News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you believe in god?
Yes - 362 (65.9%)
No - 139 (25.3%)
Other - 48 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 549

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 189 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in god?  (Read 315966 times)
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:36:57 PM

AFnewbie,

yes, as you can see with your own eyes I can not only read but write aswell.

Did my mention of "autists" offend you so much? Praying wont cure your condition, but neither will hatred of people, who came here to talk. Not shout insults. Learn the difference.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:28:18 PM

If a true god existed it wouldn't care for us, an almighty omnipotent, omniscient being caring about the prayers of insects? It wouldn't care for it's omniscient and already knows what you will pray and even more clearly it doesn't care because its will is not enforced by its omnipotent powers.

God was great enough that He placed a little piece of His God-Spirit into each of us. Because of this, God calls us His children, and treats us that way.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:29:04 PM

Yes I have the audacity to post my word here and say that hope has a name, joy has a name, peace has a name, love has a name - and its name is Carrie, it's Jacob, it's Henry, and it's Hazel, and countless others too. Praise their names forever! I am not afraid to call anyone [who can truly identify with another] God, or have faith [in what's proven]. I don't operate on opinions and interest alone, but especially on strong convictions. I am convinced that we are what we have been looking for (all this time), and believe me, it's a humbling, sobering thought, but not only that, is also revolutionary, and it will change the world forever.

Yes, we can see and feel the changes of that *revolutionary* thinking everywhere  Grin I understand very well. "Humanism" is neither new, nor revolutionary in fact it is well in line with modern western society, that wants atomized individuals willing to believe anything  Wink the dates have changed, but fallacies of human mind had not.

Please go on and tell me how you, Carrie, Jakob, Henry, Hazel (hope, I did not forget anybody) present unity of matter and spirit in our existence? How you create and then alter laws that govern plants and animals, rivers and mountains, molecules aswell as massive black holes.

What is interesting is that you have faith - if your comment is genuine. You just focus it solely on your relationship with other human beings. Thats not a bad thing. These secular religions are without perspective, but they certainly dont make you a bad person. Have a nice day.

Yes i believe in god, there is a superior being above us who is waching us and protecting us from evil.
It's even funny to read it. What protects you is your God? Than you think you are better than soldiers who die protecting your country? Why your God does not protect them. I think they have more rights to protection than you. Why, why, why?

Speaking of soldiers....

Consider the following scenario:

Two soldiers from two opposing armies, both praying to the SAME God to win the battle and survive:

1. Soldier A dies, soldier B lives - God did not answer prayer
2. Soldier A lives, soldier B dies - God did not answer prayer
3. Soldier A lives, soldier B lives, but army A wins - God did not answer prayer
4. Soldier A lives, soldier B lives, but army B wins - God did not answer prayer
5. Soldier A lives, soldier B lives, but nobody wins - God did not answer prayers

Praying cannot work.  Physically impossible.  

And that is supposed to prove?

Guys, seriously, sometimes I feel this forum is full of autists. Praying is not making corporate bussiness deals with comicbook Superman. The praying man reminds himself of his relationship with God, with all the matter and spirit in the Universe. Him as mere part of a whole. Praying while perhaps "weird" from mechanical, materialistic point of view, mobilizes your internal strength. Reminding you, that wherever you, you are not alone. And whatever you do after - will be judged.

If I am one of many Autists who fills this forum, I am a proud one at that! As to your question of unity, I don't know how. I am merely part of ongoing processes, at which I marvel continuously. Pertaining to laws, I am not aware of a particular universal constant that would be subject to change in this particular universe, of which I am a specific part, and thus subject to its intended working.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 08:36:02 PM

BIBLE-READING STUDENT HAS SHOCK ENCOUNTER WITH LIB PROF,
IMMEDIATELY TURNS THE TABLES...

Andrew Kerr for Western Journalism reports, A history student at Northern Arizona University was asked by his professor to stop reading his Bible prior to the start of one of his classes, according to a recording obtained by Campus Reform.

BIBLE-READING STUDENT HAS SHOCK ENCOUNTER WITH LIB PROF,
IMMEDIATELY TURNS THE TABLES...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfhhCYLgA7E

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 09:07:15 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2017, 10:09:47 PM by Okurkabinladin

If I am one of many Autists who fills this forum, I am a proud one at that! As to your question of unity, I don't know how. I am merely part of ongoing processes, at which I marvel continuously. Pertaining to laws, I am not aware of a particular universal constant that would be subject to change in this particular universe, of which I am a specific part, and thus subject to its intended working.

I wasnt addressing you and I am sorry, if you think otherwise. The other user did not even try to be respectful, when he came here and started throwing fallacies at others for disagreeing with him, I responded in kind as trolls and bullies destroy any chance of discourse.

Focus of the thread is "do you believe in God" with question mark, not "now, I am going to tell you dumb sub-humans there is no god." Or "roast me". I hope, we are also clear in that.

We may not agree on everything, but lets not infringe on each others dignity just because of it. You actually took time to clarify some of your more vague positions on this issue. Thank you.
SingAlong

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:37:23 AM

Yes I have the audacity to post my word here and say that hope has a name, joy has a name, peace has a name, love has a name - and its name is Carrie, it's Jacob, it's Henry, and it's Hazel, and countless others too. Praise their names forever! I am not afraid to call anyone [who can truly identify with another] God, or have faith [in what's proven]. I don't operate on opinions and interest alone, but especially on strong convictions. I am convinced that we are what we have been looking for (all this time), and believe me, it's a humbling, sobering thought, but not only that, is also revolutionary, and it will change the world forever.

Yes, we can see and feel the changes of that *revolutionary* thinking everywhere  Grin I understand very well. "Humanism" is neither new, nor revolutionary in fact it is well in line with modern western society, that wants atomized individuals willing to believe anything  Wink the dates have changed, but fallacies of human mind had not.

Please go on and tell me how you, Carrie, Jakob, Henry, Hazel (hope, I did not forget anybody) present unity of matter and spirit in our existence? How you create and then alter laws that govern plants and animals, rivers and mountains, molecules aswell as massive black holes.

What is interesting is that you have faith - if your comment is genuine. You just focus it solely on your relationship with other human beings. Thats not a bad thing. These secular religions are without perspective, but they certainly dont make you a bad person. Have a nice day.

Yes i believe in god, there is a superior being above us who is waching us and protecting us from evil.
It's even funny to read it. What protects you is your God? Than you think you are better than soldiers who die protecting your country? Why your God does not protect them. I think they have more rights to protection than you. Why, why, why?

Speaking of soldiers....

Consider the following scenario:

Two soldiers from two opposing armies, both praying to the SAME God to win the battle and survive:

1. Soldier A dies, soldier B lives - God did not answer prayer
2. Soldier A lives, soldier B dies - God did not answer prayer
3. Soldier A lives, soldier B lives, but army A wins - God did not answer prayer
4. Soldier A lives, soldier B lives, but army B wins - God did not answer prayer
5. Soldier A lives, soldier B lives, but nobody wins - God did not answer prayers

Praying cannot work.  Physically impossible.  

And that is supposed to prove?

Guys, seriously, sometimes I feel this forum is full of autists. Praying is not making corporate bussiness deals with comicbook Superman. The praying man reminds himself of his relationship with God, with all the matter and spirit in the Universe. Him as mere part of a whole. Praying while perhaps "weird" from mechanical, materialistic point of view, mobilizes your internal strength. Reminding you, that wherever you, you are not alone. And whatever you do after - will be judged.

If we use our logical reasoning not like that failed argument about soldier and prayers, we could possibly arrive in a conclusion that it is better to worship God our savior than not to.

I will first cross out some argument that you are starting to think of. ''No one can prove that God is not true nor no one can prove that God is true'', am I correct? So, we can't start an argument regarding the existence of God so it is up to you whether to believe him or not since no one can tell which is right among you. In addition, prayers who are not granted can't debunk the existence of a God and also prayers who are granted (especially miracles which even the brightest in the field of science can't even explain) can support the idea that there is a God.

So, let's proceed with justifying the first sentence:

If God is not true, then the believers would gain nothing and also the non-believers, right? But what if God is true then the believers will gain something and the non-believer will lose something. In a much simpler way, you will gain something by believing in God than not to. Let's give an actual scenario, if God is true and save your souls in hell by believing him (take note we can't debunk anything if we can't prove that it doesn't exist nor it does exist so we can't start an argument by saying that this is not true or this is true; we are being logical here and no bias so if you proceed in doing so then you have a failed argument by 'fallacy') then you do gain something but if you do not believe in God then you will just suffer and burn yourself forever. On the other hand, if God is not true then you die, I die and end of the story and you will not gain anything.

We lose greatly in not believing God but also, we gain nothing if God is not true, we gain greatly in believing God but also we gain nothing if God is not true.
----Let's examine it carefully:
---------> If true: either we gain or lose and of course we choose to gain than to lose something, right?
---------> If false: we gain or lose nothing and end of the story.

But of course I'm not saying that we should believe in God because that is the logical thing to do. The purpose in this argument is to promote respect to the beliefs of one another and put your argument straight on not using some stupid fallacies which really degrade your understanding regarding the matter so in other words you are promoting a stupid and dumb argument here lad. In argument, the way you deliver it should contain the element of being logical and to choose the words you are using in order to not offend or disrespect someone to promote a healthy, intellectual, and smooth flow of argument.

In conclusion, no one can prove nor disprove God's existence hence no one has the right to conclude that it is true or not. This argument is not bias and has used enough facts to support the validity of this argument. The religion should promote the well-being of one another that is by instilling good virtues, morals, and right conduct so who are we to destroy this institution who mold a good citizen and become a good citizen. Whether this religion believes in God and by believing God they can promote a society with people having good manners and right conduct then who are we to judge? (And is it logical enough to let it stay as it promotes well-being and we ought to gain something by having it than destroying though we will not gain anything?) We can't judge something with a fragment information or knowledge hence we judge something having enough details, information, and knowledge regarding the said matter like a trial in the court. If you are thinking in starting an argument regarding the religions instilling bad virtues, morals, and wrong conduct then it is another story or argument but remember that mostly the religion itself is true and good with its intentions but the hearts of those religious leaders who are corrupted inside should not tarnish the real teachings of that particular religion.

P.S. we can't go anywhere by presenting an invalid argument or fallacy.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:55:03 AM

AFnewbie,

yes, as you can see with your own eyes I can not only read but write aswell.

Did my mention of "autists" offend you so much? Praying wont cure your condition, but neither will hatred of people, who came here to talk. Not shout insults. Learn the difference.

Cheesy

That was pretty funny.

Sanekavg13

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:52:04 AM

I believe in God, but I do not recognize any religion and do not go to church or anything for a congregation of like-minded people.
Barrymore

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:44:08 AM

I believe in God, but I do not recognize any religion and do not go to church or anything for a congregation of like-minded people.
And how can you believe in God or go to Church? As far as I know this is a mandatory requirement of the religion. You go to atone for their sins for the week, and the Church has money from you for it.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 10:51:15 AM

I kind of arrived at the same feeling about that dude. seeng all these people fight and hate because of their religion makes me lose confidence in them. and all these rules and laws that according to pastors, priests, teachers etc that you have to follow doesn't really accomplish anything but make these high people in a religion rich. I believe in god but I can prove it my own way be helping others and living a life of respect and kindness

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Forester618

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:22:04 AM

I kind of arrived at the same feeling about that dude. seeng all these people fight and hate because of their religion makes me lose confidence in them. and all these rules and laws that according to pastors, priests, teachers etc that you have to follow doesn't really accomplish anything but make these high people in a religion rich. I believe in god but I can prove it my own way be helping others and living a life of respect and kindness
It seems to me that it is not faith in God. It's just a desire to live according to his principles. Many religions preach good principles, but use them for their own selfish purposes. Your religion is to live in comfort with their beliefs. I think it's right.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 12:25:38 PM

Do you believe in god? If you do, why do you believe? (give a few reasons)

Yes I do believe, He's a powerful one, merciful, Healer, Helper, God is everything in this world. We have God who will depend us in every problem, so we must not had a doubt on Him.

dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:15:35 PM

Yes I do believe, He's a powerful one, merciful, Healer, Helper, God is everything in this world. We have God who will depend us in every problem, so we must not had a doubt on Him.

News came out recently; was a scientific discovery allegedly: God, the All-Power-Full One, was quite an ambitious Creator at the beginning [of time] [but being ambitious even before time in the endless stretches of the No-Time era before time], and in his overly excited state of creating - a humongous blast (God loves things that go KABOOM), he miscalculated his exact position during the BANG, having planned to be at a safe distance from the blast itself, and got hit....I know, I know, it's a sad day indeed. We are all alone by ourselves now in this clockwork universe. But hey, we can still make the best of a bad situation right?  Wink
Thomson2000

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:31:44 PM

I don't believe in God because it is not. If I'd seen examples of justice which exists in the society of believers then I would have thought. And so I see only what religion exploits people and incites them to war for supremacy of their religion.
moonya

Activity: 263

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:38:18 PM

I don't believe in God because it is not. If I'd seen examples of justice which exists in the society of believers then I would have thought. And so I see only what religion exploits people and incites them to war for supremacy of their religion.

In the world in general, there is a lot of injustice, but more it hooks believers, and not those who take their lives in their hands and are freed from the slavery of religion.
Barmen

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:44:33 PM

In the world in general, there is a lot of injustice, but more it hooks believers, and not those who take their lives in their hands and are freed from the slavery of religion.
In fact, the majority of people who say that believe in God don't believe in him. Even the Bible says that the judge should be. Look at the works of believers. I have personally seen how prison inmates praying in the Church and then go out and commit crimes again. And this is just one example.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:47:25 PM

Go to this site - https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/archivepix.html - and click the links. Read what is said below the picture in each link. Many of those captions express that big bang is truth. Yet we all know that big bang is theory, that is, not known to be factual. When people believe something to be factual while they don't know it, they have a religion going for themselves in their belief. This means that a large part of science has become religion for many people.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:48:43 PM

In fact, the majority of people who say that believe in God don't believe in him. Even the Bible says that the judge should be. Look at the works of believers. I have personally seen how prison inmates praying in the Church and then go out and commit crimes again. And this is just one example.

Believing in God is not the same as knowing that He exists. Everybody knows in their hearts that God exists.

Cool

Samuel21

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:52:01 PM

How can you believe in something that does not exist? I think it's stupid. Actually, I believe that those who believe in God is stupid people.
Samadur

Activity: 287

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:04:09 PM

How can you believe in something that does not exist? I think it's stupid. Actually, I believe that those who believe in God is stupid people.
Without the Faith to live very hard and it seems to me that you have not yet fallen into such situations when a person begins to believe for a reason. Maybe it's too early for you, And maybe it's too late to believe in something.
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 189 »
  Print  

Jump to: