Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:58:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 594 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mining OS] SimpleMining.net - Manage Your GPU farm the easy way! (30 days free)  (Read 834298 times)
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 05:24:01 AM

I am successfully flashing ROMs on SImplemining but my way is a bit more involved (but it sure is prettier also) --

I installed a desktop to run next to the Terminal environment.  I installed ATIflash and Teamviewer on all the rigs and can log in remotely and stop the mining by switching to the Terminal View and then log back into the Desktop.  

This is using the Rx Version -  I had to update the drivers on it for 2 reasons:
1- I didn't want 2 versions for different cards
2- Because neither the R or the Rx version worked well with Pro Duo's.

In order to do that easily,  I changed the original Password for Miner then installed a Gnome Desktop, then installed amdpro-gpu drivers.  Since I had already installed a desktop I figured I might as well install something to make it more useful hence the TeamViewer and AtiFlash

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 08:31:22 AM

tytanick, takasugi, reelen,
Can help to do a short ssh primer on how to use the atiflash in smOS to be shared amongst miners here.
Because many of us were ex-Windows users with not much Linux exposure. Eg. How to upload ROM file in ssh? In future, making a wizard-like atiflash process in smOS would be nice if Tytanick plan to do it this way. Thanks
This tutorial would be nice in PDF, but i really dont have any cash to pay you fot this. I can only load your balance in SMOS when fee service comes.

tytanick,
Do you think its good idea to create a library of known user submitted rom mods for smOS users to select (just like selecting miner apps). Obviously this will require strict evaluation so that smOS dont brick any GPUs.
Sure, this is a potential recipe for disaster, but this smOS feature will surely take your product to the next level.
Hopefully, we will have a collection of highly optimised rom mods specifically for certain coins and power consumption preferences. To have original roms by GPU model and vendor will be great too, so that we can revert GPUs back to original roms. Thanks
I thought about it.
And it would be very nice but this generates many problems to solve.
Thats why i am not ready for doing that. I can only create library and then share it.
Anyway i wont download users roms without permision and also i think that users wont share this for free.
We can talk about this feature much later, i still need more things to do first in SMOS.
I want to implement private key signing of more crucial actions like flashing roms or applying updates.
This would make sure that even if my server would be hacked, then hacker wont do anything special becasue it wont have private key.
This feature is most important for me.
Also becasue of this i would need to secure root account on rigs and not give password for users or create possibility to apply own private key to your rigs.

FLASHING TUTORIAL Tongue To flash its important to do following:
- ssh as user "miner" and execute: screen -x miner  .... and then press ctrl+c few times until whole screen exits.
- go to root writing sudo su
- execute command: dmesg -c - this will clear system log - this is where my syftoware watchdog is looking for some critical erros, if it finds them it execute reboot command.
- go to atiflash directory and
atiflash -p 0 custom_bios.rom
atiflash -p 1 custom_bios.rom
etc

I am successfully flashing ROMs on SImplemining but my way is a bit more involved (but it sure is prettier also) --
I installed a desktop to run next to the Terminal environment.  I installed ATIflash and Teamviewer on all the rigs and can log in remotely and stop the mining by switching to the Terminal View and then log back into the Desktop. 
This is using the Rx Version -  I had to update the drivers on it for 2 reasons:
1- I didn't want 2 versions for different cards
2- Because neither the R or the Rx version worked well with Pro Duo's.
In order to do that easily,  I changed the original Password for Miner then installed a Gnome Desktop, then installed amdpro-gpu drivers.  Since I had already installed a desktop I figured I might as well install something to make it more useful hence the TeamViewer and AtiFlash
Its makes completly no sense installing more packages that uses cpu, ram, and makes booting longer.
You have ssh for this Smiley
Also be adviced that my auto updates can easly destroy what you installed.
I dont advice to do own modifications and i cant support them as it would be very difficult to mantain all different versions of my system.

Also.
I have possibility to buy tool for 0.25 BTC which can overclock gpus by setting specific core and memory clocks in MHz.
Still i dont have cash to buy this tool.
I gues it would be nice to have possibility to set specific clocks and not dpm levels right ?
Propably need to impelemnt those fees fast and gather some cash to buy this tool Smiley

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
carloshell

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 03:49:45 PM

Thanks for all that info, its really educating to see how linux guru do stuff Smiley

That rom library could be some kind of collaboration as well. I mean yes some people want to make money with this, but not everyone. We would share all that information because we know it can be improved.

If someone wants to be paid for a specific rom, we can easily tell that person to go look somewhere else. Our roms are not perfect, you can always tweak them more. It all starts by sharing and it can benefit everyone in the end. (less power, more mhs, stability, less heat).

After all, we are all making money with mining, it's all that matters.

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 05:38:44 PM

Hi T - can help check if I can use the sgminer classic build already in smOS to mine at dashminer.com pool?

See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1103260.msg11742811#msg11742811

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
pbuva

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 07:31:28 PM

https://anorak.tech/t/anoraks-vbios-collection-optimized-settings-for-performance-power-saving/13

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 08:44:32 PM

UPDATE:
I OPENED FACEBOOK PAGE for simplemining.net
I will be writing All updates ALSO there beside forum.
Please LIKE and OBSERVE it Smiley

https://www.facebook.com/simplemining.net

https://www.facebook.com/simplemining.net

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 08:58:32 PM

Its makes completly no sense installing more packages that uses cpu, ram, and makes booting longer.
You have ssh for this Smiley
Also be adviced that my auto updates can easly destroy what you installed.
I dont advice to do own modifications and i cant support them as it would be very difficult to mantain all different versions of my system.

Also.
I have possibility to buy tool for 0.25 BTC which can overclock gpus by setting specific core and memory clocks in MHz.
Still i dont have cash to buy this tool.
I gues it would be nice to have possibility to set specific clocks and not dpm levels right ?
Propably need to impelemnt those fees fast and gather some cash to buy this tool Smiley

I appreciate your input but respectfully disagree.
One problem is that SimpleMining stock does not work well with the Pro Duo so I needed to change some things to get it to work effectively.  Secondly and most importantly it is extremely difficult if not impossible to make custom ROMs and test them through SSH.  If I was using ROMs that 98% of forum members are using then it would be great but I am not.  They are customized for each GPU and that yields  10-15% more profit beyond the typical forum custom ROMs(Either by higher overclock or lower power usage).  

The ROMs that are used by most people are nothing more than cookie cutter adjustments made with Polaris Bios Editor or equivalent and DO NOT come close to what can be done Hex Editing the ROM.  Hex editing the ROM can yield a significant advantage but where the REAL difference is made is in editing the ROM for each card individually to maximize the power savings and overclock potential.

Having a desktop environment may cost me a few percent but not having one cost me 15%.

As far as the Update messing things up, it isn't a big deal for me as I have a couple of distros I use for my miners but because I have a few friends using SimpleMiner I thought I would give it a shot.  

Lastly, I haven't looked closely into your distro yet but I am wondering why you cannot change the mem and core clocks individually through a config file for the miner.  It seems that would be the easiest implementation.

BTW- I do think you are doing a great job  Wink

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2017, 09:17:12 PM

I appreciate your input but respectfully disagree.
One problem is that SimpleMining stock does not work well with the Pro Duo so I needed to change some things to get it to work effectively.  Secondly and most importantly it is extremely difficult if not impossible to make custom ROMs and test them through SSH.  If I was using ROMs that 98% of forum members are using then it would be great but I am not.  They are customized for each GPU and that yields  10-15% more profit beyond the typical forum custom ROMs(Either by higher overclock or lower power usage).  

The ROMs that are used by most people are nothing more than cookie cutter adjustments made with Polaris Bios Editor or equivalent and DO NOT come close to what can be done Hex Editing the ROM.  Hex editing the ROM can yield a significant advantage but where the REAL difference is made is in editing the ROM for each card individually to maximize the power savings and overclock potential.

Having a desktop environment may cost me a few percent but not having one cost me 15%.

As far as the Update messing things up, it isn't a big deal for me as I have a couple of distros I use for my miners but because I have a few friends using SimpleMiner I thought I would give it a shot.  

Lastly, I haven't looked closely into your distro yet but I am wondering why you cannot change the mem and core clocks individually through a config file for the miner.  It seems that would be the easiest implementation.

BTW- I do think you are doing a great job  Wink

I Agree with you. Anorak and other bioses available on forum are more less something.
But real deal is when you edit them in hex and even for each gpu individually.
I myself have various offsets for each card the same brand becasue one os better and another no.
Anyway i still doenst understand why you need desktop enviroment ?
Flashing via ssh is easy. Login, send bios, flash, reboot, then start mining if it will hang then you can try lower one.
Tell me what gives you desktop, meaby i dont see it ? Smiley

Also what adjustments you did to make Nano Pro working ? Whats wrong ?
Is something is broken then i need to fix it.
Also did you tried beta kernel 4.10 rc3 ? It solves many problems. ?

bughatti

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 02:22:01 AM

So I am new to smOS, like it so far, very easy to setup.  Only issue is when I first set it up I used the claymore eth V8 miner with ethermine fine.  I decided after a few hours to switch over to claymore eth+sia on ethpool.  I now want to switch back but I can get it to hash at all.  If i leave the default on dwarfool under claymore eth V8 it connects and hashs fine, but I cannot get it to connect to ethermine.

-epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 02:27:33 AM

So I am new to smOS, like it so far, very easy to setup.  Only issue is when I first set it up I used the claymore eth V8 miner with ethermine fine.  I decided after a few hours to switch over to claymore eth+sia on ethpool.  I now want to switch back but I can get it to hash at all.  If i leave the default on dwarfool under claymore eth V8 it connects and hashs fine, but I cannot get it to connect to ethermine.

-epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333

-esm 1 ?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
bughatti

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 02:30:57 AM

So I am new to smOS, like it so far, very easy to setup.  Only issue is when I first set it up I used the claymore eth V8 miner with ethermine fine.  I decided after a few hours to switch over to claymore eth+sia on ethpool.  I now want to switch back but I can get it to hash at all.  If i leave the default on dwarfool under claymore eth V8 it connects and hashs fine, but I cannot get it to connect to ethermine.

-esm 1 ?

Just tried that, no go, also tried multiple reboots, miner and rig
bughatti

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 03:27:01 AM

So I am new to smOS, like it so far, very easy to setup.  Only issue is when I first set it up I used the claymore eth V8 miner with ethermine fine.  I decided after a few hours to switch over to claymore eth+sia on ethpool.  I now want to switch back but I can get it to hash at all.  If i leave the default on dwarfool under claymore eth V8 it connects and hashs fine, but I cannot get it to connect to ethermine.

-esm 1 ?

So it looks like I am getting rejected shares.  Not sure why this is the case as I was connected to it yesterday for a few hours without any issues.  Im guessing this is an OC issue, but why would ethpool and dwarfpool let me connect fine
fittsy

Activity: 441
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 04:22:19 AM

-esm 1 ?

So it looks like I am getting rejected shares.  Not sure why this is the case as I was connected to it yesterday for a few hours without any issues.  Im guessing this is an OC issue, but why would ethpool and dwarfpool let me connect fine

I don't think you want to connect to -epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethermine.org:4444

I use -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444  you don't need the stratum+tcp://  If you look at the claymore documentation there are samples for mining on ethermine/ethpool and they format it the same way.

MinerParts - 8 GPU Riserless motherboard with Intel 3855 CPU - 1600w fully modular power supply
Best quality PCIe Powered Risers Shop on Amazon - Shop on eBay - or ship direct at MinerParts.com <- best for international or crypto purchases
bughatti

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 04:26:57 AM

-esm 1 ?

I don't think you want to connect to -epool stratum+tcp://us1.ethermine.org:4444

I use -epool us1.ethermine.org:4444  you don't need the stratum+tcp://  If you look at the claymore documentation there are samples for mining on ethermine/ethpool and they format it the same way.

Yea I changed that, the issue is rejected shares, I switched to nanopool and I am running fine.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 06:15:44 AM

Hi T,

I know we have discussed about potential ability for smOS to take advantage of current miners like sgminer to perform multi-algo, profit switching.... however I understand it will be too difficult to implement when smOS is in the first few phases maturing into excellent product - certainly don't want to slow that down.

However, I was experimenting with dashminer.com, the pool does AMD multi-pool, multi-algo, profit switching that pays in BTC or DASH. I was wondering if this miner can be included in smOS for miners that would be interested in most profitable AMD minable coins.

I have asked the op of dashminer.com if his pool excepts "sgminer linux" to mine and his answer below.... looks like a special compile of sgminer7 is possible. Can you do a review and see if this is possible?

=====

Re: DashMiner.com - BTC & DASH multipool for AMD GPUs. Fast kernel and custom software. Extra profit
Today at 05:36:52 AM
Reply with quote  #809
Quote from: citronick on March 06, 2017, 05:41:30 PM
Can I use sgminer for Linux to mine at this multipool?
If yes, which version and what syntax to use. Thanks

Yes, but you'd have to compile from source. Something along these lines... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=863974

=====

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 10:23:20 AM

Etherminer has this syntax:
-epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal <Your_Ethereum_Address>.<RigName> -epsw x
And you are using shash : /
Anyway $walletETH variable is cutting off first "0x" so please write complete address. Also start using custom (recommended)miners.
I need to make some cleenup in those miner selection and also ethereum field for wallet address i should remove because sometimes pools need it with 0x and sometimes without id and this is causing confusion.

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 10:32:48 AM

Re: DashMiner.com - BTC & DASH multipool for AMD GPUs. Fast kernel and custom software. Extra profit
Today at 05:36:52 AM
Reply with quote  #809
Quote from: citronick on March 06, 2017, 05:41:30 PM
Can I use sgminer for Linux to mine at this multipool?
If yes, which version and what syntax to use. Thanks

Yes, but you'd have to compile from source. Something along these lines... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=863974

=====
Hi, Implementing such miner if it auto switches things shouldnt be difficult.
Anyway i might be wrong but mining X11 X13 etc (old alghos) should be unprofitable compared to zec and eth.
Can you make comparison how much you will get daily from 280x, 380, 470 in eth/zec and wepaybtc ?

Old well known calculators/pool :
whattomine.com
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
https://www.nicehash.com/
https://poolpicker.eu/

isgtss

Activity: 308
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 11:12:10 AM

Hello Dev. On my rigs installed processors FX 8150,8320,4100,8350 8300 work under win10 64 cpu multi 1.2. On the monero, these processors are issued from 4100 - 120Hs, 8320 - 270Hs. When using your Mining OS SimpleMining, the processor powers are idle. Is it possible to add mining on the processors to your OS? Roll Eyes

cranepay- True crypto for free peoples
https://cranepay.io
Fast | Safely | Anonymous | Without ICO | Without premine
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 11:30:01 AM

Hello Dev. On my rigs installed processors FX 8150,8320,4100,8350 8300 work under win10 64 cpu multi 1.2. On the monero, these processors are issued from 4100 - 120Hs, 8320 - 270Hs. When using your Mining OS SimpleMining, the processor powers are idle. Is it possible to add mining on the processors to your OS? Roll Eyes
Nope, i wont add cpu mining becasue when fee system comes you will have option to select cpu mining as fee for me instead of paying Tongue
So i guess cpu mining for user makes no sense.
But it needs to be considered with more details.
First i will impelemnt my cpu fee as an option and then i will think if i should do this fo people.

isgtss

Activity: 308
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 12:02:33 PM

All of course depends on the amount of payment. But from experience I'll say in the rigs put the simplest processors. 12-15Hs 2 cores = 30Hs per monero.
I think this payment will not suit you. But to add a CPU miner for fast intergation of new coins and algorithms would be the highlight of the OS ... In my case, using OS SM (here's a trademark) all the plus from Ubuntu's performance will come to naught due to the idle processor capacity. There is no gain + H / s. Huge request to add CPU Miner on one Algo monero ... in test mode ... Your use as a developer - you will get data on the processor powers of your consumers.

cranepay- True crypto for free peoples
https://cranepay.io
Fast | Safely | Anonymous | Without ICO | Without premine
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 594 »
  Print  

Jump to: