Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:24:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (JWL) JEWELS 🔷 HEROES LAUNCHED 🔷 1ST JWL USE CASE 🔷 TRADING ON BITTREX  (Read 212606 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Pro4Never

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 02:40:49 PM

Thank you for taking the time to answer me personally. Most devs just ignore tough questions. Do you have any predictions as to how many players you hope to have playing heroes and how do you plan on getting a bigger user base.

In the past most of our players have come from facebook advertisements but with Heroes we have access to our previous mailing list from the past year and a half. The following is our main methods we plan to use to help grow the new project.

-Thorough pre-testing. Right now we're doing a public beta to test all of our new content to make sure it's ready but also to get existing players excited and telling their friends.
-We will be doing a referral program where if you invite your friends to play, you + they both get rewards. We generate a unique identifier per computer so it's not easily abused.
-We will be using our existing mailing list to send out a professionally designed newsletter letting our old players (both current and past) know about the launch and the new features.
-We will be doing a large facebook advertising campaign at launch to drive new players to it
-We will be using a number of top100 type websites to bring in more players
-We will be using a number of gaming forums and doing our best to get our new project listed on a number of gaming news websites as well

Our past experience with these various methods will allow us to combine and improve on them to be even more effective this time around. Our goal is to get the new project to 2,000+ active daily players within the first 2 months. That's a fairly reasonable goal and my personal goal is to double that (4,000 unique accounts per day) within the first 6 months.

The new project is just miles beyond what the previous one was in regards to ease of use. We're no longer trying to get people to play a decade old version of a game with no tutorial and very clunky old game systems. We have proper tutorials built right into the new project as well as a ton of new features to make it easier for players who've never played conquer before to know what they need to be doing to get started.

With the implementation of jewels from day 1 launch it will also provide an easier to use and manage cash shop for people who wish to spend money on the game AND we have the extra content provided by the provably fair gambling games we are looking to create using funds raised from the ICO to add even more gameplay content for people.
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 02:52:24 PM

Couple of things,

Can we have a count down timer somewhere on the OP?

Also,

Can we have a total amount raised somewhere easy to see?

Thanks and I am happy you have finally started the ICO.

You don't pay enough.
Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 02:54:02 PM

Thank you for taking the time to answer me personally. Most devs just ignore tough questions. Do you have any predictions as to how many players you hope to have playing heroes and how do you plan on getting a bigger user base.

In the past most of our players have come from facebook advertisements but with Heroes we have access to our previous mailing list from the past year and a half. The following is our main methods we plan to use to help grow the new project.

-Thorough pre-testing. Right now we're doing a public beta to test all of our new content to make sure it's ready but also to get existing players excited and telling their friends.
-We will be doing a referral program where if you invite your friends to play, you + they both get rewards. We generate a unique identifier per computer so it's not easily abused.
-We will be using our existing mailing list to send out a professionally designed newsletter letting our old players (both current and past) know about the launch and the new features.
-We will be doing a large facebook advertising campaign at launch to drive new players to it
-We will be using a number of top100 type websites to bring in more players
-We will be using a number of gaming forums and doing our best to get our new project listed on a number of gaming news websites as well

Our past experience with these various methods will allow us to combine and improve on them to be even more effective this time around. Our goal is to get the new project to 2,000+ active daily players within the first 2 months. That's a fairly reasonable goal and my personal goal is to double that (4,000 unique accounts per day) within the first 6 months.

The new project is just miles beyond what the previous one was in regards to ease of use. We're no longer trying to get people to play a decade old version of a game with no tutorial and very clunky old game systems. We have proper tutorials built right into the new project as well as a ton of new features to make it easier for players who've never played conquer before to know what they need to be doing to get started.

With the implementation of jewels from day 1 launch it will also provide an easier to use and manage cash shop for people who wish to spend money on the game AND we have the extra content provided by the provably fair gambling games we are looking to create using funds raised from the ICO to add even more gameplay content for people.

Great answers. I was hoping you would say that and not say your would wait on the users to come to you but going after the users is what I wanted to hear. I will invest tonight.
Pro4Never

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 03:06:02 PM

Couple of things,

Can we have a count down timer somewhere on the OP?

Also,

Can we have a total amount raised somewhere easy to see?

Thanks and I am happy you have finally started the ICO.

I've already added a page for it. Seems it never got added to the OP

http://apexconquer.com/ico.php
Pro4Never

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 03:31:18 PM

You're right. I missed it I was more interested in reading the numbers section. So if I understand right every time paypal orders come in they will be filled from the paypal fund and when that fund is empty then Chris will buy jewels from the exchange to replenish it. Right?

Essentially correct yes.

People can always buy jewels from exchanges but if they want a quick and easy paypal transaction, we need to have some amount of reserve we can sell to them. That fund would need to be consistently replenished by us re-purchasing jewels from the various exchanges.

People buying through paypal will have limitations in regards to what those jewels can be used for to make sure that we do not have to deal with chargebacks (they can consume the jewels they bought from us but not trade it to others or cash out to an exchange. Those jewels will be locked until they are 'mature'). Such an option needs to exist because a significant portion of players are not going to be willing to deal with going to an exchange and need a 'one click' solution to buy their coins.
Pro4Never

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 03:41:28 PM

You're right. I missed it I was more interested in reading the numbers section. So if I understand right every time paypal orders come in they will be filled from the paypal fund and when that fund is empty then Chris will buy jewels from the exchange to replenish it. Right?

Essentially correct yes.

People can always buy jewels from exchanges but if they want a quick and easy paypal transaction, we need to have some amount of reserve we can sell to them. That fund would need to be consistently replenished by us re-purchasing jewels from the various exchanges.

People buying through paypal will have limitations in regards to what those jewels can be used for to make sure that we do not have to deal with chargebacks (they can consume the jewels they bought from us but not trade it to others or cash out to an exchange. Those jewels will be locked until they are 'mature'). Such an option needs to exist because a significant portion of players are not going to be willing to deal with going to an exchange and need a 'one click' solution to buy their coins.

Ok cool. I just wanted to make sure I got it correctly. You'll get my investment tonight.

Appreciate the support greatly!
Bemerand

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 04:28:23 PM

so there is no early investor bonus ?

I'm happy there is no investor bonus. Bonuses kill projects by giving people coins to dump and making it unfair to people who only learn about jewels after the bonus has ended.

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
Pro4Never

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 05:14:08 PM

I'm happy there is no investor bonus. Bonuses kill projects by giving people coins to dump and making it unfair to people who only learn about jewels after the bonus has ended.

I completely agree. We want this to be fair for everyone. While of course early investors are hugely appreciated, we feel the project has enough merits that investing will be worthwhile for everyone and we want to keep it that way even for those who may be a bit late to the party Smiley
Tacalt

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 06:45:39 PM

I completely agree. We want this to be fair for everyone. While of course early investors are hugely appreciated, we feel the project has enough merits that investing will be worthwhile for everyone and we want to keep it that way even for those who may be a bit late to the party Smiley

The way you handle yourself is truly awe inspiring, What is your background, why did you get into game making if you dont mind me prying.
Pro4Never

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 07:32:15 PM

The way you handle yourself is truly awe inspiring, What is your background, why did you get into game making if you dont mind me prying.

Warning possibly long post ahead!

Growing up I was always very interested in computers and video games. It wasn't really until highschool though that I was exposed to programming.During that time I was playing a lot of conquer and because of how pay2win the game was, there was a huge hack/bot community surrounding the game. I started teaching myself a little bit about programming but when I went to university I felt that I didn't want to be a professional programmer due to the stigma many programming (especially game design) jobs have in regards to crunch period and constant layoffs when projects are completed.

During my first year at university though I did take a few programming courses due to my own interest while majoring in Philosophy. There's actually a lot of crossover between the two in regards to AI and theory of the human mind. When I was entering my second year though I realized I was spending virtually all of my free time teaching myself more programming and so I made the switch over to computer science. I was lucky enough to get a summer internship for a software development company at the time who specialize in software to map and manage very large data centers. As a result of that internship I was able to meet with some really cool companies and people which secured my interest in programming.

In regards to other job experience, my first job was actually at the local computer store in my town where I worked for a number of years until the owner sold the business. I then was able to use a government program to start my own business doing mobile computer repairs and training which I did until I left for university. After graduating I worked for a number of years for a local internet provider doing technical support as well as writing internal tools for their business. The main one that stands out was a tool to estimate if customers would be able to receive rural wireless service taking into account their location's topography. This involved turning their address into gps coordinates, comparing it against towers in their area and then using heightmap data to try to estimate if there were any obstructions in the way.

After working for that ISP I streamed league of legends semi professionally for around a year before starting to do freelance work for others in the conquer community again. When I saw how poorly managed most of those projects were, I made the decision to start working on my own and the rest is history Smiley

TLDR version: I have a background in computing and customer service with lots and lots of experience regarding internet communities (forums, streams and open source projects). I've also had experience running my own company and in freelance work before I started doing the current server projects.
GamingOn

Activity: 448

BetcoinRakeback.com

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 07:39:53 PM

I'm also curious about this. How did you get into programming in general and what language are you using for writing the game in? Will Rebirth be written in the same language?

Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 07:57:50 PM

Warning possibly long post ahead!

Growing up I was always very interested in computers and video games. It wasn't really until highschool though that I was exposed to programming.During that time I was playing a lot of conquer and because of how pay2win the game was, there was a huge hack/bot community surrounding the game. I started teaching myself a little bit about programming but when I went to university I felt that I didn't want to be a professional programmer due to the stigma many programming (especially game design) jobs have in regards to crunch period and constant layoffs when projects are completed.

During my first year at university though I did take a few programming courses due to my own interest while majoring in Philosophy. There's actually a lot of crossover between the two in regards to AI and theory of the human mind. When I was entering my second year though I realized I was spending virtually all of my free time teaching myself more programming and so I made the switch over to computer science. I was lucky enough to get a summer internship for a software development company at the time who specialize in software to map and manage very large data centers. As a result of that internship I was able to meet with some really cool companies and people which secured my interest in programming.

In regards to other job experience, my first job was actually at the local computer store in my town where I worked for a number of years until the owner sold the business. I then was able to use a government program to start my own business doing mobile computer repairs and training which I did until I left for university. After graduating I worked for a number of years for a local internet provider doing technical support as well as writing internal tools for their business. The main one that stands out was a tool to estimate if customers would be able to receive rural wireless service taking into account their location's topography. This involved turning their address into gps coordinates, comparing it against towers in their area and then using heightmap data to try to estimate if there were any obstructions in the way.

After working for that ISP I streamed league of legends semi professionally for around a year before starting to do freelance work for others in the conquer community again. When I saw how poorly managed most of those projects were, I made the decision to start working on my own and the rest is history Smiley

TLDR version: I have a background in computing and customer service with lots and lots of experience regarding internet communities (forums, streams and open source projects). I've also had experience running my own company and in freelance work before I started doing the current server projects.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Pro4Never

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 08:24:53 PM

I'm also curious about this. How did you get into programming in general and what language are you using for writing the game in? Will Rebirth be written in the same language?

When I was around 10 I started messing around with html. I don't remember what prompted it but I messed around making some really, really basic websites. Because of my complete lack of art abilities I never did much, was just teaching myself some basic tags and stuff out of boredom. I've always been incredibly interested in video games so I've always tried to teach myself little bits and pieces be it doing mods for games, basic scripting or really basic game engines to help learn.

When I was in highschool playing conquer there were a few (realllyyy bad) C# sources that were made public and I started messing around with them learning to understand the code, writing some basic NPC scripts, etc. It was all trial and error and very, very messy.

Apex and the upcoming Heroes project are in C# with mysql backend. The client protection is done in C++ although that is not done by myself. I have a second programmer working with me on heroes who does the client integration side of things. My projects requiring actual client side graphics have been done in XNA/MonoGame and I've written a lot of different tools to help in my workflow. A good example is recently I reverse engineered the model files in the client, wrote a tool to preview, edit and export them so that I could easily import or alter effects to create new items in game.

Here's a super basic set of videos I did so our artists knew how to work with my tools.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ2guEjBCwA

Rebirth will not rely on any existing client and will be built entirely from scratch. For that we plan to use Unity3D for the client side (C#) and C# for the server side the backend database will likely be split among various db types but will likely end up primarily using mysql. At that time we will likely also move towards using asp.net so that our client, server and website all are based on C#. Makes things easier.

One of the points in the roadmap mentions various prototype builds and that will be very important. The game client we're using now is using some really, really bad practices for how it renders objects in game and how it handles network traffic. That's not problems that can be solved without writing our own custom client from scratch and we plan to to it properly. The first couple months of development for that project will revolve entirely around designing various approaches for the game rendering, file management and network architecture to make sure it's modern and scales well under heavy loads.
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:44:57 PM

Hi,

When wanting to download I never see windows 10, will it be compatible or should I just use my windows 7 computer?

The thing is my windows 10 is higher spec and would prefer that?

Either way I will be joining you very soon after answer and be playing for a long time to come.

Go JEWELS! Cool

I personally play with windows 10 with no problem. You should be fine Smiley

Thanks I will get that set up tonight.

It will probably take awhile because of my slow connection, I hope that doesn't ruin my gaming experience to much.

I might have to look into upgrading if so  Cheesy

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JewelsProject (OP)

Activity: 196

Official Jewels Dev Account.

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2016, 11:03:28 PM

Updated OP with a link to the ICO tracker page which will make it easy to keep track of how much has been raised so far! We'll be adding a count down timer later on to this page.

Posum578

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 02:07:20 AM

Updated OP with a link to the ICO tracker page which will make it easy to keep track of how much has been raised so far! We'll be adding a count down timer later on to this page.

Do you not consider to use any reputable escrow? Hard for get fund without escrow
Investor dont want risk their money on new coin
JewelsProject (OP)

Activity: 196

Official Jewels Dev Account.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2016, 02:17:20 AM

Do you not consider to use any reputable escrow? Hard for get fund without escrow

You know who we are, you've seen our past work and so you know the product is real in fact we'd love it if you even tried it out and offered us feedback on your experience!

I don't quite understand the need for an escrow for this project given all our transparency. I feel like this is a phenomenon similar to the prejudice shown towards a newbie account. What purpose does an escrow serve if the only requirement is usually the launch of the network? Even scams can provide you with this much. The current state of Waves is an example of this (not to say Waves is a scam). People overall seem upset in the thread that there is a lack of communication and transparency between the team and investors yet their escrow has already released all the funds to them since the network has launched and the coin cam be traded.

If the community feels strongly about using an escrow, we will take it into consideration.

Pro4Never

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2016, 04:09:32 AM

We'd be happy to hear from other investors if they have similar concerns. That being said though, we feel we're being pretty upfront with people. I'm not sure that escrow could offer much more peace of mind compared to the public track record me/my projects have as well as the ongoing information that we're providing. Lets be clear here, if this was some sad attempt at scamming people, we could still do it while using escrow. That's not the case though so I'd say give the game a try, talk to some of the players, check out some of our past videos and posts and let us know if you have further thoughts or suggestions.

As mentioned by the official jewels account, if it's a major concern for a lot of people, we can of course look into making the switch.
Washika

Activity: 332

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 05:41:08 AM

We'd be happy to hear from other investors if they have similar concerns. That being said though, we feel we're being pretty upfront with people. I'm not sure that escrow could offer much more peace of mind compared to the public track record me/my projects have as well as the ongoing information that we're providing. Lets be clear here, if this was some sad attempt at scamming people, we could still do it while using escrow. That's not the case though so I'd say give the game a try, talk to some of the players, check out some of our past videos and posts and let us know if you have further thoughts or suggestions.

As mentioned by the official jewels account, if it's a major concern for a lot of people, we can of course look into making the switch.

I think it's pretty clear you're a trust worthy guy after all people on your game have been giving you money for over a year now and I'm sure anyone who plays your game will vouch you are not a scammer. One thing I would like to see more of is videos about your development where you talk to us investors who are not as familiar with the game itself about development, progress, your thoughts in general about things, etc.
sadasa

Activity: 446

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 08:19:01 AM

I think it's pretty clear you're a trust worthy guy after all people on your game have been giving you money for over a year now and I'm sure anyone who plays your game will vouch you are not a scammer. One thing I would like to see more of is videos about your development where you talk to us investors who are not as familiar with the game itself about development, progress, your thoughts in general about things, etc.

There is really no need for a third party in this project, I'd actually feel worried then due to the past Escrow mischievous behaviors on this forum.

You have your identity here, your game, your community and history.

I can say with a high degree of confidence that you are genuine and more so than an anonymous escrow.  

Glad to see the ICO tracker page and to be part of this project so early on.

B2

BitDouble.io

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: