicon.com/html/mining-asic/14.html

It is October 15th (in China) and per Innosilicon's  confirmation here in the forum earlier this week, they will begin shipping A4 Dominator miners today!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.msg16518467#msg16518467

The good news is the update on the website states "Estimated delivery time: Starts from now and max delay is one month.  This means all of those people who ordered in July, August and September should not have to wait any longer than November 9th now for delivery.

If the information that Batch 1 is only 200 units is accurate, and assuming these aren't being 100% hand made, an assembly line can crank out 200 units easily within a week so everyone should have their pre-orders filled quickly and new buyers shortly there after.  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1523298.msg16445188#msg16445188

I'm hoping it's just 200 units as that will allow feedback from the pre-order buyers to sort out any production issues (firmware, hardware, electronics, cooling, etc.) and then really crank up production in Batch 2 (and if they follow the Bitmain model, the price will drop as well for subsequent batches).  Given the 45 day warranty period, I expect there will be flurry of feedback as early buyers rush to get their issues sorted really fast!  If it is only 200 units, then that's an advantage for the early buyers since 56GH isn't a whole lot of hash rate added to the scrypt networks (if it was distributed proportionally to the existing hash rate/ scrypt coin).

Looking forward to hearing about the first buyer(s) receiving their DHL tracking numbers!
nicky1088

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 06:27:02 PM

Wait, are they removing the 5 minimum today? Cheesy
excelerator

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 06:30:28 PM

Wait, are they removing the 5 minimum today? Cheesy

The updated website is silent on minimums - that was a pre-order requirement.

I suggest you contact Innosilicon per the website and see what the GA requirement is (better yet, ask them to update the site with both price and minimum # required).
nicky1088

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 09:02:50 PM

has anyone been able to contact them about pricing for non preorders? I emailed them many hours ago and last night but no response
nicky1088

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 09:37:47 PM

Anyone know if they are accepting orders of one unit yet?
nicky1088

View Profile
October 14, 2016, 10:56:12 PM

Innosilicon please update your site with minimums, and price
nicky1088

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 02:05:53 AM

I would like to join this group buy. I would like to get 1 280 mh/s miner.
nicky1088

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 03:19:13 AM

How can i pay, and can i get it shipped directly to my house?
nicky1088

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 04:57:44 AM

No need to join the group buy. That process started in earnest July 1st and should have stopped as of October 9th when Innosilicon updated their website announcing general availability.

It is October 15th (in China) and per Innosilicon's  confirmation here in the forum earlier this week, they will begin shipping A4 Dominator miners today!

The good news is the update on the website states "Estimated delivery time: Starts from now and max delay is one month.  This means all of those people who ordered in July, August and September should not have to wait any longer than November 9th now for delivery.

If the information that Batch 1 is only 200 units is accurate, and assuming these aren't being 100% hand made, an assembly line can crank out 200 units easily within a week so everyone should have their pre-orders filled quickly and new buyers shortly there after.  

I'm hoping it's just 200 units as that will allow feedback from the pre-order buyers to sort out any production issues (firmware, hardware, electronics, cooling, etc.) and then really crank up production in Batch 2 (and if they follow the Bitmain model, the price will drop as well for subsequent batches).  Given the 45 day warranty period, I expect there will be flurry of feedback as early buyers rush to get their issues sorted really fast!  If it is only 200 units, then that's an advantage for the early buyers since 56GH isn't a whole lot of hash rate added to the scrypt networks (if it was distributed proportionally to the existing hash rate/ scrypt coin).

Looking forward to hearing about the first buyer(s) receiving their DHL tracking numbers!

no Sad they told me i have to order at least 5. Talk about a way to turn customers away. Why would they tell people $2000, but you have to order 5.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 08:00:40 AM

no Sad they told me i have to order at least 5. Talk about a way to turn customers away. Why would they tell people $2000, but you have to order 5.

I'm waiting for their 2nd batch to consider this again..probably NOV/DEC .....5 units would put a crip in that plan

(I'm trying to keep an open mind...a price pump of LTC would go a long way towards my 'openmindedness' towards these miners price and warranty wise)

There is the 'possibility' that getting a nice 14nm production line built with the IPO $$$ via ASIC development (they are a 'chip maker' and can use such for more
commercial chips then asic's) is the real payout here...and once that boat has sailed and IPO units are covered....this all could 'wane' as they say production wise

That they may just shoot the wad and let the 3 IPO donors get 'at cost' as much as they want in chips/units (see their IPO page) make their NUT for the investment in the
14nm production line and will shoot out only a few (or a few compared to say KNC Titans) keeping the IPO donor's happy and difficulty down. And then happy as
hell with their shiny new 14nm production line to make other nifty chips of a non asic variety. win/win/win

Thus the idea that it is 'big orders' of 5 or above or we don't want to bother with the masses and small fry

Admittedly that is a dark idea on my part..but it is kinda what was done with the sfards home units that did dual btc/ltc a while back..just enough home units
to prove concept/wave the flag and the rest went to IPO investors ..and not much of that too boot imho

It would make sense from the IPO $$$ point of view ...why 'piss in your own pool' and drive difficulty up...as far as I'm aware Innsilicon has NO desire
to make a data hall for units for their own use...the IPO guys are getting scypt miners at cost.....innsilicoin gets the 14nm equipment line...all is happy but us Sad

Again this is 'very unlikely' but kinda would make sense if they wanted to 'limit demand' and go with the 5 and above or bust logic.....add the 45 day
warranty and plus 1 year ROI on this stuff for home miners...at ave USA kwh rates...and you can paint a pretty dark picture of motives or a limit on units
to the world

Again just tossing it out there...but 5 plus units a pop is unlikely to move it along in mass for  'consumers like toasters'     .... in the A2 terminator frame of moving ASIC's back in the day imho. Also from the threads and promotion here and elsewhere it is not like they are doing a lot of shouting about their product either ..kinda mutted imho up till now

Anyway just tossing it out there ..my 'real view' is they will drop the 5 unit minimum in a month or so when 2nd batch is floated out and go the A2 route and pump
them out like toasters...but up to this point kinda getting a 'mixed message' on how 'into this consumer version' they actually are.

Again I know squat (at one time I drank the BFL kool aid) but such 'dark thoughts' spring to mind ...unlikely thou they may be Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
nicky1088

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 02:54:46 PM

I'm waiting for their 2nd batch to consider this again..probably NOV/DEC .....5 units would put a crip in that plan

(I'm trying to keep an open mind...a price pump of LTC would go a long way towards my 'openmindedness' towards these miners price and warranty wise)

There is the 'possibility' that getting a nice 14nm production line built with the IPO $$$ via ASIC development (they are a 'chip maker' and can use such for more
commercial chips then asic's) is the real payout here...and once that boat has sailed and IPO units are covered....this all could 'wane' as they say production wise

That they may just shoot the wad and let the 3 IPO donors get 'at cost' as much as they want in chips/units (see their IPO page) make their NUT for the investment in the
14nm production line and will shoot out only a few (or a few compared to say KNC Titans) keeping the IPO donor's happy and difficulty down. And then happy as
hell with their shiny new 14nm production line to make other nifty chips of a non asic variety. win/win/win

Thus the idea that it is 'big orders' of 5 or above or we don't want to bother with the masses and small fry

Admittedly that is a dark idea on my part..but it is kinda what was done with the sfards home units that did dual btc/ltc a while back..just enough home units
to prove concept/wave the flag and the rest went to IPO investors ..and not much of that too boot imho

It would make sense from the IPO $$$ point of view ...why 'piss in your own pool' and drive difficulty up...as far as I'm aware Innsilicon has NO desire
to make a data hall for units for their own use...the IPO guys are getting scypt miners at cost.....innsilicoin gets the 14nm equipment line...all is happy but us Sad

Again this is 'very unlikely' but kinda would make sense if they wanted to 'limit demand' and go with the 5 and above or bust logic.....add the 45 day
warranty and plus 1 year ROI on this stuff for home miners...at ave USA kwh rates...and you can paint a pretty dark picture of motives or a limit on units
to the world

Again just tossing it out there...but 5 plus units a pop is unlikely to move it along in mass for  'consumers like toasters'     .... in the A2 terminator frame of moving ASIC's back in the day imho. Also from the threads and promotion here and elsewhere it is not like they are doing a lot of shouting about their product either ..kinda mutted imho up till now

Anyway just tossing it out there ..my 'real view' is they will drop the 5 unit minimum in a month or so when 2nd batch is floated out and go the A2 route and pump
them out like toasters...but up to this point kinda getting a 'mixed message' on how 'into this consumer version' they actually are.

Again I know squat (at one time I drank the BFL kool aid) but such 'dark thoughts' spring to mind ...unlikely thou they may be Smiley

They told me batch 2 is sold out but end of this month, so i will try to join batch 3.
excelerator

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 07:12:33 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2016, 07:24:24 PM by excelerator

They told me batch 2 is sold out but end of this month, so i will try to join batch 3.

They also said they would ship batch 1 in Aug/Sept.  We're still waiting for the first unit to ship.  I'd recommend waiting for the first round of user feedback and learn from preorder user"s experience.

vinylwasp

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 04:31:16 AM

We're still waiting for the first unit to ship.  I'd recommend waiting for the first round of user feedback and learn from preorder user"s experience.
[/quote]

I can confirm that Inno have started shipping. I have a DHL waybill and am tracking the shipment.
Should be here later this week if I can get Customs sorted out. I'll post some pics.

Note: I was not part of the Group Buy.

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 07:19:33 AM

We're still waiting for the first unit to ship.  I'd recommend waiting for the first round of user feedback and learn from preorder user"s experience.

I can confirm that Inno have started shipping. I have a DHL waybill and am tracking the shipment.
Should be here later this week if I can get Customs sorted out. I'll post some pics.

Note: I was not part of the Group Buy.

[/quote]

How many units did you buy?

If 5 units and above then might as well just write directly and make the transaction, since their minimum is 5 to maximise their DHL special rate.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 07:42:12 AM

I contacted Innsilicon on their main page sales email

I asked if the Group Buy was still on for 3 units at $1,800 bucks with shipping figured out later per unit (I'm still conflicted on if I'm gonna get one of three or will wait)

The email I got back said "Yep .....still good for those mentioning bitcointalk group buy"

Anyway for those interested you may still want to mention group buy ...see if they reply the same. (The email on this was one hour ago as a confirm)

Now to decide or not at my end....sigh ....

Hopefully this helps those less conflicted than myself Sad

Brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
skyred_flyyang

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 07:43:49 AM

It's literally oct what is with the people chimming in about scam?
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 01:45:36 PM

It's literally oct what is with the people chimming in about scam?
They did it the entire time from July to now.  They've shipped 50 units and expct to ship more next week when they receive "several hundred" units.

nicky1088

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:37:24 PM

Anyone have their miner yet that can confirm how good this miner is?
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:46:54 PM

Hi guys why is there still quibbery going on? Mine will be arriving in the morning so If everybody likes I'll post pictures of how they are..

BUT i need to know right now if I should grab 1000W or 1200W supplies...   I've read on a recent update its minimum 1000W... but I've seen requirements over 900 so is the minimum for slow speeds etc?

Whats the crack! If I get a confident answer within the next 5 hour I'll have the PSU to potentially have them working tomorrow eve.

Cheers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: