Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:06:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAO] Tao, AltMarket & FanMix - Real Solutions for the Music Industry!  (Read 92985 times)
pkoston

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 07:15:20 PM

If you have put money in TAO you still have a chance to withdraw. There is no escrow and Bryce is already using ICO money for "promotions" and flights and accommodation to San Franscisco. He is also spending parts of the ICO funds on hookers and blow but he hasn't mentioned that but it goes without saying that only a hooker would fuck a 5 foot tall man with dwarfism. Hey Bryce, hope you are enjoying the hookers and blow.

"Bryce Weiner's latest ponzi - We didn't use an escrow because the one we wanted to use were too busy for us. (youtube.com)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4xya2d/bryce_weiners_latest_ponzi_we_didnt_use_an_escrow/

Some good quotes:
Weiner is a full on retard.
If you give this guy money, you deserve to lose it.

They're multisig green address wallets, not personal.... But I use the funds to spend them on stuff. "We are not doing a pump and dump".

This douche has one of the most punchable faces I've ever seen

What a dipshit. Tell us again about Zeta and Africa. Hahaha. Kind of scammers ya fed snitch ya!

This Weiner guy is full of shit and it's clear as soon as he stops his talking and has to answer questions. Very boring talk but those minutes watching him trying to evade answers are very telling.

So many scam artists on blockchain looking to get btc coins. Be very careful what you invest in. Watch this guy try to wiggle out of answering questions about what he's doing with his crowdfunding coins. Also listen to him try to claim his new company has no connection to his old failed company. Pretty boring video but he around the 30 minute mark onwards the interviewer starts to ask questions and he tries hard to change the topic. Would you send your bitcoins to a private individual, with a history of failed scams, who does a podcast from his bedroom and refuses to use and escrow.

3 days ago Bryce posted that he will be forking Bitcoin. This leaves no time to work on TAO. Get your refunds in! Needless to say, he will abandon this TAO project as well as his bull shit talk about hard forking Bitcoin.

"My name is Bryce Weiner and I want to hard fork Bitcoin."

https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/4xndhi/my_name_is_bryce_weiner_and_i_want_to_hard_fork/

Some good quotes:

ITT: a shitcoin developer desperate to sell his new business model to the enemy (RIAA) who are the absolute worst scum in the history of the web

Why was this link deleted from this thread? Is Weiner's past too uncomfortable to expose? http://kentucky.arrests.org/Arrests/Bryce_Weiner_10082393/

Bryce Weiner in an infamous shitcoin dev who over promises and never delivers. Bruce Wanker was created to mock him.
Failed projects include: popcoin, razor, bitseeds, some shit "pegged" to the price of oil and numerous others that I can't recall the name of Petrodollar edit: also Amkoin, GamerHolicCoin, Dirac etc. Responsible for Myriadcoin airdrop lies.
He's appealing to you in order to advertise his latest coin.

Basically he is a smart, ruthless and vindictive scammer with a bit of charisma. Avoid at all costs.

Do you blame all your other failures on Blocktech too?

Bryce is not the type of leader that we need in a fork.
Glad when people are supportive of a fork, but this is the dude who tweeted money to ISIS.
You need to have at least a little bit of political savvy to be a leader. That was strike 1. There are several other strikes that make me say, naaaaah not a good choice of a leader.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryceweiner

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 11:57:35 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2016, 12:20:14 PM by bryceweiner

I personally don't pay much attention to the drama. I also don't criticize that he played some experimental games. Everybody knows that this is an experimental space and a high risk-market. So it's kind of normal that many projects will die and a lot of Developers move on to other projects and start something new - and some do it again and again etc.

But what I think is revealing: He doesn't answer on questions that are fundamental.
This one for example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1567647.msg15892953#msg15892953

What I believe to see here is that he uses the drama. All of his friends and also he himself defend this more about personal-topics and how bad those are who scream "Scammer" and how toxic BCT is etc. But nobody talks about this ICO and how it's handled, the tech, the economical side, and so on. It's a total lack of professionalism in my opinion and my impression is: It's all rushed out. And every time something is rushed out the priority is "money soon".

My personal conclusion is: This won't have any chance and there is a high risk that it will end like the other experiments of B. Weiner. And for now I don't believe it's really legit, because it's never a good sign if somebody avoids to reply on questions about fundamentals while he himself raised a lot of questions in the interview.

These are great comments, and quite frankly I stopped reading the thread when it degenerated into nonsense.  Can you really blame me?  If BCT is going to be so openly hostile then I really am not going to spend a lot of time allowing it to occupy my brainspace.

For instance, I have mentioned several times that if anyone would like escrow they are more than welcome to select a reputable escrow provider in the industry and we will accommodate them.  Anyone who doesn't want to use escrow is welcome to participate through the website and people have.  If that's a turn off to some people, okay.  One might then conclude that there's something going on here that isn't what people are normally used to dealing with.  But no, the assumption is simply I'm a crook or a scammer and I always have been it's just one more scam blah blah blah.

I'm honestly too busy to really address concerns I've addressed elsewhere in other venues.  I have a project I am getting off the ground.  If BitcoinTalk falls behind the curve as it becomes a low priority due to the responses... well, there's only so much time in the day.  

If people feel so strongly then they are welcome to vote with their wallet.  They are not anyone I should spend time trying to convince of anything.  They have already made up their minds.

If you haven't made up your mind then come and ask questions in a venue where your answer will be heard and have meaning.  Our slack is open to everyone.  I am active on Twitter.  I am very approachable and willing to discuss the project with anyone.  

We are still moving forward and releasing information. We will continue to release it on BCT, however I cannot see how any actual discussion here is productive or at best repetitive.  Perhaps once the crowd sale closes things will change and we can try again, until then anyone generally interested in the project is welcome to join our slack as I have mentioned.

Edit to add: I'm currently in San Francisco speaking with people about Tao in person.  I am here because I want people to understand that when I stated I would hard fork Bitcoin that I was serious.  I haven't had many people disagree once I've explained it to them.  It's really only a matter of time, and the information we are releasing today should put that in perspective.

Here's a slide deck that describes how the Tao system works.

http://www.slideshare.net/BryceWeiner/tao-of-music
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 12:47:20 PM

I personally don't pay much attention to the drama. I also don't criticize that he played some experimental games. Everybody knows that this is an experimental space and a high risk-market. So it's kind of normal that many projects will die and a lot of Developers move on to other projects and start something new - and some do it again and again etc.

But what I think is revealing: He doesn't answer on questions that are fundamental.
This one for example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1567647.msg15892953#msg15892953

What I believe to see here is that he uses the drama. All of his friends and also he himself defend this more about personal-topics and how bad those are who scream "Scammer" and how toxic BCT is etc. But nobody talks about this ICO and how it's handled, the tech, the economical side, and so on. It's a total lack of professionalism in my opinion and my impression is: It's all rushed out. And every time something is rushed out the priority is "money soon".

My personal conclusion is: This won't have any chance and there is a high risk that it will end like the other experiments of B. Weiner. And for now I don't believe it's really legit, because it's never a good sign if somebody avoids to reply on questions about fundamentals while he himself raised a lot of questions in the interview.

These are great comments, and quite frankly I stopped reading the thread when it degenerated into nonsense.  Can you really blame me?  If BCT is going to be so openly hostile then I really am not going to spend a lot of time allowing it to occupy my brainspace.

For instance, I have mentioned several times that if anyone would like escrow they are more than welcome to select a reputable escrow provider in the industry and we will accommodate them.  Anyone who doesn't want to use escrow is welcome to participate through the website and people have.  If that's a turn off to some people, okay.  One might then conclude that there's something going on here that isn't what people are normally used to dealing with.  But no, the assumption is simply I'm a crook or a scammer and I always have been it's just one more scam blah blah blah.

I'm honestly too busy to really address concerns I've addressed elsewhere in other venues.  I have a project I am getting off the ground.  If BitcoinTalk falls behind the curve as it becomes a low priority due to the responses... well, there's only so much time in the day.   

If people feel so strongly then they are welcome to vote with their wallet.  They are not anyone I should spend time trying to convince of anything.  They have already made up their minds.

If you haven't made up your mind then come and ask questions in a venue where your answer will be heard and have meaning.  Our slack is open to everyone.  I am active on Twitter.  I am very approachable and willing to discuss the project with anyone. 

We are still moving forward and releasing information. We will continue to release it on BCT, however I cannot see how any actual discussion here is productive or at best repetitive.  Perhaps once the crowd sale closes things will change and we can try again, until then anyone generally interested in the project is welcome to join our slack as I have mentioned.

Absolutely your choice how you handle all this. But for me personally I can say that I'm very serious and as professional I can be when it comes to the question if I invest in a project or not. And like I've said, I don't pay much attention to drama and at least partially I also can understand a Dev who was and is active in more than just one project. But of course, it's part of your history and it would be unusual if you wouldn't have to face some questions and also accusations when it comes to that. Some may be unfair but it's something an Investor has to consider. 

But what I personally focus on is how professional somebody acts - also regarding communication, how transparent in general, how much info a team provides and so on. And even without the drama and the accusations against you as Bryce Weiner, I would step back here. In comparison to some other projects this seems to be not very interesting while I would have a lot of questions I shouldn't have if there would be enough informations. And I mean, you talk about Factom in your interview and you imply they wouldn't deliver, as if they just would raise money while being lazy and that it would be hard to keep track because they're active in China and so on. That's what got my attention because a guy on Twitter said he would've learned Factom would be about lies. And if you complain about scam-accusations against you, but "teach" others about other projects in that way - what could you expect else as a lot of critical comments?

And if you take a look how this turned out until now you are most likely not very satisfied. I've made a screenshot of the raised amount one week ago and it was about $29k. Now it's at $33.5k and that is not just a result of Scam-accusations. I doubt that it would be much more if you would have done this with another guy in front without history that could be used for scam-accusations. Just one point for example:

After all the claims about connections in the music-industry or at least to artists I also would expect those guys to support this project. How can anybody know that those claims are true if they don't show up? Or the other members of the team. If I would consider to invest I would have a lot of questions. And I would immediately decide not to invest if I see that somebody doesn't want to answer.

It would be on you to anticipate all kinds of reactions and to know how to address it all. That's what I personally would consider as a sign of professionalism.
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 12:50:26 PM

Edit to add: I'm currently in San Francisco speaking with people about Tao in person.  I am here because I want people to understand that when I stated I would hard fork Bitcoin that I was serious.  I haven't had many people disagree once I've explained it to them.  It's really only a matter of time, and the information we are releasing today should put that in perspective.

Regarding Bitcoin: I'm pretty sure that it will be hard-forked. But maybe you should focus more on one big thing instead of TAO and Bitland and hardforking Bitcoin and all at the same time. ;-)
bryceweiner

Activity: 80

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 06:10:18 PM

After all the claims about connections in the music-industry or at least to artists I also would expect those guys to support this project. How can anybody know that those claims are true if they don't show up? Or the other members of the team. If I would consider to invest I would have a lot of questions. And I would immediately decide not to invest if I see that somebody doesn't want to answer.
This is another great point.  We haven't posted it on the forums, but we've secured an official partnership with Boogie Shack Music Group.  BSMG is run by Hakim Draper, a former exec from Warner Music.  We announced this to our mailing list.  Logos should be going up on the BSMG website (theboogieshack.com).  Last week myself, Hakim, and Tao Advisor Dale Everingham were at the Independent Entertainment Summit building support for the project.

I have been very open and accessible.  I've not actually avoided answering anything.  What I will not do is entertain wannabe tabloid interviewers who make statements that are false.  I'm not sure where it is written that would be journalists cannot be held to the same standards of factual statements and integrity to which the rest of us our allegedly held.  It makes one wonder as to the actual intent of such programs.

There are two sides to this project: the music side and the blockchain side.  These two interests are sometimes antagonistic and both have their own politics and concerns.  The music industry is a $75,000,000,000 a year industry and it is important to be as respectful towards those careers and interests as it is to publish our work open source.    This is a very delicate project and if there's anything that is going to give it's in our delivery of what we have planned it will be in the cryptocurrency community.  It also just so happens that the crypto community caters towards that position naturally, so it tends to work out very well.

Today we're going to provide our solution to the world and allow people to tear it apart, copy it, or modify it.  We are going to give it away and let people do whatever they want with it because it is more important that the idea reach the public consciousness than it is that we hold on to it for licensing. We've already begun to release the information to our mailing list, slack channels, and friends of the project in both Bitcoin/blockchain and the music industry.  Posting it here on BitcoinTalk will happen shortly.

Most projects that are intent on actually doing something don't bother with BCT anymore, if you haven't noticed.  Even with the way people perceive my work in the space I was still adamant about the BCT community being included in the conversation.  

Thank you for taking the time to explain your point of view and I look forward to your continued questions and comments.  

Regarding Bitcoin: I'm pretty sure that it will be hard-forked. But maybe you should focus more on one big thing instead of TAO and Bitland and hardforking Bitcoin and all at the same time. ;-)
We are.  We are so confident in what we are doing that we felt it was necessary to inform the community of what was coming.
taoron (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:00:22 PM

Today, we bring you the more detailed versions on how all of the Tao of music will function. There are many parts to this, which have each their own piece to the puzzle. I will leave all the tech talk in the PDFs below, but please see the general overview of the process here:

First we have the 'tokenization' of the content. This is called the Virtual Audio Record (VAR).
http://tao.network/Tao_Virtual_Audio_Record.pdf

The second is the distribution model where the content is accessed and how the tokens are regulated within the system.
http://tao.network/Tao_DPDS.pdf

In addition, we have the identity system which had previously been released on Github here:
https://github.com/1Ring/1Ring
maxcarjuzaa

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2016, 11:03:32 PM

I deposited in the crowd sale 24 hours ago but the TAO web wallets keeps showing 0 balance.

How do i make a claim?
taoron (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 02:52:53 AM

I deposited in the crowd sale 24 hours ago but the TAO web wallets keeps showing 0 balance.

The web wallet will read 0 as no coins have been moved as of yet. We will be detailing the process of exporting the keys and importing into the release wallet. Apologies on the confusion this may have caused.
taoron (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 03:00:41 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2016, 06:07:09 PM by taoron

Latest News!

https://news.bitcoin.com/tao-network-boogie-shack-music-group/

And interviews!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e--QxorwlQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hN8egBIUXw
m4nki

Activity: 1039
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 24, 2016, 10:49:32 AM

Following this thread.

Pioneer88

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 05:08:20 AM

Great news, a clear roadmap with many updates will ensure the success of TAO

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
taoron (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 06:24:44 PM

More in the news today!

http://ajournalofmusicalthings.com/tao-blockchain-network-forms-partnership-boogie-shack-music-group/
https://cointelegraph.com/news/the-state-of-smart-contracts-mistakes-benefits-and-the-tao-project
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 07:09:09 PM

Following this project... i think good project...  Smiley
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2016, 07:35:09 PM

When is this ICO going to end, and do they have any social/signature bounties?

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
taoron (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 09:35:17 PM

There are bounties:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1567647.msg15782081#msg15782081

The crowdsale ends on the 28th
googie4

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2016, 09:46:09 PM

Watching to see how this goes but I think the name is to close to dao so consider changing it.

Name is too close to a popular coin named Tau. It might confuse some people
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:51:35 AM

Good Luck. Another ICO.
taoron (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:31:04 PM

The list of translations is growing, and we have more on the way!
Any bounties along with crowdsale participants will be paid to the wallets once the crowdsale has ended.

Thank you everyone for the help!
Crypto_FreeMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:09:17 PM

The list of translations is growing, and we have more on the way!
Any bounties along with crowdsale participants will be paid to the wallets once the crowdsale has ended.

Thank you everyone for the help!
yeap thank you
Russian translation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1597883.0

address is sent in PM )
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 28, 2016, 03:38:45 PM

Hi, italian traslation threads of TAO is here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1599701

Good luck, to all.... i think this project is next DAO Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: